Thread: Character: The Phoenix - Sa13+
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 03:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Wonderstruck
Gryffindor

SS Featured Writer
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jeremy Bradford
Fifth Year
Default Chapter Two: Part Two
"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."

When observing Fred and George's shop for the first time subtle was definitely not a word that came to mind. The top of the store was a rather large looking magician, like the ones that do card tricks and such for muggles, who was taking his hat on and off. The first time if came off a bunny was underneath it but the next time it came off the bunny was gone. Mrs. Weasley shook her head, looking amused and slightly concerned at the same time while Mr. Weasley gave a hearty laugh. They had already seen the shop but Mrs. Weasley had been as stiff as an ironing board that we would only be going into Diagon Alley once, and that would be to buy school supplies.

Ron was the first to rip open the door to the shop, the sound of music that reminded me of a carnival streaming out through the open door. If there was one word to describe the store it was crowded. Nearly everyone in Diagon Alley was in the store, looking at the various things set up on shelves mounted on the wall, tables on the floor, and even little boxes hanging from the ceiling. Fred and George were at the top of the staircase helping a small boy who was eyeing what looked like a box of chocolates.

"We promise, one of these and you'll be set for at least four hours of puking. Just the right amount for you to miss class for the day," said Fred, giving the kid a smile.

"Alright, I'll take them," said the kid, shaking George's hand.

"Very well then, follow me to the cash register and you can be on your way!" said George leading the kid down the stairs.

Everyone had already split up: Hermione and Ginny were observing a table filled what what I took to be love potions, Ron and Harry were observing pouches of something that could fill an entire area with darkness, and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were talking with Fred. I could only last about five minutes until the constant throbbing of noises and thoughts in such a confined space got to me. Retreating backwards I went outside into the quiet street, closing my eyes and pushing the thoughts from my wind until all I could hear was the quiet of the alley in front of me.

After a couple of minutes I was going to turn around and go back inside but the sight of Mrs. Malfoy and Draco caught my attention. I could tell from their demeanor that they were trying to be very careful to make sure they weren't being followed. Draco looked my direction and I quickly ducked behind a trash can that was near by. I closed my eyes and reached out to his thoughts.

I don't know why we have to have Greyback help us with this. He's just plain creepy. Draco was obviously very uncomfortable about whatever it was that he was going to do with his mother. Mrs. Malfoy was so concerned about making sure they didn't hurt Draco that it was making her snap at everyone and everything. I tried to catch why she thought they were going to hurt him but she wasn't thinking about it.

Figuring that everyone was so preoccupied with everything going on in the shop, I figured no one would be concerned if I left for a little while. Being stealth I followed Draco and his mother until they went into the Borgin and Burke's. Greyback was standing at the back door, giving Draco a rather ominous smile that sent chills down even my spine. Greyback just seemed to look at everyone like they were something he could eat for dinner.

Deciding I couldn't get a very good look inside I grabbed hold of one of the drain pipes and began to climb it, getting onto the roof of building next to Borgin and Burke's. Once on top I could see perfectly into the back window where Greyback, Draco, his mother, and the shop owner were huddled around an old and dusty cabinet. I squinted my eyes, pushing every other noise out so that I could focus on the conversation that was going on within.

"And you are sure this will work?" asked Greyback, taking a step towards the shopkeeper.

"Yes, yes. Although it won't work unless the other part is fixed. Fix that part and this will work perfectly," he said, keeping his eyes downwards.

"Well...can you fix it?" he asked, swinging around to look at Draco.

"Yeah, I can fix it," said Draco, a tone to his voice.

"Don't you dare cop an attitude with me boy...I will..." Greyback started until Mrs. Malfoy took a step in front of Draco, blocking him off.

"He didn't mean anything by it Fenrir," she said, her voice sounding very confident for someone who was scared out of her mind. I think the only person not frightened by him is Voldemort and that is saying something.

"He better not have. I would hate to report to the Lord that your son is being uncooperative. And perhaps you need to remind your son about who his loyalties to are now," said Greyback, taking a jab at Draco's left arm.

God, this thing still itches so much and is still burning. I just hate it, I hate it so much. I hate being stuck under him. Potter is going to pay for what he did to my father.

I slid back on the roof so that my back was leaning against the shingles, but down low enough that they couldn't see me if they looked out the window. I let out a sigh, running a hand through my hair before looking out at the empty and broken looking street in front of me. As much as I hated Draco I felt bad for him.

Draco was a death eater, and now he had no choice to obey Voldemort's wishes...but what exactly were those? What would Voldemort trust Draco to do?

If you're gonna be the death of me, that's how I wanna go