View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #153 (permalink)
XenoLongbottom
Ravenclaw
Jarvey

Ministry RPG Name:
Tabitha Mason
International Cooperation

Hey! Hope you all enjoy!

Chapter 23

Charlie, Tonks, and Jen all sat wide-eyed as I retold my story of what happened in the Forest as we sat in our little corner of the library.

“So, that’s all there is to it?” Charlie said, aghast. “We just have to say a couple of magic words and we’re in? It sounds so easy!”

“I know,” I replied. “Too easy.” I had had my suspicions about this plan, but I was sure it was the only way to get the job done.

“But, what do the words mean?” Tonks asked with great curiosity.

“Well, that’s what I spent my entire night attempting to figure out,” I told them. “After the events, I couldn’t wait. I just had to know.”

They stared at me. I immediately began to feel uncomfortable.

“Well?” Charlie inquired.

“Well what?” I replied back, not knowing what to do.

“What’s the translation?”

“Oh, right! Sorry, it’s just that I’m so tired…” my voice trailed off as I ruffled threw the many books and parchments in my school bag. In between my Charms essay and my definitions for Potions, I found the translation. “Here it is,” I said. I then cleared my throat and began to read;

Hail
Ever is thy sight a joy
Bless your waters
Take me by the sea and stars
To the Gray Havens
Take I, blank, West
Hurry, Hurry
I am a foe of your foes
A friend of your friends
Take me on the long journey
Bless you and thank you”

I finished the chant with a silence to follow. Once again, it seems that whenever I finish a Middle Earth poem, Charlie is the next one to speak. “First of all, do any of your poems rhyme? And second of all, why does it have to be so long? And last of all, why’d you randomly say blank in the middle of the poem? What does that mean?”

I took a deep breath. So many questions, so little time. “Okay, Charlie; first of all, it’s an ancient poem of Middle Earth. Don’t make fun! Second of all, I don’t know why it’s so long. It’s like asking why the sky is blue. And for that final question, the blank you have to put in your species. So he said quessir, the word for elf. You would say Numen, the word for wizard, and I’d have to say manwё-Numen or Hobbit-wizard. Do you understand.”

They all nodded their heads, and I finally said, “The problem is, who’s going to go through the portal and take the Ring to Galadriel?”

They all stared at me, transfixed. Did any of them know? I then turned to Jen. She hadn’t talked the entire time, and at the moment she wasn’t even looking at me. “Jen?” I looked at her, disturbed.

She looked down at me from her chair. Even while she was sitting she was taller than me. “Nothing Bandy, nothing.”

Not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable, but wanting to know more, I made a note of her odd behavior and stuck it in the back of my head, knowing I’d have to bring it up later.

I turned away from them all at that moment, realizing there was no point to continue and muttered as I walked away with my schoolbag in tow, “We’ll talk about this later.”