View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
pundantic

MO
Moke

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gideon Emerson
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ferris Karten

x4
Gryffindor Gryffindor Quidditch Captain
Who Am I? Ern's 2460FUN

Model: Jessica Stam
Graphics: sweetpinkpixie

----------

Basics

Name: Selina Skylar
House: Gryffindor
Blood: Mixed
Wand: 11 1/2 inches of Unyielding (Sturdy) Maple with a Griffin Claw Core
Appearance: Selina is a very beautiful girl in the most unconventional sense. Her medium length red hair has a slight curl to it on most days, but not a tamed red hair curl, which becomes most apparent when she stressed especially in Potions. Her height is not only a sensitive subject to her, but an important part of her Gryffindor Pride. She suffers from a serious case of a Napoleonic complex; she is five foot three inches on a good day. Because of her small stature she is always trying to look taller than she is with no success. Selina is also a hardcore Quidditch player and takes her job as Chaser and Captain quite seriously. She is in a constant state of training for the Pitch, which leads to her very skinny frame. Her small frame is a cause of concern for many of her friends, until they see her eat-- Selina can eat non stop for ages. But Selina's most striking feature is her piercing blue eyes.

----------

Personality

Personality: There is a reason why Selina is known to her house mates, and pretty much everyone she comes in contact with, as a fiery redhead. She is loud, opinionated and very blunt. When it comes to speaking her mind she has no inhibitions and it is her greatest attribute and greatest vice. But her opinionated mouth is dangerous because it is accompanied by her vicious temper. This temper cannot be quelled by any one individual. The only way to calm Selina is to allow her to breath and calm herself down. No one can out-argue Selina, although many have tried.

Underneath all of this heat and fire also is the calm and fierce friend that makes Selina a person. Despite her vicious temper, Selina is a great listener and is often the person her friends go to when they need advice; she knows what to say to make them feel better, it is something that even Selina cannot explain. She is a good friend and very funny or perhaps witty depending on the aim. Her easy going attitude is what is her usual frame of mind, the temper only comes provoked. Also the most amusing part of Selina is that she cannot lie... try her out, she'll stutter.

The most deep and personal part of Selina is that she is hurt very easily. She can be shattered by any few words which is why she acts the way she does with her pride and confident attitude. After a few traumatic incidents in her life she finds it better to hide her insecurities than bare them to the world. She is not that strong.

Skills: Selina is a dedicated and talented Quidditch player. There is nothing Selina loves more than getting up in the air and playing a nice good game of Quidditch. She'll play any position, but would always prefer to be a Chaser; it is her position of choice. Selina is also a very talented flute player and loves to sit down and play the flute with her friend Kurumi playing the piano. Although her most internal talent that she releases all of her pain into is her art. She loves to paint, draw, sketch. Anything she can get her hands on to create is a passion of hers.

Faults: Selina cannot sing. Actually when she sings it sounds like a cat is being drown and beaten at the same time. The odd thing is that she always sounds good in the beginning and then it falls apart... horribly. Selina also cannot do anything remotely related to Potions. By the end of the year Selina, without a doubt, has blown up another cauldron. For some reason she is utterly rubbish and Potions and always ends up harming people in class including herself. But her biggest fault is that she believes her gift, being a Seer, is something awful. She does not have any confidence in the fact that she sees the future, she believes it is a curse.

----------

History:

Father: Jake Skylar is a famous Quidditch Player for the Fowlmouth Falcons as their Captain and Head Chaser. For some odd reason Jake is super dedicated on the Pitch, but at home is a very goofy and down to earth guy. He is super compassionate and loving, but has a very rotten jealously streak when it comes to his wife.

Mother: Sophia Skylar works at the Ministry of Magic as the Magical Ambassador to Australia in the Department of International Cooperation. She is a very work centered woman and is super driven. Everything she does is about completing the task and making sure that things go off without a hitch. She, underneath, is a broken woman who is trying to add stability to her life.

History: Selina Arden Skylar was born on April 11, 2062 as a Mixed Blood Witch it's complicated to Jake and Sophia Skylar. Because she was born into a family where her father was a famous Quidditch player she was born into money and it also did not hurt that her father's family had a lot of old money. So from a young age everything that Selina wanted was catered to her. For a while this was a very good thing; her large house was filled with love and joy and comfort. It was further enhanced when Selina was two years old and Danielle Skylar, her little sister, was born. The two sisters only had a year together until the unspeakable occurred. Jake Skylar's sister Jennette was born a Seer and he had witnessed it hurt her life from his childhood. When Selina was born she showed signs of having the gift of sight and Jake and Sophie decided that they would suppress her abilities and have her hold them in. They hoped they would never resurface, but after three years of holding them in, Selina was three, she exploded and killed her baby sister in the process. Selina was suddenly put in a coma after her sister died from the sheer force of energy that she exalted. When she awoke Danielle was dead and even at a young age Selina knew it was her fault. From then on the big house became a prison as her father buried his grief in his work and her mother took a job in Australia to get away from the grief. The family to this day has not taken the time to grieve for the lost child. As she grew up she spent her lonely hours in the big house drawing and playing the flute and flying. It all became her escape and after the previous Seer moment that killed her sister the visions went away.

When Selina attended her first year of Hogwarts her mother returned home and got a job at the Ministry to be close to home and Selina started to see things turn around. At school she became the only first year on the Quidditch team and everything was good. Until she had her first vision.

Now, going into her sixth year, Selina often has visions and her ability is a secret except to a few. Her sister Danielle plagues her thoughts and of all of the horrible things, Selina still blames herself. However, she does have an escape in her friends and her favorite part of being a Hogwarts student- Gryffindor Quidditch Captain.

OOC. Hey everyone! My name is Taylor and I've been a part of Snitchseeker for just over a year now AND I have loved every minute of it. I'm from London (The West End if you were curious), but I am currently finishing up my last two years of study in The States. In the realm of SS, I am also a language mod, a yearbook scribe, fan club president of two clubs and an assistant shopkeeper with Pixie (your female prefect). Neither me or Selina bite, so if you have an questions, concerns or you just want to RP feel free to contact me via PM or VM. Also, feel free to try out for the team...