Thread: The Hog's Head
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 03:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Gryffindoll

Scheming Marauder
Ghost

Serial Prankster • Troloholic • Like a BAWS • Brae the Lionheart & Lion Cub • AnDee & Melsse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
It most certainly wasn't nothing. Ella could tell by the way he was avoiding eye contact and that only made her more curious. What on earth had he convinced himself was going on with her? And then he had put his ogre mask back on and was acting like all this was a normal get together which was just as weird. She narrowed her eyes at him and raised an eyebrow, wondering what was up. He was being so strange.

Ella mirrored Edric's actions and a faint smile played on her lips, deciding on how to best put this. She wanted him to understand but not hate her. She really hoped he wouldn't hate her for this.

"I'm trying to tell you that you always seem to think the worst about me." It was true. He seemed to just assume she was off making irrational decisions during her free time. "And you shouldn't because I'm not a little kid anymore." Nodnod. "You shouldn't underestimate me either." And she picked up the letter, her smile widening slightly.
Edric tried his best not to look guilty, but he couldn't help turning his gaze away for a moment as Ella accused him of always thinking the worst about her. Fine, it was true. He looked back at her, trying to remain casual and unbothered.

Okay, so she had a point.
Maybe he did have a habit of assuming the worst, and maybe he was treating her too much like a child. But, he couldn't help it! To him, Ella was a child! She would always be. Despite their age difference being so insignificant, Edric had already, without realizing, taken on the role of guardian. He felt like it was his responsibility to make sure that Ella was always on the right track, always happy, and always well.

Yeah, it was weird because ogres weren't supposed to have feelings. Maybe the thirteen-year-old Ella he'd met at Hogwarts had fed him a potion that still held an effect on him to this day.

Then Ella was reminding him not to underestimate her.
"Underestimate you, eh?" repeated Edric with a raised eyebrow. He seemed a bit panicked. Oh gawd, Ella had some evil plan up her sleeve, didn't she? This whole thing had been staged to make him look like a royal fool, hadn't it?
No! No more jumping to conclusions! Edric had to be more cautious now. "What did you do, Ells?"

— the sun & the moon