View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #157 (permalink)
Albert Kettleburn
Minister for Magic
Lobalug

Minister's Office

Albert held up a hand again, once again halting things. He hated to interrupt, but he needed to clarify his position, since he had obviously explained himself badly when working out his policies with Gavin's predecessor. Not at all Gavin's fault.

"I should clarify before we get underway, Mr. Isaacs. I'm concerned at the lack of formality and professionalism in the Ministry. It is a workplace and should be treated like it. We will all perform our jobs with greater skill if we can view our work as a profession and not as drudgery to get through. One of the major ways to instill that sense of professionalism is to establish common standards of dress. A dress code, if you like. I'm not interested in uniforms. This is not a sports team. We are a place of business. We need standards, but people are free to be themselves within those standards. Am I understood?"

Ah, and that being said, Albert turned his attention to Mr. Neves. "I would like to see you in my office once we are adjourned. We should be properly introduced, and I want to set you up with a work space."