View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofmystery View Post
I think she meant she'd get more honest and unbiased reviews, especially given all the backlash with The Casual Vacancy last year. Most of TCV's reviews were comparisons to Harry Potter and about Jo Rowling herself, and few just focused on the story. Since no one knew that TCC was hers, and believed it was just some random unknown author, they could review just on the book and not what the author had done in the past (and from what I can tell - I'm only early in the book now - the reviews are FAR more favourable for TCC than they were for TCV).
Yeah that's a good point. Still doesn't change how disappointed I was with The Casual Vacancy. Let's hope this one will be better? Seems that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasleytwinsROCK View Post
And the pseudonym is brilliant. I'm unsure of whether this is fully correct, but John Kennedy Galbraith was a famous political person, who, if you take his initials, was J.K. Galbraith. I can imagine J.K. taking the Galbraith from that, even if it isn't actually true, and taking the Robert from somewhere else. If this is true, I love that, because it's something meaningful... It just seems planned and clever and brilliant and I really do feel kind of proud right now.
If this connection is right... and it does seem like something she would do... that's really cool!

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
BanaBatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote