View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 04:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Stormdancer

DMC & DMAC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bennett Potter
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Ward
Ravenclaw
First Year
Default Sabel <3
Toto * RotiSila * ToRo * Braveheart * Grandma & Mama Tori

SPOILER!!: Sabel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazenhani View Post
When the man stepped in front of him, Sabel froze, his entire body going rigid. He didn't need to look up to know he was blocked, or that the man was dangerously close to being in his personal space. That got his attention, and drew his eyes away from the papers.

It took a moment to place the man as Damien's returned friend, and only then did the frown slowly work it's way off his expression; but only slightly. "More people?" He didn't see it. "If you're referring to the Dark Wizards, I'm sure they would find it highly amusing to hear such a comment in passing. Hell, they're probably grinning in glee watching the ministry tearing itself apart from within."

Yes, it was a peeve of his, but given the man did have a point and Sabel wasn't wanting to go mouthing off one of Damien's friends so early, he did keep his voice low and with an air of caution. "Diagon was happenstance: I saw Emily and she looked like she was in trouble, so I went to her." Period. "I've met both Rafael and Wrekin before, and neither are the type to drop a joke on a dime." Borr on the other hand.....

Letting out a sigh, Sabel lowered the file to his side and nodded a little. "I understand."

Ah. Now, see – that got his attention. Even though he was a step under Sabel, he was still slightly taller – a large hunky hulk of American in the Canadian’s direct path. Oh yeah, that was slightly intimidating but that had been the point of doing it... The man hadn’t been paying attention and he didn’t care what anyone said; that wasn’t the way to go about your training... no matter how young you were. Bad habits died hard once they were set in stone.

Jaxton couldn’t help it. Seriously he couldn’t. He rolled his eyes at the younger man. “Not everything is black and white.” Again, his voice was hushed but considering how close they were standing to each other, he was almost 100% positive that Sabel could hear him perfectly well. “There are others who would wish to draw a target on your back. It is not simply them and those-“ the Cult and the Dark Wizards, “-who have it in for us.”

The Auror paused, and seemed to think something over for a minute. “Damien would not be happy if I let anything happen to you while he was recuperating.” Yes, that was the word he was using to describe why the Head Auror wasn’t here – and he wasn’t going to change that. “I do not care if Emily led the attack or not, you she shouldn’t have done it...” He would have gone on, into a long rant about thinking about the consequences of their actions – but that rant had already been heard (more than once, he assumed) – so he didn’t need to hear it again.

“Just be more aware of your surroundings. Friends and Enemies come in all shapes, sizes and forms. Besides – I might have been a polyjuice me. Would you have been able to tell the difference without waiting for the hour to be up?” Jax asked him suddenly, intriqued as to what the Brits had been taught in their training. Poor Sabel.