View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 06:21 PM   #113 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

He would give them (those that needed it really) a moment to get settled after his little stunt. Poor cHoice of words really considering it hadn't been his intention to have to transform infront of them but there you had it. Perhaps for the best too. Students were nosy and he couldn't be bothered with hiding things this simple. There wasn't really a point.

SPOILER!!: Hady
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWolfe Malfoy View Post

With that done she stuck the name tag to her robes like asked. Next came a question. What would she do if she was attacked by someone older then herself. What did he mean by attacked? Like physically or with words? Raising her hand she replied to the question. "Professor whether it be with words or physical I'd do what I could to defend and stand up for myself first." Just cause she was small didn't mean she couldn't handle herself. Right?

A reasonable response he would grant her. Defending yourself was one of two natural instincts that most beings possessed. Fight or flight he believe it was called. "Thank you Miss Lynch," See? Name tags already coming in handy, "however I was looking for something a little more specific in response but yes, defense is advised otherwise you could end up on the wrong side of that death chamber they keep down in the Ministry." That he knew absolutely nothing about. Ahem.

SPOILER!!: Dima
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon View Post

.... .... .... he liked Cuddles better.

Still processing THAT little display, he considered the question. Uh... run? Didn't normal people do that? Gonna abstain from answering here.

Nothing? Really Mister Toussaint? They would be playing the silent game it seemed. Maddox scowled slightly at that but wouldn't be pushing it. If he didn't want to talk, it was no skin off his back. The important thing was that he left the class alive after they were done. Surely the boy was competent enough for that and if not, plenty of other students to help so he wasn't worried.

SPOILER!!: Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post

And then there was the first question. FIRST QUESTION! This was make or break, right? He HAD to impress new Charms dude.

Raising his hand, and waving it around a bit to get the man's attention, Zeke then supplied his thoughts on the matter. "What I normally do is get to higher ground, get an advantage, climb a tree, or a dumpster thing, or... yeah, and then you can do the whole jump attack thing!" He'd done it before, though, granted, it hadn't worked for him. All it did was hurt his wrists where he landed and then there was all the scrapes which he would have gotten anyway. Still, in THEORY, it was grand.

Blink, blink.

"....And...that actually worked for you...?" Maddox had seen that type of action...in movies...where they had stunt doubles and occasionally he'd seen it at Hogwarts when he went here but not usually with the desired results. In any case, this one right here...obviously had a lot of energy he needed to burn off so...all the power to you kid. "Thank you for the input though, Mister Rogers." Huh, maybe that's what he should have had him doing this lesson.

SPOILER!!: Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saz Hale View Post
Abby wrote her name on the tag and pinned it to her robes and raised her hand and said "In my view if i was being attacked by something bigger than me i would run and find help because i would not take on something that could be out of my hands"

"Good point, Miss Valentine. Sometimes it is better to seek help in a situation so long as you know you can't handle it on your own." Or so they said. How would he know? Personally, Maddox wasn't one to back down unless heights were involved.

SPOILER!!: Caleb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post

and then raised his hand.

"If I was being attacked by something bigger than me...I think I'd just run and try to find a place to hide. Someplace small, that I could fit in, but IT couldn't," he explained. That was pretty easy.

The words fit the robe, he'd admit that much. "Clever." Even if it wouldn't exactly help later on in the lesson. "Some place it has no hope of following. I do wonder though, how would you get out after if it decides it's content to sit and wait you out?" You had some VERY persistent boogers out there, he should know, he had the misfortune of running into them all the time. "Thank you Mister Newell."

SPOILER!!: Dante/Nigel/Neil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meizzner View Post

Dante wrote Neil B. Formy on his and up it on his chest. Perfect. Question Time and it was a pretty easy question for a second year.

"Professor Q. I would make someone else deal with the creature"

Simple. He never said he was by himself

This kid needed to make up his mind. Maddox got that he didn't appreciate the name his mother dropped on him but he couldn't keep switching, that was bound to bring an identity crisis about; one the Professor would rather not have to deal with thanks. "Professor Quigley." He corrected simply. It was right there on the board. There were a couple letters that fell after the 'Q' and they made a name if you said them all together.

His answer too matched his robe. "Of course you would. Naturally." He muttered while he scanned the list. With everyone already writing their names on tags and him taking note, the only available left was Dante Barrington. So that was it. Not anymore. Maddox crossed it out and wrote the name from the tag.

SPOILER!!: Aegis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ExpelliarMOOSE View Post

What was the best way to handle someone bigger than you? That was simple. "You dive at it, try to trip it up." Aegis said confidently. Everyone knew the saying 'The Bigger they are, the Harder they Fall.'

Maddox allowed himself a chuckle at this one. "Brilliant." He said with a nod. "Take note class. This is the perfect way to die." DIVE AT IT? Trip it up? There were more tactful ways of being brave. "Thank you Mister Dane. We'll leave here more informed."

SPOILER!!: Cilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post

"Erm, if we're talking about magic 'ere, I guess some kind of immobilising spell would be useful. I normally try not to be a part of such situations."

The first answer to offer something magical. Good to know someone still remembered they were at a magical school and magic placed within the context would have been more appreciated. "Yes! An immobilizing spell would do you a lot of good in this situation, thank you Miss Ashcroft."

Something along the lines of what they'd need...kinda.

SPOILER!!: Ariel
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRoHeGiNeLu View Post

But the professor was greeting them and...name tags? Oh. She supposed those were useful. After writing down her name, she attached it to her robes, then....were they supposed to answer that? Ariel raised her hand, if he called on her, then it must be meant to answer. "You...scare it off? Hit it in the neck, maybe? Or whatever makes it go down?" She was picturing something like a bear here because the professor was very unspecific.

The Professor subconsciously began rubbing his hand against his neck as this one spoke. "Wow....No really, wow. Violence, it was real and very much in Miss Abrams vocabulary. He did agree on the anything to make it go down bit but wow...."Er...thank you Miss Abrams."

SPOILER!!: Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post

As a question was asked, she gave it consideration before raising her hand to answer. "I would try to find higher ground so I could shoot defensive spells without getting injured."

Ah so this next apple was his too. Splendid!

"Thank you Miss Carrington." He said, levitating the apple to him and adding it to his collection. "Higher ground would also prove useful, yes, depending on what you happen to be facing." Maddox was aware he hadn't been specific but that was the point.

SPOILER!!: Adi
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Name tags in this class too? Well... the man was new so he would be needing to know their names. Using his quill, the Puffer wrote his name down before sticking the tag on the left side of his robes. As for apples... Adi didn't think he had that stashed in his bag. Chocolate Frogs and a scone, yes but apples? Might have to check later on. Onto the lesson then!

Ohh. Weird question but Adi raised his hand. "Panic but at the same time try to remain calm enough to think of a way to keep it away from you... or to defeat it." Well, yeah! Who wouldn't panic?

For a moment, the Professor simply stared at this one, head tilted and expression curious. "Tell me, Mister Rehman," He said after another moment of staring in slight confusion. "how does one panic while at the same time remaining calm?" A curious thing it was indeed, one he might have to look into.

"But yes, keep away would do the job...for a while anyway."

SPOILER!!: Toby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
"I'd probably try to reason with it. Talk it down. Diffuse the situation if I could. With words, y'know?"

Well. It was true. Toby was about a million percent sure that wasn't the answer Quigley was looking for, but you better believe he'd try that first.

"Failing that, I'd run and hide. I'm a pro at finding good hiding spaces," the Hufflepuff added, and finally lowered his hand, giving a firm nod. Yep. Solid plan from this kid.

The gesture of this other apple had him smiling as he levitated it to his desk as well. "Thank you Mister Tempus." Name tags were proving to be a life saver.

As for talking it down, the Professor tilted his head from one side to the other in silent contemplation before nodding. "Yes, this has proven useful before depending on the attacker. Words can sometimes be a man's most powerful weapon....unless it's maybe a rabid chimaera in which case by all means run." He would leave it to Professor Romanos to teach them how to defend against something like that. Not his place and not his expertise either.

SPOILER!!: Kyroh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos.Doodles View Post

Squishing the last sentence underneath he stuck it on his chest and raised his hand. "I'd just get my protector Toby to take care of them." DONE. Easy. Next question please.

His protector Toby? Maddox's eyes flashed back to the Hufflepuff who'd just spoken before landing on this one again with a raised brow. "The one who planned to run?" Just had to be sure they weren't talking about some other Toby here. "I suppose...if you felt that would work. Thank you Mister Scabior."

It wasn't all that far fetched though. Having a protector in general could do you a world of good.

SPOILER!!: Bleu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziella View Post

"Professor I have an apple for you as well." She held out the apple for him to take.

She considered the question and thought about what she would do. "I would either do an immobilization spell or a spell to shrink the attacker and trap it." She thought that would be reasonable enough. Especially if the attacker were say a magical beast.

"Thank you Miss Rawley." And another apple levitated to join the others. Kinda had him wondering why they'd held on to them if they were meant for him anyway but that was another question for another time.

He snapped his finger at his response. "Shrinking. Yes. Excellent." But he wouldn't say more on that just yet. Very good Miss Rawley, right on the ball.

SPOILER!!: Bianca[QUOTE=iBeJenn;11708555

Given she had to print that top line super small but it was important others knew it. She then stuck it onto her uniform and resumed paying attention the hot professor. What do you do when you find yourself being attacked by something bigger than you?

Uh... Raising her hand, she answered the question. "You cut a few feet from their height till they're smaller than you."

Duh.
[/QUOTE]

Look how attentive this one was! Clearly he was already doing a good job, clearly and he felt darn good about it after that little fiasco earlier where he'd accidentally overslept and had the students walk in on him. "An excellent plan Miss Caruso. Reducing the size does tend to make for a fairer fight."

This one was somewhat on the ball as well, only they wouldn't be cutting...not in a literal sense anyway.

SPOILER!!: Eden
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
"Um--" she raised her hand. "I...would start by punching whoever attacked me. Maybe even...kicking." In..places. Eden was such a lovely soul....and what--everyone had brought APPLES? Eden--well. Eden hadn't read the rules for the class so...

OOPS? She noticed people doing their name tags and quickly scribbled her name on hers. Merlin. MERLIN. This was going to be a tense class. She already felt squirmy from nerves...

Another overly attentive one. These students weren't half bad at making him feel like he was doing something right. Much better than having them all dozing off to sleep before they could get very far and he appreciated it. The kicking and punching though. "Could prove problematic but yes...it's another route that can be taking in an altercation."

It was just making sure you somehow punched harder.

SPOILER!!: CB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood'sLittleFlower View Post

What would she do?

She glanced around at the other students as they exchanged answers. Was it certainly a creature? It was anything though, wasn't it? He didn't exactly specify how it was on the attack either... So... it depends.

Unknowingly taking Dima's lead, she kept quiet.

Nothing from this one either? Shame, it was interesting to see where the students had been going with this so far. Still, he glanced over her name tag just because it would help him out in the long run.

SPOILER!!: Kate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
So about that question. Kate thought about it, and while she did that, she pictured herself being attacked by something bigger than her. Finally, she raised her hand. "I think the first thing I'd do is see if I could quickly figure out what that big something is, because if it's just a curtain flapping in the breeze, then I'd simply step away," she said. No biggie there, and he technically hadn't said what the big something was. "Now if it's a real threat? I've also heard there's charms to make bigger things much smaller. Imagine a grindylow being the size of an ant!"

How very Ravenclaw thoughtful.

"I like the way you're thinking Miss Addison. As it happens there is a spell that makes things much smaller and thus easier to handle." Another student that was right on the galleon. There was hope for them yet.

SPOILER!!: Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepmeclose22 View Post
Answering the question? Yea, that was a Ravenclaw thing to do. He didn't raise his hand, but when there was a null in the conversation, he spoke. "I would use the right spell to disarm it, and then find out why he was attacking me." If someone bigger than him was attacking him, there had to be a reason, right?

"Disarming is another useless spell, yes, depending on if the attacker was armed to begin with." Because, again, he'd never been specific so anything could have been the case and it was left up to interpretation. "The reason might also help if there's a means of remedying the problem. Thank you Mister Moore."

SPOILER!!: Cutie Ollie
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgisselx3 View Post
He heard a few of the other student's answers and decided it would be good for him to participate. Raising his hand, he said, "When I'm scared, I run away.....well....u-unless I'm being Superman..." because being Ollie and being Superman were completely different. "Then I just go right up to the scary thing and take care of business." Mhm. Superman was courageous, Ollie not so much.

Why did that sound so much like something his 6 year old son would say...? Maddox now had the compelling urge to owl home telling his son that he is not superman because thinking about it through the eyes of this kid right here...it actually didn't seem like all that good an idea. More like something that, much like Mister Dane's idea, could get you killed.

He cleared his throat. "So long as you remember you aren't, in fact, superman Mister Kyle then yes, lovely response." Oh dear. Merlin help the lot of them.

SPOILER!!: Brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurange View Post
So what would he do if someone bigger than him was going to punch him? Well, considering most people in here were actually bigger than him, he'd just wonder what he'd do if any of them were going to punch him. HMMM. "I'd probably try to talk to them," he said in the end. Not talk their ear off although he had a tendency to do that, just talking it out. "See if we can solve it without me losing a tooth." He quite liked his teeth. They looked pretty good on him.

Another one that felt talking it out might have been there best hope. Well, they can't all be fighters. "Teeth are important, I'll give you that. I suggest strengthening charms in the event the altercation then discussion don't go exactly as you hope it would." Words were usually dead useful and could be the deciding factor in a lot of things but at the same time, always good to have a plan B.

SPOILER!!: Penelope
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
"Depends what kind of something it is. First I would figure out was it is, then maybe immobilize it if it can be immobilized... or maybe immobilize it first and then figure out what it is... or cast random spells at it to see if one works... no, I would do something smarter than casting random spells... and it's also important to know how it attacks you and how fast it moves, and if it can kill you, and how big it is, and what it is... Did I already say that?..." Yeah, she was just going to stop talking now. Whatever she had said probably hadn't sounded as good as she had hoped. She was a Ravenclaw, and apparently Ravenclaws were supposed to be able to use their wits, so whatever she did, she just hoped that it would be something smart. This was much more interesting to think about than cats and what the professor did when he was a cat. Wait, was this lesson going to involve being attacked by something big? Because when it was part of a class activity, what she would do if she was attacked usually involved crying or hiding in the corner.

This one...Miss Wright...talked a lot.

The Professor watched her ramble on for a bit, pausing as she ended just in case she decided she had more to add but when it seemed she was truly done, he gave his input. "Immobilizing is a good tactic yes. It helps if your attacker can no longer attack. Very good Miss Wright."

SPOILER!!: Gregoire
Quote:
Originally Posted by natethegreat View Post
Now then, back to answering the question the Professor had asked to them. Raising his hand, Gregoire stated "Professor, what I would do, unlike some of my...rather...lāche classmates, I would fight them myself. Simply by first taking their wand by using 'Expelliarmus'. Then I'd immobilize them with 'Immobulus' or if they were running at me I would use 'Stupefy'. After that, I would then proceed to make sure they weren't going to be moving anytime soon so that way I could ask them why they tried to attack me. If they were a person of course. If it was a creature, I'd hand it over to the care of our Care of Magical Creatures Professor." (lache= coward) You see, unlike some of his classmates *cough* KYROH *cough*, Gregoire fought his own battles. Despite his injuries, the piercing, icy blue eyed French Snake would still fight by himself, and only himself. It would hurt like hell to do it, but the boy would not give up on fighting.

That...was a LOT of steps to take. Should he have been writing them down as the boy went along? Merlin, he didn't think he'd have bothered if all of that needed to be included. It was also quite refreshing that he'd make a remark about his classmates in that regard given the colour of his robes but the Professor said nothing except, "There's no shame in running...most times." Some times even he had to admit it was ridiculous. There was one spell in particular that had him perk up a bit. "Stupefy could help as well, yes."

SPOILER!!: Puck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post

Bianca had said hi kitty? Puck thought as she sat in her seat eyes wide in fear. Her eyes were burning and itching her skin felt hot…itchy, it was like she was on fire or someone had their face into a pile of pepper but they hadn’t. “Oh I don’t feel well” she complained and twitched her nose slightly.

haaaaaaaachoooo!

She sniffled once more and tried to rub her face again. Her sinuses felt like they were ticklish again. She groaned and frowned slightly. Professor Quigley was obviously an attractive guy but being in his class was making her feel like her face was itching.

She frowned and simply watched the Professor talking as she wrote down her name on a piece of paper.

Eh.....eh....this one was spreading germs all over the place. Eh. Someone needed to do something about this and the Healer was along the next corridor. "Do you need to be excused Miss Greyvson?" The door was right there, just saying. Healer Murdoch might be happy for the company.

SPOILER!!: Marigold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCharm104 View Post
As for his question… the real answer for her was probably to run away, but instead she raised her hand and offered a different opinion. "Defend yourself? With protego, or maybe even some offensive spells." Instead of defensive, y'know.

"Both good answers Miss McAllister." And he appreciated her suggestion for offensive magic. Defense was down another floor or two and he wasn't trying to put anyone out of a job.

SPOILER!!: Dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post

She wiggled in her seat at his question and considered whether he meant what would SHE do or what should a person in general do. Because those were different answers. A person in general should use a spell or be clever or learn to fight.

And a Dot was a different story. She raised her hand. "Scream. Scream and probably die, unfortunately."

*Deadpan*

Right then. "I...um...Miss Wojack...I need you to promise me that you won't die while I'm around." This included during his lessons. She almost had him rethinking the whole second half because well...DYING wasn't exactly on the agenda and now she'd brought it up. He'd already broken a student's arm, what if things only went downhill from there?

SPOILER!!: Grayson
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionesclone View Post

The question? Er. Wasn't the answer pretty simple? "Try and save my neck, first and foremost," he said, his hand in the air, "If it's MUCH bigger than you and you KNOW that you can't defeat it, trying to do so is pretty stupid. In that case, trying to defend yourself against the attack is crucial and then I'd try and distract it so that I can run away to a safe spot until I come up with a plan." A plan that would succeed, mind you. "If you stand a chance, attacking it until your dealt with it is a good plan." Shrug.

Ha. Haha. HAHAHA. "Very good Mister Whitlock." He had to compose himself. It shouldn't have been so funny or so accurate but hah! Ahem. "Distractions are usually a good idea as well." He liked this one.

SPOILER!!: Zander omg XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post

No. If he wanted to reaaaally impress the guy, he'd probably have to say something related to charms. HA. Zander was SO on top of this 'impressing the new Professor thing'!! "You've got to wave your wand and um, say some kind of charm so that you can um, yeah," BEEEAAAAAAAM. Right? Riiiiiiiight? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight? Cause this was charms and he totally connected two and two together. Brilliant he was. Absolutely.

Stare. STARE.

Was the Prefect trying to be amusing? Wave your wand? Say some kind of charm? Maddox deadpanned at him, obviously not approving of such a bland and generic response. "A little more effort would be appreciated Mister Adair. We wave wands and cast charms all the time. Will a cleaning charm save you? Perhaps a cooking charm?"

Seriously kid? Seeeriously?

SPOILER!!: Benjamin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post

After adding the finished name tag to his robe as directed, Ben tried to think on the best answer to the question posed to them. At least his more certain reaction to the situation at hand. "I would evade for the moment as I decided on a next move," he finally answered after raising his hand.

"Evasion, yes, very good Mister Atreyu." The Prefect could take a page from his book, or anyone else's for that matter. Actual answers, these were the kind he appreciated.

SPOILER!!: Zhenya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
Now… what did she do when something bigger than she attacked her? Hmm… She raised her hand slowly, waiting then replied "Professor Quigley," blush, "I yell at them. And maybe… maybe hit them." Maybe. Well, mostly. That one time, anyway. But mostly yelling and screaming. Draw attention, then the big bully usually backs off. Should do, anyway. If that doesn't work, she might hit them, or kick them. Something like that.

Maddox crinkled his brows as he watched this one go deep in thought. It was only the discussion...nothing to really get into just yet. He might have called to her to snap her out of it but thankfully Miss Burton snapped out of it on her own and fell right into the task of name writing and question answering.

"I'm not sure how screaming would help Miss Burton, but fair answer none the less." He had only been curious as to their reactions. There was no right or wrong answer about it.

SPOILER!!: Janelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer11 View Post
"Well, if it was someone bigger than I am......I'd figure that I might be faster than them. So if I thought I could get away, I'd run as fast as I could." Seeing that this was Charms class, Janelle made a little addition to her answer. "But, if I had learned some great charms, I'd use one of those to protect myself or fight back."

He scratched his chin as he considered the response of the young Ravenclaw. "...Running...yes...running--if you truly are faster--would do you a world of good." Better than throwing punches too given her small size. It would only prove to be a gross disadvantage to her.

SPOILER!!: Puck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post

Puck was still sneezing a bit only light little ones here and there from the cat hair that was still in the air. “Prof-fee-ee-“ she hachooo, “Professor you could probably shrink the attacker down to your size by using the shrinking charm” she suggested and grinned. “Redu-oooooh-oooohachoooo” she sniffed and frowned slightly. “Reducio.”

There were things she had to do after class:
1. Make Anti-allergen Potion
2. Take Anti-allergen Potion
3. Avoid cats and cat professor until the time that the potion is taken

"Miss Greyvson, I insist, if you're sick you may want to see the Healer." Before she got everyone else sick too. Where was her humanity?? Did she want them all dead as if you could die from a cold.

"But no...not exactly. Reducio acts as the counter-charm to the charm engorgio. It would shrink what the other spell made bigger. The one you're looking for is 'Diminuendo'. It shrinks objects from their original size without it first having been enlargened." But they would be getting into that a bit later.

SPOILER!!: Kace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expecto-Penguin View Post
After he wrote it down and placed the name tag on his desk, he heard the prof's question and his name. Huh...his name was Quigley. Interesting name and it made him chuckle a bit. He thought of the logical answer and raised his hand, "Professor you just dodge out of the way till you can cast a spell?"

"If you're referring to evasion then yes, Mister Lecium, that is a viable option when being attacked." He would have preferred some specifics on the spell to be cast but this was fine too. It wasn't really the point of the lesson and wouldn't affect much of anything.

SPOILER!!: Hayden
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post
What to do if they were being attacked by someone bigger than them. Turn into a cat? The answer floated sarcastically through her mind, but of course she would never say that. Another, more serious, answer also came to mind right away. She knew what she would actually do if she was attacked, by anything of any size actually. So Hayden raised her hand. "Run away." There was a reason she wasn't a Gryffindor.

"Absolutely." He said with a solemn nod. Hey, they couldn't all be heroes and running never hurt anyone...unless you ran into the danger but that was another case entirely. Maddox didn't typically run but that didn't mean he hadn't grown an appreciation for those that did. "And thank you for the apple Miss Malone." Because he'd seen that as well.

SPOILER!!: Heather
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
That done, she waited out the professors stare about the apples (nope, none on her and she wasn't really a kiss up so...) until he finally got to the question. "It'd depend on how they were attacking me, really. If it was from behind, I'd probably just scream at the top of my lungs for help. If it was from the front, I'd either fire a spell at their shins or kick them there and then beat it." Because no one wants to beat a beat it. Or so says one of her late father's favorite songs, anyway. Not to mention that while she may be in Gryffindor house, she wasn't quite as brave as a typical Gryffindor, at least not enough to go up against someone or something larger than herself.

Did it surprise him that she'd go that route? Not really. The class wasn't loaded with heroes but it wasn't lacking in that department either. "A fighter, I can respect that. Thank you Miss Xanthopoulos." Greek. Fancy.

SPOILER!!: Mitchell
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post

"Make sure the girlfriend is at a safe distance away." he blurted out.

Well. At least that would score girlfriend points. Eh.

"Then try to find some sort of weakness." Everything had a weakness. "Or rethink my life." Assuming he deserved to be in that sort of position.

Wow. Maddox gave a single clap for this one. "Admirable of you Mister..." Oh...was it only Mitchell? Maddox leaned over glancing at his class list for the last name. Op, here we go. "Phillips."

He allowed a chuckle though. Rethinking his life. Hah. Maybe.

SPOILER!!: Evie
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post

She thought about it for a moment before raising her hand. "I would try to protect myself and then find its weak spots and attempt to injure it. Assuming I wouldn't be able to outrun the creature at its full strength." Because she didn't want to die OR kill whatever the creature was.

And before she forgot, she took the name tag and wrote down her name on it and placed it under her left shoulder for the professor to see.

"Weak spots are always something to be looked out for." Something he hoped everyone was making note of, especially the ones that insisted on fighting. If you were gonna fight, you at least had to do it right so you wouldn't get yourself killed. "Thank you for that, Miss Shacklebolt."

SPOILER!!: Thornton
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbiguouslyMe View Post
The answers being shared by his classmates were all ones that Thornton supposed could be appropriate ways to respond. His personal instinct was the remove himself from that situation with all haste, or, failing that, a shield charm. He offered neither of these thoughts aloud, however, as so many had been suggested.

Maybe it was the fact he was sitting next to Mister Toussaint who was intentionally choosing to answer but the Professor couldn't help but find this boy's silence to be suspicious. Was this some kind of group effort? Hate the Professor, strike out in his class? Well that was good on them. He wouldn't be forcing anyone in this class. There was only so much he could do.

SPOILER!!: Angel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry174 View Post
Angel stuck the name tag on and the raised her hand as he asked a question. "Professor you could always try and talk your way out of the situation." Angel smiled, either that or sing I will survive and hope the person didn't like your singing.

"Talking, as your classmates mentioned, could prove very useful. Thank you Miss Valentine." A lot of talkers in this class...but a lot more willing to throw a couple punches. The activity should be interesting.

SPOILER!!: Sophie
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeheeheeny View Post

She was waiting for his first mistake AND not answering his question, even though she wanted to point out that it was important to know WHY they were being attacked and WHAT was attacking them and what KIND of attack it was. Was it a creature or human? Was it an attack to harm or kill? Was it a physical or magical attack, the latter in which the size of the opponent wouldn't matter much? Or was it an attack using PILLOWS in a FRIENDLY WAR? Not all attacks were with completely ill intentions. So, instead of answering aloud and questioning the guy and drawing the attention toward her, she wrote all these thoughts down. All of it.

And the silence continued.

Nothing he could do about that except hope...Miss Brown (yes, thank you name tag) would choose to participate a little later on. Yup. There was always that hope.

SPOILER!!: Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by slytherus View Post

Now, what would he do if something big attacks him? Run for his life, obviously! And find a safe place to hide. But what if he is already under attack? He wanted to say scream (he would scream for his brother), but thought better of not humiliating himself in his first class at Hogwarts. He puts up his hand and says "Try to distract it," he pauses. "And then run."

Another to be added to the runners. "Diversions are usually a good way to raise your chances when running. Very good Mister Weller."

SPOILER!!: Cahira
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonea View Post
But his question… Hmm, she didn’t had thought about it before but… It was a good question! Slowly she raised her hand and spoke; “At first I will try to sneak away or to distract that person, and if that isn’t working then I will send my rat at that person, Nabber is really dangerous and he can bite you really hard if he want to” spoke Cahira thoughtfully… Knowing that she still wasn’t good enough to use magic and… She even didn’t knew how to start!

Wait what? "Um...I'm not sure it's ever fully occured to you Miss Jones but...big things squish rats before their jaws can open to bite." He didn't say it to be cruel but it was a fact. Rats...weren't usually the best defense against BIG things.

SPOILER!!: Noah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabben View Post
*Sitting in his seat Noah looked around at the other students. But was quickly brought back to the front by a crunching sound. Apples... Was the charms professor really munching on an apple right now? Interesting... Grabbing a name tag he filled it out and placed Noah Jack Gardner on his chest. Then he almost burst out laughing at the first question. What kind of a question was that? Raising his hand he said,*

"You obviously protect yourself then fight it off, unless you're a coward and run away."

It was interesting he'd say that and it left the Professor with his own question and a very serious expression. "Do only cowards run, Mister Gardener? Do only brave people fight"

SPOILER!!: Brooklyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post

Picking up the tag that had landed on her desk, she took a second to write her name on it.

Now that that was finished, she stuck it to her robes, then turned blue eyes back to the professor at the question. “I would fight back. Obviously whoever it was wouldn’t have known who they were up against,” she answered. People were stupid if they tried to go up against her anyway. She’d find their weakness and then take advantage of it.

Contrary to her choice of words, fighting wasn't always the obvious answer. There were some things that were just way above your skill level and fighting was dumber than running. "Thank you Miss Andrews, though I do hope you consider that fights aren't the only way out." In the case of beasts, it might do you some good, but fleeing might do better.

SPOILER!!: Dante
Quote:
Originally Posted by the fastest seeker View Post

Now to answer his question, Dante paused thinking of an answer before raising his hand. "I'd take that to my advantage. Because the bigger, the slower." He had experience in that department.

Next, a nametag was slapped on his uniform.

"An excellent point Mister Malloy. Bigger things do tend to be slower, with the obvious exceptions of course. Thank you." Four footed big things were still fast, something to bear in mind, the agile ones anyway.

SPOILER!!: Bianca
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRaven View Post

Well, when she was still little she had Gary and/or Bryan who would always protected her from the bully since she was a tiny little girl. But now? She could fight for herself. "Maybe I tried to fight them back or... scream for help if fighting back was too dangerous." She answered as she raised her hand. She would definitely scream for help.

"I like the point you brought up Miss Rush." He couldn't remember if anyone else had but it was to be noted. "Asking for help is sometimes the best thing to do if you can." Perfectly understandable if there was NO help but no need to be too proud if you didn't have to. Coming from a Gryffindor, that was hilarious but there you had it. Maddox was the smarter Gryffindor.

SPOILER!!: Kevin XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Apart from almost everyone else's shocked reacting to the cat being the Professor once he transfigurated himself back to human form, Kevin was actually LAUGHING the moment he did. "NO WAY! NONONO!" He shouted through his laughing because this was all too good to be true. "You chose a CAT as an Animagus Form?!" okay, okaaay he was calm! He took a deep breath in and then bursted out laughing again because obviously the Gryffindor had a inside joke at the moment. "What? They called you 'scaredy cat' all the time you figured you'd just BE one for real?" Yes he was totally talking about him being SCARED to bungeejump from the Gryffindor tower.

Professor whatever-your-name-is , you are officialy on Kevin's target list. Congratulations. But to answer the question, the boy simply leaned back in his chair, rocking it on two legs as he did so. "Just go head on" he answered without a moment thinking. "If someone wants a fight no matter how big they are , they get a fight. Oh and you know what they say, the bigger the opponent the harder he falls down" griiiiin. He then set up the name tag he had made earlier and went back to rocking his chair.

Maddox smiled but the way he did made it feel anything but warm an welcoming as there was a certain chill to it. "When you're done blushing up a storm at the words of Miss Bayless, Mister Hirase, allow me to educate you a little on how animagi training works." But nothing much because it was found in Transfiguration and they had to move on soon. "One does not choose the form they take, much like one does not choose one's patronus. Cats are deceptive, agile and stealthy." Just so happened he was the same. no complaints here.

And of course he would choose to fight no matter what the situation. Of course. "Thank you for your input."

SPOILER!!: Aubrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStar View Post
Right, well... she needed to take a seat. It was then that she noticed Adi, Benny, and Angel. They all got smiles and she plopped down next to her boyfriend. The first question asked was pretty easy. AJ raised her hand. "I wouldn't back down. I would use any means necessary. I would punch, kick, scratch, stomp toes and whatever else was needed. Besides being lower to the ground has its advantages. You could weave around him without any problems and bite ankles if need be." Was a different answer expected from her?

Er...what...?

"I'm sorry Miss Valentine, but as I just explained to your classmate, one cannot choose the form their animagus state takes. It's dependent on the persons own attributes. There may be illusion spells I could go over with you," after class as she'd said, "but that's about it. You wouldn't truly be a unicorn." Sorry kid.

Aaaand she was another fighter. Score another one for the red team. They were going all over with their violence today. Merlin he missed his house as foolhardy as they proved to be. "Thank you Miss Valentine."

SPOILER!!: Margo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy-Boo View Post
And then he asked about bigger and scarier things right? Raising her hand high so she wasn't breaking any rules Margo said. "I run away frankly" She added, thinking of all the BIG lakes and ponds that scared her to death. She ran away, if she was just being honest. That was another reason she was ready to be a witch. So she could stop running away when things scared her.

Running. "Yes!" He should have been keeping score, just to see how many runners vs fighters he had in this class. If memory served, the numbers evened out...with maybe a little more keen on running than fighting.

Huh. Fancy that. "Thank you Miss Holiday."

SPOILER!!: Nicole
Quote:
Originally Posted by isSeeker View Post

She did not bring an apple to class. She broke a rule, and it was her first ever lesson at Hogwarts! The second year was glad the professor was not mad at the people who did not bring apples, but he seemed disappointed. Or so she thought. She took a mental note to always bring an apple to Charms lessons.

"I would try to defend myself - either with my wand, or the muggle way," Nicole answered. Note how she said 'try to'; if her attempt failed, she would proceed to plan B - run.

A bit vague for his taste but it was an answer nonetheless. Defense was always something to consider when being attacked and thus not being on the offensive. "Thank you Miss Holloway, and yes, muggle means can prove useful too depending on the situation."

SPOILER!!: Gabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govoni View Post
SPOILER!!: Charms notebook!
Gabriel P. Banner
Ravenclaw Fifth Year
September 3, 2085
Charms classroom

Charms Lesson 1: ??
Cat into human

What should one do when attacked by someone bigger?
Run.

As for verbally offering an answer, no. Gabe wasn't really....feeling too talkative today. New professor...and being unfamiliar with him...There was some warming up that he had to do first.

If it was any consolation to the man at all, at least the boy was taking notes. Some that remained quiet weren't even doing that. So yeah, thank you Mister Banner. Hope for the silent right there.

SPOILER!!: Tia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post

First question. After taking a moment to consider it while her peers answered around her, the fourth year then raised her hand. "Well, Professor Quigley, it all depends on what the something is, if you are alone, stranded, if you have any resources you could use such as a wand or a book. There's other factors that one must consider besides size of the attacker. The who the attacker is, the what do you have, the where are you located, and so on..."

"Very," Ravenclaw, "clever Miss Mancini. All those things should be taken into consideration when under attack...however life doesn't always work that way and we can't guarantee we'll be as clear thinking as you when thrust into such a dangerous situation."

Pfft. 'Claws...or was he no longer allowed biases now that he was a Professor?

SPOILER!!: Norah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sararara View Post

Okay so. Not snuggle time, question time. What should she do if the attacker is bigger than her? EVERYONE was bigger than her. EXPERIENCE, she had it! Well, kind of. It wasn't that hard to figure out, anyway. Norah raised her hand and answered, "You've got to use their size against them to win, 'cause being little can be in your favor too." Did everybody HEAR that? Being little could be in your favor. So there. Didn't stop her from wanting to grow but at least she could do things. "Like if they're bigger they probably weigh more, and you can use it against them to make them fall down. Or something..." That was probably not magical, but maybe it was. Who knew.

"A tactical approach Miss Kittredge, I like it." The idea of using its size against it instead of blindly rushing in with punches and kicks. Were they taking notes? This one made sense.

SPOILER!!: Noel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samia View Post

As for as the question, Noel thought for a minute before raising his hand and answering with a shrug: "You make yourself bigger" They were magic folk, they could do that right?

Hmmm "That might work, yes....if you did it right. But making yourself bigger might be problematic if you become clumsier as a result." Much like some of his classmates had deduced earlier.

SPOILER!!: Abby[QUOTE=Talikins;11708863

She then listened to his question and at once raised her hand and waited her turn. "Professor, I believe that dynamite comes in small packages. So simply I'd just show it what dynamite can do and blow it up to pieces?" Show it who was boss. DUH. That's what you had to do with any situation like that. Or was he looking for a more charming answer, considering this was charms. Punny..or just lame. Either way in that case, she assumed you could charm it to be either smaller or even powerless in some way, like what those kids were saying about shrinking it and that immobolus charm.[/QUOTE]

Dynamite. Gryffindor. Yup. It all made perfect sense. At her age he'd have opted for some dynamite too though now it was a little harsh on his ears. Shame that. "Explosions do get the job done. Very good Miss Campbell." Outside the box too, the regular box anyway.

SPOILER!!: Chance
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceCoeur View Post
Listening to the instructions, Chance wrote down his name in his chicken scratch handwriting and mumbled an answer incoherently. "Stun them with my insanely good looks to distract them, and then 'stupify' them." Easy. Simple. He wins. He wins Professor!!

"That defense is completely subjective Mister Coeur and I don't recommend you leaning on it unless your opponent finds you irresistibly attractive. As the case maybe be, they could find you more appetizing than anything else." But on the bright side, it could figure it was eating a gorgeous boy and would brag about it to all its friends later. See the problem? "Stupefy, however, is a good choice."

SPOILER!!: Hugh
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanficfanatict View Post

Though, since they all had magic, he figured a SMARTER course of action, had they all been of age when the said attack occurred, would have been apparating. Ahhh Magic.

He didn't say that, anyway. His mind, now, was too preoccupied with the logistics of his answer to even get it out.

It seemed the last of the discussion would be ending with the silent tripper from earlier. It wasn't a problem. Nah, a lot of them had been silent. So long as he wasn't looking confused about this class and life in general, the could move on.

He'd finished an apple by the time he got to the end of the student responses. The core was vanished at which point he snatched up another from his desk and bit into it. This one was just as good. Then again...they'd all come from the kitchen, hadn't they? Unless there was an orchard he should know about. Hmm, something to look into--but he was digressing.

"Now in case any of you are wondering," because there was always that one kid, "no, I'm not teaching a class on defense. It was just a question I thought to be fitting given the charm we'll be learning today." He paused to watch the chalk scribble the word 'Diminuendo' on an empty portion of the board.

"A few of you mentioned shrinking the attacker, or cutting its height or something else related to the size and that is what we're going to be looking at today. Crunch. "Before we get into it however, I'd like you to tell me one thing you know about this charm or an example of when you'd need to use it, outside of leveling the playing field with a massive opponent." Because they'd just gone through that...extensively it would seem.

Wow, okay so this post took way longer than I thought it would, sorry about that. Next post will be in maybe 10 hours? Sometime around 11 pm GMT-5 I hope.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.