View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 03:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Connie
Gryffindor
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Janet Lynn Gordon
Fifth Year
Werecats are people too! Reader of Fan Fictions

Hey Ava. Thanks for commenting, and saying sweet things about my writing. I do love writing my stories, but it means so much to me that my readers are able to understand the story I'm trying to tell.
Quote:
I'm starting to see sense in his words.
Good. This is a pivotal point in the beginning of the story. I needed to make sure my readers got the reason why Harry felt he needed to leave. If you can imagine what it must have been like for him, then you'll understand the rest of the story. I insert this point several times throughout the rest of the story, and then summarize it in the end. I really hope it goes over well.
Quote:
By the way, are we going to find out where Harry's going? Is he going to be away for a long time to regain self control and as he said, "find himself?"
Actually, he is already back. The story begins with him right after he returned home. Harry was gone for four years, and he is at the Burrow waiting. While he is waiting, he looks back on memories of things that occurred while he was gone. The reason he is invisible you'll have to pick up as the story continues. If you don't, I will explain at a later chapter. I don't want to spill the milk and say outright, because the reason he is invisible is part of the underlying story behind the story. This underlying part of the story is the foundation for the next story. The next story will be the last in the series.
Quote:
Also, there is so many parts in this chapter that I loved so I can't list them all, But I should make note of the last paragraph. It was really sweet of Harry to regard Mr./Mrs. Weasley that highly and to thank her like this.
Thank you Ava. That is very kind of you. The reason I had him say his good-bye this way was because he is going off by himself, and only taking three essential items with him to help him survive. He wanted to make sure there would be closure for him and the Weasleys if he didn't survive the quest.
Thanks for reading and commenting Ava. It means a lot to me.

Hey Harita. Thanks for reading and commenting. After I post a chapter, I'm always anxious to read any comments, because it shows if the chapter was written well enough to get the point across.
Quote:
wonderfully written Connie...i really loved the line where he says he used to feel envious of Ron to have such fine parents...it just shows how deeply has his parents death affected him in his life...
waiting for more...
This is something that I wanted to try to carry over from JK Rowling's wonderful storytelling. She has this going on clear through all seven books, how Harry's life is affected by the death of his parents, and his adoption in his mind, of the Weasleys to fill that spot, which he feels is still inadequate sometimes. So, he does feel envious at times of Ron having a wonderful life especially with having the Weasleys as his parents.
Thanks again for reading and commenting.

Last edited by Connie; 07-31-2011 at 03:32 PM.