View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 01:57 AM   #25 (permalink)
lazykitty

DMLE & DMAC
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kalie Carter-Hope Gellar
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Alfred Ludovic Devereaux
Accidents & Catastrophes
x7 x4
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Expecto PAWtronum 🐈 | U-NA-GI

Text Cut: Erik, Bjorn, Ivy and Nolan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Vinteren View Post
Erik had been here before, but not in some time. He nodded simply to Berg's question, not really in the mood to talk about home. "Quite." He liked it though, as much as he hated to admit it. It was aesthetic.

And speaking of aesthetics...Erik took the shiny thing from his manager with a puzzled expression before he realized what it was. "Nice touch," he said with a smirk, affixing it to his suit near the chest pocket. He ambled along just behind his manager, his eyes always busy taking in who else was present and who was not. He recognized many of these people from his research...and ah, there was one of his fellow candidates now.

Erik nudged Bjorn's arm and gestured for him to follow over toward a blonde woman.

"Roxanne," he greeted her with his hand out for a shake. It was politer than just sneaking up. "How are you doing?" He liked her suit. She really looked great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
With confidence in her stride, Ivy Knox walked into the Atrium for the first time, taking note of the large statue, while still aware of those around her. Particularly Erik and his manager, who apparently was also 'Norwegian'... Right.

As she walked further, she noticed Erik speaking to Roxanne who was wearing a rather interesting outfit that didn't seem quite appropriate to Ivy. Time to party crash...

"Good evening gentlemen, Roxanne," Ivy said, nodding to the men and then her fellow candidate, her hand resting on Erik's arm and a slightly twisted smile on her face. She turned to Ivy again. "I wish you the best of luck tonight. Break a leg." It was a figure of speech in most cases, but Ivy didn't really mind if it just so happened to come true.

Ivy then walked right between Erik and Roxanne and headed off for the buffet. Before she got too far, she turned her head back in Erik's direction and gave him a wink before disappearing through the crowd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn Berg View Post
Bjorn could tell Erik wasn't in much of a chatty mood. Not good. This is a rubbing elbows event if I've ever seen one. "You'll have to be a bit more clever than that tonight, my friend," he said, hoping Erik would catch on. It wasn't a criticism, just a professional reminder.

From Erik's gesture to the woman, Bjorn saw that he had indeed understood. The man was a natural, the perfect candidate for Bjorn's style. Also extending his hand to the woman, he said, "And I'm Bjorn Berg, his campaign manager." Noting her smart pant suit, he added, "And permit me to say that you look lovely this evening, madam, absolutely stunning." And that's how it's done, Vinteren. SCHMOOOOOOZE.

Then a new woman appeared from thin air, or so it seemed. Courtesy and schmoozing protocols required a greeting, so he said sleekly, "Good evening, madam. My my, the Brits sure do know how to clean up for a gala, yourself included." Cue winning smile.

But not long after, she made her somewhat discourteous exit. No matter, there were others on which his charm could be used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Nolan had been planning how he was going to react when he arrived at the Ministry celebration for quite a while now. Ever since his embarrassing humiliation at the last debate, he had to think of a way to redeem himself. He definitely had a few ideas...

As he walked in, he spotted Erik and Roxanne nearby. He smirked to himself when he thought about how he'd seen Erik at the post office shortly after the debate. He hadn't heard much than Erik asking the Head Girl to get him votes, but hadn't really thought of a way to use that against him. Also, knowing Erik, there was more to it than just bribing the girl into rallying support for him.

Still, approached the man with a friendly smile and waved happily at the two of them. "Hello Erik, Roxanne," he said, nodding at the two of them. He straightened his checkered red bowtie and looked around the room. "So, ready to mingle with the folks from the Ministry?" he asked, trying to make conversation.

Before she could get to the entrance, however, she was stopped by someone. Erik, her fellow candidate to be exact. Hoping a certain coworker was watching this and getting jealous (they were close enough to be seen after all, but were just out of earshot), she stuck out her own hand to shake his. "I'm doing well, just a bit tired. How about you?" He was rather impeccably dressed himself. But then again, he always was.

And then Ivy happened. Which drew a smirk from Roxanne as the other woman proceeded to act like....... "My my, someone seems to have their attitude switch to 'jealous teenager' this evening," she commented idly. And it seemed that Erik's companion for the evening had thought the same. "Roxanne Carter, Board of Governors candidate. Pleasure meeting you this afternoon, Mr. Berg," she returned with a pleasant smile, shaking his hand as well. "Thank you very much. You look rather dashing yourself."

Then her potential ally showed up. "Hello, Nolan," she replied with the same smile still on her face. "Well, some of them, anyway." She could do without Althea and her boss' sister-in-law of course, but that went without saying. She let out a little bit of a chuckle at that thought as she imagined a hole opening up in the middle of the place and swallowing them both. And speaking of pleasant thoughts, she her eyes, just her eyes mind, slide over to a certain group nearby, just to see if her coworker was watching this.

You are Salt!