View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 08:41 PM   #66 (permalink)
Magical Soul
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Dalliesa | Ab-Bot | Hogwarts Trojan War |

Text Cut: Adam! ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeAllie18 View Post
Adam looked at Louisa for a couple of moments before giving a little shrug of the shoulders. "I don't have any other family then an Aunt back in the States that is just as bad as my parents, so it will either be staying with them or moving out." Adam was also somewhat worried about being able to keep the whole thing a secret once he was done with schooling and out in the real world. In the muggle world Adam's parents would be expecting him to apply to schools such as Harvard and Yale, but for Adam he would be done with all his schooling and would be applying for a job at the Ministry or some other place of employment. "I'm not entirely sure what the law is as to how old you must be to live on your own, but I can tell you that I won't be able to hide my gift," Adam said, not sure of the right word to use, "once I am done at Hogwarts. My parents will want me to apply to college and I doubt that Harvard would take Hogwarts as an acceptable school on my resume."

While Adam kept these kinds of things in mind, he did try to keep them a little bit in the back of his mind because these kinds of predicaments were quite frightening to him. Not to mention they weren't really the kinds of issues that a fifteen year old should be worrying about. Adam listened as Louisa talked about her father, and a little smile played across his lips. He knew exactly who his father was, but for Louisa she could picture her father exactly how she wanted him to be. Having that luxury was something Adam sometimes wished that he had. "Have you tried to find your dad at all? I imagine doing that might be slightly difficult if your mom isn't really open to the idea."

Adam wasn't sure why Louisa felt that she needed to apologize for expressing her feelings and thoughts about her family. "Don't apologize, and don't worry, you're not killing the carnival food. And, if I'm seeing correctly, I think the person running the food set out some food along the side, so I'll go grab us a bite." Adam excused himself, walking over to the stand and grabbing a cheeseburger for himself and a hamburger for Louisa along with two cokes since he didn't see Butter Beer. He pulled the money he needed out of his pocket and set it on the counter, giving a little nod of thanks to the woman. Adam headed back to their seats and set the food down in front of him. Thank heavens he was finally getting something to put in his stomach!!

Adam took a bite of his cheeseburger before responding to Louisa's question about Quidditch. "I did play Quidditch for a little at the first wizarding school that I went to. I was a beater, but then we started moving around so much, and I felt bad having to leave the team half way through the season." Adam took a swig of his coke before continuing. "I don't know if I'll try out for the Quidditch team at Hogwarts or not. Do you play Quidditch?" he asked.

Harvard? Louisa chuckled at the idea of going to that college after Hogwarts- it was kind of a weird idea to her. Totally impractical, too. "That'd be.. weird. You can work at the ministry, though. Marina works there in some department that cares for Environment. She's saying that it's really great working there with the freedom to use your magic and hangout with other wizards and all. I think I will definitely apply for a job there once I graduate," where else would she get her magic appreciated?

Aaaand to her dad. Louisa nodded quickly, "I did. Well, not that much. When I was a first year I read in the schoolbook at Hogwarts about him. When he was at Hogwarts I mean. I only knew his full name but now I know that he was a Slytherin. I read his OWLs and NEWTs results, not as bright as I wanted but he's real!" She chuckled, almost to herself than to Adam. "There was no contact number or address… I don't even think they keep that. I tried to send him an owl but the creature never returned to me," She shrugged, "I gave up." And there was this nagging feeling inside that did not want to meet the father. What if he was terrible? Evil? A drunk? She wanted this bright image of him to stay undamaged for as long as possible.

"But you're staying at Hogwarts for the whole term, right?" She asked. He could tryout if he was staying for the whole term. "And no. I don't play Quidditch. I rarely attend the games, actually." She rolled her eyes at the stupidity of the game, "And when I do, so I don't stat all alone in the common room, I bring a book or fall asleep half the way through," She chuckled shamelessly. "But I knew that most boys love it." After a minute's pause she carried on, "Actually, it was flying that kept me away from it. I don't have a good balance on brooms. I don't seem to know how to fly upward without rolling over and on the ground." Louisa half-smiled, "My friend, Vashti, is a beater at our house's team and she helped me- well, tried to help me but it didn't go well," She had to continue practicing though. Dallin said he preferred brooms than sock-sliding and she did learn how to swim for him so why not how to fly on a broom? Maybe Professor Vee wouldn't be so disappointed with her, then?

When Adam came back with the food, Louisa almost stood up and cheered. She thanked him and sank a hand into her pocket, "Umm.. how much for mine?" It wasn't polite to let him pay for her food. Her mom wouldn't agree on this. Not that she obeyed her mom all the time but these matters usually were unbreakable.