Thread: The Spirit Room
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 04:21 AM   #79 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Default Kurumi, too.
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Text Cut: Bunz
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Only half-listening to the students, Anastasia had been about to pin the brooch to her jacket when her ears finally absorbed what they were trying to tell her.

"WHAT?" she exclaimed, dropping the brooch back on the floor and pricking her finger in the process. She brought the bleeding pinprick to her mouth and frowned, her large blue eyes moving from student to student as they spoke. "My brooch has GHOSTS in it now?!"

What was UP with the Other World always trying to ruin her life? Ughhhhhhh! She HATED ghosts!!!! And they knew that, too!! All these dumb ghosts --- Myrtle, Isfret?, Peeves, the Grey Lady--- WHATEVER! They probably deserved to be sucked away! If only she had a vacuum that could suck all the ghosts in the world up up and away.... if only.

But back to the weird, creepy takeover plot, as Sierra had said. "Why?" was all the Headmistress could say, complete with a delicate shrug of her shoulders. "I got the brooch in Egypt..." she momentarily avoided everyone's eyes and instead stared at the object in question, as though staring at it would unlock its secrets. "It looked expensive but was marked really low.... you could call it a real steal for the open-air market... it had some um runes on the back, but I didn't really pay attention to those....I don't know if they're still there or not."

She hadn't really noticed them when she'd picked it up again. Huh, imagine that. The redhead took a few cautious steps closer to the brooch, which Hollyberry was twirling for some reason. Weird girl. "Stop that," she flapped her hand at her. "You might be making the ghosts feel ill."

Snort. As if she cared what the ghosts felt like at the moment. "Tell me more about this Isfret, if you can," the redhead asked as she flicked her wand into her hand and pointed it at the brooch. She looked up and over at the Head Girl. "And what's with all the pets?"

Sierra hadn't realized she'd been holding in her breath as she watched the Headmistress begin to pin the brooch back to her jacket. She wasn't sure whether to just stand back and watch or lunge forward and knock the brooch off to the side.

...and she didn't exactly want to do either. She had a feeling she'd be in trouble if she just stood there and even more trouble if she tackled the Headmistress. Lucky for her, she didn't have to decide. As the brooch hit the floor, Sierra followed it with her eyes.

The others had already answered the questions that were asked, but Sierra had some input of her own. "...and I think we need to find out who Isfret is and what he might want," she said. "Surely he's got some kind of motive for doing...well, everything. He's convinced Myrtle she should jump ship and join him, so...he has to want her help for something."

So...how do they get Myrtle back? Or, better yet, how do they get Myrtle back without her destroying public property? "Maybe the runes on it say something?" she suggested. She looked at Kurumi, who asked to use a Polishing Charm. "Yeah, a Polishing Charm, and then maybe we can do a rune reading..."