View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #73 (permalink)
TakemetotheBurrow

DERP & DMLE

Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7
Default :)
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

SPOILER!!: Derek
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujune29th View Post
WHYY, oh why did she do those things?? Derek's life would be much easier if he didn't notice those little things, like the fact that she was shifting from one foot to the other. She was probably getting impatient... great, now he would be all stranded there again, pointlessly waiting for whoever was to show him around.

That Schirmer lady should help him out, no? Well, at least he had another option if this Ashley person decided to walk away. She could choose between helping him or not, his boss couldn't.

Or could she?

Oh man. That was bad.

Squad? Oh! "That's... the Squad I'll be working in! The Accidental Magic Reversal Squad. In the Potion Accident Response team." Ohhh, that was simpler! So she knew where he should go then! Good. That actually made him forget all about the mind reading thing. He was even feeling a bit more relieved now.

Should he talk with their Deparment Head first? Or it would be alright if he just got to work? "Do you think she would mind if I just went straight to work?" That meant one less person to talk to. And since he already kind of knew this Ashley, it would be a bit easier less difficult.

"Oh, I'm not nervous." Uhh... okay, he was, but he knew that as soon as he went to do what he was supposed to do, he would be just fine.

Ashley had had a feeling Derek would be working on the same squad so when he finally seemed to realize as much, it didn't come as a surprise. She gave him a small smile before speaking. "Good, then I'm happy to tell you that you're no longer lost." He was in the right place and Ashley could help him find his desk now, too. "Looks like we'll be working together then, yeah? Happy to have you. What with your love of potions magazines and all..." She added, smirking slightly. Heh. She wouldn't let him forget that bookstore episode. The image of him scurrying away from her still made her smile when she thought about it.

And then he was asking to get right to work. Impressed, Ashley shook her head. Why in the name of Merlin would the Department Head not want a new employee to get straight to work? And then-

O_O

How long had she been standing there, anyway?

SPOILER!!: Schirmer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post

She'd just finished an impromptu guided tour of level four with Rafael, and now Althea was returning to level three since she had work to do, and employees to check up on, and a little something up her sleeve for some interdepartmental skill development.

She smiled pleasantly overhearing two of her employees talking.

"I wouldn't mind at all. Straight to work is just fine by me." She commented, hearing that last part. Thea would have continued talking but... well.

She noticed a certain former colleague sitting right there. For some reason. Of course her demeanour changed immediately. Icy. Frosty. Whatever you wanted to call it, she directed it at Edvard.

"Can I help you?" She asked coolly, narrowing her eyes.

Ashley was kind of caught off guard, this being her first experience with the new Department Head and all. She hadn't heard her behind them and she wondered if this woman was some kind of ninja or something. Would she be doing that in the offices too? Ashley would have to make sure she was always on her A game just in case. She gave the woman a smile and then glanced from Derek back to her, wondering what he was going to say. But then-

O_o

Ashley had noticed the change in tone and the eye narrowing. Merlin's pants. Whatever that guy had done to her, Ashley was just glad she wasn't in his shoes at this moment.

She turned to Derek and motioned for him to come with her. "I think it's best we go check out the office, don't you?" Quick man, lets get out of the line of fire.