Thread: Conference Room
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 08:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
EquestrianGal88
Slytherin

SS100 Triumphant
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rayna C. Thorne
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Astara S. Hornebolt (Ash)
♥My Very 1st Tag | ~Filofax:Forever~ | ~Evil Slythie~ | Chris' Caretaker♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ama View Post
The Conference room was definitely more sleek looking than she had expected. Although the lobby of the Ministry of Magic was impressive enough, the fountain was enough to make her mouth drop for half a second, she somehow expected the Departments to be quite shabby. After all, she was certain the Ministry didn't have an endless budget--did they? Not wanting to appear ungrateful, Daphne picked a bottle of water on her way to an empty chair. She took the opportunity to greet the woman that was sitting closest to the exist.

"Hello," spoke the blond clearly with a small smile. "I'm Daphne Hopton. It's my first day."

Daphne hesitated a moment, holding the water bottle with both hands. Was this the right time to extend one and offer a handshake as a greeting? Deciding that the seconds she had stood there trying to make a decision made her look stupid and awkward, Hopton promptly dropped her bottom on the closest empty chair. This would do for now.
'Hmm....What?' Frida looked up from her deadpan stare at the her own water bottle and spotted a blonde woman.
Blonde.
"Hello there." Frida smiled warmly and extended her hand in greeting, "I'm Frida Brown. Or just Frida...or Mrs. Brown, I really don't mind how one addresses me. I am a Senior Obliviator on this level." How're you liking things so far on your first day?" Granted, it was a little early to ask that question, since it was only the morning still.

Just as Frida was about to ask the purpose of this meeting, their Department head made the announcement. 'Just to mingle then? Why does that sound familiar...'. She remembered that last conference where the Accidents and Catastrophes level had a meeting to get better acquainted. If there was one thing an employee could count on on this floor, it was that nothing ever went as planned.
A couple of new faces had made their way into the conference room, and Frida politely smiled and nodded her head, saying a kind, "How're you?" as she did so. 'Suppose I should put my notepad away.' It flipped shut on it's own accord and slid into Frida's small bag, which was placed on her lap.