View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 01:18 AM   #25 (permalink)
masterofmystery

Gallery Admin
News Moderator
News Editor
Ravenclaw
Chizpurfle

Graduated
Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtina Potter View Post
First of all, thanks to Snitchseeker for the nice thread.

I want the people who are able to watch it in theaters to know how lucky they are.
The chance to watch it in theater...
Not everyone has that chance. I'm in Iran, and I have to wait months to get the DVD...
and it's so sad that this is how I'll have to say goodbye to the series I literally grew up with.

Anyway,
I have ten questions from the friends who've watched it. Sorry it's a lot, I just wanna know how the movie is...

1) Among the trio who acted the best?
2) How long was the Prince's Tale part, and what was Harry's reaction afterward? I mean, in the book he sort of jumped out of the memories and he fell to the floor and all... was his reaction like in the book?
3) The scene of Lily's death, was there any dialogs like the part in the book?
4) Can you tell me about King's Cross part? How was it?
5) Is it true they say the movie is even better than the book?
6) Was King's Cross shown right after Harry's DEATH? Do the audience know by the time the procession part begins, that Harry's actually alive? How did he come to life in front of the others?
7) Is it better in 2D or 3D? or both...?
8) How was the epilogue; who acted the best in the part? How was the makeup and atmosphere?
9) Was there any of famous scenes or dialogs changed majorly? Any scenes added? Were they good? Did you hate any changes, or love any?
10) Can you explain the "Price's Tale" and "the Forest Again" parts as much as you can please?

Again, sorry they're too many.
Lmao, just a few questions there. Let's see how I can help. SPOILERS

1. All three are incredible, they truly are. Rupert's always natural and on top of his game, Emma's great too, but I think Dan REALLY stepped up in terms of his performance as Harry. He's fantastic.

2. The Prince's Tale takes a fair few minutes, and you get very engulfed in it. Harry's reaction is more or less the same (there have been a couple of photos of Harry just sort of sitting on the steps of Dumbledore's office, taking it all in).

3. Lily's death? You mean at Godric's Hollow for The Prince's Tale? Mm, not really no.

4. King's Cross - as in straight after Harry's death? It's GORGEOUS, and well done by Dan and Michael, but a few things were left out, plot-wise. It's straight to the point, but the Ariana backstory was left out of the film.

5. Never. The book will always be better; it's just that this film is really superbly made.

6. King's Cross is immediately after, yes. The crowd is aware that Harry's alive when he drops down from Hagrid's arms and runs for it, lmao.

7. Haven't seen it in 2D, just 3D, but it's a very subtle 3D, so I don't think you'd miss much watching it in 2D, to be honest.

8. Epilogue - makeup is great, they look their age (finally), Ron's a bit hilarious. The conversation between Harry and Albus is wonderful - Dan plays a father way too naturally!

9. There's a lot, so much to list. I'm not going to say them all, but the way Voldemort and Bellatrix ultimately die isn't a way I would have preferred, to be honest.

10. The Prince's Tale is pretty faithful to the book, up till Dumbledore tells Snape the truth about why Harry was kept alive. There are a ton of added bits, the most notable being of Snape visiting the Potters' home after Lily and James died, and cradling Lily in his arms while sobbing his heart out (it's so intense and wonderful). I think most of The Forest Again has been released already, so not much new there, to be honest. Hope that helps!
masterofmystery is offline   Reply With Quote