sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 1160 users online including...
DuckyLinJi , msulimaanto , Granger Danger , FearlessLeader19 , Lespype , oncoontzvane , natekka , Anna Banana , Ginevra , foedefossesuns

14 members
1146 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry > Upper Floors > Transfiguration

Transfiguration Here you will learn some of the most complex magic known to wizardkind. Best take thorough notes.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-20-2020, 08:08 PM
Stormdancer Stormdancer is offline
 
Default Gathering: Halloween 2100

If you attended Professor Eris’ seminar earlier in the week, you will be very familiar with the fact that your Transfiguration Professor loved Halloween. Especially when he got to spend it with his younger grand and great-grandchildren. Granted, there were a handful of them actually within Hogwarts, but not all teenagers like their Grandfathers just as not all teenagers like Halloween.

With that in mind following the seminar on Monday, Professor Eris had put up a sign on all notice boards, stating that between 2pm and 4pm on Sunday, 31st of October - after lunch but before the feast that would inevitably be diligently prepared by the house elves for them to feast on - the Transfiguration classroom would be open for anyone who wished to come and show off their costumes, play some games or listen to music aka have a dance..

If you do decide to show up, the room looks much different than it would for your usual lessons. The chairs have been placed around the outside of the room to create space to dance to the latest chart songs from the likes of TDK or Abra. No, don’t worry. That wasn’t the Professor’s music taste but he had enough grandchildren to know what was generally acceptable and considering the excitement he had witnessed from Carolina over his newest single - he figured it was worth adding to the mix.

The main lighting has been turned off, and there are a few candles floating around the room, enough so that you won’t trip but the overall atmosphere is much darker. Cobwebs hang from the ceiling and sconces, while there is a dancing skeleton jiving away on the dance floor. Don’t get too close or he will grab your hand and dance with you. Carved pumpkins are dotted around the room, and candles illuminate the scenes and images he had taken the time to hand carve before the elves had made their pumpkin themed food for tonight; cats, witches, full moons, bats and more. They sit on the floor, floating in the air or sitting on the desks, the light drifting through the fog that is slowly raising off the floor as it curls around your feet.

There is a bobbing for apples station, though they are magically moving around the bowl of their own accord. Oh, and what’s that you ask? Instead of water, the apples are floating in a mysterious red liquid, but don’t worry. It won’t harm you. If you do manage to catch one however, you will be rewards for they are sweet and covered in caramel or chocolate. Opposite there is a table with five covered bowls sitting atop, do you have the courage to feel what is inside? In a world of magic, what your mind can conjure if probably worse than whatever the Professor has placed in side. ... Right??

Professors and students alike are welcome, Carwyn will great you all the same.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



MO & DMT
Chizpurfle
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #E47833 #C51362
Posts: 10,552

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finneas Schmoe
Graduated

Student Character:
Nina Castillo
Sixth Year
Slytherin
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin ‘Yassi’ Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Zander Adair
Minister's Office
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | plot twist | #thefloorislava |#HouseNATARIANA




Lo and behold. A banana man.


Finneas never celebrated Halloween in his young years. He always felt out of place, even with a costume. Today, however, he was reliving the youthful days he had missed out on!!!! Which may have been why he was the... first to arrive to the celebration? Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Well. This was......... awkward.

Then again, awkward followed this noodle man everywhere. The schmoe must go on!

Which meant he didn't waste any time in heading towards the dancefloor, where he awkwardly bent his knees, bobbing up and down off beat. Side to side. Up and down. Finger waggling. Off beat clapping. The WHOLE shabang.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 01-21-2020, 01:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DMAC
Türk Bilgini
Hippogriff
 
DuckyLinJi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The couch
Posts: 22,820

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Fourth Year
x1 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Yoongi Hyland
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Minjae had ordered the hair enhancement potion to grow his hair longer from Madam Primpernelle's beauty shop after the Halloween party had been announced. It was definitely not something he would have bought for himself on normal days but his costume would not look good without long hair.

As he walked to the party, Minjae kept flipping his hair out of his face. How in Merlin's Beard did girls do this? Why would they CHOOSE to have long hair?! this was torture. He was starting to regret his choice of outfit and should have chosen his first costume. Which had been an oversized t-shirt with jeans and old shoes. To most, this would look like any normal attire but to him it screamed "POOR"

And being poor was scary...

But that had meant he had to buy poor people's clothes , which he did not want to waste his money on so he went with his second costume option.

He tucked his now long hair behind his ear he couldn't wait to cut it all off the moment the party was over and entered the room. At first, he thought he had the wrong room. Although the interior did look halloween like, there was no one else here...

Well...no one except for one other person. Minjae looked over at the dance floor where professor Schmoe was having a seizure... wait, he was dancing! He had no sense of rhythm at all.

Where was the food?
__________________
DuckyLinJi is online now  
Old 01-21-2020, 02:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO & DMT
Firecrab
 
love-for-HP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 717

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Blake P. Ryan
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Marcel Riggs
Transportation
Default

Blake was excited to be here, he liked parties ... and the last 'ball' he had attended ended with securing a friendship with Bernadette. The thought made Blake blush ... so maybe he could make another new friend... or just dance with Bernadette again... wait ... were they dancing at this party?

Decked out in surgical scrubs, face mask hanging around his neck, shoe covers, and a scrub cap on .. he looked like the perfect muggle surgeon. It was an easy task after all to send an owl back to his mom for the supplies (she worked in a hospital after all) and she had answered the call with gusto!

Blake was ready ... looking around the room to see who had all arrived already.
__________________
love-for-HP is offline  
Old 01-21-2020, 07:02 PM   #5 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,378

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Sixth Year
x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Chloe had practiced her outfit a few times in class, so she felt it was perfect. Her robes changed to a long black dress that fit very tight around her. She pulled at it just a bit feeling now more self-conscious then she did when it was on paper. She hoped she looked alright with the way the dress was fitting and her long black hair. Glancing down at her feet all she could see is the spider web shape that ended the dress. The shoes were covered but the heels turned her from 5 foot to 5'2. Still not very tall, but it felt taller to her.

As she headed in and looked around she smoothed out her black hair, it was weird not being blonde, but she wondered if the look worked? Would people even notice her as she moved about or would the hair make her seem different altogether? She thought about Gunnar and if he would even recognize her. She figured he'd have some brother sense and would know her either way.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 01-21-2020, 11:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod


DMAC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 200,144

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Second Year
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

Claudine was not entirely sure what she was doing there. At the last minute, she had surprised herself by deciding to attend this Halloween thing. Her outfit that she had started in the latest Transfiguration lesson was now complete; she was dressed as Magenta Comstock, the artist who was famous for her paintings with those eyes that follow persons around. The decor of the room impressed her to the fullest and she couldn't stop admiring them especially the dancing skeleton on the dance floor.

Speaking of the dance floor...

Claudine stared at the banana man. She genuinely wanted to laugh... oh, wait. She did laugh. The one thing that Claudine was not known for was laughing but yet, here she was. Her laugh wasn't meant to be ridicule. No, she was just amused. Schmoe was hilarious with his moves.

The only way to wipe the laughter away was if someone forced her to start dancing.
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is online now  
Old 01-22-2020, 03:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DMC
Giant
 
Zoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 55,657

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Asher Fawley
First Year
x8 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Lincoln Creevey
Magical Creatures
Default
Beavers Are Adorable | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Asher LOVED Halloween. He had to admit that he mainly just cared about the candy, but he most certainly was going to take advantage of not having to wear a uniform or anything 'normal' for the day. So here he was, dressed as a tiger. Mind you this wasn't his first choice of costume. But that was just how things turned out sometimes. The one he worked on during Transfiguration did not work out in the end, so he had to ask an older Hufflepuff to help him with Plan B.

The decorations were the first to catch his attention as he walked through the doorway. Though it didn't take long for his eyes to fall upon the Muggle Studies professor. Was he ... dancing? That was dancing, right? Apparently. This Hufflepuff certainly didn't know any better.

With no second thoughts, the boy headed out to the dance floor and joined in on all the awkwardness. "Sweet moves, Mr. Banana Man Sir!"

He himself had started doing the Orange Justice, which more than likely looked like just a bunch flailing -- arms, knees, tail, and all -- since he really had no idea what he was doing. But that was all part of the fun.
__________________
Zoe is offline  
Old 01-22-2020, 03:45 AM   #8 (permalink)



DMC & DMGS
Dwarf
 
Anna Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 35,526

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Isla Bellchant
First Year
x1
Default
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

All dressed up just as she'd planned it out in class, Isla joined those already at the Halloween gathering. She was a little nervous, what with this being her first school dance with her peers. Well, it wasn't exactly advertised as a dance, but looking around the room, that's exactly what it was. For the most part, at least. She maneuvered her way around the room, looking at everything the gathering had to offer. Her wings had narrowly avoided hitting a few things here and there, namely a dancing skeleton cutting a rug on the dance floor.

At least she'd thought to wear a holster for her muggle-style fairy wand. It was cute and all, but she didn't want to carry it around all night. Whoa. Was that...Schmoe dressed as a banana? Isla laughed lightheartedly. She hadn't known the man too long, but this was so typical of him. He did look like he was having fun, though. Scoping the room, she saw a few familiar faces...Blake, Chloe, Claudine, and Asher... "Hey, guys," she said. There was also another Hufflepuff boy she saw, but she didn't know him all that well.
__________________
The Bellchants____________________________@IslaBellchant

Ollerton Family____________________Bellchant Family
Anna Banana is online now  
Old 01-22-2020, 06:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



MO & DMT
Chizpurfle
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #E47833 #C51362
Posts: 10,552

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finneas Schmoe
Graduated

Student Character:
Nina Castillo
Sixth Year
Slytherin
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin ‘Yassi’ Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Zander Adair
Minister's Office
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | plot twist | #thefloorislava |#HouseNATARIANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Asher LOVED Halloween. He had to admit that he mainly just cared about the candy, but he most certainly was going to take advantage of not having to wear a uniform or anything 'normal' for the day. So here he was, dressed as a tiger. Mind you this wasn't his first choice of costume. But that was just how things turned out sometimes. The one he worked on during Transfiguration did not work out in the end, so he had to ask an older Hufflepuff to help him with Plan B.

The decorations were the first to catch his attention as he walked through the doorway. Though it didn't take long for his eyes to fall upon the Muggle Studies professor. Was he ... dancing? That was dancing, right? Apparently. This Hufflepuff certainly didn't know any better.

With no second thoughts, the boy headed out to the dance floor and joined in on all the awkwardness. "Sweet moves, Mr. Banana Man Sir!"

He himself had started doing the Orange Justice, which more than likely looked like just a bunch flailing -- arms, knees, tail, and all -- since he really had no idea what he was doing. But that was all part of the fun.
Finneas was in the ~~~~zoooone~~~~. The DANCE zone, that is. This music was entirely foreign to him, but he was having such a good time bumbling about all by his lonesome. He did wave at all his students though. It was quite a shame that no one joining him in bustin' out the moves. QUITE A SHAME, INDEED. Which is why he kept looking up. Were they intimidated by how great he was at this? Did he need to dial it down to a more manageable rhythm for them?

These were all questions that he was thinking about when the young Hufflepuff made his way over. "Mr. Fawley!" Finneas exclaimed with the most joy a banana had ever expressed. "Errrrr thank you," he gave the young man an awkward smile, watching him in turn. Oh. That was an interesting movement.

Schmoe tried to replicate it with all the grace of an elephant walking across a frozen pond. No grace. There was none of it. "Shweeet moves, yourself, Mr. Fawley!" That's right. Finneas was down with the youth of today. He was picking up what Mr. Fawley was putting down.

Was this..........
A DANCE OFF?


Because Schmoe was entirely sure that it was. Which meant, he was raising Asher's Orange Justice by one Chicken Dance.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 01-22-2020, 01:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO & DMT
Firecrab
 
love-for-HP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 717

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Blake P. Ryan
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Marcel Riggs
Transportation
Default

SPOILER!!: Isla with mentions of the Dance off
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
All dressed up just as she'd planned it out in class, Isla joined those already at the Halloween gathering. She was a little nervous, what with this being her first school dance with her peers. Well, it wasn't exactly advertised as a dance, but looking around the room, that's exactly what it was. For the most part, at least. She maneuvered her way around the room, looking at everything the gathering had to offer. Her wings had narrowly avoided hitting a few things here and there, namely a dancing skeleton cutting a rug on the dance floor.

At least she'd thought to wear a holster for her muggle-style fairy wand. It was cute and all, but she didn't want to carry it around all night. Whoa. Was that...Schmoe dressed as a banana? Isla laughed lightheartedly. She hadn't known the man too long, but this was so typical of him. He did look like he was having fun, though. Scoping the room, she saw a few familiar faces...Blake, Chloe, Claudine, and Asher... "Hey, guys," she said. There was also another Hufflepuff boy she saw, but she didn't know him all that well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Finneas was in the ~~~~zoooone~~~~. The DANCE zone, that is. This music was entirely foreign to him, but he was having such a good time bumbling about all by his lonesome. He did wave at all his students though. It was quite a shame that no one joining him in bustin' out the moves. QUITE A SHAME, INDEED. Which is why he kept looking up. Were they intimidated by how great he was at this? Did he need to dial it down to a more manageable rhythm for them?

These were all questions that he was thinking about when the young Hufflepuff made his way over. "Mr. Fawley!" Finneas exclaimed with the most joy a banana had ever expressed. "Errrrr thank you," he gave the young man an awkward smile, watching him in turn. Oh. That was an interesting movement.

Schmoe tried to replicate it with all the grace of an elephant walking across a frozen pond. No grace. There was none of it. "Shweeet moves, yourself, Mr. Fawley!" That's right. Finneas was down with the youth of today. He was picking up what Mr. Fawley was putting down.

Was this..........
A DANCE OFF?


Because Schmoe was entirely sure that it was. Which meant, he was raising Asher's Orange Justice by one Chicken Dance.


Blake smiling at Isla and her costume. "Hey ... Isla right?" He added, he wasn't sure if they actually met in person before, but he had heard her name in lessons and the common room... Wait was that stalker-ish?? He certainly hoped not, they did after all share a common room. "Wanna dance?" He ask her .. well the group in general and pointed toward Professor Schmoe and the other student.

Without waiting for an actually answer from Isla, Blake shuffled his way on to the dance floor. "Nice chicken dance Professor." He added and he started to bob and sway... "Watch this!" He added, performing his very best "Floss" dance ... ha ... He had mastered ... Thank you... Next ... (that was a song right?) Blake laughed at his own thoughts.
__________________
love-for-HP is offline  
Old 01-22-2020, 04:29 PM   #11 (permalink)



DERP & DMLE
Ramora
 
laurange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kita's pocket
Posts: 5,229

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simran E. Sandhu
Graduated

Student Character:
Benjamin Stylinson
First Year
Slytherin
x9 x6

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
Environmental Protection
Default
½ of Lauralie | Koala | The being in Ern's pocket | Baby Smurf | Prouf member of The Flock

Hair up in two buns and a long, white, shift-dress on, Simran was beyond ready to party. It'd been quite a while since she'd been invited to a party of any sort, certainly none of the fancy kind since her husband passed, and none of the actually fun kind since people started thinking she was too old for said fun. Too old for fun, however, was she not. Not when she was here, dressed as Princess-slash-General Leia Organa.

She wasn't sure when a good time to arrive was, but seeing the room beginning to fill as she planned to strategically walk by, decided now was as good a time as any.

The decor was impressive, but she would expect nothing less from Carwyn. He had the whole world at his disposal, being a Transfiguration whizz. But yes. Very impressive. Most impressive of all seemed to be the dancing skeleton, which seemed to be doing some very familiar moves.

Hm.

She drew closer, looking down at the bony feet and mirroring the movements with her own. "Left, back, cha-cha- oh, that's not a cha-cha-cha," she said, nose wrinkling as she tried again on the next downbeat. "Left, back, three-and-four, five-and- AH HA."

It was a JIVE. She could jive! In fact, she'd been mirroring the skeleton pretty well since she'd figured it out. All it took for the skeleton to grab her hand was her stumbling over the hem of her dress and all of a sudden, she was dancing. It'd been a long time, and she was rusty, but she certainly could do some things.

"Love what you've done with the place," she called out at Carwyn, as soon as she was in earshot. "I'm dancing with death!"

And she was really loving the allegory.
__________________

PLAYFUL | AFFECTIONATE | PERCEPTIVE
knows more than you might think
laurange is offline  
Old 01-23-2020, 04:14 AM   #12 (permalink)



DMC & DMGS
Dwarf
 
Anna Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 35,526

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Isla Bellchant
First Year
x1
Default Everybody!
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

What on earth was Schmoe doing? And where did he get all that energy from? Only Schmoe could pull off that costume and that kind of dancing and still come out on the other end still a pretty cool guy. Asher looked like he was giving him a good run for his money, though! Isla laughed lightheartedly at her new friend. Now THIS was going to be some good entertainment for the night!

Hearing her name, she looked over to see that Blake had made his way over. She nodded. "That's right. You're Blake, right?" she replied. It had started getting easier putting names and faces together, especially among members of Slytherin house. She couldn't help the slight blush that appeared on her face the very next second. He was...asking her...to dance? *gulp* But then she realized that he meant for everybody to dance together as a group, and that helped her nerves a LOT. "Yeah, sure! I love to dance!"

It was true. Before she came to Hogwarts, she'd taken studio dance lessons with her friends from muggle school. She wasn't about to put on a ballet show for everybody here tonight, but she at least knew how to move to the beat. She managed to maneuver her way into the thick of things, right near all the Orange Justice'ing and Chicken Dancing going on.
__________________
The Bellchants____________________________@IslaBellchant

Ollerton Family____________________Bellchant Family
Anna Banana is online now  
Old 01-23-2020, 07:17 PM   #13 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,378

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Sixth Year
x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Chloe heard the word dancing and moved a bit further to the back of the room. It wasn't that she couldn't dance, her years at her mother's studio proved she could, she just didn't want to show it in front of others. Not in this costume with these heels. She waved at Isla and grinned at the others.

"I could help judge the dance-off if the professors are dancing too."

Was it that kind of dance-off or the dance-off that you do until someone messes up? Maybe she shouldn't have offered if it was that kind. Either way she figured she could just clap and be supportive.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 01-24-2020, 02:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


MO
Sphinx
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 47,815

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office
Default
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Evil Twin | #DancingQueen | BHB

Bernie sometimes wondered if the only type of party wizards knew about was a ball. She entered in her kneazle costume, which was essentially just transfigured leggings, a transfigured sweatshirt, and a transfigured headband, because she hadn't figured out how to do the tail, and wandered over to the dance floor.

OF COURSE that was Schmoe out there in the banana costume. Was he a professor or a child? She still couldn't decide.

Bernie took note of Blake and his costume, but then started to get red in the face as he began dancing with Isla. Wow. Okay. You show up to one party late fashionably on time and your dance partner moves on to someone new. Huh.

She turned up her nose at him and stalked away to stand by Claudine, the true Slytherin here. Blake was basically a Puffer anyway. She didn't need him. "Hi," she greeted her friend tersely.
__________________
I'm sorry if I hurt you, I'm sorry if it got that bad | I'm sorry I can't help you, somebody should've had your back
BanaBatGirl is offline  
Old 01-24-2020, 05:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMT & DMLE
Streeler
 
Fireheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Naboo
Posts: 229

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Avalon Sinclair
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Grae Fairfield
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Ryder Medina
Law Enforcement
Default

So Halloween might not be her favorite holiday in the world. Looking back on it, Avalon found it extremely odd that as a child, it was perfectly acceptable to knock on strangers' doors and ask for treats. Who even came up with that? However, she had some great memories of eating delicious Muggle candy with her brother and sister. And some great Halloween costumes, too.

Which is exactly why she decided to attend Professor Eris's Halloween celebration. She had spent several hours perfecting her phoenix costume, which consisted of an orange and scarlet feathered gown. The best part was that Professor Fuller-Thompson had helped her charm the dress to make it crackle with flames at the bottom. They weren't real flames of course, and they wouldn't burn her or anything around her. But they looked wicked cool if you asked Avalon.

Upon entering the classroom, her eyes were drawn immediately to her Head of House, who was dressed as.....a banana? And the banana was tearing up the dance floor. Unable to suppress a giggle, Avalon scooted to the side of the room to observe. "Hey Minjae! Sweet costume. You look like a sneaky ninja," she called out to the Hufflepuff boy.

She noticed a bobbing for apples setup before seeing her Astronomy professor dressed in a familiar space princess outfit. "Professor Sandhu! May the force be with you," Avalon exclaimed with a smile as she made her way over to the woman. "My grandparents used to watch those movies all the time. They always had them on when they watched my sister and me. I love your costume." If only she had a lightsaber. Avalon surprisingly enjoyed the weird space saga movies.
Fireheart is offline  
Old 01-24-2020, 09:07 AM   #16 (permalink)


DoM
Niffler
 
Samia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: sappyville♥
Posts: 20,371

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Missa A. Renaldi
Sixth Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Hazen Krum
Mysteries
Default
*sappysapper* MAJNOO, YO!

Missa was SO EXCITED. And that was saying something, considering how she had been during the last school gathering. The ball was a disaster - until she had gotten out of there, of course, - but tonight, this party would be FUN.

Because like Evan said - she needed to chill a little, at least before the panic of NEWTs finally set in.

So, hand in hand, with her favourite Slytherin, the brunette arrived at the party - dressed as 'Lara Croft' because why not?? She was REALLY proud of putting the entire thing together like she remembered from the muggle movie too - only because Professor Eris' spells had worked wonders once she had gotten the hang of it. Trying not to swing her knee-length braid all too much, she glanced at Eiji, and tugged him further inside, before coming to a halt altogether when she noticed her head of house.

o m g.

"Is that professor Schmoe? and merlin .... he is dancing"
__________________

I, feel something so right doing the wrong thing----------
-------------------I could lie, could lie, could lie
---------------Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly
Samia is offline  
Old 01-24-2020, 02:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO & DMT
Firecrab
 
love-for-HP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 717

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Blake P. Ryan
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Marcel Riggs
Transportation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Bernie sometimes wondered if the only type of party wizards knew about was a ball. She entered in her kneazle costume, which was essentially just transfigured leggings, a transfigured sweatshirt, and a transfigured headband, because she hadn't figured out how to do the tail, and wandered over to the dance floor.

OF COURSE that was Schmoe out there in the banana costume. Was he a professor or a child? She still couldn't decide.

Bernie took note of Blake and his costume, but then started to get red in the face as he began dancing with Isla. Wow. Okay. You show up to one party late fashionably on time and your dance partner moves on to someone new. Huh.

She turned up her nose at him and stalked away to stand by Claudine, the true Slytherin here. Blake was basically a Puffer anyway. She didn't need him. "Hi," she greeted her friend tersely.
Blake was dancing away, he was really getting the hang of this. Isla had joined him with Professor Schmoe and the other student that he could not for the life of him remember the name of when Bernadette walked in. His face split into a huge grin. He loved her costume. He waved her over hoping she would come dance with him to ... I mean they had after all been dance partners at the last one when she turned and ... walked away ... well that was unusual.

"I'll be right back." He told his dance partners on the floor and walked over to her.

"Hey Bernadette!" He smiled at her again. "I like your costume ...I came rather generic." He added thinking he had after chosen a muggle attire rather than magical... another very un-slytherin thing to do. "Wanna join us on the dance floor?" He added pointing toward the group. "You can come to Claudine..." He added since they were after all in the vicinity of her ... Blake didn't know weather or not he wanted Claudine to come ... she always made things more complicated than they needed to be... she had a thing against him for whatever reason.
__________________

Last edited by love-for-HP; 01-24-2020 at 08:10 PM.
love-for-HP is offline  
Old 01-24-2020, 03:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Co-DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Erumpent
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 34,446

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Sixth Year
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samia View Post
Missa was SO EXCITED. And that was saying something, considering how she had been during the last school gathering. The ball was a disaster - until she had gotten out of there, of course, - but tonight, this party would be FUN.

Because like Evan said - she needed to chill a little, at least before the panic of NEWTs finally set in.

So, hand in hand, with her favourite Slytherin, the brunette arrived at the party - dressed as 'Lara Croft' because why not?? She was REALLY proud of putting the entire thing together like she remembered from the muggle movie too - only because Professor Eris' spells had worked wonders once she had gotten the hang of it. Trying not to swing her knee-length braid all too much, she glanced at Eiji, and tugged him further inside, before coming to a halt altogether when she noticed her head of house.

o m g.

"Is that professor Schmoe? and merlin .... he is dancing"
This was so far from being his scene and he hoped Missa understood just how far out on a limb he was going for her 'fun' this Halloween. He hadn't dressed up for the holiday since his first year where he had embarrassingly going around as Harry Potter. Whatever had possessed him to do that, besides finding it amusing to refer to himself as 'the Chosen One', was beyond him. Still, his girlfriend was excited and he would be damned if he were the reason that was smothered.

So he had taken her suggestion and gone through his clothes to find adequate equivalents - khaki pants, brown laced up boots, a dark brown dragonhide jacket, a dress shirt, and some dopey looking brown Fedora-like hat that was also in dark brown. Apparently the hat was the most important part of the whole look and one that he didn't mind. At the very least he could cover his face a bit.

Which is exactly what he was doing now and they had only just arrived. He did not want to see Professor S'more dancing. Or any professor dancing for that matter.

It was like seeing a newt tap dance and newts were meant to be either pets or potions ingredients, not dancers.

"....let's go get something to drink."

Between that dancing skeleton and the BaMANna, Eiji wanted nothing to do with the dance floor.
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 01-25-2020, 02:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod


DMAC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 200,144

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Second Year
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

Claudine had now covered her mouth to stop herself from giggling louder. Schmoe was quite the clown and so was this first year. Asher was his name? “Hi, Isla.’’ She eyed the costume the first year was wearing and was impressed. “Nice job on that costume. All that hard work in Transfiguration paid off.’’ Then there was a Blake doing that weird and stupid Floss. Claudine rolled her eyes after watching him for a bit. But Professor Sandhu! The Snakette thought the woman was more graceful with her moves.

“I’ll judge with you, Chloe,’’ she piped up, even if it were just to save herself from being forced to dance with anyone. See? She was thinking at least one step ahead. No sooner that the words out of her mouth, she heard that familiar voice beside her. “Hello,’’ Claudine remarked casually. She chanced a small glance at Bernie, in time to see the redness still up on the girl’s face. Her gaze flicked back to Blake who was dancing with Isla (what, was he trying to establish himself as a ladies man?). So, Bernie was here beside her because Blake was dancing with someone else? Because Blake was busy Bernie just thought that Claudine was available as a second option of someone to talk to?

“Not really,’’ Claudine replied coldly to Blake who had now joined them. “You two… just go.’’ It was clear that Blake was rather eager to dance with Bernie as he had last term.
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is online now  
Old 01-27-2020, 05:07 PM   #20 (permalink)


DoM
Niffler
 
Samia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: sappyville♥
Posts: 20,371

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Missa A. Renaldi
Sixth Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Hazen Krum
Mysteries
Default
*sappysapper* MAJNOO, YO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

This was so far from being his scene and he hoped Missa understood just how far out on a limb he was going for her 'fun' this Halloween. He hadn't dressed up for the holiday since his first year where he had embarrassingly going around as Harry Potter. Whatever had possessed him to do that, besides finding it amusing to refer to himself as 'the Chosen One', was beyond him. Still, his girlfriend was excited and he would be damned if he were the reason that was smothered.

So he had taken her suggestion and gone through his clothes to find adequate equivalents - khaki pants, brown laced up boots, a dark brown dragonhide jacket, a dress shirt, and some dopey looking brown Fedora-like hat that was also in dark brown. Apparently the hat was the most important part of the whole look and one that he didn't mind. At the very least he could cover his face a bit.

Which is exactly what he was doing now and they had only just arrived. He did not want to see Professor S'more dancing. Or any professor dancing for that matter.

It was like seeing a newt tap dance and newts were meant to be either pets or potions ingredients, not dancers.

"....let's go get something to drink."

Between that dancing skeleton and the BaMANna, Eiji wanted nothing to do with the dance floor.
Eiji Rasting PLEASE.

In all honesty though, Missa wasn't entirely surprised by his mood. It was kind of a common theme with him these days. It was almost as if as the terms were going by, his sour mood was becoming more prominent. She tried to not address it directly - in fear of irritating him further, which she felt she did often these days - but she was hoping one of these days he would end up confiding in her anyway.

So, TRYING to only focus on the good things, she chuckled and tugged his hand - twirling herself by it before moving toward the drinks table.

"Okay, but when Professor Schmoe is done doing whatever it is ... he is doing right now - can we at least please have ONE dance?"
__________________

I, feel something so right doing the wrong thing----------
-------------------I could lie, could lie, could lie
---------------Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly
Samia is offline  
Old 01-29-2020, 12:33 AM   #21 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


MO
Sphinx
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 47,815

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office
Default Blake & Claudine (& Isla) :3
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Evil Twin | #DancingQueen | BHB

Oh nowwwwww he saw her, and was abandoning his current dancing partner to come over here. Pfffffft. That was so Blake. Bernie hurriedly turned around to pour herself a drink from one of the mystery... er, drink things, hoping it was secretly a pumpkin juice. She pretend to be busy sipping it while looking at Claudine and wondering if it was just her or if her friend had been avoiding her all semester so far...

And now Blake was over here. "Nooooo," she replied at the same time as Claudine's colder "no." Wait, what??? You two just go???! Bernie tried not to look shocked at this attempted separation. "No, I mean, no thanks, Blake. I haven't talked to Claudine in a while so...." she trailed off by eyeing her colder female friend. "I like your costume too. And Isla's. You and Isla look good on the dance floor, so don't leave her all alone out there, okay?"

Bernie chuckled awkwardly, fake friendly like, and then hid her face behind her cup. She wasn't jealous OR confused, okay. She just wanted to talk to Claudine like old times.
__________________
I'm sorry if I hurt you, I'm sorry if it got that bad | I'm sorry I can't help you, somebody should've had your back
BanaBatGirl is offline  
Old 01-29-2020, 02:36 AM   #22 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO & DMT
Firecrab
 
love-for-HP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 717

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Blake P. Ryan
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Marcel Riggs
Transportation
Default Claudine, Bernadette, and Isla

Blake stood just staring ... what in the name of Merlin was happening right now? And he said just that! "What in the name of Merlin is going on?" He added looking at the 2 girls in particular. I mean no big deal if Bernadette and Claudine wanted to just hang out with the two of them, but he didn't feel he deserve this behavior.

He was getting redder by the second with anger this time. "I was dancing with everyone for your information Bernadette." And then he rounded on Claudine. "And you... He even took the liberty to point at her. "If you have such a problem you should just leave." He was rather furious with them all.. Isla was just an innocent bystander in all this, but none the less she as a girl. "You all suck." He added and turned on his own heel to go join Professor Schmoe back on the dance floor.
__________________
love-for-HP is offline  
Old 02-01-2020, 09:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod


DMAC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 200,144

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Second Year
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Megan Baines
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports
Default Bernie & Blake! <3
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

Claudine could not figure out why Bernie looked so shocked at the urging of her and Blake to go. Surely by now Bernie realised that Claudine had abandoned their friendship… and the cause of it was standing right before them in scrubs. But it seemed that the Gryffindor was stubborn about talking to her. Well, Claudine could say quite confidently that she didn’t wish to be talking with either of them; she’d rather be judging with Chloe. “I’m sure Blake and Isla wouldn’t mind if you joined them, Bernadette. Especially Blake.’’

The Snakette folded her arms and looked cooly over at Blake. One of her eyebrows arched when he decided to point at her. “I don’t remember this being your party so you can’t even try to throw me out.’’ Her tone remained frigid and full of dislike for him. Who did he think he was, anyway? The Professor in charge of this little party? Ha.

Claudine glanced expectantly at Bernie, waiting for the girl to follow the departing Slytherin.
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is online now  
Old 02-02-2020, 02:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Co-DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Erumpent
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 34,446

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Sixth Year
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samia View Post
Eiji Rasting PLEASE.

In all honesty though, Missa wasn't entirely surprised by his mood. It was kind of a common theme with him these days. It was almost as if as the terms were going by, his sour mood was becoming more prominent. She tried to not address it directly - in fear of irritating him further, which she felt she did often these days - but she was hoping one of these days he would end up confiding in her anyway.

So, TRYING to only focus on the good things, she chuckled and tugged his hand - twirling herself by it before moving toward the drinks table.

"Okay, but when Professor Schmoe is done doing whatever it is ... he is doing right now - can we at least please have ONE dance?"
Missa Renaldi, you're welcome.

If she wanted to dance now, he would go out on the dance floor and dance with her. Though the sudden twirl by his side now likely gave little indication of that as his arm had been stiff with surprise.

"...I don't think that man ever does stop," he noted casually as he grabbed cups for her and himself and pour each other drinks. But first, before consumption, he slips some of litmus papers of his own creation into the liquid to test. One could never be TOO cautious at Hogwarts these days. While turning into a duck hadn't be the worst of fates, he would just rather not take any chances. "You can have as many dances as you want, Missa," says as he offers her her cup and pushes his hat up by the brim with his thumb. "But if you really want one...I suggest we not wait for him to get tired and leave."
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 02-02-2020, 10:53 PM   #25 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


MO
Sphinx
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 47,815

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office
Default
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Evil Twin | #DancingQueen | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by love-for-HP View Post
Blake stood just staring ... what in the name of Merlin was happening right now? And he said just that! "What in the name of Merlin is going on?" He added looking at the 2 girls in particular. I mean no big deal if Bernadette and Claudine wanted to just hang out with the two of them, but he didn't feel he deserve this behavior.

He was getting redder by the second with anger this time. "I was dancing with everyone for your information Bernadette." And then he rounded on Claudine. "And you... He even took the liberty to point at her. "If you have such a problem you should just leave." He was rather furious with them all.. Isla was just an innocent bystander in all this, but none the less she as a girl. "You all suck." He added and turned on his own heel to go join Professor Schmoe back on the dance floor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Claudine could not figure out why Bernie looked so shocked at the urging of her and Blake to go. Surely by now Bernie realised that Claudine had abandoned their friendship… and the cause of it was standing right before them in scrubs. But it seemed that the Gryffindor was stubborn about talking to her. Well, Claudine could say quite confidently that she didn’t wish to be talking with either of them; she’d rather be judging with Chloe. “I’m sure Blake and Isla wouldn’t mind if you joined them, Bernadette. Especially Blake.’’

The Snakette folded her arms and looked cooly over at Blake. One of her eyebrows arched when he decided to point at her. “I don’t remember this being your party so you can’t even try to throw me out.’’ Her tone remained frigid and full of dislike for him. Who did he think he was, anyway? The Professor in charge of this little party? Ha.

Claudine glanced expectantly at Bernie, waiting for the girl to follow the departing Slytherin.
Look, Blake, Bernie didn't know what was going on either????? Bernie eyed Blake, just barely opening her mouth to respond, when he said you all suck! and left them standing there, gaping after him.

Well then.

"Classic Blake," Bernie sighed, turning again to Claudine. Back in the day, they'd have been laughing and mocking Blake, but Claudine didn't look much like she was about to laugh. Bernie noticed the hard posture of her friends, arms crossed and attitude on, and tilted her head at her. "Okay, I don't know what your deal is, but I'm not going anywhere either." She stuck her hand on her hip and took a longgggg sip of her punch. "I came over here to talk to YOU, Claudine. I noticed you've been avoiding me."
__________________
I'm sorry if I hurt you, I'm sorry if it got that bad | I'm sorry I can't help you, somebody should've had your back
BanaBatGirl is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:14 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193