View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 09:41 AM

Post First Emma Watson People Tree Spring/Summer 2011 line photo released

The first image from Emma Watson's third and final collaboration with People Tree's fair trade line has been sent to SnitchSeeker by the company. The photo, taken by Andrea Carter-Bowman, can be viewed in high-resolution in our galleries.

Photos!: Hi-res Emma Watson People Tree image.

Quote:
In what will be her third and final collection with the Fair Trade fashion brand the collection takes on a more mature look.

The main collection will officially launch on 28 February 2011 to celebrate Fairtrade Fortnight and promoted through a special mail order catalogue with Emma Watson modeling throughout.

“I designed the collection last year after I’d started university in the US. Safia, People Tree’s founder, and Misato, People Tree’s designer, came out to work with me in Rhode Island. Together we decided on all the colours, fabrics, shapes and craft skills. Most of all, we took care to design a really wearable collection that truly celebrates the traditional skills of People Tree’s Fair Trade groups around the world.” said Emma Watson.

A preview collection of 9 styles goes on sale today featuring jersey harem pants, blazers and draped dresses as well as a striking silk gingham check dress and a polka dot tea dress.
The rest of the images of Emma wearing clothes from her Peopletree line will be released on February 25, 2011. You can view some of the clothing mentioned above here on People Tree's site.

UPDATE: The designs on some of the spring/summer line T-shirts were all done by Emma herself, as confirmed by People Tree. Those can be found in our galleries.