View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 05:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Angie

DoM
Veela

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nerissa M. Tate
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Brighton H. Brown
Mysteries

x8
Wowza!

c o n f u n d u s
I'm Sorry, What Was That?

It was ridiculous how even after Quidditch practice, Cho Chang managed to travel with a pack of giggling girls surrounding her. It was ridiculous enough to make me gape for a split of second, but not enough to have my own brain talk myself out of the entire endeavor.

When the girls with her spotted me, they giggled and whispered between each other. Slowly, they began to drift apart until Cho was left alone to close the distance between us.

“Hi.”

Her tone was cautious but not unfriendly. And her slight Scottish accent coupled with the small crease between her eyebrows drove me a little crazy, “Hello.”

Not usually shy around girls, the tightness around my throat and the flush taking over my cheeks alarmed me a bit, “Look, I know we don’t know each other well, but Valentine’s Day is coming and I was wondering if you’d like to spend it in Hogsmeade with me.” Something in her expression shifted, and before she could say no, I said quickly, “Sounds corny, I know, but—“

She cut me off, “I’d love to.”

I blinked, suddenly feeling as if someone had cast confundus while I wasn’t looking. “Are you serious?”