sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 223 users online including...
feeheeheeny , hermionesclone , reicheralde , bromleyshaw , Samia , AnDus , Granger Danger , diabroc , naurineseth , Yaya

15 members
208 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > United Kingdom

United Kingdom Magic can be found everywhere throughout the United Kingdom. Just be mindful of the Muggles who are out and about.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-06-2019, 05:25 PM
sweetpinkpixie sweetpinkpixie is offline
 
Default Into the Mist: Hogwarts Grounds



The temperature drops as you approach the front gates of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy. The castle that can usually be seen off in the distance is entirely obscured by the thick mist that has settled. Just a glance makes it difficult to see where the mist ends and the sky begins. It is as if the entire castle is engulfed.

An eerie silence hangs about. No birds fly overhead and there are no creatures big or small scurrying in the vicinity. The occasional rustle of unseen leaves are all that occasionally step in to break the silence.

There is an ominous feel as you get closer, a dread you cannot explain but it weighs heavy on you the closer you get. Just nerves? A justifiable fear?

The mist almost seems to watch you as you approach. As if it is its own living being and the feeling is enough to send chills up your spine. What lies ahead?

Quote:
This thread is a special 'out in the field' thread for employees of the Ministry of Magic RPG. Please do not post here unless you have been given permission to do so..
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 04:32 AM   #151 (permalink)



DMT & DMIC
Chizpurfle
 
LilFox06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 10,663

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valencia Phillips
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colin Roderick
Gringotts Wizarding Bank
Default
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Tatiana was here and ready to go. She had always been mildly curious about this school. She had seen a few pictures of the grounds and dorms from when she had a friend that attended this school. She never thought she would be here in person though.

She held her wand out with one hand, and with the other she held a portkey. She nodded solemnly along. Greatest fears and nothing being real seemed all too much like her teenage years.
__________________
LilFox06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:19 AM   #152 (permalink)
Slytherin

DMC
Puffskein
 
2111jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hogwarts :)
Posts: 1,252

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Austin Spencer
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Caleb Queen
Magical Creatures
Default
Stay Free

It was strange to be back at Hogwarts. Weren't they just here for the same problem ? Eh. Caleb gave s small wave to his neighbors and got hsi wand ready. He had a portkey in his orber hand. Are they going to get rid of it this time? Whatever it was?

Last edited by 2111jen; 11-21-2019 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Oops forgot to write some thing.
2111jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:09 AM   #153 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Shrake
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 2]
Posts: 12,661

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cole Vance
Fourth Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Rebecca Davies
Magical Creatures
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Was it wrong to be excited and stoked and eager to meet an army of boggarts that had taken up residence in the Hogwarts castle? Probably, but Rebecca couldn’t change her feelings as she stood next to Darej as Mr Flamsteed gave them some last minute instructions that she felt we’re a bit redundant. With one hand she tugged at the collar of her protective gear to make it not stick irritatingly to her neck, with the other she pulled out her wand. To Darej she whispered curiously as they waited for the signal to advance. "How thick was the mist last time?"

Laurel felt unease and dread as she stood and waited behind Airey and looked across the bridge at the looming figure of the Hogwarts castle. Why she had signed up for this was a mystery. She worked with prophecies not creature extermination! Pulling her blond hair back with string that she pulled tightly, she gave off a loud sigh to herself. Laurel loved Hogwarts she had worked there for a number of years before she had started her current job at the ministry. Taking her wand out Laurel listened closely to Airey’s cautioning words. Perfect they we’re really doing this, going into a thick mist that made you see things and facing boggarts that fed on your fears.
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:11 PM   #154 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DMC
Gnome
 
Granger Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Among the stars
Posts: 386

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stella Starson
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bryson Addams
Magical Creatures
Default
Loveable Gryffinpuff| Stella Bella

Well... here they are again, back at Hogwarts once again, still not much different then the last time they were here. Bryson could clearly remember that day like it was nothing, yeah... wasn't a fun day for him. But this time he came prepared ready for action, nothing was going to bring him down he had work to do! Looking around the place, he wondered if the Hogwarts kids were able to come back next term, he heard from his cousins that some of them missed the place terribly.

Nodding to his fellow co workers his hand ready in his hand he waited for futher instructions. He was ready to face this head on and get this done once and for all. He loved Hogwarts but he didn't want to keep coming back like this, hopefully next time will be on a happier term.
__________________
People say, play it safe but I don't wanna live that way

Take a chance, change the game let's show 'em that we're not afraid!
Granger Danger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:31 PM   #155 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Newbie & Mungo's


DMT & DMGS
Bicorn
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working
Posts: 16,570

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy
Sixth Year

x12 x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Milo Jordan
Games & Sports
Default
Unforgivably Cursed

Kendra might have been slightly apprehensive about this mission once the team began nearing Hogwarts. After all, her expertise didn't exactly involve defeating dark creatures. But if she felt that way at all, she certainly didn't show it. She was a picture of fierce determination and confidence as she walked with the others, her wand drawn and her portkey on her person. They had perfected their trials and enchantments. This had to work.

"Remember your training, team," she added after Airey's words as she fell into step behind him. "We can and will handle this." They knew what they were walking in to and they were prepared. She was sure they would be able to restore Hogwarts again....hopefully.
__________________
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 02:52 AM   #156 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMT & DMLE
Lobalug
 
Fireheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Bikini Bottom
Posts: 199

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Avalon Sinclair
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Grae Fairfield
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Ryder Medina
Law Enforcement
Default

Grae didn't realize how tightly she was gripping her wand until she noticed a dull ache creeping up her right arm. She needed to loosen her grip if she wanted to preserve her strength for today. Taking a deep breath, she tucked a stray strand of blonde hair behind her ear. She didn't imagine that her first time back to Hogwarts after graduating would be like this.

The young witch wasn't quite sure what to expect from this mission, to be perfectly honest. She had attended the mandatory training sessions, of course. But from what she had heard, this mist had a mind of its own. The only thing that was pretty much guaranteed was that she would be facing some of her biggest fears today. Resigning herself to the fact that she would just have to take whatever was thrown at her, she followed her department head.
Fireheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 06:23 PM   #157 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


MO & DMT
Chizpurfle
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #E47833
Posts: 10,319

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finneas Schmoe
Graduated
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin ‘Yassi’ Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Zander Adair
Minister's Office
Default
doesn't proofread tweets|#wrongaboutcereal |ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ|plot twist|#thefloorislava

Yassi was not sure she was meant to be here. She was very apprehensive about working in such a dangerous environment and as much as she tried not to show it, everything within her features gave it away. She was uneasy.

Being an apparition instructor and containing creatures were two entirely different matters. She liked classrooms and students, not investigations and uncertainty. Unfortunately, however, she was raised to be polite, to respect authority, and to always extend her help whenever it was needed. Of course knowing their limited numbers, she had no choice but to volunteer for the mission. Even though she did not want to be here... At all.

Yassi was reluctant, but she tried to keep a smile in place as she tightened her grip around her wand and followed behind the crowd.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:57 PM   #158 (permalink)
Moderator
Gladrags Mod



DMC & DMAC
Bugbear
 
hermionesclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London
Posts: 31,914

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lucas Sebastian Dakest
Fourth Year

x11 x11

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá (Rosalyn) Li
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Magikarp #3 | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

Travelling via Portkey, while a reasonable option for such large quantities of people, was always met with apprehension from Zhuó Xiá. No amount of travelling using this device could get her used to the nauseating feeling that took over her after she had landed - and today was no different. As soon as she landed, the Creatures Department Head took a moment to gather her breath. Deep breaths. In and out. The cool Scottish air filling her lungs. It was a moment of weakness, which was unusual for her, but a moment she very much needed.

A minute or so had passed by before the woman straightened up, doing her best to look as though she had her composure. She was one of the Department Heads here on this mission, if she lost her composure, what would her team think of her? Nevermind the fact that this was her first mission on the job and she was being thrown into the deep end of a serious - and life threatening, no doubt - mission. Losing composure was simply out of the question.

With that thought in mind, she swiftly turned to her team, doing a quick mental headcount to check that everyone was there while taking out her wand as well. "Okay, team, let’s go. Remember to make smart decisions and to work together, whether you like the person or not." Personal affairs didn’t matter when there was such a huge crisis on their hands. And she frankly didn’t care.

Shooting them a fleeting smile, she turned on her heel and started walking forwards.
__________________
hermionesclone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 09:54 AM   #159 (permalink)


DERP & DoM
Moke
 
Kimothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lurkin' (GMT+8)
Posts: 8,508

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Drewett Percy Gunter
Sixth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Katrina Marie Belrose
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Andrea "Anya" Gonzales
Mysteries
Default
Slytherin's Baby!Keeper • Opossum • All Growed Up • Kimoji •❅ice ice baby

In all due honesty, Anya did not think it would be kind of scary the moment she signed herself up for this mission. Her thrill-seeking, spontaneous soul was made for events like this, and she had no hesitation when they were asked for volunteers. Just like everyone else, she underwent training exercises for this. She was quite hyped. Low-key, at least. Everyone else seemed tense that it was making her feel weird. One would think she looked a bit too relaxed as she tapped her pointer finger against her wand to the beat of Marc Anthony's Vivir Mi Vida.

Besides, Anya had never been to Hogwarts before. All the firsts today. She wasn't going to admit that the castle did kind of had that creepy vibe too it. Like the prince's castle before he turned into his human form, from Beauty and the Beast.

Anya followed the rest of the group, but stayed specifically behind and close enough to her boss man, Mr. Flamsteed. She looked at whoever was beside her, and offered a fleeting smile. Maybe they'd stopped looking too tense. She could only hope.
__________________
I was lost, now I'm found___________________________________________

____________________I put my hands in the air, and my knees to the ground
Kimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 04:51 AM   #160 (permalink)





DoM & DMC
Nogtail
 
Charely Potter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blue (EST)
Posts: 4,747

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elisa Marie Potter
Seventh Year
x8 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Valeray Étienne McLeod
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Magical Creatures

Diagon Alley Employee:
Bradley Antonio Davidson
Quality Quidditch Supplies
Default
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Darej couldn't see any noticeable danger as he spent more time checking out the scenery. If anything he could see more than previously, it looks like the barriers did their job in containing the mass. Still though, as adrenaline was flowing through him he still had a set of nerves bundled below with the prospect on what they could all be facing. His head turned at the directed question, "Yeah, much thicker.. but mostly out here." He whispered back. Even though the coast looked to be clear, there's no telling what could be lurking so the hush toned was appropriate. "It shouldn't get that thick out here again." He was confident today would be a success with all the training they did beforehand.

The respective Department Heads were all here and had given the go-ahead for them to move forward. So Darej did so. Since Rebecca was already by him he kept close enough in front of her. He remembered last time how having a partner was necessary.

As soon as the leaders instructed them to move ahead, Val followed suit. He had never been to Hogwarts before as he surveyed the grounds leading to the castle. The closest sighting he ever had of the school was back in his final year at Beauxbatons when they had taken part in the Quiz Bowl nearly 2 decades ago as the event. Who would've thought it would come down to this? Shaking his head of the thoughts, this was not a grand tour, he would be helping in vanquishing the thread and keeping a record on the events.

Val kept close to the team with the other Unspeakables as he was living up to his job's namesake. He returned a small smile Anya sent in his direction. Someone had to remain optimistic during this, oui? His hazel eyes then gazed ahead to whatever is waiting for them.
__________________
I'm gonna tell you something you don't want to hear ▬ _______________________________

____________________ ▬ I'm gonna show you where it's dark, but have no fear..
Charely Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 08:25 AM   #161 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Co-DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Erumpent
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,979

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Wait. WAIT. WAAAAAAAAAAAAIT.

This was a disaster! It was in this moment that the Trekkie recalled that he had neglected to remind his Unspeakables that they should check all red shirts or jackets at home. Though, by now it had been said so many times to them that it was likely they all remembered. Unless they were new...in which case, well....may the Force be with you.

What? The man was allowed to be a fan of multiple fandoms!

"Alright, Unspeakables," Airey began with his amplified voice. "Let's begin the process of removing the enchantments so we can all get inside..." Adjusting his tie, he ventured glances at both Zhuó Xiá and Kendra to give them both a firm nod - once his team had the intricate enchantments removed so the main doors to Hogwarts could be opened, it was their mission to lead.

Gripping his wand tightly, he began with the precise but intricate wand movements necessary.
__________________


sometimes the only payoff for having any faith is when it's tested again and again every day....
I'm still comparing your past to my future; it might be over but they're not sutures....
I am the sand bottom half of the hourglass; I try to picture me without you but I can't....
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 09:25 AM   #162 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Shrake
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 2]
Posts: 12,661

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cole Vance
Fourth Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Rebecca Davies
Magical Creatures
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Soon enough they we're given the go ahead to cross over the bridge which she did somewhere near the front of the large group of assembled ministry employees. Laurel was walking near Airey so when he amplified his voice to speak to everyone it felt like he shouted directly into her ears. Massaging her now ringing and pained ears the blond unspeakable said a few not so nice words about her boss man inside her head. Getting that out of her system Laurel ignored the pain in her ears as she stepped up in front of Hogwarts main doors to remove the enchantments together with Val, Anya and Airey. Raising her wand and gripping it tightly as she stood with Airey on her right and Anya on her left Laurel began casting the necessary spells to remove the enchantments with deep concentration.

Becca took a deep breath as she heard Miss Li give the go ahead to advance forward. Darej's response confirmed what she had heard in the meeting prior to starting the mission. The mist was thicker outside than inside the castle, but who knew it could have changed recently so it was best to stay on your toes. "Thanks Darej," Rebecca whispered back as they went over the bridge towards the castle, her senses on high alert. "I hope it's okay if I team with you? This is my first really dangerous mission since I started and Miss Li reminded us to keep close to one another." She was well trained and definitely equipped to deal with an infestation of boggarts, Becca was looking forward to it with excitement but it didn't stop some nervousness to seep in. With Darej moving ahead of her, she shot Bryson a quick smile by her side before she looked ahead at what was to come.
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:30 AM   #163 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMAC & DoM
Gnome
 
awakemysoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: GMT -8 #PNW
Posts: 372

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Benjamin "Benji" Park
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore "Bear" Ronstadt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Freyja Westergaard
Mysteries
Default
(づ。◕ヮ◕。)づ ❤ cuddles please ❤

Freyja looked around nervously. What had she gotten herself into by agreeing to this? She had felt all important, volunteering to save the day at her old stomping grounds and all, but now that she was actually here... Some of that bravery was lost. She had been in Ravenclaw, not Gryffindor, after all. The fog was creepy, and though she knew it was only boggarts, they were, like, weird boggarts. She’d dealt with her fair share of boggart infestations — she had inherited her great-aunt Hildegaard’s house after the old woman had died, and there were plenty of magical nuisances around when she’d gone to clean it up — but none of them had killed anybody or created magical fog that shut down a whole school.

Still, she put on her best brave face and pushed her glasses up farther on her nose. She held her wand aloft and echoed Airey’s movements. Charms were her speciality. This part she could handle. It was just the... after this part that she wasn’t so sure about.

But wasn’t this what being a Department of Mysteries employee entailed? Sure, okay, so she was in the Love Chamber and spent most of her time thinking about the warm fuzzies that did things like offer protection to others. But who cared?! She was a mystery woman, and this fog was a mystery indeed! Kind of, anyway. Well, whatever. Here she went.
__________________
awakemysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:04 PM   #164 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,050

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

As each spell was lifted, thanks to the efforts of the Ministry's Unspeakables, the great doors of the Hogwarts castle began to rattle and creek with bone chilling vigor. Soon a silence fell upon the land, the final protective spell lifted and the double doors slowly swinging forward on their hinges and the darkness beyond beckoning all to step inside.

It's now or never.
__________________
The Narrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:59 AM   #165 (permalink)





DoM & DMC
Nogtail
 
Charely Potter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blue (EST)
Posts: 4,747

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elisa Marie Potter
Seventh Year
x8 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Valeray Étienne McLeod
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Magical Creatures

Diagon Alley Employee:
Bradley Antonio Davidson
Quality Quidditch Supplies
Default
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Val was among the other Unspeakables with removing the barriers left up from the last mission. He had to admit they did a splendid job containing the mass. Who knows how far this mist could've spread if they left it untreated. Anyways, once it looked like the work was done the doors began to open.... They didn't have to go inside first, right? Val wasn't moving unless directed. Instead, he gripped his wand tight before glancing at those nearest him. Not that he was scared he just wasn't the type to make the first move right away.

Darej waited as the Unspeakables did their... unspeakable thing. Probably to double-check that there were no lingering forces that others weren't trained to see. He could sense the hesitation in Becca when she mentioned this being her first time. Even though this wasn't his first he basically fed off adrenaline to keep going. "Fine by me." He whispered back, having no issue with working with another. He paused a moment before adding, "You have my permission to do whatever's necessary, Rebecca." Last time what he saw was unexpected and his guard had faltered momentarily and he didn't want a repeat of it without quick assistance. The sound of door creaking took his attention then.

This was it, the doors were now ajar. There was nothing but the darkness within. Darej looked at the others and would wait until his team went in first.
__________________
I'm gonna tell you something you don't want to hear ▬ _______________________________

____________________ ▬ I'm gonna show you where it's dark, but have no fear..
Charely Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 02:46 PM   #166 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod


DMT & DIMC
Giant
 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: unwritten [GMT-6]
Posts: 57,652

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Carsyn Rose
Fourth Year

x12 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Louise Hamilton
International Cooperation
Default
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Eva's SoulSister | BigBadSis | SlytherPuff

If Chloe was nervous, she definitely didn't show it. She'd practiced with the box and was ready to help take care of this issue and make Hogwarts safe again once and for all. Once the spells were lifted and the doors to the castle creaked open, the redhead found her gaze shifting instinctively towards her former Head of House. Must not call him Professor, she reminded herself again. But then, what DID she call him? It seemed inappropriate to use his first name, as his former pupil and Mr Flamsteed just did not sound right.

What she did know was why was no one moving?

"Is it... time..." Chloe asked to one of the department heads present. Also if Yassi or Grae wanted to buddy up with her, that'd probably be a good thing. Since they'd probably be dividing and conquering to make sure they covered every last corridor....
__________________
[RPG] [Requests] [Skylar] [Drabbles] [Addina] [Tea Time]

Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow! Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 02:49 AM   #167 (permalink)
Moderator
Gladrags Mod



DMC & DMAC
Bugbear
 
hermionesclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London
Posts: 31,914

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lucas Sebastian Dakest
Fourth Year

x11 x11

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá (Rosalyn) Li
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Magikarp #3 | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

It was an unusual feeling, being back. The castle was still very much the same castle she spent seven years in during her teenage years but there was also an air of change about it. Maybe it’s because she knew about the situation at hand and what had transpired or because it had been a while since she’d returned to the castle. Whatever the reason, she felt as though she was both back home and venturing through a stranger’s house at the same time.

Head held high and wand held out, she continued marching forwards. Her eyes darted here and there, almost looking out for the slightest unusual shift in movement before eventually landing on Airey. The nod was understood, especially after his command to the Unspeakables.

Turning to her team, she started, "Once the charms are lifted and the doors open, we can go inside. Remember your training and be on the lookout for any boggarts the minute you step over the threshold. In fact, be on the lookout for any boggarts that try to escape." She hoped they didn’t need reminding to use their brains and make smart choices. Her eyes, meanwhile, turned back to the doors and the sounds that were coming from it as the charms lifted.

And then they opened.

Zhuó Xiá stared at the darkness that lay beyond the open doors. A darkness that caused a chill to shoot down her spine. This was, without a doubt, terrifying, which might’ve been the main reason behind her hesitation in stepping into the castle. But something eventually clicked inside her brain and she turned to give her employees a nod. It was time.

Lighting her wand, the Creatures Department Head turned around and started walking into the castle.
__________________
hermionesclone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 01:59 PM   #168 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Shrake
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 2]
Posts: 12,661

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cole Vance
Fourth Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Rebecca Davies
Magical Creatures
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

"Okay, you have my permission to do what is necessary too Darej." Rebecca whispered back with assurance in her tone. This was a very dangerous mission and they need to keep on their absolute toes. If your guard faltered and you we're attacked and nobody had your back then who knew how things might end. The sound of the doors creaking open and showing immense darkness took her whole attention. Straightening up and gripping her wand tightly Rebecca felt her mouth go dry and a chill go up her spine as Miss Li reminded them to lookout for the boggarts. Well they we're the whole reason why they we're there, but Becca wasn't exactly thrilled to soon be seeing giant tarantula's everywhere she looked. They we're her biggest fear for good reasons. When Miss Li lit her wand and started walking inside Rebecca fell in step behind her boss. Lightening her wand she glanced once to Darej before she turned her gaze forward and started walking into the darkness of the castle she loved.

Laurel cast her last spell that removed the last barrier from the last mission. She hadn't been involved in that mission, but she had been briefed on how it had gone. It seemed that the spells had kept the boggarts contained inside the castle. It was something positive at least. Laurel took a step back when the door's began to open ahead of them into the castle's darkness. She was not going to go in among the first ones. She was sticking close by Airey and the other unspeakables. Re-gripping her wand tightly Laurel looked to Airey, waiting for him to move before she followed. She was not a big fan of boggarts, in fact she disliked them very much.
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:55 PM   #169 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Co-DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Erumpent
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,979

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Sweet solstice what HAD he done?

Airey was truly in an internal panic over this whole red shirt affair and was rapidly trying to do a headcount of just who was sporting the color today and - to be rather frank - if they could afford a little trimming around the edges in a pinch. Though his efforts were cut short as his colleague began the gentle charge inside with her command.

Oh...sweet sweet solstice...here they go.

Nodding to his own department, the astronut took a few cautious steps forward before somewhat boisterously waving his wand above his head to conjure a bit of light that he then tossed ahead of the group and through the large doubled doors inside. Ought to help a little with seeing and not at the expense of their own wands acting as handheld flashlights.
__________________


sometimes the only payoff for having any faith is when it's tested again and again every day....
I'm still comparing your past to my future; it might be over but they're not sutures....
I am the sand bottom half of the hourglass; I try to picture me without you but I can't....
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:23 PM   #170 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod


DMC & DMAC
Knarl
 
Stormdancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Scotland, [GMT]
Posts: 9,351

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Holly Tamesis
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sloane Eris
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Giulia Barsi
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default Catching up but been here alllll along.
:: Braveheart :: ToRo :: RotiSila :: ToTo ::

Being in the middle of danger had never worried Sloane, he’d been through so much and being orphaned so young had made his teen years (the years spent at this very building) full of careless and irresponsible actions. It did, however, feel … unsettling, being back here; aware of what was going to happen when we stood within the walls of the school that had been his home for so long, reminding him heart and soul deep of the loss of sister. He was desperately (but silently, stoically) clinging to the fact that he had advance warning. It should give him and his patronus a chance.

He hoped.

His own personal boggart wouldn’t stop him from making the school safe again though. He would much rather face this and work towards clearing the school up. He knew that his siblings would rather have their children back at Hogwarts instead of abroad… And he would feel better knowing that he’d worked to keep not only his own family safe but for future generations too. He needed to do this for Alis and Rhys, Dee, Derren and Lina. He wanted them safely back in the UK next term.

Shaking his head slightly to clear it of the thoughts of his family; Sloane looked around and moved closer to where his colleagues were standing. Wand in hand and ready to follow instructions from Zhuó Xiá or the other Department Heads. Sloane gave his own Head a nod, and moved closer to her - watching around them as they moved forward in the eerily quiet.

The wards and enchantments were down. The doors were open.

…. Here we go.
__________________
Stormdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:50 AM   #171 (permalink)
your worst nightmare
Puffskein
 
BOGGARTS!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,010
Default
Your Worst Nightmare | Not Riddikulus at All

In the absence of living things, the mist had turned into a deep fog that penetrated the corners and nooks of the castle. As the wards on the castle were lifted the fog began moving, rolling towards the waiting group of ministry workers as if a gale-force wind was blowing a hurricane towards the entrance to the castle.

When the fog hit the group, those nearest the entrance seemed affected the worst. Valeray found his colleagues whisked away as if blown away by the force of the fog. Meanwhile, Zhuó Xiá found herself surrounded in a darkness so pressing, the wand lighting charm she had uttered seemed to be slowly going out. By Rebecca’s feet, the fog seemed to swirl and the skitter across the floor, rushing her and her colleague Darej as if a clutter of eight-legged creatures were trying to make a break for freedom.

Or perhaps the Boggarts weren’t trying to escape? Maybe they were trying to defend their hard won territory. The light coming from Airey's wand seemed to attract a small gaggle of Gorns and they did not look happy that the former professor, Laurel, Andrea, and Freyja were blocking the exit to the castle.
__________________

don't be................RIDDIKULUS
BOGGARTS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:03 AM   #172 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


MO & DMT
Chizpurfle
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #E47833
Posts: 10,319

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finneas Schmoe
Graduated
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin ‘Yassi’ Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Zander Adair
Minister's Office
Default
doesn't proofread tweets|#wrongaboutcereal |ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ|plot twist|#thefloorislava

Yassi was terrified, though she tried immensely hard not to show it. She was, however, uncharacteristically quiet as she stood in place. It took a few moments before she finally began to follow behind the group, looking to Chloe in hopes that her colleague would want to work together.

The brunette lit up her wand, looking to her Department Head for instructions. This was not something she felt prepared for at all, even with the countless meetings and written briefs. Not yet far enough along to see the creatures, Yassi could feel the weight of the puzzle boxes in her bag. It was all so very daunting.

__________________
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« St. James's Park | - »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:49 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175