View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 04:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
crookshanks_kitty
Ravenclaw
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Parmis
Fifth Year
carrot lover (not) // torturously friendly // secret spy // HP nerd // <3 sparkles // who am I?

OMG Connie this is A.MA.ZING!!! Harry's feelings are so real, that personally as a reader, I was able to feel his pain, understand his confusion and agony, and comprehend his sorrow. The way you describe it shows how much you see into the character and how deep you have thought over it all before putting it into words. That's why I enjoyed reading it from the beginning to the end of your post without getting bored. It kept me interested throughout and amazingly, in this one short pice of writing, I felt so many emotions that many pages of writing couldn't create these feelings that I felt for me. Mainly because we all feel so closely bonded to the protagonist and also the memories that it brought back of the last book which was also my favourite of the series.

This was especially beautifully written:
Quote:
So many things were going through his mind he couldn’t think straight. Harry brought his gaze back to the map again. He put it to his face with his eyes closed, and smelled Ginny as fresh as if she was standing there with him. The smell comforted him. He remembered the birthday gift she had given him, and longed for her lips on his again. He wanted to hold her against him and hang on tight as though she could sustain his life.
I also really felt pitty for him when you wrote this:
Quote:
He started feeling guilty and angry because he didn’t die when he was suppose to. He thought of how people would be living if he had done things the right way and died. Dumbledore would be alive. There wouldn’t have been a war, and all those people would still be alive. But, he wouldn’t have fallen in love with Ginny either.
It's so sad that he actually feels guilty for not dying earlier!

Overall, this peice of writing is truelly amazing. Thank you Connie.

Last edited by crookshanks_kitty; 05-19-2011 at 07:41 PM.