View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 12:33 AM

Post New Evanna Lynch photo shoot, interview on Harry Potter & "Sinbad" with JustJared

Evanna Lynch, who portrayed Luna Lovegood in the latter four installments of the Harry Potter films series, participated in a photo shoot and interview for gossip blog JustJared in May, where she discussed her first and last days on the sets of the major franchise, and her upcoming television role in Sky's 12-part series Sinbad, which will air on Sky 1 and Sky 1 HD. Highlights from the interview, and a few photos from the shoot with Francis Bertrand can be found below.

How did shooting TV [in Sky's Sinbad] compare to your film experiences?
EL:
I was excited and nervous because it was the first thing I did since Harry Potter, so it was the first thing I kind of felt like, you know this is job. Harry Potter was my childhood and it felt very safe and this was something I was excited about. I wanted to work and meet new people. (You can still vote for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 as MTV’s Movie of the Year!)

Tell me about the day you got your Harry Potter role and then the last day on set.
EL:
It was when I was 14. I knew they were going to call me and tell me whether I got it or not. It was on a Monday and so I told my mom, “We need to go straight home after school.” I was checking my phone and nothing, nothing. Then she was like, ” We need to go pick up some groceries.” and I was like, “No, because you’ll take so long. I’ll get the groceries.” So I went into the store and I got the call!

And the day [I] left was obviously a sad day to see that chapter close. My last day was a group scene. I didn’t have any lines… I remember being there and being so happy to see everyone again. It wasn’t until the very end when I went to say goodbye to the producers and director David Yates that I just broke down, because that was when I first came to the studio for my first audition, that was where we went first. It was all very new and I ended up feeling so at home there.

Did you take anything from set?
EL:
I didn’t steal any props. I collected all the call sheets (laughs) and I took the sign from my door that said my name. I wasn’t very daring.

Are there any books that you’d love to see get adapted into a movie?
EL:
“The Hunger Games” is the big one for me recently. I don’t know, can I get back to you on that? I always liked that book, “Star Girl”. Have you heard of that one? She was very much like the character of Luna so that’s why I liked it. She was more damaged than Luna. I’m going to go look at my bookcase when I go home.