View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 04:16 AM   #24 (permalink)
PatInTheHat

DMAC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maximiliano Delgado
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Topher Fakiris
Accidents & Catastrophes

x6 x3
Browncoat l Extra Syrup l Kita's Strong Confident Other Half l Lemon Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbreeze View Post
Poppy let out a heavy breath when the Environmental Head began to speak and tried her best to pay attention. Nevertheless, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, and such was all that she heard. That is, until he mentioned that the Ministry was trying to go more green. She fought the urge to slam the table in protest and bit her lip to prevent herself from interrupting him. She nodded as he continued to speak, anxiously waiting for him to shut his trap so she could talk. Finally, he opened the floor for questions and discussion, and before anyone could get a word in Poppy shrieked spoke. "Why in the name of Babayaga would you want to turn the Ministry green? Such a hideous color! Hideous!" She shrieked the last word louder to emphasize her disapproval.

For all she cared the Environmental Department could be green all they wanted, she had never visited this dismal place previously and didn't intend on ever visiting it again, but she was not about to turn the whole Ministry green! What do they think the Ministry is, the Slytherin Common Room at Hogwarts? No, no, no, no, no, no! She shook her head and pursed her lips angrily.

Poppy would have helped herself to tea and coffee but it was too much effort to stand up, extend her arm, pour it, pick it up and whatnot so she remained seated.
Rafael just barely suppressed his wince as the woman spoke. Only just. One brow arched as he turned his gaze to her after briefly flicking over to Hunter. Was she serous? "I... didn't mean literally. It's an expression. We want to make the ministry more Eco friendly." He tugged on his ear.

Was it ringing?

"Do you have any suggestions?" Now that she hopefully KNEW what they were all gathered here for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeAllie18 View Post
Damon stared at the woman, trying very hard to keep his face neutral, but he wasn't sure that he was doing a very good job. Surely this woman was not serious? I mean, surely she knew what it meant to be green?

Deciding that perhaps the best thing to do was to ignore the comment and move on like it had never happened. Perhaps, it was the best thing for Damon to do...move on and pretend it had never happened.

"Excuse me Rafael, perhaps you could tell us how the maintenance department goes about their business of keeping the Ministry clean and organized. I'm new to the Ministry, and not completely familiar with all the people and departments in it. Do we have a recycling system in place here, because if we don't that's definitely something worth looking into. Given the amount papers and owls that get sent in and out of this place, a good recycling system could go a long way."
Rafael turned his gaze away from the elderly woman, he let it settle on his own employee. Thank Merlin they understood what he was saying, and seemed to be on the same line of thinking as he was. Though that was to be expected, he did hire the best. "As far as I know, we don't have any recycling system in place, and that is one of the things I'd like to fix." And as far as the maintenance businesses went, "I think Hunter would be better able to answer how maintenance keeps the ministry clean and organized." He motioned to the man again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Soul View Post
Nice one. Marina nodded, "I think recycling should be one big part of the improving regime." She turned her gaze at the old lady and managed a small smile, "And we can make sure that our ideas go beyond green color. Perhaps we can use different colored plants as decorations around the offices and break rooms?" The lady had taken Rafael's words literally.. Marina thought they might as well answer her literally. "Would you like me to get you a cup of tea, ma'am?" She added in a neutral tone. She did see the way the woman sat on the chair few minutes ago and making her stand up again might take some time.

Back to suggestions, she returned her gaze at Rafael, "I think we can discuss ways of turning the Ministry environment friendly by talking about each department briefly and then we can determine the best ways to improve their concepts of saving the nature." She paused looking around at the others to see the reaction to her idea, "Let's say the Law Enforcement department," Nope, she didn't suggest that because of Enrique.... oh well, she did. "They use a lot of parchments and quills and such which makes it inevitable for us to assess their way of dumping them at the end of the day which leads us back to Damon's suggestion about the recycling system. And I say we put some mild rules on subjects before they get vanished as well. We all are aware that the evanesco charm has a slightly different effect on the different vanishing subjects." And the fact that HER group was responsible for that later made it even more tempting to put some rules and obligations on using the charm during work.

Feeling that she'd said enough for the moment, she stopped thinking of more ways to the more-greenie system.
More decorating? "It couldn't hurt to add a few more plants... we should see what's out there not first before starting that task." His lips quirked into a small smirk at the mention of law enforcement, and the thought of there reaction to their requests. Better than the suspension of their licenses he supposed.

"That's a good idea." He nodded his head. "Getting the other departments in on the project would help better the environment tremendously. And we'll add rules about vanished items as well. It may take a bit longer than the rest, making sure we have ways to enforce those rules and whatnot, but I think it would also help better our environment." Did anyone else have anything to add?

______________We'll live while we're young We'll chase down the sun _________________________