View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #67 (permalink)
Wonderstruck
Gryffindor

SS Featured Writer
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jeremy Bradford
Fifth Year
"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."

SPOILER!!: Louisa =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Soul View Post

Harvard? Louisa chuckled at the idea of going to that college after Hogwarts- it was kind of a weird idea to her. Totally impractical, too. "That'd be.. weird. You can work at the ministry, though. Marina works there in some department that cares for Environment. She's saying that it's really great working there with the freedom to use your magic and hangout with other wizards and all. I think I will definitely apply for a job there once I graduate," where else would she get her magic appreciated?

Aaaand to her dad. Louisa nodded quickly, "I did. Well, not that much. When I was a first year I read in the schoolbook at Hogwarts about him. When he was at Hogwarts I mean. I only knew his full name but now I know that he was a Slytherin. I read his OWLs and NEWTs results, not as bright as I wanted but he's real!" She chuckled, almost to herself than to Adam. "There was no contact number or address… I don't even think they keep that. I tried to send him an owl but the creature never returned to me," She shrugged, "I gave up." And there was this nagging feeling inside that did not want to meet the father. What if he was terrible? Evil? A drunk? She wanted this bright image of him to stay undamaged for as long as possible.

"But you're staying at Hogwarts for the whole term, right?" She asked. He could tryout if he was staying for the whole term. "And no. I don't play Quidditch. I rarely attend the games, actually." She rolled her eyes at the stupidity of the game, "And when I do, so I don't stat all alone in the common room, I bring a book or fall asleep half the way through," She chuckled shamelessly. "But I knew that most boys love it." After a minute's pause she carried on, "Actually, it was flying that kept me away from it. I don't have a good balance on brooms. I don't seem to know how to fly upward without rolling over and on the ground." Louisa half-smiled, "My friend, Vashti, is a beater at our house's team and she helped me- well, tried to help me but it didn't go well," She had to continue practicing though. Dallin said he preferred brooms than sock-sliding and she did learn how to swim for him so why not how to fly on a broom? Maybe Professor Vee wouldn't be so disappointed with her, then?

When Adam came back with the food, Louisa almost stood up and cheered. She thanked him and sank a hand into her pocket, "Umm.. how much for mine?" It wasn't polite to let him pay for her food. Her mom wouldn't agree on this. Not that she obeyed her mom all the time but these matters usually were unbreakable.

[b]"Ultimately I would like to work to the Ministry once I graduate from Hogwarts...probably in the Auror Department. I imagine it'll just be difficult to try and explain to his parents why it was that he wasn't going to attend college at all. Of course, this fact wasn't to be mistaken as a sign of them carrying, but more as a potential dent in their reputation. After all they were the kind of people that would have a son that went to Harvard, and anything else was simply unacceptable. "Do you have a particular department in the Ministry that you'd like to work in?"

Adam listened as Louisa explained more about the situation with her dad, munching on his burger and taking sips of his soda as she did so. He was definitely starting to feel more energetic now that some food was getting in his stomach. "Well I'm sorry the whole letter thing didn't work out," Adam said with a little frown. "Perhaps this is heartless to say, but an advantage to never having met the man is that you can make him be whatever you want him to be, you know? Like a traveling wizard finding out information about magic's history or something like that," Adam suggested, waving his hand through out slightly to imply the grandness of the possibilities. "I don't know...that's at least how I'd try to look at it to make it seem a little less...depressing."

So Louisa wasn't a fan of Quidditch, huh? "I have to say I am more a fan of playing it than watching it. Depending on the quality of the game and the players in it, the games can either be really exciting to watch or really boring." Not to say that Adam was an exceptional player or that his games were worth watching, but he didn't think that was true in either case. Adam just tried his hardest and hoped for the best. "Sometimes it's more fun just being apart of a team and having other people striving and wanting to accomplish the same thing that you are." Adam couldn't stop himself from chuckling slightly as Louisa explained her woes of flying. "I was pretty bad at flying myself when I first started," Adam said with a chuckle. "For me it was the whole getting over the height thing that was the problem. I am really am petrified of them," Adam said, his hands starting to get clammy at the thought of it. Luckily during the actual games
Adam could focus more on the bludgers and keeping them away from his teammates and not the fact that the people in the stands were practically little dots.

When Louisa asked him how much she owed him he gave a nonchalant wave of the hands. "Don't worry about it. It's my treat," he said with a little smile. It was Louisa's idea to come and hang out after all, so the least he could do was get their food.

If you're gonna be the death of me, that's how I wanna go