View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 01:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default *smacks head* ah yes...my rereading skills fail epicly xD
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithRodneyMckay View Post
She should have known she'd get a question like that. Of course it didn't mean she was going to answer it. Having wiped her hands, Issy tapped the side of her nose. "You'll find out soon," was all she said.

Walking back to her seat, having invited the next person in, Isabelle rested her hand on Kurumi's shoulder momentarily as she passed her. "I hope you don't mind. I don't like leaving people outside for too long." Settling herself down she gave the Gryffindor a smile and waited for the question she'd come to ask, giving a quick glance to the door every so often to see the girl from the corridor enter.

"Ahh yes, the Covadis spell, you mean? Yes I remember," Issy replied, folding her hands across her lap and smiling. Ovens? Well that was...an odd request. Surely she could just use the ones in the kitchens? But back to the first questions. "Well, the energy used to work an oven comes from the electricity put through it - or fire lit under it, depending on where you are. It's not technically within the oven itself. You could produce a very basic, old fashioned oven, and have it work. The sort of energy it uses is not a life form in the way a person has a life energy."

Issy was just about to ask why, when she got the answer. The house elves had shut the kitchens? But that - that never happened. She frowned slightly as she watched Kurumi fidget in her seat, unfolding her hands and straightening herself up as well. "I haven't been down there yet, but I must admit, they seemed a bit....well, not themselves during the feast last night. Whatever it is, I'm sure they'll sort it soon. In the meantime, you are more than welcome to use the practice room to try and produce an oven."
Kurumi's cheeks flushed. Oops. She had wanted to sound intelligent and instead looked ridiculous mixing up the spell to transfigure things into a compass and Covadis. They both started with a C and sounded similar, right? At least she had made the mistake now instead of on hew OWLs next term, right? That could have been a real disaster.

"So, using...Corvadis," she took the extra effort to make sure she repeated the spell. "I could create an oven? I would need a rather large object to transfigure for that, right?" No empty chocolate frog box would do for this task. Then, there was also the issue of where she could put the oven and the fire. The first place that came to mind, one where there were always burners available, was the one place in Hogwarts that she really did not want to visit in her free time.

However, her question was soon answered by Professor Magnus and her eyes lit up. "REALLY?!" she chirped, clapping her hands together. That also mean that she could bake in there, right? She had to test the oven to make sure that it worked after all. But then her attention was brought back to the house elves and her smile faded slightly. "It just seems odd that creatures with such extraordinary magical abilities would have so much trouble..."

She fidgeted in her seat a bit, glancing over her shoulder to see if the other student had come in yet.

"Actually, professor, I would like to discuss another matter with you, but I think a later date would be best...it is...kind of personal..."

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes