View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 03:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Tazenhani
Special Services to the School

DMLE & DoM
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amur Neverwinter
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rhydian "Wolf" Blackhold

Ministry RPG Name:
Coby Greer
~ Rise and Rise Again, Until Lambs become Lions ~

SPOILER!!: Jax the Axe XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro MacMhuirich View Post

Jaxton watched the younger man as he seemed to have to reel in his emotions. Silently, he wondered what he had said to him that made him act in such a way. Not that it mattered, he was being honest with the young Auror... just like Damien always was. Yup. He raised an eyebrow as Sabel told him that they were the greatest concern. "That they are," he agreed softly. "But it is when you are distracted that the others can attack." Oh yes, Sabel wasn't nearly cautious and paranoid enough yet... no doubt something that Damien would try to help him with before he left for good. Smirrrk.

"Oh, stop complaining." Jaxton muttered rolling his eyes, although this time he offered an explanation - something that didn't happen often with the tall American. "I had a Mentor until I was a lot older than you - they are not there like your parents were when you were a baby. They are there like your Professors were at school, to help guide you to your best work and to help ensure you aren't hurt in the process." Or... at least that was how Damien viewed being a Mentor. He wasn't 1000% sure on how Damien was going about it - but he was pretty sure he wouldn't want Sabel dead. Pure and simple really.

"And sometimes, an ego can get in the way of realizing that you are simply asking for trouble." As far as Jaxton was concerned, the three YATI's were darned lucky to have gotten out of that conversation as easily as they did. "On the contrary, I believe that is exactly what they would do. It's true that morphing into Emily or Damien would have gotten them closer to you, as they are closer to you in general..." He paused, as if looking for the right words to describe just how much effort and energy they WOULD put in. "Yet that is not always the best place to put yourself if you are undercover. After all, it is often hard to know every intimate detail that has passed between a pair, and these finer details are the things that would trip them up, and alert you that they aren't who they should be. Whereas with a familiar face, who happens to be - more stranger than aquintance, it would be less likely to be strange if they spoke out of turn." He paused again and looked at Sabel. "Remember that they are in this for the long-haul. Brewing a batch of polyjuice potion is one month out of forever... its nothing."

He took a step to the side so that he wasn't in Sabel's way anymore and then looked at him. "All I wanted to tell you was to be more on gaurd - no-one is safe right now." He didn't move away straight away, rather he gave Sabel a minute or so to reply. He wasn't completely horrible after all.

Sabel watched the other man from the corner of his eyes; considered him quietly as he spoke. For a long moment, even after the man had stepped to the side to allow him to pass, he simply watched him.

Then, slowly, a breath left him and the file lowered to his side. He supposed he had a very good point about the disguises and manipulation. The man wasn't stupid. Maybe a little dramatic, but not stupid. There were kudo points for that. "How would you suggest I put any trust in you then?"

_______________________________________You've never seen it look so easy.