View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 12:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Connie
Gryffindor
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Janet Lynn Gordon
Fifth Year
Werecats are people too! Reader of Fan Fictions

Harita: Thanks so much for your sweet comment. It makes me very happy that you liked it so much. I’d love to see you put up a new ff. You are a talented writer, and I enjoy your work.

Crookshanks kitty: Thank you Ava, for those wonderful comments. I am sorry for the long delay in responding to these comments. Of you and Ottery’s, I needed to be especially careful so as not to seem like I was making little of J.K. Rowling’s writing, because I think she is one of the most brilliant writers that I’ve ever read. Also I wanted to be very careful I don’t break any rules about the subtle Biblical reference I made.
Quote:
Harry's feelings are so real, that personally as a reader, I was able to feel his pain, understand his confusion and agony, and comprehend his sorrow. The way you describe it shows how much you see into the character and how deep you have thought over it all before putting it into words.
I was slightly disappointed in the content of JK’s, thirty-forth chapter in, “The Deathly Hallows” ‘The Forrest Again’. Only that it seemed to me she was in too much of a hurry to add what I think Harry would have thought about immediately after viewing Snape’s memory. After all, most of the whole last book was Harry’s struggle’s with his hurt, disappointment, bitterness, … in how Dumbledore had deceived him, and didn’t really love him…. I think his first thoughts would have been just what I wrote. I think he was stunned and confused. And why wouldn’t he think of his getting a life, living it, and then thinking of what he will miss in the future? I don’t think he would have rehashed the whole year of what he felt Dumbledore thought of him, and being bitter that he didn’t die all the times he escaped death, or die like his parents or Hedwig died.

OtterySt.Catchpole: Hey ~Otty, thanks so much for reading and commenting.
Quote:
...this was a truly brilliant piece of story Connie and its nice to see your story short and concise.
Short and concise is what I was going for.
Quote:
Your character changed over the course of the narrative, which is really all that's required of a short tale (or any tale). There has to be some kind of fundamental change ... and you did that magnificently with Harry giving him a reason to find the courage to go out and fight.
I learned from your One Shot that you wrote while doing Human Nature. I LOVED it soooooo much. It really is what I used to help me be short, but informative, and hopefully entertaining. Just like yours.
Quote:
In keeping with the whole messianic theme of the books this is like Jesus in the garden before his crucifixion. I think you wrote it brilliantly and your (intentional or not) Biblical reference is brilliant.
I don’t think it’s good to compare Harry, his life and sacrifice he made, to Jesus Christ. In staying with JK Rowling and the way she obviously wrote the series the way she did though, I wanted to be careful not to stray away from the message so many people got from it. However, I did want to stay with the theme of the sacrifice made on both counts (Harry and Jesus) for the sake of the story. I didn’t want to be obvious about it because I don’t want anyone thinking I’m pressing my religious beliefs on anyone. Therefore, I hope I was subtle, and really, (if you think about it) the title says what I wanted to get across best.
Thank you so much ~Otty. Maybe I will do more writing sometime in the future. We’ll see. And maybe it will be another One Shot, so I can craft my writing. After all, my first story was rather long winded. I loved it anyway though.

Cassiopia Malfoy: I nearly posted with out even seeing you and Lilly James. I was busy preparing my responses to the last three people that commented. Sorry about that.
Quote:
Ohmyword Connie! It was so breathtaking and awesome! I cried, it was so moving, and true, and it was so, Harry, it was very Harry. I loooooove it, I really truly did. Awesome, awesome, awesome job!
I'm at a loss for words. I humbly thank you for your compliments. It moves me that you was moved so much. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thank you very much.

LillyJames: As I just said, I nearly overlooked you, and I apologize for it.
I thank you for thinking it is amazing and I do thank you for reading and commenting. It thrills me that you liked it so much.