Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #48 (permalink)
MeredithRodneyMckay
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Betsy Marin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Anderson MacKenna
Magical Law Enforcement
x7 x6
Sanctuary Abnormal | HuffRavSlythDor | Guard Badger ♥ | Stargater | Awaiting Culling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droo View Post
"I don't concern myself with weather, but yes, I suppose if you had a picnic planned..." She said looking at the Trasfig professor.

"Helloooo down there!" Ian said waving.
Fair enough. Right, lovely. So maybe not in the mood to chat, going by the tone. Then again, Hecate quite often spoke that way. "Yes. Or travel," Issy replied, feeling the still slightly damp ends to her hair and shrugging.

----------------

Then a wave caught her eye, and Isabelle shifted her gaze from Hecate to one of the new people further down. "Hello!" she grinned back, waving a little herself. "I'm Isabelle Magnus, Transfiguration Professor. I hope you're enjoying the feast so far, Mr...." Oh, she had no clue what his name was. That was embarrassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

Annie stood and tapped her wand on her goblet, sending a clear ringing sound throughout the hall. She waited for absolute silence and, once she had it, began the traditional start-of-term feast.

"Greetings, students, professors, and visitors. Welcome to, or back to, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I am your new Headmistress, Anastasia Truebridge." The Headmistress flashed a brilliant smile at all the eyes focused on her.

"This year, as you have surely noticed, brings a great many changes to Hogwarts. We have new staff members in our midst, myself included; new students, and new student leaders as well. Please welcome your peers with open hearts and allow me to take a moment to welcome our esteemed guests back to Hogwarts."

She looked to the Board, who knew to stand when their names were called. "Joining us at the feast tonight is the Hogwarts Board of Governors. Board President and former Headmistress Cassandra Rae-Branxton; Board Vice President and former Professor Anjelica Lainey; Board Secretary and Senior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magica Ian Amoroso; and Board Treasurer and Three Broomsticks Owner Harold Lagerty. Please welcome these wonderful guests, who make the funding and running of Hogwarts a possibility, with a round of applause."

Anastasia waited for the students to greet the board appropriately and, in the meantime, snagged a drink of water.
Speech time.

Isabelle filled her goblet and took a few sips as she listened to what the new Headmistress had to say - making note of all the names mentioned, and leaning forward so she could see which face they should be attached to. Ian Amoroso. So that was who Issy had been greeting. Now she knew.

Once the speech was finished, she placed down her goblet and clapped loudly, looking down and smiling at them all just in case they were looking. Board of Governors. Brilliant.

Although Lainey was a strange one. O____o

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanialRadFAN01 View Post

Another familiar woman took a seat at the far end of the table from Elwood but that didn't stop her from sending a wave down to the Transfiguration professor. "Evening Isobelle!"
"Hello Callie! Good summer?" Isabelle practically had to mime the words and ended it with a thumbs up. The table had got an awful lot longer since last term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mell View Post
Sebastian gave a nod of his head towards the woman. "Thank you."
"You're very welcome." Isabelle raised her goblet to the man and smiled. So many new faces. So many important ones. She was dearly hoping every one would be on their best behaviour.

Looking back down at her plate, Issy swallowed her drink and went about filling that up with some potatoes. She was awfully hungry.