Thread: Conference Room
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
Ladybug

Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Enya Mayberry
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bradley "Brad" Wills.
Accidents & Catastrophes
Workaholic || HOGwart | iloveyou. || SnowQueenEviee.

SPOILER!!: You Guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by grangerfan8 View Post

"It's my job," She said with a dismissive shrug, casting a small cooling charm on her coffee before taking another sip. Ahh. That was better. Shaking her head, Alani rocked in her seat a bit and studied the new face. "No, I don't drink tea, so I didn't think to bring any." Didn't care to was more like it, but she supposed, since it was her job and all, she would try to care next time.

Sigh.

New people were making her work harder.

"I can get some next time. What's your name?" He could have hers after.

Or he could have it now.

Howard, his first name or his last she wondered? Alani watched the interaction while enjoying her much-better-than-tea coffee, not repeating herself since she was sure he heard her response, but speaking up when she was spoken to. "I didn't get that great of a look, lots of smoke. I'd say it's pretty bad though, from what I heard in passing." She sipped her coffee again. Calm cool and collected, she wasn't worried about no explosions.

Speaking of labs exploding. "Oh, but Derek is back now so the rest should be coming back as well to let us know the damage." He looked as if he was taking this... as she expected him to.

Someone should get him a coffee. Iced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Hurrying in, Angela rushed in, a little out of breath. Of course, she didn't want to be late, especially in front of new boss and new peeps. No ways! Peering in, relieved to just see a few inside the conference room, she came in, with a manila folder tucked neatly in her arm.

Smiling at everyone in general, she went ahead and took a seat amidst the slow whispering conversations. It felt good to be back at work. Smiling, she directed her attention to the old peeps first, "Hey Natasha, Bradley.. Derek.." she almost whispered his name, seeing him sulking. The lab, as all knew was his baby and it was burnt. Which added to his usual smugness, seemed like a best idea not to talk to him right now.

"Any more news on the lab?" she asked, to everyone in general. It was a really unfortunate thing. And a suspicious one too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Making his way from the lab while pinching the bridge of his nose, Aron emerged through the doors to the conference room and immediately looked around for his personal assistant. "Alani," he said, a glimmer of relief spreading across his face. "Coffee. Black. No sugar." Now before his nerves were too shot to handle this meeting. "Please," he added, almost as an afterthought but a sincere one nonetheless.

Aron walked over to his seat at the head of the table, but did not sit down just yet. The thought was not too appealing to be entirely honest. He glanced at the clock and sighed. Great. First day as Department Head and not only had the lab had an explosion, but he was late starting his own meeting. Bloody rose brilliant.

"Alright. Let's get started," he said with a dismissive wave to his own thoughts. "I'm Aron Ashburry-Hawthorne, your new Department Head. I had hoped to discuss a few general logistics and get our new employees settled into their new positions, but it looks like we have a situation on our hands already." Welcome to Magical Accidents and Catastrophes. "You all heard it. There was an explosion in the lab this morning. The lab is currently closed off to allow the ventilation system to do its thing. I've already asked our PART Lab Technician, Derek Meriwether, to lead an investigation and sterilization team. I would like there to be three of you assisting him. Jade, you already volunteered, so I need two more." So...anyone?

Bradley could feel the atmosphere being very mellow, Merlin was it really sad and quiet! Not like a first day at all! This new department head he'd heard about better do a good job, looks like everyone might die before the days out with boredom. He'd try his best not too, he had a lot of work to deal with! The one case he'd been trying to finish for a while.

Brad listened to Alani's description of the lab, he was sorry to hear about it he knew how much Derek loved the place, and nodded his head but said nothing. It seemed fair to get all the details first hand from Derek rather than second hand from Alani. Not that he wasn't thankful for it. People were still streaming in while Alani was speaking and he heard his voice in greeting. Turning towards the door yet again he spotted Angela slipping into a seat, he gave her a smile and wave of his hand with the words, "Hey Angela, how have you been?" He didn't comment on the lab though, he'd leave that to Alani or Derek.

Then the new boss walked in, Bradley straightened in his chair and pulled his shoulders back. Best to look good on the first day, he was prepared to listen. Volunteer's? Hm, he didn't know weather of not he was going to or not, not that he didn't want to help of course but....

He stayed quiet.

For now.

___________________Look Who's Back.
Beware.