View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 04:03 AM   #40 (permalink)
Erindipity

DMT
Mountain Troll

x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by demented_death_eater View Post

"Now that is the million Galleon question," Rex grinned. "I believe it has something to do with the other half wanting to be adored by the public while spending my money, or the one who thought I could make her a Quidditch star." He laughed. "I guess I've done a poor job when it comes to selecting the right mate. Many women don't seem to understand the complexities of the job and how I might have to cancel dinner because I'm needed in Oslo for a meeting in the morning. You see, my job does require me to travel . . . a lot. And you know from working in the Ministry, sometimes we just can't escape work no matter how hard we try."
Tamara nodded as she listened, shoving a dainty forkful of salad in her mouth. Chewing slowly she nodded once more. "I wouldn't say you have done a poor job. Perhaps you just followed a different part of your anatomy than your brain. Your heart, maybe? It happens to us all at some point, Rex. Now the question is- Will you make better choices in the future?" She smiled at the man across from her and reached out to pat his hand.

"Well aside from the Ministry I am still hands on with the Wizarding Modeling Agency that I helped found and get off of the ground. I do indeed understand having to cancel plans at the last minute and how important work should be... The kids don't always understand, but it is easier to smooth things over with them than it is with a significant other," she said with a shrug. "Have you any children?"