sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > United Kingdom

United Kingdom Magic can be found everywhere throughout the United Kingdom. Just be mindful of the Muggles who are out and about.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-12-2018, 09:15 AM
sweetpinkpixie sweetpinkpixie is offline
 
Default St. James's Park


Tucked amid London's busy streets and buildings, being a roughly six-minute walk from the Ministry entrances, is St. James's Park. Covering 57 acres and featuring a small lake with two islands, there is plenty to explore. Entering the park from Horse Guards Road to the east, one will find themselves near a park pavilion and quaint cottage. From the Mall to the north is a gate kiosk, drinking fountain, and a tiny coffee shop. Walking far enough west, one will stumble upon the Vitoria Memorial, Buckingham Palace, and the park's playground. The rest of the park provides a number of trails and a bridge that gives access across the lake from the south end of the park to the north.

On a sunny day, the park is a perfect getaway, especially during one's lunch break or after clocking out of work. It is is an excellent place to have a picnic under the shade of a tree, enjoy watching the waterfowl and resident colony of pelicans idly swimming in the lake, or go for a stroll or a run along the trails with a friend before having to venture back into the loud, bustling city.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 04:43 AM   #226 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS & DMLE
Pygmy Puff
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,272

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mamie Turov
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default Samia!
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Gabriel was not the biggest fan of running, but he supposed he needed practice to be an Auror someday. He had to be able to chase down the bad guys, right? Ear warmers pulled down over his ears (thanks mother) and gloves to keep his hands warm, and he was even dressed for cold weather running.

Now he just had to get started. Taking a few breaths and stretching a few more muscles, he tried to psych himself up. Running. Yeah. He jumped vertically twice, then started jogging toward one of the trails. Yes. He could do this. He'd be done in no time.
__________________
Waddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 12:40 PM   #227 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod



DMLE & DoM
Erkling
 
Samia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: sappyville♥
Posts: 20,678

Hogwarts RPG Name:
June Flamsteed
Graduated

Student Character:
Aries Flamsteed
First Year
Gryffindor
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Missa Renaldi
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Hazen Krum
Mysteries
Default
*sappysapper* MAJNOO, YO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Gabriel was not the biggest fan of running, but he supposed he needed practice to be an Auror someday. He had to be able to chase down the bad guys, right? Ear warmers pulled down over his ears (thanks mother) and gloves to keep his hands warm, and he was even dressed for cold weather running.

Now he just had to get started. Taking a few breaths and stretching a few more muscles, he tried to psych himself up. Running. Yeah. He jumped vertically twice, then started jogging toward one of the trails. Yes. He could do this. He'd be done in no time.
Missa was at the park too. But not for the same reason as him, she was there to enjoy her morning coffee - and just watch everyone, to be honest. Sometimes it was the best kind of entertainment.

So, naturally, her eyes fell on him too. And although it had only been a few days, she figured she should maybe get to know him by now.

But for now - she sipped her coffee, and watched him run. This simple task could also be very telling, you know.
__________________

......................let's be reckless, unaffected, running out until we're breathless
...............let's be hopeful, don't get broken, and stay caught up in the moment

Samia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 02:40 AM   #228 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS & DMLE
Pygmy Puff
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,272

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mamie Turov
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samia View Post
Missa was at the park too. But not for the same reason as him, she was there to enjoy her morning coffee - and just watch everyone, to be honest. Sometimes it was the best kind of entertainment.

So, naturally, her eyes fell on him too. And although it had only been a few days, she figured she should maybe get to know him by now.

But for now - she sipped her coffee, and watched him run. This simple task could also be very telling, you know.
Gabriel was a very boring runner. No flailing of limbs, very normal rhythm to his gait. He didn't even have to stop to tie his shoes because he'd found a charm to prevent them from inadvertently coming untied. The most interesting thing about his run was that he had his head on a bit of a swivel so that if there were bikers or faster runners coming up behind him he wouldn't get startled.

One foot in front of the other, then--whoop! He tripped over a tree root that he would've sworn hadn't been sticking up that far thirty seconds ago.

He was back on his feet nearly immediately, but stayed put for a few minutes as he took stock of any new bruises. And checked for more tree roots along the path. Hopefully none of the other park-goers had seen his little tumble.
__________________
Waddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 04:07 AM   #229 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod



DMLE & DoM
Erkling
 
Samia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: sappyville♥
Posts: 20,678

Hogwarts RPG Name:
June Flamsteed
Graduated

Student Character:
Aries Flamsteed
First Year
Gryffindor
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Missa Renaldi
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Hazen Krum
Mysteries
Default
*sappysapper* MAJNOO, YO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Gabriel was a very boring runner. No flailing of limbs, very normal rhythm to his gait. He didn't even have to stop to tie his shoes because he'd found a charm to prevent them from inadvertently coming untied. The most interesting thing about his run was that he had his head on a bit of a swivel so that if there were bikers or faster runners coming up behind him he wouldn't get startled.

One foot in front of the other, then--whoop! He tripped over a tree root that he would've sworn hadn't been sticking up that far thirty seconds ago.

He was back on his feet nearly immediately, but stayed put for a few minutes as he took stock of any new bruises. And checked for more tree roots along the path. Hopefully none of the other park-goers had seen his little tumble.
Missa had definitely seen him tumble and hidden her amused smile behind her cup of coffee too.

Feeling guilty for being amused, she called out - though she was sure it was completely unnecessary, "you alright there?"

"Didn't hurt yourself, did you?" she asked, taking another sip of her coffee.
__________________

......................let's be reckless, unaffected, running out until we're breathless
...............let's be hopeful, don't get broken, and stay caught up in the moment

Samia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 02:41 AM   #230 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS & DMLE
Pygmy Puff
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,272

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mamie Turov
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Only two new bruises, and nothing too painful. It's the little things. He breathed a silent sigh of relief at the conclusion that he was essentially unhurt.

He turned as he heard someone calling to him. Oh...great...it was another YATI...a lady, too. He turned bright red. So someone had seen him. He thought about jogging over to her, but given his track record today, that seemed like a poor idea. He walked instead.

"I am unhurt," he said as he neared. "Only embarrassed, I'm afraid..." Go on, make him less embarrassed, lady. It wouldn't take much. "That tree root really came from nowhere."
__________________
Waddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 06:37 PM   #231 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DMAC
Giant
 
Zoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 57,019

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cornelia Hemlock
First Year
x8 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Dante Zabini
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default Continued from the Ministry.
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
David was starting to feel anxious again as the minutes ticked away and there was no sign of the obliviator. See, this was why he normally kept his problems to himself. Why get help? Why rely on others? They would just let you d---

"Mister Zabini," he almost LOUDLY sighed in relief as the other man popped up with a simple greeting. Oh thank Merlin. David didn't show this relief on his face though, merely glancing at the obliviator for a moment as he exhaled to himself. "Let's walk and talk." David was feeling so relieved that he just needed to calm down a minute and, as his friend Jessica had taught him, the fresh air did wonders for clearing the mind and they were also less likely to be eavesdropped upon that way.

David led the way toward the doors to outside. "Are you opposed to walking to St. James's Park?" It was less than ten minutes away. Surely he wouldn't mind?
Was he opposed to walking the park? No. Was he a bit annoyed about having to go back out of the Ministry after having just got back in? Slightly. While Dante silently shook his head, he was mentally grumbling about how they could have just met at the park. Nevertheless, there he was walking toward a Ministry exit.

Fortunately for him, he was used to going in and out of the Ministry at random times throughout the day. So the sight of him leaving would not have been anything out of the ordinary. It was easily something he could chalk up as an out-of-office assignment. As for the Unspeakable, well, coming up with a reason for him to be out of the office wasn't the Frenchman's problem.

Retreiving a memory regarding sensitive material from Level Nine, though, now was his problem. But it was a problem that he was welcoming, considering he'd inevitably be privy to whatever needed to be retrieved. Thoughts ran through his mind as he walked through the Muggle streets in silence, patiently waiting for Truebridge to speak first on the matter.
__________________

Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 03:18 AM   #232 (permalink)


Dark Force Defense League


MO & DoM
Banshee
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gotham [GMT-5]
Posts: 50,784

Hogwarts RPG Name:
William W. Williamson
Graduated

Student Character:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Fifth Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Evil Twin | #DancingQueen | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post

Was he opposed to walking the park? No. Was he a bit annoyed about having to go back out of the Ministry after having just got back in? Slightly. While Dante silently shook his head, he was mentally grumbling about how they could have just met at the park. Nevertheless, there he was walking toward a Ministry exit.

Fortunately for him, he was used to going in and out of the Ministry at random times throughout the day. So the sight of him leaving would not have been anything out of the ordinary. It was easily something he could chalk up as an out-of-office assignment. As for the Unspeakable, well, coming up with a reason for him to be out of the office wasn't the Frenchman's problem.

Retreiving a memory regarding sensitive material from Level Nine, though, now was his problem. But it was a problem that he was welcoming, considering he'd inevitably be privy to whatever needed to be retrieved. Thoughts ran through his mind as he walked through the Muggle streets in silence, patiently waiting for Truebridge to speak first on the matter.
The thing was, David had not planned to select this exact meeting spot nor did he want to mention it in front of the other employee on Level 3. It would be best if as few people as possible were involved in this business. So... here they were.

"Mister Zabini, thank you for helping me," David started softly. "I need to recover a memory. For context, this incident happened a few weeks ago. I believe I was working in...a certain area on Level 9, and then suddenly, I was being woken up by another employee, and I was on the ground. The only clues were that I had white gloves on. I don't recall going into this...area...nor what I was doing there, and there was nothing around that I was working on."

He glanced at the other man to gauge his reaction. "It's very important that I discover what I saw last before I lost my memory, whether it was... an object or a person who did this to me...." It was important to him that he discovered who and how this had happened. "I've already tried memory potions and other spells to try to recall the events of that day, but they're completely blank except for what happened after the Unspeakable found me."

Could he help him? David tried not to let the worry show on his face, but he was definitely worried.
__________________

don't make me get violent I want my ring back, baby, that's a diamond______________________________
__________________
you don't listen anyways, I'll be quiet I don't really feel like fighting__________________

BanaBatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 03:15 AM   #233 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DMAC
Giant
 
Zoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 57,019

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cornelia Hemlock
First Year
x8 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Dante Zabini
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
The thing was, David had not planned to select this exact meeting spot nor did he want to mention it in front of the other employee on Level 3. It would be best if as few people as possible were involved in this business. So... here they were.

"Mister Zabini, thank you for helping me," David started softly. "I need to recover a memory. For context, this incident happened a few weeks ago. I believe I was working in...a certain area on Level 9, and then suddenly, I was being woken up by another employee, and I was on the ground. The only clues were that I had white gloves on. I don't recall going into this...area...nor what I was doing there, and there was nothing around that I was working on."

He glanced at the other man to gauge his reaction. "It's very important that I discover what I saw last before I lost my memory, whether it was... an object or a person who did this to me...." It was important to him that he discovered who and how this had happened. "I've already tried memory potions and other spells to try to recall the events of that day, but they're completely blank except for what happened after the Unspeakable found me."

Could he help him? David tried not to let the worry show on his face, but he was definitely worried.
Fortunately it didn't take very long for the Unspeakable to begin sharing his urgent concern. As they continued to walk, Dante remained silent, listening very intently on what Truebridge had to say. The events that the man was describing, or trying to describe, definitely didn't seem normal, even for Mysteries. The Frenchman, unlike his walking companion, wasn't worried; he found the whole ordeal rather intriguing. To him, it seemed like someone wanted to hide something. But who? Why? And did they not think to cover their tracks by implanting a false memory?

"It sounds like a Memory Charm was casted on you," he finally responded, his face remaining rather blank. "It would explain why your potions and spells didn't work." Though Dante wasn't aware of the man's skillset when it came to potions or spell casting, he was sure they would have worked for memories that were still in tact and even repressed. Restoring erased memories, however, was a very different matter.

"There are ways the charm can be broken," the Obliviator went on, "however, it isn't an easy feat and there are possible risks involved." The mind was a very complex thing, and the process of restoring erased memories was even more complex.
__________________

Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 11:55 PM   #234 (permalink)


Dark Force Defense League


MO & DoM
Banshee
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gotham [GMT-5]
Posts: 50,784

Hogwarts RPG Name:
William W. Williamson
Graduated

Student Character:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Fifth Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Evil Twin | #DancingQueen | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Fortunately it didn't take very long for the Unspeakable to begin sharing his urgent concern. As they continued to walk, Dante remained silent, listening very intently on what Truebridge had to say. The events that the man was describing, or trying to describe, definitely didn't seem normal, even for Mysteries. The Frenchman, unlike his walking companion, wasn't worried; he found the whole ordeal rather intriguing. To him, it seemed like someone wanted to hide something. But who? Why? And did they not think to cover their tracks by implanting a false memory?

"It sounds like a Memory Charm was casted on you," he finally responded, his face remaining rather blank. "It would explain why your potions and spells didn't work." Though Dante wasn't aware of the man's skillset when it came to potions or spell casting, he was sure they would have worked for memories that were still in tact and even repressed. Restoring erased memories, however, was a very different matter.

"There are ways the charm can be broken," the Obliviator went on, "however, it isn't an easy feat and there are possible risks involved." The mind was a very complex thing, and the process of restoring erased memories was even more complex.
David sighed audibly at the Obliviator's response. A memory charm. This had been his greatest fear, but one he had suspected all along. In his pocket, his hand clenched into a tense fist. Who could have done this to him? And why?! He needed answers. He deserved answers. This was the real mystery of the Department of Mysteries: Who was the maniac running around their floor and wiping the minds of the employees? Or was he the only victim?!

David tried to calm himself. He'd been expecting this unfortunate answer and tensely replied, "Go on." Inform him of the risks. He needed to hear it from an expert to determine if it was even worth pursuing further.
__________________

don't make me get violent I want my ring back, baby, that's a diamond______________________________
__________________
you don't listen anyways, I'll be quiet I don't really feel like fighting__________________

BanaBatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 01:44 AM   #235 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DMAC
Giant
 
Zoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 57,019

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cornelia Hemlock
First Year
x8 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Dante Zabini
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
David sighed audibly at the Obliviator's response. A memory charm. This had been his greatest fear, but one he had suspected all along. In his pocket, his hand clenched into a tense fist. Who could have done this to him? And why?! He needed answers. He deserved answers. This was the real mystery of the Department of Mysteries: Who was the maniac running around their floor and wiping the minds of the employees? Or was he the only victim?!

David tried to calm himself. He'd been expecting this unfortunate answer and tensely replied, "Go on." Inform him of the risks. He needed to hear it from an expert to determine if it was even worth pursuing further.
The sigh didn't go unnoticed by Dante. He assumed Truebridge's sigh was one of defeat, and his predicament being cause of a Memory Charm was probably the last thing the man wanted to hear. But he had to give credit were credit was due: the man was taking this surprisingly well, or he was doing a good job at hiding his true feelings. Either was worth respecting.

A brief paused followed after the words 'go on' were uttered. It was almost as if the Obliviator was giving the Unspeakable a chance to back out of his request for more details. This was only partially true, however. Dante was mostly taking a moment to think of how to carefully phrase his words.

"In contrast to breaking false memory spells and forgetfulness potions, the effort to break a Memory Charm can be mentally and physically tolling on a person. The degree of which depends on the precision of the original caster and the efforts used to counter their spell," he replied, his tone rather neutral. "There are various memory restoration methods that can be used, though determining which are most effective on an individual may take some time and will need to be done with care. One cannot guarantee full restoration of erased memories, Mr. Truebridge; however, the possibility is there."
__________________

Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 03:27 AM   #236 (permalink)


Dark Force Defense League


MO & DoM
Banshee
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gotham [GMT-5]
Posts: 50,784

Hogwarts RPG Name:
William W. Williamson
Graduated

Student Character:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Fifth Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Evil Twin | #DancingQueen | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
The sigh didn't go unnoticed by Dante. He assumed Truebridge's sigh was one of defeat, and his predicament being cause of a Memory Charm was probably the last thing the man wanted to hear. But he had to give credit were credit was due: the man was taking this surprisingly well, or he was doing a good job at hiding his true feelings. Either was worth respecting.

A brief paused followed after the words 'go on' were uttered. It was almost as if the Obliviator was giving the Unspeakable a chance to back out of his request for more details. This was only partially true, however. Dante was mostly taking a moment to think of how to carefully phrase his words.

"In contrast to breaking false memory spells and forgetfulness potions, the effort to break a Memory Charm can be mentally and physically tolling on a person. The degree of which depends on the precision of the original caster and the efforts used to counter their spell," he replied, his tone rather neutral. "There are various memory restoration methods that can be used, though determining which are most effective on an individual may take some time and will need to be done with care. One cannot guarantee full restoration of erased memories, Mr. Truebridge; however, the possibility is there."
David would never enter into something potentially dangerous without fulling heeding all warnings. It was like blindly signing a contract or agreeing to terms of use without fully reading it first. Who did that????

His brow narrowed as he listened to Zabini, taking in what he said and calculating it against what he knew of his own situation (which was, admittedly, not much). On the one hand, David could agree to the process to break the memory charm and then learn that it was really just a waste of time. On the other... he could find out something terrible and dangerous at the end of the process, some information that he wished he did not know. Then, of course, there was the third option, which was that this memory restoration effort would not work at all, and that all of this stress and conversation could be for naught.

David looked off, focusing on a blurry tree in the distance as they continued strolling through the park. "Of course," he replied finally, "everything you've said is consistent with my research." He just... typically did not make himself the subject of his own research. "Have you successfully restored many memories, Mister Zabini?" His gaze turned back to his fellow employee. "I would need to know more about the success rate and potential timeline for this... undertaking, before I agree to it."

And, er, if Zabini was still willing to attempt to restore his memory, of course. David could compensate the man for his effort, if it came to that.
__________________

don't make me get violent I want my ring back, baby, that's a diamond______________________________
__________________
you don't listen anyways, I'll be quiet I don't really feel like fighting__________________

BanaBatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 04:43 PM   #237 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DMAC
Giant
 
Zoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 57,019

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cornelia Hemlock
First Year
x8 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Dante Zabini
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
David would never enter into something potentially dangerous without fulling heeding all warnings. It was like blindly signing a contract or agreeing to terms of use without fully reading it first. Who did that????

His brow narrowed as he listened to Zabini, taking in what he said and calculating it against what he knew of his own situation (which was, admittedly, not much). On the one hand, David could agree to the process to break the memory charm and then learn that it was really just a waste of time. On the other... he could find out something terrible and dangerous at the end of the process, some information that he wished he did not know. Then, of course, there was the third option, which was that this memory restoration effort would not work at all, and that all of this stress and conversation could be for naught.

David looked off, focusing on a blurry tree in the distance as they continued strolling through the park. "Of course," he replied finally, "everything you've said is consistent with my research." He just... typically did not make himself the subject of his own research. "Have you successfully restored many memories, Mister Zabini?" His gaze turned back to his fellow employee. "I would need to know more about the success rate and potential timeline for this... undertaking, before I agree to it."

And, er, if Zabini was still willing to attempt to restore his memory, of course. David could compensate the man for his effort, if it came to that.
Normally when one mentioned that something wasn't easy or there were risks involved, most would have forgotten about it and carried on with their lives. But the fact that Truebridge wanted to know those details was telling. Whatever happened that day in Mysteries was worth knowing, and the entire situation was intriguing to say the least. He knew the Unspeakable were a secretive bunch, but this was a whole other level.

The Frenchman walked in silence has he gave time for the man to let his words sink in and come to his own decision. Since the man seemed to have been rather adamant about restoring his erased memories, it was safe to assume more questions would follow. It was no surprise to Dante when they came as they made their way through the park.

"My expertise primarily lies with memory erasure and modification," he informed the man. "However, I do have experience with memory restoration as part of my training. I have restored a handful of memories, all to varying degrees. Not quite full restoration, but enough to fill in the gaps. As for success rates and a potential timeline, it really is hard to say as it varies from person to person. Could be days, weeks, months -- it all really depends on the caster's precision of the Memory Charm, the effectiveness of the restoration method being used, and one's own willpower."

A slight pause followed before he spoke again. "I could always direct you to one of the memory restoration specialists within my department, if you would prefer that."
__________________

Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 02:12 AM   #238 (permalink)


Dark Force Defense League


MO & DoM
Banshee
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gotham [GMT-5]
Posts: 50,784

Hogwarts RPG Name:
William W. Williamson
Graduated

Student Character:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Fifth Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Evil Twin | #DancingQueen | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Normally when one mentioned that something wasn't easy or there were risks involved, most would have forgotten about it and carried on with their lives. But the fact that Truebridge wanted to know those details was telling. Whatever happened that day in Mysteries was worth knowing, and the entire situation was intriguing to say the least. He knew the Unspeakable were a secretive bunch, but this was a whole other level.

The Frenchman walked in silence has he gave time for the man to let his words sink in and come to his own decision. Since the man seemed to have been rather adamant about restoring his erased memories, it was safe to assume more questions would follow. It was no surprise to Dante when they came as they made their way through the park.

"My expertise primarily lies with memory erasure and modification," he informed the man. "However, I do have experience with memory restoration as part of my training. I have restored a handful of memories, all to varying degrees. Not quite full restoration, but enough to fill in the gaps. As for success rates and a potential timeline, it really is hard to say as it varies from person to person. Could be days, weeks, months -- it all really depends on the caster's precision of the Memory Charm, the effectiveness of the restoration method being used, and one's own willpower."

A slight pause followed before he spoke again. "I could always direct you to one of the memory restoration specialists within my department, if you would prefer that."
David listened as they walked, saying nothing, his expression betraying none of his thoughts. He could only contemplate the risks versus the favorable outcome, multiplied by the chances he'd be taking by trusting this man, divided by the expertise required...

"No," David answered without hesitation. "Please, this has to involve as few people as possible." He inhaled nervously, looked up to the trees, and then back to Zabini. "I will...think on this further. I cannot make such a decision on a whim, although this memory would aide me in my...work....immensely." He was being as vague as an Unspeakable could be. "Do you have a card so I could contact you personally? I would be willing to compensate you for your time and personal attention." This was said levelly, casually, as David stoically looked to the Obliviator.
__________________

don't make me get violent I want my ring back, baby, that's a diamond______________________________
__________________
you don't listen anyways, I'll be quiet I don't really feel like fighting__________________

BanaBatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 03:57 AM   #239 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DMAC
Giant
 
Zoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 57,019

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cornelia Hemlock
First Year
x8 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Dante Zabini
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
David listened as they walked, saying nothing, his expression betraying none of his thoughts. He could only contemplate the risks versus the favorable outcome, multiplied by the chances he'd be taking by trusting this man, divided by the expertise required...

"No," David answered without hesitation. "Please, this has to involve as few people as possible." He inhaled nervously, looked up to the trees, and then back to Zabini. "I will...think on this further. I cannot make such a decision on a whim, although this memory would aide me in my...work....immensely." He was being as vague as an Unspeakable could be. "Do you have a card so I could contact you personally? I would be willing to compensate you for your time and personal attention." This was said levelly, casually, as David stoically looked to the Obliviator.
Though by no means was he reading Truebridge's thoughts, he could tell that the man was listening very attentively and thinking. Sometimes silence spoke louder than actual words, and Dante was not unfamiliar to such a thing.

A nod of his head was given as a response when the man very quickly expressed his desire to not get anyone else involved in ... whatever had happened down in Mysteries. The nervous inhale and looking about was not hard to miss, but Dante made no comment about that. He simply let that observation settle in the with others he had made along with the assumptions he had about this particular predicament.

While questions and thoughts bounced about in his mind, the neutral expression the Obliviator was wearing remained unchanged. "Of course," he responded as he reached inside a pocket for one of his cards. Seconds later one was produced and held out to the Unspeakable. "When you have made a decision, let me know."
__________________

Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 12:02 AM   #240 (permalink)


Dark Force Defense League


MO & DoM
Banshee
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gotham [GMT-5]
Posts: 50,784

Hogwarts RPG Name:
William W. Williamson
Graduated

Student Character:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Fifth Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Evil Twin | #DancingQueen | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Though by no means was he reading Truebridge's thoughts, he could tell that the man was listening very attentively and thinking. Sometimes silence spoke louder than actual words, and Dante was not unfamiliar to such a thing.

A nod of his head was given as a response when the man very quickly expressed his desire to not get anyone else involved in ... whatever had happened down in Mysteries. The nervous inhale and looking about was not hard to miss, but Dante made no comment about that. He simply let that observation settle in the with others he had made along with the assumptions he had about this particular predicament.

While questions and thoughts bounced about in his mind, the neutral expression the Obliviator was wearing remained unchanged. "Of course," he responded as he reached inside a pocket for one of his cards. Seconds later one was produced and held out to the Unspeakable. "When you have made a decision, let me know."
If anything, David should have felt comforted by the fact that he had, unwittingly, selected an obliviator who valued silence as much as he did. This was a good sign that Zabini would keep this request between them.

He accepted the card with a nod that he would and continued toward on the path which was looping back to the Ministry now. "Thank you. I suppose we should head back." Before anything more worrisome happened in Mysteries, or before their absences appeared suspicious.
__________________

don't make me get violent I want my ring back, baby, that's a diamond______________________________
__________________
you don't listen anyways, I'll be quiet I don't really feel like fighting__________________

BanaBatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:00 PM   #241 (permalink)





MO & DMGS
Griffin
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,218

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cassiopeia Kitridge
Graduated

Student Character:
Gemma Kitridge
Third Year
Hufflepuff
x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Where she came up with this idea she had no clue. Two full grown adults bundled up walking in the park on a cold December day looking at Holiday lights. It seemed crazy, yet Victoria hoped a little romantic as well. She had been incredibly worried about Charles and with her final days at the ministry now past she was finding herself worrying even more with so much free time on her hands.

When the ministry was closed she was still busy with quidditch, busy with interviews, busy making sure all positions were filled, plus all the holiday crazy with her wonderful family, but this year, this year she was just worrying about family and things that she had no control over.

"Are you warm enough?" She had ahold of Charles arm, though she was cold, she felt the fresh air was doing her some good.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 05:35 AM   #242 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Co-DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,202

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
First Year
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Where she came up with this idea she had no clue. Two full grown adults bundled up walking in the park on a cold December day looking at Holiday lights. It seemed crazy, yet Victoria hoped a little romantic as well. She had been incredibly worried about Charles and with her final days at the ministry now past she was finding herself worrying even more with so much free time on her hands.

When the ministry was closed she was still busy with quidditch, busy with interviews, busy making sure all positions were filled, plus all the holiday crazy with her wonderful family, but this year, this year she was just worrying about family and things that she had no control over.

"Are you warm enough?" She had ahold of Charles arm, though she was cold, she felt the fresh air was doing her some good.
He hardly found this sort of outing crazy. It had been a favorite of Yukie's back when he had first begun courting her. It...was a favorite pastime of hers come the holidays, actually, taking a trip into the city to look at the illuminations. So this date tugged on his heartstrings...in many ways. Though the tougher ones he kept close to his chest as he hobbled along side Victoria, her arm around his and his other hand holding the cane he had had made by the owner of the Owl Post just recently. He felt he was still too young to be requiring such assistance but he had been encouraged to utilize one nonetheless.

"Yes," he smiled over at her after tugging his thick scarf away from his mouth so he could speak a bit better. "Perfectly warm." He gave her arm a bit of a squeeze and blew a puff of white air. "Are you? I have a pair of mittens in my pocket I am not yet using if you need."
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 07:07 PM   #243 (permalink)





MO & DMGS
Griffin
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,218

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cassiopeia Kitridge
Graduated

Student Character:
Gemma Kitridge
Third Year
Hufflepuff
x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

He hardly found this sort of outing crazy. It had been a favorite of Yukie's back when he had first begun courting her. It...was a favorite pastime of hers come the holidays, actually, taking a trip into the city to look at the illuminations. So this date tugged on his heartstrings...in many ways. Though the tougher ones he kept close to his chest as he hobbled along side Victoria, her arm around his and his other hand holding the cane he had had made by the owner of the Owl Post just recently. He felt he was still too young to be requiring such assistance but he had been encouraged to utilize one nonetheless.

"Yes," he smiled over at her after tugging his thick scarf away from his mouth so he could speak a bit better. "Perfectly warm." He gave her arm a bit of a squeeze and blew a puff of white air. "Are you? I have a pair of mittens in my pocket I am not yet using if you need."
She smiled as she felt him squeeze her arm, "I'm warm for now." It certainly was cold and if they walked for too long she would probably start feeling the cold, but for now the heat of her coat and hat as well as being next to him and feeling heat coming from him was keeping her nice and cozy. "The lights are beautiful." It was the perfect little outing and she took a deep breath letting the winter feelings come in.

She walked along side of him quiet for a bit longer before frowning a little bit, "Holidays are going to seem so empty this year." She still had B not at school, but between Charles and herself some of the grandkids were stuck at school and not able to come home, plus with her retirement she had no quidditch crazy to keep her busy.

"Maybe we could do something a little extra special this year. A trip or something." They had been together for a little bit now and with the stress of work she felt Charles could use a little holiday away, even if it was just a day trip.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 03:52 PM   #244 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Co-DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,202

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
First Year
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post
Default I replied in my mind, apparently
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
She smiled as she felt him squeeze her arm, "I'm warm for now." It certainly was cold and if they walked for too long she would probably start feeling the cold, but for now the heat of her coat and hat as well as being next to him and feeling heat coming from him was keeping her nice and cozy. "The lights are beautiful." It was the perfect little outing and she took a deep breath letting the winter feelings come in.

She walked along side of him quiet for a bit longer before frowning a little bit, "Holidays are going to seem so empty this year." She still had B not at school, but between Charles and herself some of the grandkids were stuck at school and not able to come home, plus with her retirement she had no quidditch crazy to keep her busy.

"Maybe we could do something a little extra special this year. A trip or something." They had been together for a little bit now and with the stress of work she felt Charles could use a little holiday away, even if it was just a day trip.
He smiled back, her presence helping put his weary limbs at ease. "I should fit you with a set of earmuffs sometime," he mused aloud, though also mostly to himself as he hobbled along and then used his cane to knock a small stone out of the way. "I saw a set once that looked like two inflated pygmy puffs, sans the eyes, and they looked both fashionable as well as practical." And practicality was very important.

His fingers coiled around the top of his cane at her words as they triggered something inside him, something ugly and hurtful. Was this...guilt he was feeling? His moral compass gave a resounded nod at the thought, but something else told him not to be silly and fret over such things. He had mandated what was necessary for the greater good. He was doing the right thing. But then why did he hear his grandson's harsh tongue lashing by howler echo in his head once again? "Yes...I suppose it will..." he nodded, clearing his throat a bit and very much wishing he had a toffy to chew on. Or a packet of yogurt covered raisins. "...I...my grandson will not be attending my annual party this year." He paused. "Nor my sons." Another pause. "It will be a more intimate setting, though Fletcher and Kaiser assure me they will be in attendance. But, ah, my daughter....she...she is still debating."

He clicked his tongue a bit and looked ahead, admiring a particular light display that involved reindeer with holly wreath crowns. "A trip?" he glanced over at her, his heart leaping at the thought just before something more gloomy swooped in. "Oh...I don't know that I can afford to take any sort of trip, Victoria. There is much work to be done at the Ministry still and my presence very much absolute in that regard." The bulk of what he was shoveling were not things he could pass on to Fletcher, though at the moment he could not recall precisely why that was so.
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:09 PM   #245 (permalink)





MO & DMGS
Griffin
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,218

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cassiopeia Kitridge
Graduated

Student Character:
Gemma Kitridge
Third Year
Hufflepuff
x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

She stopped a moment to take in a few trees. They were just gorgeous with all the colors and the snow. As much as she loved the summer and the warm weather more than winter, she couldn't help but love snow and lights around Christmas. "Earmuffs would be nice, do you think my head is shaped right for them? I never was ever sure." She laughed a bit with her thoughts, she knew she was to old to worry about if something looked right instead of just being warm.

She squeezed his arm knowing that the decision he made had to be hard with his own family let alone with the rest of the public. She did not understand it but didn't question it much either and when she did she always got little answer, so dropping it and allowing him to do his job seemed easier. It still pulled at her that something wasn't adding up, but without any proof she just had to deal with it more and more. "A smaller gathering might be a nice change though, something just low key and more relaxing." She turned and smiled a little, "Kaiser? Do you know much about that young man? I think you have a receptionist that has a little crush on him."She chuckled a little thinking about how Alana had talked about him once or twice.

Starting to move down the path again she felt the disappointment, but figured he would say that he could not. "It was worth a try. Maybe when things are a little less hectic we could go away some where."
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 09:17 AM   #246 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Co-DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,202

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
First Year
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

As she stopped, so too did he. Though his eyes were not exactly on the trees. They were more a background feature to where he was actually looking. "I think you can pull off anything," he answered sincerely while allowing her a few more moments before moving them along. Standing still for too long was too chilly for his liking this evening.

It pained him, the howler Eiji had sent him. He expected them from parents and bless Delyth for being the scapegoat for the majority of it. It could not be an easy task for someone so young to have to field such harsh words while maintaining the level of professionalism that she did. He ought to try and have a meeting with her at some point...let her know that he appreciated everything she did.

His thoughts were soon pulled away and back to Victoria as she asked him a very easy and straightforward question. "Of course, he is my personal assistant," Charles laughed jovially. "And I absolutely think the world of the young man. He is an exceptionally hard worker and has exceeded my expectations." He did not have particularly high ones after looking over Kaiser's application, but Charles still wanted to give the young man a shot to prove himself. And he certainly had done that. " Terribly private, which I respect, and with much depth to his eyes. I have a deep affection for him, as I do my own children." And then Victoria revealed why she was asking what she was and oh. Oh. Oh dear. "Ah, I can see why she would form such feelings towards such a strapping young lad...but you should tell her gently that he is already spoken for. A charming young woman...incredibly vibrant. He escorted her to the Christmas party last year as well as our Ministry function. He has told me he will again this year as well, to both." Ah, to be young and in love and with nothing but twinkles in the eyes towards the future. Well, Charles had two of those three still at least. "Plenty of young bachelors at the Ministry though, if she keeps her eyes open. I would recommend she look elsewhere than the Minister's Office so as not to have distractions while on the job...and when she does find someone hopefully she will not take too much after a certain someone and send them a cat during the middle of the work day." Professionalism was something Charles took very very seriously...though he was also a bit of a hypocrite in that he had Kaiser had even picked out flowers for their respective others together, a true father-son bonding experience, during their work hours. Work father and son, of course.

"Yes, of course." Someday. A vacation did sound...nice. Though something that would be out of his reach for a long while.
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200