View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 12:29 AM

Post Deathly Hallows: Part I semifinalist for 2010 Academy Awards in Visual Effects

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences released their long list of potential nominations in the Achievement in Visual Effects category for the 83rd Academy Awards, to air live on Sunday, February 27, 2011, at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center. Amongst the 15 semifinalists is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I. The full list can be found below.

Quote:
• "Alice in Wonderland"
• "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader"
• "Clash of the Titans"
• "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1"
• "Hereafter"
• "Inception"
• "Iron Man 2"
• "The Last Airbender"
• "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief"
• "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time"
• "Scott Pilgrim vs the World"
• "Shutter Island"
• "The Sorcerer’s Apprentice"
• "Tron: Legacy"
• "Unstoppable"
The list will be shortened to seven in early January; and on the morning of the Oscar nominations, Tuesday, January 25, 2011, five will be chosen as those up for the 2010 Academy Award. Will will have much more on the semifinalists and nominations in January as they are released.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I has now been released worldwide. Click on the banner below to order tickets for the film at Fandango. Tickets are also on sale now in the UK; head over to the Harry Potter official UK Facebook for more information.