Thread: Seating Area
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #71 (permalink)
DuckyLinJi
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Caiden Denholm
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year
Gryffindor
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberMoon View Post
Those cupcakes must be really good, she thought. Daichi seems to like them a whole lot, she joked to herself. She was sure she'd have frosting on her face too if she'd tried one. Maybe not as much, but some. He's a fifth year? She hadn't thought he was that much older than her, judging by how he talked and his love for his stuffed duck. Actually he acted younger than her. Not that it bothered her at all. She was a nice and accepting person. Her father often times would joke and tell her she was an old soul whenever she was worrying too much.

Then the boy asked to be her friend. Really? Me? Just like that? She was surprised by his excitement, but didn't see anything wrong with hurrying things along, she supposed. "Um, yeah. Yeah sure!" she said with a smile. "The more the merrier." Interesting. She was glad she kept meeting more people. She hoped it would help her miss home less and less as time went on. But why does he need friends? He's a fifth year. Did he do something bad and now they're not his friends anymore? She doubted it but it was still a valid question that she would take her time to answer through observation.

She wanted to know how on earth Daichi got sorted into Slytherin, but she wasn't sure if she should ask. Is that kind of like how you're not supposed to ask people why they went to prison? Not that Slytherin House was a prison, just that the things the sorting hat could say to you might be really personal things. Things you don't want to share with just any first year stranger you meet at a Christmas party. She knew if she asked him, the question was likely to come back to her as well - which she was fine with, so she decided to ask. He seemed pretty open and friendly, so it was a low risk situation. "Fifth year huh? That's cool." She shifted her eyes away from him for a moment and then back again as she prepped her question. "So, Daichi. Do you mind telling me how you got sorted into Slytherin?" There. She said it. Better clarify. "I mean, you seem friendly and, well, I guess I'd mark you as a Hufflepuff." She hoped he wouldn't take that the wrong way. "And I like Hufflepuffs. They're nice!" She shut her mouth and waited for him to answer. Good going, Eliza. Now he'll want to take back that abrupt friendship for sure.
Daichi's usual smile came back when the girl excepted his friendship. It wasn't like he had no friends, he was more of an out going person and wanted to befriend everyone he talked to. Simple right? Although the thoughts of his friends made him sigh. Jonathan had graduated last year and Evan in his first, both having been like big brothers to him. He had more of course than them but really only them and Kurumi had been like his big brothers and sister.

There was a silence in which Daichi ate his second cupcake until it was gone in his stomach. He gazed to the food table at the other side of the room near the Great Hall door. Should he grab another one? His father always said not to eat much before dinner, and he wondered if after this party was over , there would still be dinner for the people who weren't at Winter Wonderland.

But just as he stood up, Eliza spoke again and he quickly sat back down on his chair. The question made the fifth year blink a couple of times, he'd never had anyone asked him that. His chocolate brown eyes now looked to the ceiling as he recalled how his sorting had went five years ago. "I was a hatstall for about three minutes" he answered the young first year as he looked back down at her. "The sorting hat couldn't choose between Hufflepuff and Slytherin." He bit his lip as he tried to remember what the Sorting hat had said to him. "He said that i was loyal and friendly, but there was ambition and determination as well" he nodded to his own words.

"But i think the reason why i'm in Slytherin is probably because i asked the hat." His big brother had been in Slytherin and when Daichi had been younger he always wanted to be like him. He was like his role model. "I guess i'm persuasive as well" he laughed. "Oh and i have the tendencies to steal cute things....so if you have something thats cute and its gone, i'm sorry" O_o

And now, the girl had probably already thought the question was coming. "What about you? you always felt you belonged in Ravenclaw or did you wish you were in another house?"