View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 05:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
GlassXRose
Ravenclaw

I Snuggle Werewuffs!
Love Potioneer
Moke

Ministry RPG Name:
Elinor Danvers

|Who's On First? | Challenge Accepted.| | :Ink For Blood: | Team SUITS!|

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinBoyWonder View Post
"Yes........ It is muggle made." She is very observant. "Which is why there is no magical trace on it." Seriously, people?? Benjamin gave Julia a look and then decided to answer the question. "Well, I can tell you where it's not. His home, his place of work, a store, or anything that you would need to go to frequently (in his home town.)" Anywhere else... Not important.

Benjamin was recalling the spell to do next, when Elinor decided to go herself. "Ah," Chemicals. Haven't worked with those in 10 years. "Yes, well..." Hardcore stuff. "Instead of looking at the elements on the key as separates, let's look at them in combination with each other. For example, if I had saltwater and sand you would know this key was at the beach." Ben turned to the other woman in the room. "But I doubt it will be as easy as that."

Then Benjamin had a thought. "The wonderful thing about magic.... Is that it's magic. Elinor, would you do me a favor and smell that key?"
As Ben dealt with the other woman, Elinor kept trying to think. A significant gaseous substance could be almost anything.

Ben's reaction came with mixed reviews. On one hand, she was slightly annoyed. On the other, she was slightly amused. But she listened to him as he spoke. Smell the key? She was slightly reluctant to smell evidence, especially since he'd mentioned that it had been in the suspect's shoe.

Picking up the key and giving him an incredulous look, she held it close to her nose and took a very small sniff at first, then a deeper one. At first, she smelled nothing significant and shook her head. "Silver, rubber, oil from being handled...." But after a moment, she thought she smelled something more. She couldn't put her finger on it right away.

"It's... something... A combustant. Some sort of oil, like kerosene or... Gasoline!" She turned quickly to Ben. "You're looking for a gas station! Probably one that's not real popular. Look around for a shed or something that's not real high-security...", she held out the key to him, satisfied with her conclusion. Of coure, he probably wasn't done, but she didn't mind, in the end. He was more polite than SOME PEOPLE she knew... She didn't know how that worked, but she wasn't going to argue.