View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 04:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
Antarctica
Dark Force Defense League
Welsh Green

Encyclopaedia Galactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoerawrr View Post
Jake was quite aware that he'd shown a little weakness there with the renewed stutter. He hadn't been expecting something like that from Antares, so that just went to show that you never really knew how someone would be.

Now he was pretty sure that the guy was cooooool, he slowly took off his sunglasses. "That's me," he smiled wryly. "And I'd like to come in, yeah." When Antares headed on into the office with a curious tale of the provocative chair, the young man followed him on in whilst glancing over his shoulder.

"What did it do?" Jake asked, thinking of many possibilities. He'd heard of defective desks in Ancient Runes, but recalcitrant chairs?
"Oh." Risu had been thinking more along the lines of a joke. "Er... It winked at me inappropriately?" he suggested, pulling the used tissues out of his robe pocket and lobbing them in the direction of the waste paper basket (which moved in order to catch them). He was about to pour himself a cup of tea when he remembered Hecate's warning not to consume hot drinks for a day after taking the antidote.

With a sigh, Risu replaced the kettle on the stove. Something else would have to do, then. With a quick wave of his wand, the cup filled with water. "Please, sit," he said to Jake, indicating the chair. "Don't have anything in the way of food, I'm afraid, but I can offer you a cup of tea."

Walking around the desk, he glanced at the large windows. Good. At least at first glance, the face of his mirror image had lost most of its red blotches. He slumped into his chair and took a sip of the water. "What can I help you with, Jake? I was under the impression that you had left Hogwarts."