View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 05:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
GlassXRose
Ravenclaw

I Snuggle Werewuffs!
Love Potioneer
Moke

Ministry RPG Name:
Elinor Danvers

|Who's On First? | Challenge Accepted.| | :Ink For Blood: | Team SUITS!|

Elinor watched carefully as Ben performed quite the trick, smiling mostly to herself. "Well, aren't we fancy? I suppose I'm just a little old-fashioned about these things." She preferred it that way. She was in her element that way. But now was not the time for that conversation. There was work to be done. She couldn't tell wether he was being sarcastic or not, but when he admitted she was right, she caounted that as a small personal victory.

She let the two bounce ideas off each other-- after all, she was just the lab monkey-- and turned her attention to the key once more. Picking up a tiny pick-like tool with a sharp end, she carefully found one of the tiny ruts in the key and scraped it, ending up with a TINY bit of silver dust, which she immediately deposited into a vial.

"I know I'm being old-fashioned again," she said half to herself as she crossed to a shelf with small bottles of chemicals. She picked one up and, removing the dropper, let several drops of a clear liquid envelop the scraping. Securing the vial, she gave it several shakes, then watched as the liquid turned purple. "...but the chemicals don't lie."

She gestured to what every lab ought to have; A periodic table on the wall. "Red would indicate solid, blue would be a gas, and green would be a liquid. Purple would come from a mixture of red-- the silver solid of the key, and blue-- a gas or a vapor that was in the air at the time the key was inserted into the lock. The scratches act as a sort of environmental time-capsule, storing the gasses that were prominent in the air at the time." That last part was added in merely for the sake of having it said.

Replacing the tiny bottle of chemicals and setting the vial aside, she crossed towards Ben. "Detective, I believe it's your turn to one-up me," she said playfully. It wasn't that she had done all she could do, she merely needed a few moments to think, and, raising her arms to fold them, she paced a few steps, slowly, and did just that.