View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 12:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Minerva's eyes brightened as he talked about his mom helping her. She pet Elise half paying attention to the cat now. "Oh I will have to really thank you for that. I can't wait to get to work there. I really do hope it helps me figure things out." She was starting to push herself to think of the future, even if it scared her to death. She knew she had two terms left, but also knew two terms would go quickly. Smiling down at the cat, "Well she has a friend for life as well.." Scratching the cats ears, Minerva looked up to check on her puff. "I do hope they get along, I'm afraid she is going to be a little heart broken without Damon's puff next term."

She really did like that he was looking forward to their summer, because she really was. She just hoped all her planning would work out to him enjoying it and not hating the muggle world. She knew her friends at school had different reactions to muggle things, and she only truly had experience with her cousins hating it, so she hoped it would be an enjoyable time for him. "I do feel bad though, your first summer that your of age and can actually do magic outside of school and I'm making you not do it, but it's only for two weeks, then you can do as much as you want." She thought it will feel weird doing magic outside of school for the first time after being so use to not being allowed, but she had another year before she was allowed to even think of that. "So have you figured out what your doing the week away from me? " She knew she had a list of things she was going to be doing thanks to her grandfather, but all she really wanted to do was make the week go quickly.
Ethan smiled a bit as he leaned back. "Oh, I'm sure it was no problem.. she knows a few people that work there," he said with a shrug. "I do think it's something you might like.. but at the very least it'll give you an idea of what the job would be like and if it's something you'd want to pursue." Of course there was still time for that, but it was a chance to explore one of her options. He smiled a bit watching Min tend to Elise, glad that they got along and he glanced at the puff again. "Well, Elise seems to get along with most pets so I'm sure it'll be no problem once Fluffy gets used to being around her more."

Ethan looked at Minerva curiously as she spoke then he chuckled a bit. "Oh.. Min.. I've been allowed to do magic at home since I was eleven, so it's really no big deal." Only Apparating himself would be different once he got his license.. though now he would be able to perform outside his home as well. He gave her a smile as he looked at her carefully. "A lot of pureblood families allow their kids to do it at home.." At least ones he knew. "You know that Trace thing they have on us till we're Of Age? It can't really be detected around adult wizards, so it's not a big deal when I'm at home." And it wouldn't be a big deal at all now since he was 17. "Don't worry, I'll be ok for two weeks."

Then she brought up the week apart. He hadn't initially wanted it, but he realized that it probably was a good idea to branch out a bit so they both were forced to make time for other things. Ethan knew he would miss her but it was only for a week, so he would have some fun on his own then the rest of their summer would be even better. "Well, there are a few friends from my old school that I've owled.. we're going to hang out some. And I'm eager to get back to my piano," he said with a grin. "Other than that, I haven't thought much about.. what do you have planned?"

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line