Thread: The Kitchen
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #138 (permalink)
CruppieMom89
Formerly: Dances_With_Potter
Hufflepuff

DMAC
Jobberknoll

Default Edmund, Isaac, Headmistress... Posting even though it isn't my turn cuz I wanna play!

Text Cut: Headmistress
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Children. Children. There were too many children here, and not enough house elves. Anastasia was starting to feel smothered, and more panicky than ever. What had happened to those days when the entrance to the kitchens was a tightly-kept secret??!?

"Argyle! Beezley!" the redhead called out to them like a shipwreck survivor clinging to a piece of wreckage. "Thank Merlin you're here! I...I....I've...... I've lost something..." she swallowed an awkward lump in her throat, feeling close to tears, and took a step closer to the elves. Then the Headmistress bent down so that she was stooping at their eye level and speaking in a whisper.

"Can you help me find it, please? I thought... maybe Toddles had taken it, at first, then I thought....it was just lost... or a student borrowed it....but I don't know anymore." She fought back a sniffle and pointed to the lapel of her blazer. "I'm mmissing my brooch...my beautiful green brooch. Please help me find it."

She hadn't gone ANYWHERE without it ALL TERM. And now... NOW SHE FELT NAKED! And scared, for some inexplicable reason....

Sutton was smiling at the boys, waiting for an answer, when she heard someone else come into the kitchen and start talking to the house elves. Turning at the sound of the voice, Sutton saw the headmistress standing a little bit away from where she, Isaac, and Edmund sat talking and eating sandwiches. The headmistress seemed REALLY upset, saying something about her brooch missing. As she looked at the woman, Sutton saw that the green pin she'd been wearing all term (even when it clashed with her outfits) was gone. Though she hadn't seen the headmistress much, the fact that she'd been wearing it every time Sutton had seen her struck her as odd. Maybe it was a gift from someone she'd lost or something... that would be a good reason to wear it.

Deciding that maybe she could help, Sutton spoke up to address her. "Um... Headmistress Truebridge? Is there anything I can do to help? I mean... could I post a notice in our Common Room or something to tell people it's missing?" she asked, blinking up at the strong, confident woman who was suddenly looking so... dejected. Trying to think of any other ways she could help, another thought came to her mind. "Headmistress... why can't you just summon it?" she asked in a genuine tone of curiosity. Sutton had just started working on the summoning charm in her spare time, and she figured that perhaps she didn't understand how it worked completely.