View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 03:51 AM   #71 (permalink)
Hey Ju

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Default I laughed when she started to get nervous because of him xD and he wouldn't faaaint!
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
Ashley stood shifting awkwardly from one foot to the other as Derek seemed to think...well over think the interaction that was currently happening between them. Merlin's beard, was she that scary? And his nervous twitching was making her feel nervous all of the sudden. WHY. What was this twitching? She had worked here for a while now and had NO reason to be nervous. Seriously, this man was an odd ball and he was slowly rubbing off on Ashley and he'd only just arrived. Not good. When he finally decided to speak, Ashley looked at him, puzzled. "When you got the job, did they tell you what squad you would be working with? For example, my job requires that I work with the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad...which is how I know where I belong in the work area." And surely he had gotten some sort of information with who he'd be working with, yeah? As for the department head. "I'm sure she would be happy to show you around. I'm just telling you what I've heard. If you'd like to go knock on her door I'd be happy to go with you. I was headed to grab a coffee in the break room anyway. If not, I can show you around the work area and we can figure it out from there." She wasn't about to leave him sitting here awkwardly by himself. He'd probably get all nervous and faint or something..."And don't look so nervous. From what I saw in the bookstore, you seem to really be into potions. I'm sure you're going to do great here."
WHYY, oh why did she do those things?? Derek's life would be much easier if he didn't notice those little things, like the fact that she was shifting from one foot to the other. She was probably getting impatient... great, now he would be all stranded there again, pointlessly waiting for whoever was to show him around.

That Schirmer lady should help him out, no? Well, at least he had another option if this Ashley person decided to walk away. She could choose between helping him or not, his boss couldn't.

Or could she?

Oh man. That was bad.

Squad? Oh! "That's... the Squad I'll be working in! The Accidental Magic Reversal Squad. In the Potion Accident Response team." Ohhh, that was simpler! So she knew where he should go then! Good. That actually made him forget all about the mind reading thing. He was even feeling a bit more relieved now.

Should he talk with their Deparment Head first? Or it would be alright if he just got to work? "Do you think she would mind if I just went straight to work?" That meant one less person to talk to. And since he already kind of knew this Ashley, it would be a bit easier less difficult.

"Oh, I'm not nervous." Uhh... okay, he was, but he knew that as soon as he went to do what he was supposed to do, he would be just fine.