View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 12:05 AM   #78 (permalink)
StarShine
Special Services to the School

DoM
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mona Deandra Hellmann
Gryffindor
First Year
x5 x6
¼ of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pls

Text Cut: Liam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry174 View Post
Angel know took a couple of deep breaths and tried to concentrate. "'Vital crepitus!" Angel then did the wand movement, but nothing happen, She shook her head trying to figure out what was going wrong.
Cosgrach had been walking among them and heard Angel not saying the spell right. He waited for a while to see if someone else would help her, but when no one did, he approached her.

"It's vee-tar-ey," he said slowly for her to get it, and repeated again. "Vitare. Go on, try to say it again." He checked his watch. They still had some more minutes, so he wouldn't leave her side until she got it right.

He checked his watch... time was up. He walked to the front of the room and clapped his hands once to draw their attention.

"Alright, time's up!" he announced, "now, we start our main activity: trying these spells in case of real danger." Would he really put them in danger? DUNDUNDUN. "I want you to divide into three groups as evenly as possible, so get up and pick either the front left or right corner, or the back of the classroom." He waited for a minute or so for everyone to pick their group. Once everyone was away, in a corner, he muttered a spell and all of their belongings were pushed to the walls to protect them. Then, he enlarged three cauldrons a little and placed them in front of every group. He finished the arrangements at last by tapping the blackboard and a recipe appeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackboard
  1. Fill the cauldron with water, set on high flame and add 5 Sopophorous beans, then stir 9 times clockwise with a wooden stirrer
  2. Add 2 Porcupine quills
  3. Stir 5 times counter-clockwise
  4. Add 4 mistletoe berries
  5. Add one root of aconite
  6. Add a one jobberknoll feather
  7. Add a sprig of Peppermint
  8. Wave your wand three times to complete
"There are 8 steps, and every group consist of roughly 8 people. This is a recipe I haven't tried yet, I just figured these ingredients with these amounts will make a recipe to cure pimples." MHM. HAHA. What a joke. "These cauldrons are charmed to stop in front of every person for only ten seconds so the next person should do whatever they have to do in that time. I'll give you... 2 minutes to organise all as a group. Get in a line, get your ingredients and mentally get ready. Like I said, this is an experiment, so get ready to cast these spells we've just practised. The group who" stays alive "finishes first will get" to live a long life "chocolate frogs from me. I'll even give you a hint: wear your gloves and everybody casts bubble-head charm. Those who can may help who can't."

What they didn't know was that this recipe was completely made up and would surely end disastrously, so this was a test to see who stayed calm and who practised the spells well.

OOC:
  • This is the main activity!
  • Everyone pick a group and title their post with its number (either 1, 2 or 3). I would appreciate it a lot if you guys tried to divide it as evenly as possible. I don't ask you to count the group members before you, but it's nice if you just take a really quick look at the post titles before you.
  • Keep the titles during the whole activity (which requires only two posts anyway).
  • Just skip the 'getting ready' part and act as if Cosgrach has started the cauldrons' movement. RP as if your characters are so ready to carry out their part etc.
  • For full credit, you need to post twice and twice only:
    a. Doing the next step in the recipe
    b. Tidying up after the person before you via these spells
  • So how does this work?
    This isn't a 'real' recipe, meaning every step will end in chaos.
    1. Someone (the first person in the group) carries out a (the first) step.
    2. The second person to post has to quote the person before them, i.e. the first group member and fix the problem..
    3. The third person to post quotes the second person and carries out another step.
    4. The fourth person to post quotes the third person in their group and fixes the problem.
    5. And so on until EITHER everyone got a chance to both post a step AND fixing a problem, OR there aren't any more steps (then I'll step in and create more steps, don't worry).
  • The possible 'disaster scenarios' are at the end of this post. The fixer gets to choose what happened and how to fix it.
  • Obviously you don't have to stick to the first posting order at all. You can post anytime you want without looking for any RPing order.
  • If two (or more) people posted fixing the same step at the same time, the latter CAN and should edit accordingly. IF the edit means they are going to post twice doing the same thing (eg. your first post was carrying out a step and you posted the next time at the same time with another fixer), you can ask for the post to be deleted and look out for another such (eg. fixing) opportunity.
  • This sounds hard, but it's honestly easy! No RP order, only two posts (one for carrying out a step and the other for fixing the disaster). Title your posts with the group number. Quote the group member before you. Edit accordingly if you posted the same thing with another person.
  • The FIXER CAN fail at the spellwork. This just means the next person after them have to fix what your character failed at. If the fixer decides to fail the spell 'vitare crepitum' and has an explosion, the group has to start over.
  • You have until July 15, 23.59 GMT+1/18.59 EST+1 (daylight saving time) to finish two posts. I may not be able to call it time then, but I won't accept posts after it. This also means that if all of your group members are finished with posting before you, you can either join another group that haven't finished OR post a step AND the fixing spell in the same post.
  • This whole lesson is worth 30 points=no homework, so the more ridiculous your posts are, the more you'll get.
  • Any questions? You can ask me! Have fuuun!

Quote:
The disasters that can happen with these steps
  • The potion overflows
  • Two of the ingredients are poisonous (hint: use another bowl and lugal, but Cosgrach didn't specify WHICH two ingredients so you're free to pick which)
  • The potion emits poisonous vapour
  • A SMALL SCALE NOT AN IMPORTANT explosion happens (hint: the cauldron may shake/vibrate/whatever before it and it's up to THE FIXER if their character is successful with 'vitare crepitus' so if the fixer decides to fail, the group STARTS THE POTION OVER).
  • The FIXER can creater their own scenario, but remember that it should be something that can be fixed with a spell in this post.