View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 04:41 AM   #208 (permalink)
Nixy!
Slytherin

Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
[working on smthing, maybe.]

Ministry RPG Name:
[working on smthing, maybe.]
x1 x2
Default Posting this now 'cause my computer's stupid. Still need to add to her history though
YOUR Nixy. || Prefect Rainbows! || Deniz'in Müzik Kardeşi

ELIZABETH BROOKES!

Midget. Cheerful. Loyal. Healer.

THE BASICS
My name is Elizabeth Brookes.
But you can call me Elizabeth, Elle, or Beth. (Or any other abbreviation that you might derive from my name)
However; if you're a student, you will call me Healer/Madame/Miss Brookes.
I am twenty-nine years old; 30 this October.
My parents are dead.
I was born in Blackpool, England.
I currently live in ... Hogwarts.
My birthday is on the thirty-first of October.
I'm currently Hogwarts' Healer.
I used to be a healer in St Mungo's; a Mediwitch; and the Healer at Salem Witch's Institute.
You can see that I am a half-blood female.
You could say I ran with the Badgers at school, from 2056 to 2063.
My wand is 9 inches long, made of Cherry with a unicorn tail hair core.
My patronus is a giraffe.
My boggart is something unknown to me. I've never had to face a boggart to find out what form it would take. (I purposely skipped those DADA classes)
If I peered into the Mirror of Erised, I would see my parents, both alive and well again.

APPEARANCE
+Hair: dark brown, very wavy, and rather long.
+Eyes: bright blue, with silvery grey rings around the iris.
+Build: Very petite.
+Height: 5' 2"
+General appearance: I'm tiny, so I tend to wear heels a lot. When I'm not in my Healer robes, I'll probably be found in wooly jumpers or cardigans, and jeans. Brilliant muggle creations, they are. I'll ALWAYS look perfectly presentable (unless it's before 6am on a Monday) I'm also rather pale, and I sunburn easily – so don't laugh at me if I catch the sun in the summer.

AN IN-DEPTH LOOK
ABOUT ME/HISTORY

SPOILER!!: History... It's long and rambley!
CHILDHOOD AND HOGWARTS DAYS
Well... I might as well start right at the beginning, right? I was born on the thirty-first of October, in the year 2045 to Jack and Jill Brookes. My mum had a home-birth, from what I remember being told. Getting from Blackpool to St. Mungo's – even with magic – was probably just too difficult to do when in labour. I was a heavy baby, at 10 pounds 3 ounces.

In all honesty, I don't have that many memories of my family when I was a child, because my dad died from head injuries after being involved in a roller-coaster crash when I was four years old. Those four years prior to his demise are very faint in my memory. I wasn't there when he died, and I know little about my father's death because my mother felt that I was too young to understand “why Daddy's gone on a holiday for ever”. After my dad had died, my mum suffered from depression for years; she really did miss him. I didn't miss him as much, as I was too young to understand what had happened at the time of his death. That probably didn't help with her mental state, if I'm being honest.

The December after I'd turned 8 years old, my mother also lost her life. I believe she was experimenting with spells and charms to make some amazing fireworks for New Years, and... well, something went horribly wrong. I wasn't in the house at the time, but there was nothing left of it, and nothing left of her. Seeing as though it was a Muggle Town, the Firemen and Police put it down to something to do with a gas explosion, or something equally silly.

My dad was a muggle, and his parents had both passed away from old age. His only brother had moved to a far off country, and the authorities couldn't track him down. My mother's family... I know very little about them, and the muggle authorities certainly couldn't find anything about a wizarding family that'd spent generations hiding themselves away from muggles. So, there was only one place left for me to go. Within hours of my mum's death, I was being sent off to a Children's home in the centre of Blackpool. It was a muggle home, and I was the only witch in the whole building. Or, at least that's what I assumed when I was a child. Looking back on it now, I suspect that the lady that ran the home had magical blood. She was rather old and very lovely, but definitely not muggle.

I'd been home-schooled by my parents up until that point, but for those last three years I was sent to one of the local Primary schools. I was also set to be enrolled in the comprehensive Secondary school, when my Hogwarts letter arrived on the morning of my eleventh birthday. The fact that it arrived via owl, to Miss Davenport's office (that was the name of the Children's home owner) and not with a Hogwarts teacher just adds to my suspicions that she wasn't muggle. I never realized this fact while I was still in correspondence with her, though.

So, that following September instead of going to Bispham High School, I made my way to London to board the Hogwarts Express for the first time. And here I was thinking that I was escaping the bumblebee themed school, just to find myself sorted into Hufflepuff at the Start of Term feast. I'll admit, I was a little disheartened to be sorted into Hufflepuff, I was rather hoping to be in Ravenclaw. Hogwarts was one of the few things about the Wizarding world that I remember talking to my mum about, and I spent a good part of my seven years there wondering if my mum was proud of me getting sorted into the house that many regarded as the “loser House”.

While I was at Hogwarts, I didn't really make many friends. I stuck to my studying, and my research. I wanted to find out as much as I could about my parents and their deaths. Part of me always felt like their deaths were somehow my fault. I suppose that was my way of punishing myself for not being able to save them. Some of my teachers told me that was a silly way of looking at it, but it was how I consoled myself. It was what helped me find my purpose in this world. I didn't like seeing people get hurt, because I knew I could help them. And that was when I was merely 12 years old.

I left Hogwarts with the following NEWTs: O's in Charms, Potions, Transfiguration, and Herbology; E's in Arithmancy, DADA, and Ancient Runes; and P's in Care of Magical Creatures. I never became a House Prefect, nor did I become Head Girl. That didn't bother me, though, as Prefects and Head Girls do not heal injured students, and that is what I wanted to do. I also left Hogwarts with only one close friend. Dave. He was my best friend, and I often looked at him as more than a friend, too.

LIFE AFTER HOGWARTS
After graduating from Hogwarts, I was lucky enough to get into a wizarding university in the west coast of America, on a magical healing course. I spent four years in the US, training to be a Healer. In my time at university, I lost contact with everyone I'd known in England - even Dave. It wasn't until the November before I graduated that I tried to contact him properly. The only reply to my owl was from his mother: informing me that he was too ill to write back to me personally. The letter was short and to the point; she didn't seem to want to elaborate further. Even with more letters to Dave, I never got any more replies from him or his family.

I graduated from university in the summer of '69 as a fully trained Healer; at the age of 23. I moved back to England the week after the gradation ceremony, in the hope that I'd be able to visit Dave in person. They'd apparently moved house though, and I wasn't able to contact them again. So, after weeks of trying to track the Campbell's down I had to give up on Dave and admitted that I wasn't going to be able to find him again, until he was well enough to contact me himself.

My first job was in St. Mungo's. I was a Healer in the Artifact Accidents unit, for two short years. A couple of months into my new employment, I found out that my best - and really, my only friend was in St. Mungo's; and that he had been since 2067. Three whole years and I didn't know at all. I'd not visited him at all.

When I finally found the guts and the courage to go to the Spell Damages unit, I honestly wished that I never did. Instead of finding a friend that was extremely annoyed at me for never visiting, I found a man that looked at me like he'd never seen me in his life. All it took was a conversation (which consisted of a lot of convincing and sweet-talking) with his personal healer to find out what had happened to him. Dave had lost his memory: all of it. Every last ounce of his being, it was all gone. He didn't even know who he was, three years on. It was the result of a duel and a spell that went wrong. Even now, no one knows who the duel was with or why they had it.

After Christmas, I spent a lot of time in the Spell Damages unit with Dave. I needed wanted to make him remember me. I don't think my supervisors approved of the amount of time I spent there, in all honesty. Four months on, I had to force myself to admit that I wasn't going to be able to help Dave. I found myself walking away from him for good. Again.

I was only at St. Mungo's for 6 months longer after that. I found knowing that Dave was in there just too difficult. The Head mediwitches tried making take paid leaves from work, with a large list of official excuses, such as depression and stress. I refused, as this would've gone down horribly on my CV. I applied for work elsewhere, and by the April, I'd been hired as the temporary Quidditch Mediwitch for the Wimborne Wasp's Home games. I left St. Mungo's for good in the first week of March 2071.

My contract with The Wasp's was only a 12 month contract, so I knew I had to start looking for other work, too. I turned to the States, figuring that getting as far away from England would do me a lot of good. After several interviews and meetings with the Principle of Salem's Witches Institute, I was offered the position of Healer at the American school. Over that summer, I moved back to America and got accustomed to the American Wizard's way of life again; ready to start Healing in the September of 2072.

I held that position for three years, before resigning. A new healer had come along, and the whole school held the impression that she was better. I begun to feel like I wasn't needed at the school with her insisting on doing EVERYTHING. So, I handed in my resignation.

Summer 2075 marked my return to England. I moved back to Blackpool, and rented a room in a dingy Bed & Breakfast near the Town Centre. For the first time in my adult life, I had no plans. I had nothing to do. Using a large portion of my savings, I bought one of the few townhouses on the sea front that hasn't been converted into a hotel. My intentions were to spend a year converting and creating my dream house; the house I'd always wanted since I was a kid.

But then my reputation as a Healer got in the way, when one day I was sent an owl from Hogwarts. It was about how their current healer had quit, and they needed a new one. I was being asked for. I was hardly going to turn the offer down. After an interview and a couple of meetings with Headmaster Tate, I was appointed Healer of Hogwarts. My home in Blackpool's going to have to wait until the summer, as I moved into the castle right away; in order to get the Hospital Wing prepared for the upcoming year...

SPOILER!!: Beth's Timeline.

Oct '45 – Elle was born.
Oct '46 – First birthday.
Oct '47 – Second birthday.
Oct '48 – Third birthday.
Oct '49 – Fourth birthday.
May '50 – Dad died in a roller coaster accident.
Oct '50 – Fifth birthday.
Oct '51 – Sixth birthday.
Dec '51 – Started to question why her dad wasn't around any more.
Mar '52 – Began to understand about her dad's death.
Oct '52 – Seventh birthday.
Jan '53 – Mum's depression started.
Oct '53 – Eighth birthday.
Dec '53 – Mum was killed in failed charms experiment.
Jan '54 – Elle was sent to a Muggle children's home.
Oct '54 – Ninth birthday.
Oct '55 – Tenth birthday.
Oct '56 – Eleventh birthday. Received Hogwarts letter.
Sep '57 – First year of Hogwarts. Sorted into Hufflepuff.
Oct '57 – Twelfth birthday.
Sep '58 – Second year at Hogwarts.
Oct '58 – Thirteenth birthday.
Jun '59 – Decided that she wanted to become a Healer when she grew up.
Sep '59 – Third year at Hogwarts.
Oct '59 – Fourteenth birthday.
Jun '59 – Befriended Dave Campbell.
Sep '60 – Fourth year at Hogwarts.
Oct '60 – Fifteenth birthday.
Sep '61 – Fifth year at Hogwarts.
Oct '61 – Sixteenth birthday.
May '62 – Sat her OWLs.
Sep '62 – Sixth year at Hogwarts.
Oct '62 – Seventeenth birthday.
Dec '62 – Started to develop romantic feelings for Dave; hid said romantic feelings.
Sep '63 – Seventh year at Hogwarts.
Oct '63 – Eighteenth birthday.
May '64 – Sat her NEWTs.
July '64 – Graduated from Hogwarts.
Oct '64 – Nineteenth birthday.
Jul '64-'65 - Spent the year after graduation furthering her studies privately.
Aug/Sep '65 – Began training to become a Healer in an American Wizarding University.
Oct '65 – Twentieth birthday.
Oct '66 – Twenty-first birthday.
Apr '67 – Dave Campbell was seriously injured in a duel; and was admitted into St Mungo's. Beth was unaware of this at the time.
Oct '67 - Twenty-second birthday.
Oct '68 – Twenty-third birthday.
Nov '68 – Beth learned of Dave's condition.
June '69 – Graduated from Uni as a fully trained Healer.
Oct '69 – Twenty-fourth birthday.
Dec '69 – Employed as an Artifact Accidents Healer in St. Mungo's.
Jan '70 – Found out that Dave was living in St Mungo's. He didn't recognise his best friend at all.
Jan-Apr '70 – Tried to help restore Dave's memories, with no luck. Began to force herself to avoid the Spell Damage unit.
Oct '70 – Twenty-fifth birthday.
May '71 – Left St. Mungo's to be a temporary Mediwitch at the Wimborne Wasps' home games.
Oct '71 – Twenty-sixth birthday.
Mar '72 – Moved to the US.
Jul '72 – Successfully applied for the position of Healer in Salem Witches Institute.
Oct '72 – Twenty-seventh birthday.
Oct '73 - Twenty-eighth birthday.
Oct '74 - Twenty-ninth birthday.
Jun '75 - Left Salem Witches Institute and moved back to England.
Jun '75 - Offered Healer position at Hogwarts.
Sep '75 - Started working at Hogwarts.

I'm fairly fond of
Magic; heels; the springtime; owls; fish 'n' chips; photograph albums; flying; chocolate; all things muggle; roller coasters; the seaside...

But I do not care for
Cats; rude people; Divination; people who waste my time; cats; Mondays; spiders; Oh, and did I mention cats?

Some of my aspirations include
+ Save many lives.
+ Generally do some good in the world.
+ Have a family of my own one day, perhaps.
+ Make my parents proud.

A few fears sometimes get in the way
+ The idea that I'm never going to find anyone. I'm getting older every year, y'know.
+ Cats. I hate them. Horrible, scary creatures. And I bet Hogwarts is full of them, isn't it?
+ Failing to save someone who's very ill.
+ I'm too scared to get emotionally close to people. I'm scared that I'll only lose them, like all the others.

FURTHER MORE
My family is gone. On the Earthly plains, at least.
+The Parents: My parents were called Jack and Jill. My dad was a muggle, and my mum was a pure-blood. There's a muggle nursery rhyme about a Jack and Jill, it amused my parents so much that they got married at the top of a hill.
+The Siblings: I was an only child, unfortunately.
+ The Romantic Interest: There isn't one. There hasn't been for a long time.
+Children: There aren't any.

+The pets: I have a baby barn owl named Tom.

Template Coding by Ashlie aka Hermione_loves_Ron.

Last edited by Charely Potter; 08-30-2015 at 11:21 PM.