sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 2414 users online including...
urdenanto , Lislchen , sweetpinkpixie , Krel Ansell , Samia , Sangeetha , Matassupe , itaHat , natekka , KelNeigue

13 members
2401 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive > The Worple and Warmsley Magical Travelling Carnival

The Worple and Warmsley Magical Travelling Carnival The Worple and Warmsley Magical Travelling Carnival is here for the first time in Diagon Alley. Sponsored by all your favourite shops of Diagon Alley, the carnival is here for the summer! With magical rides and games, food stalls, knick-knacks and entertainment, this is a party for all ages that you won't want to miss.

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-31-2011, 11:31 AM
Con_Stripes Con_Stripes is offline
 
Default Carnival Food & Refreshments


Satiate your appetite and your thirst at our food and refreshment area! Enjoy foodie favorites while taking a break from the excitement of the carnival. Please note that prices are subject to change. I.D. is required for alcoholic beverages. All candy has been treated with an engorgement charm and is jumbo-sized.

OOC: Feel free to interact with the Carnival Food & Refreshments Carnie, Olivia di Santos (SilverTiger), chat, play and grab a bite to eat!

Remember that Snitchseeker site rules and the Diagon Alley Rules apply at all times. If you have any questions, you can ask them in the Diagon Alley Questions thread.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:05 AM   #326 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

I Snuggle Werewuffs!
Love Potioneer
Moke
 
GlassXRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lost in time/space
Posts: 8,970

Ministry RPG Name:
Elinor Danvers
Default
|Who's On First? | Challenge Accepted.| | :Ink For Blood: | Team SUITS!|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macavity View Post
As she seemed unbelieving of his permission given to her, Nigel briefly wondered if he had made a big mistake in giving it to her. He listened to Elinor go over the list of availiable options, giving some relief when some of the more...unsavory items were knocked off the choices by the woman herself.

Popcorn...popcorn wasn't too bad.

And he'd certainly be careful about the kernals. At her further question, he thought it over for a moment, nearly coughing as she extended her offer ridiculusly. Now where did that come from...did he look like he needed to eat more?

"No that wouldn't be necessary," he assured her when she offered the whole booth to him. "Popcorn...with both. And a butterbeer is fine," the shopkeeper said finally answering her questions. Might as well go all in even just this once.
Elinor laughed when he declined the entire booth, before turning and requesting two popcorns, salt and butter, and Nigel's butterbeer. She, herself wasn't thirsty, which was good since she'd have to drop it if anything happened. If. After handing over the money, she turned and handed Nigel his popcorn and butterbeer before picking up her own.

"I really probably shouldn't, since I can't forget i'm technically on the job", she told herself outloud as she took a bite of popcorn. "but I can always say it's part of staying inconspicuous," she rationalized before picking up a few more buttered pieces.

She thought for just a second about the popcorn... And how childish it probably seemed to him. Of course, Nigel was pretty skinny, at least by her standards, and probably ate, like, two bites of every meal and was done. BUT he hadn't objected, so there.

"Well, I'm afraid I won't be very much fun, seeing as I can't leave this area of the carnival, and you're certainly under no obligation to stay with me. Carnivals don't come in every day, you know," she said. She really WASN'T much company, at least while at work, and the last thing she wanted to do was take away the few moments of leisure he had.

...But were it up to her, he'd never leave, so THOSE WORDS she never actually said. Nosir. She was simply reminding him that he, being Nigel, did not have to stay around people that weren't his cup of tea. Which, she had gotten the impression, wasn't hardly anyone at all. But at least he was acting like he didn't mind. That made her feel better.
__________________
GlassXRose is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 03:05 AM   #327 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


MO
Sphinx
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 47,673

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office
Default
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Evil Twin | #DancingQueen | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
Paulie smiled when she seemed to find his antics amusing as well.

Anyhow... It's like she was taking her time in answering, just to keep him on the edge of his seat. If he were sitting. In fact, that was probably exactly what the girl was doing. That IS what girls did for fun, he was sure. He gulped when she licked her lips. Well.....? Well WHUT?! But a grin slowly made its way onto his face. "Ohh, I see. Yep - I'm sure it's a very difficult thing to determine... needs lotsa trials to base your decision on," he nodded.

... He PASSED! He totally passed, he could tell. FOR real. Paulie Foster, making his way to CoolTown.

He laughed, not entirely sure why. Probably 'cause he just found out he wasn't a sucky kisser, or because he just kissed a hottie McDottie, TWICE, or because he was finally drying off from that darn lemonade. "I guess we'll just have to kiss every time we bump into each other, then, huh? Since you gotta figure this whole.." he waved his hand around in the air. "..thing out." Yes, this whole try-out thing.
"It's like you read my mind," Tori murmured, smirking to herself as he practically voiced her thoughts. Yes, he had passed, but she wasn't about to just yell that out like a crazy woman.

That would be most undignified for a Princess.

"Well, that sure sounds like the only solution," she agreed, giving his hand a cutesy squeeze before letting go. "Only time will tell."

Unless he was ready for callbacks, already? Heh.
__________________
I just want coffee for breakfast; I just want warm cups of tea; I just might love you forever.

I hope you warm up to me. I hope your dreams are amazing. I hope your dreams are amazing.
BanaBatGirl is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 03:34 AM   #328 (permalink)


DERP
Mooncalf
 
Cedric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Winterfell
Posts: 6,700

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Samuel Chevalier
Graduated
x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Schuyler Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection
Default
Aidella | King of Confusion | Brittana | Forever ACROMANTULA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
"It's like you read my mind," Tori murmured, smirking to herself as he practically voiced her thoughts. Yes, he had passed, but she wasn't about to just yell that out like a crazy woman.

That would be most undignified for a Princess.

"Well, that sure sounds like the only solution," she agreed, giving his hand a cutesy squeeze before letting go. "Only time will tell."

Unless he was ready for callbacks, already? Heh.

What could he say, he was a genius? Okay, that was a stretch.

Paulie gave a lopsided smile as Victoria agreed, then glanced down briefly when she dropped his hand. He took hers back and leaned down before quickly kissing the top of it. "I forgot the traditional hand-kiss, ya know," he added, looking slightly up at her as his torso was still leaned over. The boy then straightened up to his usual lankiness. "I think it's a requirement for Princesses."

A thought then occurred to him, one that had passed through his mind momentarily a few minutes ago. "Uh, so.... how many guys are trying out?"
Cedric is offline  
Old 08-31-2011, 02:19 AM   #329 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


MO
Sphinx
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 47,673

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office
Default
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Evil Twin | #DancingQueen | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric View Post

What could he say, he was a genius? Okay, that was a stretch.

Paulie gave a lopsided smile as Victoria agreed, then glanced down briefly when she dropped his hand. He took hers back and leaned down before quickly kissing the top of it. "I forgot the traditional hand-kiss, ya know," he added, looking slightly up at her as his torso was still leaned over. The boy then straightened up to his usual lankiness. "I think it's a requirement for Princesses."

A thought then occurred to him, one that had passed through his mind momentarily a few minutes ago. "Uh, so.... how many guys are trying out?"
Oh, oh? Princess Tori was getting a bonus kiss! YAY Sir Lemonade Knight YAY! She was torn between giggles and a giant grin as Paulie bent and gave her hand a smooch and everything.

AWWWWWWWWW!

"Hehee," the Princess giggled evilly. "That's for me to know, and you to.... not find out." She winked. "But if makes you feel any better, you're the first."
__________________
I just want coffee for breakfast; I just want warm cups of tea; I just might love you forever.

I hope you warm up to me. I hope your dreams are amazing. I hope your dreams are amazing.
BanaBatGirl is offline  
Old 08-31-2011, 02:43 AM   #330 (permalink)


DERP
Mooncalf
 
Cedric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Winterfell
Posts: 6,700

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Samuel Chevalier
Graduated
x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Schuyler Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection
Default
Aidella | King of Confusion | Brittana | Forever ACROMANTULA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Oh, oh? Princess Tori was getting a bonus kiss! YAY Sir Lemonade Knight YAY! She was torn between giggles and a giant grin as Paulie bent and gave her hand a smooch and everything.

AWWWWWWWWW!

"Hehee," the Princess giggled evilly. "That's for me to know, and you to.... not find out." She winked. "But if makes you feel any better, you're the first."
Yah yahhhh, Paulie felt that he had actually done a half-decent performance here. Mhmm. 'Cause she was grinning and giggling and those were good signs, weren't they? They were indeed!

PFFFFT. He made that sound, too. Pfft. 'For her to know and him to find out'?! Here he was, trying out all nicely and protecting her from airborne lemonade, and she wouldn't even answer his question. Tsk, tsk. "Fiiine," he said, shoulders sagging in disappointment. He smirked and shook his head. The first of many, he thought. "Hmm.. well, I guess it's comforting to know that I didn't kiss you right after you were sucking face with a bearded twit or something." He didn't know why, but he was picturing a lumberjack.
Cedric is offline  
Old 08-31-2011, 02:47 AM   #331 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


MO
Sphinx
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 47,673

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office
Default *whistles* we gotta wrap dis up. CHOO CHOO. :(
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Evil Twin | #DancingQueen | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
Yah yahhhh, Paulie felt that he had actually done a half-decent performance here. Mhmm. 'Cause she was grinning and giggling and those were good signs, weren't they? They were indeed!

PFFFFT. He made that sound, too. Pfft. 'For her to know and him to find out'?! Here he was, trying out all nicely and protecting her from airborne lemonade, and she wouldn't even answer his question. Tsk, tsk. "Fiiine," he said, shoulders sagging in disappointment. He smirked and shook his head. The first of many, he thought. "Hmm.. well, I guess it's comforting to know that I didn't kiss you right after you were sucking face with a bearded twit or something." He didn't know why, but he was picturing a lumberjack.
Victoria laughed out loud now, not even bothering to disguise her giggles. Look at how disappointed he was! That was a good sign, right?

"Nooooooo nooo," she tsked, patting his hand again. "I don't do beards. I like the clean-shaven look. Maybe a little scruffle, a shadow or whatever, but there's nothing wrong with seeing a boy's tidy face."

Like his. Tidy. Good chin. She likey.
__________________
I just want coffee for breakfast; I just want warm cups of tea; I just might love you forever.

I hope you warm up to me. I hope your dreams are amazing. I hope your dreams are amazing.
BanaBatGirl is offline  
Old 08-31-2011, 03:04 AM   #332 (permalink)


DERP
Mooncalf
 
Cedric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Winterfell
Posts: 6,700

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Samuel Chevalier
Graduated
x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Schuyler Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection
Default *wraps it up in gift wrap* =)
Aidella | King of Confusion | Brittana | Forever ACROMANTULA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Victoria laughed out loud now, not even bothering to disguise her giggles. Look at how disappointed he was! That was a good sign, right?

"Nooooooo nooo," she tsked, patting his hand again. "I don't do beards. I like the clean-shaven look. Maybe a little scruffle, a shadow or whatever, but there's nothing wrong with seeing a boy's tidy face."

Like his. Tidy. Good chin. She likey.
Paulie eyed her. No beards, huh? Okay, she looked like she was telling the truth, so he decided to take her word for it. "All right.... good! I better not see ya kissing any bearded seventh-years, then." If there were any seventh-years who could even grow facial hair..

The boy sighed and looked down at the tee shirt in his hands, then back to Tori. "Welp, Princess, I think my shirt is just about dry.." Despite it's new yellow hue. "But I'll probably catch you on the train or at that feast thing." And, Merlin help her, she better not be drinking exploding lemonade at that feast.
Cedric is offline  
Old 08-31-2011, 03:13 AM   #333 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


MO
Sphinx
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 47,673

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office
Default d'awww and with a ribbon tooooo!
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Evil Twin | #DancingQueen | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
Paulie eyed her. No beards, huh? Okay, she looked like she was telling the truth, so he decided to take her word for it. "All right.... good! I better not see ya kissing any bearded seventh-years, then." If there were any seventh-years who could even grow facial hair..

The boy sighed and looked down at the tee shirt in his hands, then back to Tori. "Welp, Princess, I think my shirt is just about dry.." Despite it's new yellow hue. "But I'll probably catch you on the train or at that feast thing." And, Merlin help her, she better not be drinking exploding lemonade at that feast.
"Psh. No beards for me." He didn't say SHAVEN seventh-years were off limits though. Heehe.

Tori also sighed at the sight of the dry shirt. Shame. She was really getting used to being in the company of a shirtless boy, too. "I'd better see you at school," Tori corrected, giving Paulie a little poke in the chest. "Until then..."

She started walking away, stopping just once to blow a kiss over her shoulder.
__________________
I just want coffee for breakfast; I just want warm cups of tea; I just might love you forever.

I hope you warm up to me. I hope your dreams are amazing. I hope your dreams are amazing.
BanaBatGirl is offline  
Old 09-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #334 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Mooncalf
 
phoenix_tears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Underwater (:
Posts: 6,578

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charles Fitzgerald
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Brittany DeSalle
Department of Mysteries
Default
Heart keeper ♥ l Rawrrr ll domestïc equïne ll cherryy''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Evi3e <3 View Post
Food? He could do food, well he wasn't the best cook in the world but he could certainly find a good food stall for something to eat. "Right you are" He said to Brittany giving her a smile before he began to push and shove through the crowd once more in search for a food stall. He kept a close grip on her hand as he moved, making a clear path for her. He was such a gentleman.

He didn't know how long he shoved and pushed through the crowd through the carnival in search for a food stall but after a while he saw one not far from where they stood. "There's a stall over there" He said pointing at it before realizing Brittany might not be able to see it. Letting his hand drop he began to push through the crowd in that direction.
Brittany made her way behind him towards the food stalls. She noticed that he was doing a lot of pushing and shoving to clear a place for her to walk evenly. She smiled slightly, Bradley seemed to be such a gentleman.

The crowd around the stalls became thinner as people were spread around, she was glad about this and sighed in relief. "This is better, I hate crowds." She told him, stopping in her tracks and holding his hand back so that he stopped with her. It was much easier to breath here, for her anyway as she always found trouble in breathing in crowds.

"Shall we go get something then?" She asked him, pointing ahead to what seemed like the main stall that had the menu.
__________________

Palm trees, Ocean breeze ..
Salt air, Sun bleached hair ..
Endless Summer; Take me there .. ♥
phoenix_tears is offline  
Old 09-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #335 (permalink)

Graphorn
 
Ladybug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: University.
Posts: 17,581

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Enya Mayberry
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bradley "Brad" Wills.
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Workaholic || HOGwart | iloveyou. || SnowQueenEviee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_tears View Post
Brittany made her way behind him towards the food stalls. She noticed that he was doing a lot of pushing and shoving to clear a place for her to walk evenly. She smiled slightly, Bradley seemed to be such a gentleman.

The crowd around the stalls became thinner as people were spread around, she was glad about this and sighed in relief. "This is better, I hate crowds." She told him, stopping in her tracks and holding his hand back so that he stopped with her. It was much easier to breath here, for her anyway as she always found trouble in breathing in crowds.

"Shall we go get something then?" She asked him, pointing ahead to what seemed like the main stall that had the menu.
He was glad when the crowds began to thin as he got further into the carnival itself. As he walked he looked left and right at the various attractions which were full of laughing people young and old, he also looked at the waiting lines which were far to long for his liking. While he was admiring all this he still searched for a food stand.

It was quiet a surprise when he felt Brittany tug on his hand to stop him, he turned as she spoke wondering if something was wrong. Oh right crowds, he didn't mind them most days. "There alright, you just need someone like me to help you get through them" He joked chuckling.

He turned towards the way she was pointing then and saw a food stand staring back at him. How'd he miss that? Maybe he'd been admiring the rides too much. Hm. Brad looked at the stand for a moment before turning back to Brittany smiling. "Sure, anything in mind?" He asked leading her over.
__________________
__________Chapter 17 of "A Broken Wing" Is up now!___________

___________________Look Who's Back.
Beware.
Ladybug is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 11:25 AM   #336 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Mooncalf
 
phoenix_tears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Underwater (:
Posts: 6,578

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charles Fitzgerald
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Brittany DeSalle
Department of Mysteries
Default
Heart keeper ♥ l Rawrrr ll domestïc equïne ll cherryy''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Evi3e <3 View Post
He was glad when the crowds began to thin as he got further into the carnival itself. As he walked he looked left and right at the various attractions which were full of laughing people young and old, he also looked at the waiting lines which were far to long for his liking. While he was admiring all this he still searched for a food stand.

It was quiet a surprise when he felt Brittany tug on his hand to stop him, he turned as she spoke wondering if something was wrong. Oh right crowds, he didn't mind them most days. "There alright, you just need someone like me to help you get through them" He joked chuckling.

He turned towards the way she was pointing then and saw a food stand staring back at him. How'd he miss that? Maybe he'd been admiring the rides too much. Hm. Brad looked at the stand for a moment before turning back to Brittany smiling. "Sure, anything in mind?" He asked leading her over.
Brittany grinned, it seemed like a long while since she'd been out somewhere with someone. She felt good and actually quite interested in this carnival, even though she didn't usually appreciate things like this. "Yes, you're definitely the gentleman, "She praised him, squeezing his hand. It was true, she hadn't really felt the crowd a lot this time, because he helped alot in making a way and parting the crowds as they walked.

She noticed that Brad was glancing at the rides in something that looked like admiration. She followed his gaze and saw the long lines of people waiting to get on rides; everyone was shouting happily and smiling that Brittany couldn't help but smile as she saw people's faces. She then followed Brad as he led the way towards the food stall. "Umm, I'll just have a burger and some firewhisky, "She answered him, revealing just how hungry she was. "What about you?" She asked him as they reached the food stall and stood looking at the different things offered.
__________________

Palm trees, Ocean breeze ..
Salt air, Sun bleached hair ..
Endless Summer; Take me there .. ♥
phoenix_tears is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #337 (permalink)


DMLE & DMT
Merperson
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 29,206

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Septimus Hadley-Nairne
Fourth Year
x8 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Gideon Gert
Slug & Jiggers
Default
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassXRose View Post
Elinor laughed when he declined the entire booth, before turning and requesting two popcorns, salt and butter, and Nigel's butterbeer. She, herself wasn't thirsty, which was good since she'd have to drop it if anything happened. If. After handing over the money, she turned and handed Nigel his popcorn and butterbeer before picking up her own.

"I really probably shouldn't, since I can't forget i'm technically on the job", she told herself outloud as she took a bite of popcorn. "but I can always say it's part of staying inconspicuous," she rationalized before picking up a few more buttered pieces.

She thought for just a second about the popcorn... And how childish it probably seemed to him. Of course, Nigel was pretty skinny, at least by her standards, and probably ate, like, two bites of every meal and was done. BUT he hadn't objected, so there.

"Well, I'm afraid I won't be very much fun, seeing as I can't leave this area of the carnival, and you're certainly under no obligation to stay with me. Carnivals don't come in every day, you know," she said. She really WASN'T much company, at least while at work, and the last thing she wanted to do was take away the few moments of leisure he had.

...But were it up to her, he'd never leave, so THOSE WORDS she never actually said. Nosir. She was simply reminding him that he, being Nigel, did not have to stay around people that weren't his cup of tea. Which, she had gotten the impression, wasn't hardly anyone at all. But at least he was acting like he didn't mind. That made her feel better.
"Thank you," Nigel said simply with a nod as he accepted the box and drink from the woman after she had paid for it. He momentarily tried to decide how best to handle things so he could eat while holding both items, finally setting on holding onto the neck of the bottle with a few fingers while the same hand held the popcorn she he could grab hold of either then he wanted to.

"Yes...You wouldn't want anyone to question your appearance here for a reason thats easily fixed," he nonchallantly agreed as he took a piece of popcorn and popped it into his mouth. "And its alright. Not like I came hear intentionally for fun," the potions maker remarked once he was free. Not to mention for some reason he couldn't think of a reason to leave the woman behind to her duties. Other then not risking interrupting her attentions but even that wasn't strong in his mind.

Besides werent they trained to pay attention to two things at once?

One tall, unobtrusive shopkeeper casually eating popcorn wasn't going to do much harm. One currently casually walking away from the both as the few others in line moved around them. Nigel might not currently mind being with Elinor but that didn't mean he was so comfortable around others. Wait did he just think that?

Was he really comfortable around the woman?
__________________
Holmesian Feline is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #338 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

I Snuggle Werewuffs!
Love Potioneer
Moke
 
GlassXRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lost in time/space
Posts: 8,970

Ministry RPG Name:
Elinor Danvers
Default Good posts! We've come quite a long ways! XD
|Who's On First? | Challenge Accepted.| | :Ink For Blood: | Team SUITS!|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macavity View Post
"Thank you," Nigel said simply with a nod as he accepted the box and drink from the woman after she had paid for it. He momentarily tried to decide how best to handle things so he could eat while holding both items, finally setting on holding onto the neck of the bottle with a few fingers while the same hand held the popcorn she he could grab hold of either then he wanted to.

"Yes...You wouldn't want anyone to question your appearance here for a reason thats easily fixed," he nonchallantly agreed as he took a piece of popcorn and popped it into his mouth. "And its alright. Not like I came hear intentionally for fun," the potions maker remarked once he was free. Not to mention for some reason he couldn't think of a reason to leave the woman behind to her duties. Other then not risking interrupting her attentions but even that wasn't strong in his mind.

Besides werent they trained to pay attention to two things at once?

One tall, unobtrusive shopkeeper casually eating popcorn wasn't going to do much harm. One currently casually walking away from the both as the few others in line moved around them. Nigel might not currently mind being with Elinor but that didn't mean he was so comfortable around others. Wait did he just think that?

Was he really comfortable around the woman?
Elinor ALLLLMOST couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic when he said he hadn't come here for fun. Then she remembered that Mister Garrettson probably had the wrong idea of the definition of the word. Poor man. Doesn't know an opportunity when he sees one. Or maybe he does, and he's taking it by staying.

"Do mine eyes deceive me?," she squinted at him incredulously. "Are you ENJOYING someone's COMPANY, Nigel?" she asked jokingly, not noticing her casual use of his first name for the first time. "Or are you just THAT GOOD?"

She also just unintentionally backed him into giving a compliment, by her standards at least, unless he really WAS 'that good'. In which case she just made a total fool of herself. But this thought lasted only for a moment. As they moved towards a less chaotic part of the area, she smiled. More to herself, but he was welcome to enjoy the sight. "I'm honored."
__________________
GlassXRose is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 02:12 AM   #339 (permalink)


DMLE & DMT
Merperson
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 29,206

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Septimus Hadley-Nairne
Fourth Year
x8 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Gideon Gert
Slug & Jiggers
Default
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassXRose View Post
Elinor ALLLLMOST couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic when he said he hadn't come here for fun. Then she remembered that Mister Garrettson probably had the wrong idea of the definition of the word. Poor man. Doesn't know an opportunity when he sees one. Or maybe he does, and he's taking it by staying.

"Do mine eyes deceive me?," she squinted at him incredulously. "Are you ENJOYING someone's COMPANY, Nigel?" she asked jokingly, not noticing her casual use of his first name for the first time. "Or are you just THAT GOOD?"

She also just unintentionally backed him into giving a compliment, by her standards at least, unless he really WAS 'that good'. In which case she just made a total fool of herself. But this thought lasted only for a moment. As they moved towards a less chaotic part of the area, she smiled. More to herself, but he was welcome to enjoy the sight. "I'm honored."
In the process of chewing a popcorn kernel or two, Nigel nearly choked as he heard and registered what she said about him. Coughing once to recover from the action, the shopkeeper tried to regain his composure, taking a sip from his drink as he gathered a response.

"Perhaps..." he said finally finding his voice again and leaving it open for interpretation at first. Nigel found himself fighting the urge to allow his sheepishness to show. He couldn't help but wrinkle his nose slightly as she spoke of being honored as if already certain of his opinion. "Perhaps it isn't...totally horrible," he mused quietly taking another bite.

"...just don't let it go to you head," he commented in addition, straight faced as he looked out into the crowd, a faintest bit of amusement in his gaze.
__________________
Holmesian Feline is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #340 (permalink)

Graphorn
 
Ladybug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: University.
Posts: 17,581

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Enya Mayberry
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bradley "Brad" Wills.
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Workaholic || HOGwart | iloveyou. || SnowQueenEviee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_tears View Post
Brittany grinned, it seemed like a long while since she'd been out somewhere with someone. She felt good and actually quite interested in this carnival, even though she didn't usually appreciate things like this. "Yes, you're definitely the gentleman, "She praised him, squeezing his hand. It was true, she hadn't really felt the crowd a lot this time, because he helped alot in making a way and parting the crowds as they walked.

She noticed that Brad was glancing at the rides in something that looked like admiration. She followed his gaze and saw the long lines of people waiting to get on rides; everyone was shouting happily and smiling that Brittany couldn't help but smile as she saw people's faces. She then followed Brad as he led the way towards the food stall. "Umm, I'll just have a burger and some firewhisky, "She answered him, revealing just how hungry she was. "What about you?" She asked him as they reached the food stall and stood looking at the different things offered.
He stepped up to the stall and dropped Brittany's hand, he was sure she'd be alright here as most people were gathered around attraction after attraction. He gave her a smile as he took in her order and turned towards the person begin the counter. Before he made their order however he quickly glanced at the board with all that was to offer and pricing.

"I'll have a firewhisky and a butterbeer please," He paused before continuing, "A cheeseburger and..." Brad turned to Brittany.

"What type of burger would you like?" He asked taking out him money pouch getting ready to pay. He smiled at her.
__________________
__________Chapter 17 of "A Broken Wing" Is up now!___________

___________________Look Who's Back.
Beware.
Ladybug is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #341 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Mooncalf
 
phoenix_tears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Underwater (:
Posts: 6,578

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charles Fitzgerald
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Brittany DeSalle
Department of Mysteries
Default
Heart keeper ♥ l Rawrrr ll domestïc equïne ll cherryy''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Evi3e <3 View Post
He stepped up to the stall and dropped Brittany's hand, he was sure she'd be alright here as most people were gathered around attraction after attraction. He gave her a smile as he took in her order and turned towards the person begin the counter. Before he made their order however he quickly glanced at the board with all that was to offer and pricing.

"I'll have a firewhisky and a butterbeer please," He paused before continuing, "A cheeseburger and..." Brad turned to Brittany.

"What type of burger would you like?" He asked taking out him money pouch getting ready to pay. He smiled at her.
She felt him drop her hand as he stepped up to the stall. She gazed unseeingly at the menu, not really focusing on what was going on. When she had walked out of the Leaky Cauldron earlier today, she wouldn't have dreamed that all this would happen. Yet, she was glad. She got to know a new person, who is a very nice man and she ended up visiting a carnival with him. She guessed that she's been living up to the promise she'd made herself, and she was proud that she has. At least there was no more of the what would've happened if I'd have tried questions.

Coming back to her surroundings as she heard Brad ask her what type of burger she wanted, she looked around at him. "Um, a veggie." She answered him. She saw that he took out his money pouch to pay and she could not have him pay for her. No, no that wasn't right. Or at least Brittany didn't feel that it was right. She reached out for her own money pouch that was in her bag and looked at the large board doing the mental math.
__________________

Palm trees, Ocean breeze ..
Salt air, Sun bleached hair ..
Endless Summer; Take me there .. ♥
phoenix_tears is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #342 (permalink)

Graphorn
 
Ladybug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: University.
Posts: 17,581

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Enya Mayberry
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bradley "Brad" Wills.
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default Second time lucky ey?
Workaholic || HOGwart | iloveyou. || SnowQueenEviee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_tears View Post
She felt him drop her hand as he stepped up to the stall. She gazed unseeingly at the menu, not really focusing on what was going on. When she had walked out of the Leaky Cauldron earlier today, she wouldn't have dreamed that all this would happen. Yet, she was glad. She got to know a new person, who is a very nice man and she ended up visiting a carnival with him. She guessed that she's been living up to the promise she'd made herself, and she was proud that she has. At least there was no more of the what would've happened if I'd have tried questions.

Coming back to her surroundings as she heard Brad ask her what type of burger she wanted, she looked around at him. "Um, a veggie." She answered him. She saw that he took out his money pouch to pay and she could not have him pay for her. No, no that wasn't right. Or at least Brittany didn't feel that it was right. She reached out for her own money pouch that was in her bag and looked at the large board doing the mental math.
Veggie burger? Right he got it, Brad turned back to the person serving them with a smile and added, "...and a veggie burger please" She was a Vegetarian then? He'd tried to become once himself on a few occasions but had giving up. It was so hard! Specially if you lived with someone who had no intention on changing. And beside's he loved his meat to much.

Bradley stepped away from the stall to wait for their order and turned towards Brittany once more. He noticed she'd been reaching for her purse and he placed him hand over her's lightly to stop her. "No I'll pay. Don't worry I have enough" He told her giving her a smile before taking his hand away and putting them in his pocket. "So do you have any intention on going on a ride or two?" He asked casually.
__________________
__________Chapter 17 of "A Broken Wing" Is up now!___________

___________________Look Who's Back.
Beware.
Ladybug is offline  
Old 09-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #343 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Mooncalf
 
phoenix_tears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Underwater (:
Posts: 6,578

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charles Fitzgerald
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Brittany DeSalle
Department of Mysteries
Default Haha xD
Heart keeper ♥ l Rawrrr ll domestïc equïne ll cherryy''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Evi3e <3 View Post
Veggie burger? Right he got it, Brad turned back to the person serving them with a smile and added, "...and a veggie burger please" She was a Vegetarian then? He'd tried to become once himself on a few occasions but had giving up. It was so hard! Specially if you lived with someone who had no intention on changing. And beside's he loved his meat to much.

Bradley stepped away from the stall to wait for their order and turned towards Brittany once more. He noticed she'd been reaching for her purse and he placed him hand over her's lightly to stop her. "No I'll pay. Don't worry I have enough" He told her giving her a smile before taking his hand away and putting them in his pocket. "So do you have any intention on going on a ride or two?" He asked casually.
She hadn't thought closley about what she had ordered, or she would've realised that it gave an impression of her being a vegetarian. It was unusual for Brittany not to be focused on small things like this, as usually, every little detail mattered to her. Yet, here she was, not giving a second thought to what she was saying or thinking. She looked up at him as he put his hand over hers to stop her getting her pouch, he was a gentleman alright, just like in the old stories her mother used to tell her when she was a kid. "I'll let you this time, but only 'cos we're in a carnival," She pouted.

Brittany was somewhat taken aback by his offer to go on rides, but then she shook herself mentally. They were in a carnival after all and she might as well try something fun here with Bradley. She hadn't even said the word 'fun' out loud in years. So much for being a sulky unspeakable. "I'd like that, "She nodded. "But nothing too wild." She added smiling.
__________________

Palm trees, Ocean breeze ..
Salt air, Sun bleached hair ..
Endless Summer; Take me there .. ♥
phoenix_tears is offline  
Old 09-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #344 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

I Snuggle Werewuffs!
Love Potioneer
Moke
 
GlassXRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lost in time/space
Posts: 8,970

Ministry RPG Name:
Elinor Danvers
Default
|Who's On First? | Challenge Accepted.| | :Ink For Blood: | Team SUITS!|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macavity View Post
In the process of chewing a popcorn kernel or two, Nigel nearly choked as he heard and registered what she said about him. Coughing once to recover from the action, the shopkeeper tried to regain his composure, taking a sip from his drink as he gathered a response.

"Perhaps..." he said finally finding his voice again and leaving it open for interpretation at first. Nigel found himself fighting the urge to allow his sheepishness to show. He couldn't help but wrinkle his nose slightly as she spoke of being honored as if already certain of his opinion. "Perhaps it isn't...totally horrible," he mused quietly taking another bite.

"...just don't let it go to you head," he commented in addition, straight faced as he looked out into the crowd, a faintest bit of amusement in his gaze.
Elinor reached out a hand, about to clap him on the back, then withdrew it. Shouldn't push her luck, she figured. Plus, he wasn't actually choking. She'd seen that reaction in him before, and pressed her lips together in a supressed smile.

"Well... I'm honored that it isn't 'totally horrible'," she settled. "I've seen how you are with people. And I'm glad I'm not like the rest. They don't know what they're missing," Elinor said, a little offhandedly. Then she thought about it. And it was true. Nigel didn't get close to people, and people didn't get close to Nigel. At least, that was how she'd seen it. He didn't strike her as the very layered sort. He had his way of life, and that was that. He spend his days in his shop, with his potions.

Well, she would fix that.

The carnival was getting rather quiet. Well... not TOO quiet, but there was a noticable difference from a little earlier. "We ought to do this more often. Sometime when neither of us is engaged in work," she suddested as she took another bite of popcorn. Indeed, it seemed that whenever they had the chance to meet, one of them had something else to get back to. Were she not on the job, she would've left the area and actually enjoyed the carnival... with him, of course.
__________________
GlassXRose is offline  
Old 09-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #345 (permalink)

Graphorn
 
Ladybug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: University.
Posts: 17,581

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Enya Mayberry
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bradley "Brad" Wills.
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Workaholic || HOGwart | iloveyou. || SnowQueenEviee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_tears View Post
She hadn't thought closley about what she had ordered, or she would've realised that it gave an impression of her being a vegetarian. It was unusual for Brittany not to be focused on small things like this, as usually, every little detail mattered to her. Yet, here she was, not giving a second thought to what she was saying or thinking. She looked up at him as he put his hand over hers to stop her getting her pouch, he was a gentleman alright, just like in the old stories her mother used to tell her when she was a kid. "I'll let you this time, but only 'cos we're in a carnival," She pouted.

Brittany was somewhat taken aback by his offer to go on rides, but then she shook herself mentally. They were in a carnival after all and she might as well try something fun here with Bradley. She hadn't even said the word 'fun' out loud in years. So much for being a sulky unspeakable. "I'd like that, "She nodded. "But nothing too wild." She added smiling.
"No it's the gentleman thing to do to pay" He corrected Brittany as he put away his pouch but kept a handful of coins in his hand. He gave her a smile before turning back to the counter to see how much longer they needed to wait. He didn't find his answer. He turned back to Brittany when she started talking about rides. Nothing to wild? No fair, he said as much; "No fair" He pretended to pout before laughing.

"What would you count as too wild?" He asked after a few moments when the laughter had died down. Brad had been to many muggle carnival's when he was younger and the rollercoaster was always his favourite. He hoped there was one here today he was so going to drag Brittany on it if there was.
__________________
__________Chapter 17 of "A Broken Wing" Is up now!___________

___________________Look Who's Back.
Beware.
Ladybug is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:12 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194