View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 12:04 AM

Default Potions Laboratory

The Potions Laboratory

Sixteen tables are set up with two stands and burners that adjust to fit your cauldron no matter what size it may be. This is where students can practice brewing any potions they may wish to brew. Along the walls are shelves with every piece of equipment a potioneer would want, flasks, funnels, phials, stirring rods, etc... A closet nearby was filled with many items that students may find useful, extra cauldrons, extra textbooks, extra dragon hide gloves, protective goggles and protective coverobes.

On the board at the front of the room is written in white chalk:

Rules:

• Clean up your own mess. I am your professor, not your mother.
  • Be safe. I don't want to have to explain why there is a stirrer lodged in your eye when we have plenty of protective goggles to go around. If you do not know what you are doing, stop and check your work. Please refrain from causing any explosions or fires. As I already said, I am not your mother, I will not clean up after you.
  • Be sure you succeed in your potion making. If you waste my ingredients I will charge your parents for them.
  • Do NOT, under any circumstance, test your potions on school mates... no matter which house they are from!
  • Do not bother me. I am a busy professor, I will come to you if I think you are experiencing problems.
ooc: THIS IS NOT A CLASS. This thread is just for roleplaying and having fun. It will remain open all term long. Please remember that even though Professor Lafay is not a very nice person, I am. Feel free to PM me with any questions and any problems that you may have. As my predecessor did, if your character is addressing the professor in this lab, please put PROFESSOR LAFAY in the subject line of your post. This will facilitate my response to you.