View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 05:02 AM   #18 (permalink)
Erindipity

DMT
Mountain Troll

x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazenhani View Post
Sabel not only wanted to squeeze between the bars of the lift, but he wouldn't have particularly minding slipping down the cracks between the lift floor and the corridor floor. A cookie? Did she think he was twelve?

Hesitantly, he took the cookie. Best not to poke the flaming dragon. She did seem like a dragon, albeit tame at the moment. "Twenty, ma'am." He shifted his weight a little, his back straightening more at the feeling of somehow being weighed. "I'm in my last year with the YATI training initiative."

Although they were all worded kindly, the last question had him wincing internally a little. It was one of those 'what if' questions he loathed. "It's complicated, but my priorities were with staying in Britain." She didn't need to know more than that.
Tamara smiled sweetly at the boy as he took the cookie. Dear goodness... she felt like an old pervert sizing the boy up and giving him cookies. Kicking herself mentally she stuck the bag of cookies back in her handbag and nodded her head.

"You have wonderful manners. Could you teach my son some? He is about your age. Well he's a few years older than you are. Twenty. That's a good age. Lots of time ahead of you to have adventures and whatnot," she said with a chuckle. Too bad twenty was too young for her. He was VERY handsome. "Well you look as though you will make a fantastic Auror... aside from telling random strangers personal information about yourself. Tsk, tsk." He got a finger waggle at that. She winked at him, though.

"Twenty is the time for fun, not priorities." Just her two cents worth. She gave him another once over, her eyes sweeping over him. REALLY too bad he was too young.