Thread: The Kitchen
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 12:34 AM   #128 (permalink)
CruppieMom89
Formerly: Dances_With_Potter
Hufflepuff

DMAC
Jobberknoll

Text Cut: Tippin, Isaac, and Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ninja View Post
Lifting his eyebrows surprised, he glanced in Ed's direction. Seriously? Like an old married couple? He nearly snorted at the thought, because that would make sense if one of them was a girl, but neither was! Smirking instead he shrugged at Ed as if to say 'alrighty then'. Seeing his wince, made him self-consciously move his hand up to his shoulder once again. The healer had warned him about not over doing it til it had time to properly heal. Which meant a good 6-12 weeks! Which just wasn't gonna work, not with quidditch training and playing seeker! What was he supposed to do, just say oh well, no quidditch? BAH!

Seeing the girl's reaction to his mention of how the injury happened, Isaac mentally went oops. "Nah, not usually. I've been at Hogwarts fer three years now, and 'tis the first time I've seen something major actually happen." Yep, not a typical way to start a year at Hogwarts. Watching as she got up and headed for the house elf who was sticking cloths in his ears, he went and reached for another sandwich this time an egg salad one, mmm! Taking a sip of the tea, he was definitely feeling better after not having eaten.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippin View Post
Was he... all right?

Tippin cocked his head to the side, allowing his ears to flop about too. "Miss Gryffindor's concern is most kind. Tippin must wash his ears. Tippin is 'all right', miss."

"Tippin must wash evil thoughts from using soap inside his ears." If he pushed the cloths in far enough, he'd manage to reach the brain, he was sure of it.

The small house elf tried a smile at the Prefect studentsie, but then squeezed his eyes shut. Concentration was needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Text Cut: Sutton, Isaac and Tippin

A... what? He stared at her in surprise with his mouth half open. What was he supposed to say to that?! They'd not been friends for long, but apparently it seemed like they'd known each other all their lives. He glanced at Isaac and threw him a look of 'I don't know' with a hint of a shrug. He didn't know how female brains worked. Isaac's reflexive action had Ed smiling apologetically at him, he hadn't meant to remind him of the pain.

Sutton's reaction to the train being mentioned had him feeling lost. What did they do? Drop the subject like it hadn't happened or carry on talking about it to make her comfortable? He shrugged in response to her question, but looked to Isaac for some reassurance for Sutton's sake. He gave her a reassuring smile. "Don't worry. If anything happens this year, come and find us. We'll look after you." He'd totally just volunteered Isaac too, but he was sure he wouldn't mind.

Watching her approach to the elf, Ed paused to listen to his reaction, but frowned at the answer. "Uh, wash your ears? Did you hear something bad?" He was thinking that maybe someone had said something about the Headmistress that the elf had found unbearable to hear. They were loyal to their masters and mistresses, right?

Sutton let out a little laugh when Tippin called her a Gryffindor. "Oh, Tippin, I'm in Hufflepuff, actually! But I don't understand... washing your ears... with soap and stuff... I don't think that's really good for you, is it?" she asked with a concerned look. But then the Gryffindor Prefect was there with Tippin, too, and Sutton gathered that the older girl probably had a better understanding of how to deal with the house elf.

Getting back up from where she crouched on the floor, she walked back over to the two older boys, deciding to move on from the awkwardness she had obviously created with the comment about their bickering. Her bright green eyes flicked between the two of them as Ed said they'd look after her, and she beamed at the both of them, "Do you mean that? I mean... not that I get in loads of trouble or anything because I'm actually terrified of getting in trouble, but if something bad happened... you guys would... want to... make sure I was okay?" Yes... that sounded the least lame.

For some reason, Sutton felt inexplicably safe in the kitchen with the two boys. She was sure it was probably just about the safest she could ever remember feeling...