View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 08:49 PM

Post David Heyman talks new Harry Potter theme parks, Leavesden Tour, definitive DVD sets

SnitchSeeker also spoke to Harry Potter films producer David Heyman on the red carpet event at the Wizarding World theme park this weekend as part of Deathly Hallows: Part 2 promotion, where he updated on the status of the Harry Potter Leavesden Tour, including what will sets will and will not be featured as part of the experience. Heyman also admitted that there are early talks for an expansion of the Harry Potter theme parks - something the Universal Studios President confirmed would happen, and his involvement in that; the producer of the films also commented on the Harry Potter definitive collection of DVDs and Blu-rays set to be released in 2012, which will have much more in-depth behind-the-scenes footage than the Ultimate Editions and regular DVD/BD sets had. That can be seen and read below.

SnitchSeeker: What’s the update on the Warner Bros Studio Tour?
David Heyman:
I think it’ll be open in March. They’re building it as we speak. It’ll be I think great. I was there last month. Things are going up – the Great Hall, plenty of other sets – and it’ll give people a real window into the filmmaking process to be able to walk on to the sets, see the sets, props. They’ll understand a little more about creature effects, special effects, visual effects. I think it’s a fantastic experience.

SnitchSeeker: Will there be some sets that for some reason you won’t be able to put in?
Heyman:
The Great Hall’s there, but were not putting in all the sets. There were – I can’t remember how many in all – 90 or something? More than that. In fact, way more than that. Probably close to 200 sets. There’s not room to put all 200.

SnitchSeeker: Universal Studios’ president said that there will be more theme parks. Do you know about this?
Heyman:
It’s early days, let’s see. This one I think is such a great achievement, and what I love is the fact that they’ve really captured the spirit of the films. We were never able to have all of Hogsmeade on all the films, but we’re able to have them here.

SnitchSeeker: Are there ideas to expand this park?
Heyman:
We’ll see. We’ll see. It’s early days. At the moment I think this is doing so well. Normally the life of these things … I think you begin to dip in a year. This is 18 months and going strong. No, at the moment they’re just getting this to work as well as it can, and I think they’re doing pretty well.

SnitchSeeker: Can you tell me about the definitive collection coming out next year?
Heyman:
Not yet. We’re working on that. It’s still early days, but we had people on set filming the entire time so there’s been more behind-the-scenes footage. I know there’s quite a bit of added content still to come. There’s a documentary we’re making, which was made by this guy Morgan Matthews which I think is great, which is a more personal view of the films – not just about the stars although it’s got them – it’s about the special effects and some of the crew. It’s a tender view of the last film. And there’s other little jewels.

SnitchSeeker: How’s it different from the Ultimate Editions?
Heyman:
We’ll see (laughs).

SnitchSeeker: Will this [the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 DVD launch] be the last big event for Harry Potter films?
Heyman:
Until the 10th reunion or when I haven’t made another film in 20 years time and go to a fan event (laughs).

SnitchSeeker: How’s it feel, though, for now?
Heyman:
It’s mixed feelings. It’s a little sad because over the 10 years a lot of these people because like family to me. Work with Harry Potter has been just the greatest adventure. In a way it’s over, but the theme park lives on. So that’s sad. But at the same time, really excited about new challenges new films new projects, new opportunities.

Copyright 2011 SnitchSeeker.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be rewritten or redistributed without proper accreditation.

Order the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 DVD and Blu-ray sets, out today in the U.S. and December 2 in the UK, at the Amazon links below, or through the official Warner Bros Shop.

Amazon.com (US) - Deathly Hallows 1-disc DVD | Deathly Hallows 1-disc Blu-ray | Deathly Hallows 3-disc Blu-ray triple play | The Complete 8-Film Collection DVD | The Complete 8-Film Collection Blu-ray

Amazon.co.uk (UK) - Deathly Hallows 1-disc DVD | Deathly Hallows 3-disc 3D Blu-ray | Deathly Hallows 3-disc Blu-ray triple play | Deathly Hallows 2-disc DVD | The Complete 8-Film Collection DVD | The Complete 8-Film Collection Blu-ray | The Complete 8-Film Collection BD limited edition