View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #22 (permalink)
Wonderstruck
Gryffindor

SS Featured Writer
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jeremy Bradford
Fifth Year
"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Soul View Post
Marina nodded her head at Damon, "I am. Nice to meet you too," And her smiley face went pale for a second as her head snapped toward the old woman who'd just entered the room energetically and jumped sat on the chair so.. ungracefully. Marina gave her a quick nervous smile and a nod. Then to the other lady getting in so strangely quiet after the old woman..

.. "Morning, Rafael." She gave her head of department a big, proud smile. Yep, they were early birds!
Damon gave another little nod to her, glad to see he was not the only one that was startled by the girls overzealous morning welcome. Since his Department head had entered the room, Damon figured it would be best to keep his attention on him, and hopefully regain back the calm demeanor he had when he entered the room. Boy had that woman put him on edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grangerfan8 View Post
Returning the greetings that were sent his way, the Spaniard made short work of placing the summoned parchment and quill in front of him, charming the quill so that it would take notes during the meeting.

"Not too late," He comment by way of greeting. There was coffee, and tea as well, on a decent sized tray in the center of the table, and though Rafa had yet to touch it, he assumed the others knew they were welcome to.

They did right? Hm.

Deciding that now was a good time to start, he let his gaze wander from Hunter to the others in the room. "Thank you all for attending this meeting. For those who don't know, I am Rafael Belmonte, Environmental Head." He motioned to Hunter. "And this is Hunter Phillips, Maintenance Supervisor. We will be heading this meeting, and assignment together." As for there names, well... they could give them if they liked.

"I called this meeting because I'd like to get started on a project, making the ministry more environmentally friendly. As of now, there is no sign that there's an environmental department or that the ministry is striving to become more 'green' with the exception of level four. Hopefully, with the assistance of maintenance, we can change that." The quill obediently scribed every word he spoke. "First I'd like to see if you guys have anything in mind on how we can accomplish this task, any ideas on how we can accomplish this goal?"

Rafael motioned to them to speak, and belatedly, to the tray on the table. "Also, help yourselves to the tea and coffee."
The Ministry did not have an Environmental Department? Damon's eyebrows furrowed downwards, understanding what Rafael was saying, but still slightly annoyed that a department as important as the Environmental Department was going so unnoticed.

In his humble opinion the Ministry was not more green because people were often too lazy to make the effort to be green. In some ways Damon thought he knew muggles that were more environmentally consciences than some of the wizards at the Ministry.

Damon was about to raise his hand slightly to offer a suggestion when the rather loud woman from before practically screamed her opinions at everyone in the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbreeze View Post
Poppy let out a heavy breath when the Environmental Head began to speak and tried her best to pay attention. Nevertheless, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, and such was all that she heard. That is, until he mentioned that the Ministry was trying to go more green. She fought the urge to slam the table in protest and bit her lip to prevent herself from interrupting him. She nodded as he continued to speak, anxiously waiting for him to shut his trap so she could talk. Finally, he opened the floor for questions and discussion, and before anyone could get a word in Poppy shrieked spoke. "Why in the name of Babayaga would you want to turn the Ministry green? Such a hideous color! Hideous!" She shrieked the last word louder to emphasize her disapproval.

For all she cared the Environmental Department could be green all they wanted, she had never visited this dismal place previously and didn't intend on ever visiting it again, but she was not about to turn the whole Ministry green! What do they think the Ministry is, the Slytherin Common Room at Hogwarts? No, no, no, no, no, no! She shook her head and pursed her lips angrily.

Poppy would have helped herself to tea and coffee but it was too much effort to stand up, extend her arm, pour it, pick it up and whatnot so she remained seated.
Damon stared at the woman, trying very hard to keep his face neutral, but he wasn't sure that he was doing a very good job. Surely this woman was not serious? I mean, surely she knew what it meant to be green?

Deciding that perhaps the best thing to do was to ignore the comment and move on like it had never happened. Perhaps, it was the best thing for Damon to do...move on and pretend it had never happened.

"Excuse me Rafael, perhaps you could tell us how the maintenance department goes about their business of keeping the Ministry clean and organized. I'm new to the Ministry, and not completely familiar with all the people and departments in it. Do we have a recycling system in place here, because if we don't that's definitely something worth looking into. Given the amount papers and owls that get sent in and out of this place, a good recycling system could go a long way."

If you're gonna be the death of me, that's how I wanna go