View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 09:45 PM

Post Kelly Macdonald confirmed to play Grey Lady Helena Ravenclaw in Deathly Hallows II

Scottish actress Kelly Macdonald revealed to Vanity Fair that she has a small and significant role as a ghost in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II - that of Helena Ravenclaw, the Grey Lady.

Quote:
I find out, she’s got a small part as the Raveclaw house ghost in the final Harry Potter film.

I hear now that Boardwalk’s done, you’re working on the final Harry Potter as we speak. They really are trying to get every U.K. actor into those movies.
Kelly Macdonald:
It’s true! I’m friends with Colin Firth, and he told me he’s the only Brit who’s not in it.
The role of the Grey Lady was rumoured to go to Academy-Award winning actress Kate Winslet, whose agent turned it down. Kelly has worked in several projects with director David Yates, including The Girl in the Cafe (with Bill Nighy), for which she won a primetime Emmy award.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I has now been released worldwide. Click on the banner below to order tickets for the film at Fandango. Tickets are also on sale now in the UK; head over to the Harry Potter official UK Facebook for more information.