sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 216 users online including...
nstanalafran , valhigby , deanneza16 , lorenepp2 , gamanganelmeri , Alexhbt , astrocat

8 members
208 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 58: May - August 2021


Term 58: May - August 2021 Term Fifty-Eight: Have Some Bread (Sept 2104 - June 2105)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-04-2021, 06:03 PM
DaniDiNardo DaniDiNardo is offline
 
Default DADA Lesson 1 - The test

In no surprising fashion, you find yourself making your way to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom first thing in the morning on the first official day of school. The hour is as early as it needs to be, with 8 am drawing ever nearer. The Headmaster hopes you will have gotten a good night's sleep and then enough food at breakfast. For today's lesson, you would be needing all your strength and wits about you.

As you approach the classroom, you find that not only is the door locked but the Headmaster stands outside waiting for your arrival. In his hands, he holds a box containing what are obviously name tags. Just find the one with your name. While he did know most of you, the first years were always a challenge the first day and he had missed two consecutive years of first years. It was an extra amount of names to learn, and voices to match to faces to names.

Occasionally there is a thud at the door, as if there is something on the inside trying to get out.

Probably not. He'd never do that on the first day.

Maybe.

Entering is both not advised, and outright forbidden in the moment via a sign that warns against doing just that.

OOC: Welcome to the first DADA lesson!! Don't forget to read the classroom rules before posting. I'll have the first question up in 24-28 hours

The lesson hasn't started yet!



Class progression:
Old 05-10-2021, 05:10 PM   #201 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,667

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Jane Donovan
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Iliana Floros
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Renner Eraos Tobias Thanatos
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colwyn Aeron Johanson
Eeyclops Owl Emporium
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

The room you enter is entirely dark. An eerie breathing can be heard but it's difficult to tell the direction from which it comes. Sometimes it seems the breathing is right behind you. Sometimes it appears to be moving away. The sudden sound of footsteps hammering toward you may alarm you. Can't fight what you can't see, huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger Danger View Post
Looking at the door he bit his lip getting ready for anything and everything that they were going to face. "I think we shall decide that once we face whatever in there." Taking a breath to calm his nerves. "Ready go ahead Lia, one... two three!" Gripping his hand and his hand intertwined in hers still he opened the door.


He didn't know what they were going to face but he was ready for it, he knew it couldn't be worse then the Neo Alliance they faced last term. If they made it through that with only bruises and scratches, then they could and would get through this. With this determination inside him he squeezed Lia's hand and gave her a comforting smile. "We got this, as long as we're together we're unstoppable, just don't let go of my hand olay?"
Dahlia wasn't focused on anything other than the door in front of them, her grip on his hand and her wand in her other hand. Those three things were all that mattered until they walked through that door. Then her attention had to be on the task at hand. "I'm fine, we're fine.. everything's fine." She responded simply trying her best not to let her nerves get the best of her before she even know what to expect.

Stepping inside the room was like going from morning to night in the blink of an eye. There was complete and utter darkness which wouldn't have been so bad if there was even the smallest hint of light anywhere but there wasn't. Her fingers tightened around Tad's gently tugging him closer so she knew exactly where he was, the sound of breathing loud and clear had to have been his, right? "Tad? That's you breathing so close to me... right?" she had entered the room ahead of him and he was taller than her so it made sense.

Wait..

What was that?!

"Do you hear that?" She wasn't just talking about the breathing either. Someone or something else was in here. Darkness. Strange breathing. Footsteps. Nope, that's all the assessing she could do. "Protego!" Dahlia spoke clearly, visualizing the shield taking form in her mind as she traced the wand movement in the air in front her. "Lumos!"

Now with some light and a shield charm up hopefully they would be protected long enough that they could see what was coming at them. Then they could deal with whatever it was correctly.
__________________
you're pragmatic and dependable, with a tendency to help and advise others,
a person likely to find a simple solution to a complicated problem, you are...
Kolyander is offline  
Old 05-10-2021, 05:35 PM   #202 (permalink)


DMGS
Puffskein
 
Sangeetha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Central Perk!
Posts: 1,086

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaira Parker
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Laila Parker
Games & Sports
Default
Smelly cat love|so many books so little time|Loonymione| Lives in Central Perk!|Rave Slither & Huff

Quote:
You've managed to illuminate the room but your problems have only just begun! The light from your wand reveals you are surrounding by the...well not yet for you but infamous terror dummies commissioned by Headmaster Trent, making the revealing spell unnecessary. They have a certain...viciousness to them. You may have noticed by the way they keep grabbing at you and pulling you in all directions. They try to tear at your clothes. You must get them away from you. If only there was a spell...that could...push things away. Wouldn't that be convenient?
Oh boy, what was this abomination now? What WERE these things? Kaira shrieked as the grabbed her and tried to tug at her clothes. Yanking herself way from them, she racked her brain for a spell to cast. Oh yes.. 'FLIPENDO!,' she cast with all her might. 'PETRIFICUS TOTALUS! IMPEDIMENTA!,' she cast at them, one after the other, wondering which of them would work
__________________
Sangeetha is offline  
Old 05-10-2021, 07:48 PM   #203 (permalink)

MLE & DERP

Puffskein
 
aRogueOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,313

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ingrid Starling "Birdie" Luck
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Forrest John Roberts III
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangeetha View Post
Oh boy, what was this abomination now? What WERE these things? Kaira shrieked as the grabbed her and tried to tug at her clothes. Yanking herself way from them, she racked her brain for a spell to cast. Oh yes.. 'FLIPENDO!,' she cast with all her might. 'PETRIFICUS TOTALUS! IMPEDIMENTA!,' she cast at them, one after the other, wondering which of them would work
With both of them casting lumos, Ingrid felt slightly better but still, the footsteps echoing around them and the creepy breathing was just…well creepy. The Specialis Revelio spell didn’t exactly help but she was glad they’d tried that anyway.

What little pleasure she had took from Kiara remembering the spell dissipated very quickly when they were both met by particularly grabby horror movie dummies that look like they’d been created based on some poor muggle movie in the early 2000’s.

Breathing heavily, Ingrid backed into Kiara with her wand out in front of her. She had a spell on the tip of her tongue and yet… “Uhhh…UHHHHHH…KIARA!” They may look like B side movie knockoffs but there was something that about them that just screamed serial killer! It wasn’t until she heard Kiara’s shriek and her barrage of spells that she actually managed to mutter something herself.

“PRETFICASSSS TOTULL-….no…FLIPEDIMENTAAA…”

Blinking back tears, Ingrid froze and stared at the dummies as they grabbed at her robes and pulled her in all directions, unable to move. All she could do was pull her hands away from them and cover her head.
__________________
aRogueOne is offline  
Old 05-10-2021, 08:12 PM   #204 (permalink)


DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw
 
LilFox06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 11,092

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Misa Couture
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colin Roderick
Gringotts Wizarding Bank

Diagon Alley Employee:
Nicolas Couture
Cranville Quincey's Magical Junk Shop
Default
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Well. She'd be honoured to meet the best Noah there was in school. Well, according to him at least. It was kind of annoying that he's got a common name... it was too common for his liking. None of his names were unique except for his surname, which was a proud one. "You're the first Misa I met too, and... you're French?" Her last name written on her badge was a clue, wasn't it? Anyway, a hinkypunk, hmm? The light gave them a clue, but as it turned out, it was just part of the dramatics of the door as it shuffled randomly while they were cued outside. "The only way to find out is to get in there and take a look, so let's go." with his own wand in his hand, he followed Misa inside the room.

Noah was just a few steps away from Misa when the door closed behind them, and he too blinked several times to keep himself from throwing up his breakfast. "Ooh. Now this is nasty." he remarked as he walked a little further, literally blinded by the darkness, except for the tiny light up ahead. The smell, the squishy matter under their feet. Bleurgh. "And I just shined my shoes last night not even missing the buckles, for Merlin's sake." despite his reaction, he did notice that they were in a place that was not totally alien to him. Gloucestershire has wetlands, the only difference was, he'd be in his wellies. "Marsh, swamp, bog...could be a bog because of the stench. But we're definitely in a wetland." he said as he too looked up ahead and saw the light. "Well, what do you know. Your guess might be right." he said with a grin despite their situation. "We're in a damp place, it's smelly, it's dark, and there's a light luring us towards it. Too friendly, don't you think?" With his wand, Noah casted lumos giving them a bit of light, and held it high above their heads.

That's when he noticed his partner's own reaction. "Hey, do you need a minute?" she... well, didn't look okay. Must be the smell, or the icky stuff beneath them, or the whole situation wrapped into one. Noah bit his lower lip as he considered his partner. "If it is a hinkypunk, what do we do with it?" that's what Trent wanted them to do, yes? Observe, come up with a plan based on their observation, and then tackle the situation. The only way out of there was to get rid of the creature up front.
Misa nodded. "Half French. My mom is Japanese." she explained. Hence the very unique name. It was from both sides of her family.

She thought nasty was an underdescription. She was also relieved that she wasn't the only one concerned with the sticky muck beneath them.

She squinted up ahead as Noah lit his wand. "I'm fine. Just... not a fan of water... or the dark... or something trying to get me." So basically she was not fine. All the things she hated at once. "If it is a hinkypunk... we just don't listen to it and try not to get hit by any... fireballs." She was guessing she was spot on. "I guess the question is, do we escape or capture the creature?" Both were options. She just didn't understand how these lessons worked.

She started walking diagonally just to get a sense of how large the room was. "Maybe there's just another door in a different direction?" She bit her lip and glanced toward the light again. She'd heard stories about this thing. Any second she expected groans coming from a figure that would look like a lost toddler. Even knowing that was what she could expect she had a hard time prepping herself to ignore that.
__________________
I'll Spend Forever Wondering If You Knew__________________________________

_____________________________________________I Was Enchanted To Meet You
LilFox06 is offline  
Old 05-10-2021, 09:01 PM   #205 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DMT
Mountain Troll
 
DuckyLinJi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The couch
Posts: 23,850

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daniel Yoon
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Daichi Katharos
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Lelia Fernsby
Slug & Jiggers Apothecary

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kelton Raeburn
Scribbulus Writing Implements
x1 x2
Default
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by love-for-HP View Post
Looking at the ceiling that was coming closer or was the floor going to the ceiling?? Either way it didn't matter - it appeared that Daniel and himself had mere second to decide what in the world they were going to do.

Don't panic" Blake nearly shouted at him as he himself was starting to have an internal panic section. Before loosing his head completely he raised his wand. "I know of a spell that might help!" He told the younger student. "Bombarda" Blake shouted - praying he had done the wand movement right... and waiting to see if it had done anything to help them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

The spell might have worked, were it not for the protective charms placed on said ceiling.

Let's just say, it would not be going anywhere anytime soon, but you both better be. It's getting awfully close... [/spoiler]

Don’t panic?

DONT PANIC?!

He was a eleven year old with zero magical experience being shot up in to a ceiling that was surely going to crush them both!

”I’m not panicking!” he shrieked, clearly panicking right now. He hadn’t even gotten up from the platform because seated down meant he was further away from the ceiling.

When the older student casted his spell, one he had read about in Minjae’s textbooks and knowing that it was a blasting spell, Daniel had hopes it would make a hole in the ceiling before they would hit it. But when it didn’t work he silently judged the Slytherin for his spell work.

”Can you use that slowing spell?” he quickly asked as he scooted over to the edge of the platform. He meant Arresto Momentum but wasn’t sure if that was what it was called. ”Cause i think we need to jump”
__________________
DuckyLinJi is offline  
Old 05-10-2021, 09:51 PM   #206 (permalink)




DMC & DMT
Ramora
 
Charely Potter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blue (EST)
Posts: 5,034

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Darius Flynn Potter II
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Kingston Creighton Dolph
Transportation
x8 x7
Default
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

SPOILER!!: Potter


Yes, it was trying to lead him somewhere.

Each step the boy took was met with another step away by this oh so generous source of light.

Everything was going well, and the light whispered for the boy to come closer....

Dare could hear something whisper for him to come closer as he was walking towards the light. However, each step he took, he felt himself getting farther away from the light source itself. I knew it.. it's a trap.. but what could this...?

Then it clicked.

A Hinkypunk.. Darius worked it out in his head from one of the earlier texts mentioning the creature. It would pull you in before making its attack as he kept walking closer and closer with thoughts formulating on a plan. But I have to be sure it's really one... his current charm wasn't strong enough so that left him to yell out, "Lumos Duo!" Aiming to get a good look at the source of the light.
__________________


Charely Potter is offline  
Old 05-10-2021, 09:53 PM   #207 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC
Mooncalf
 
Harron Peasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Losers Club
Posts: 7,204

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Nicolette Margot Charbonneau
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Magical Creatures
x3
Default
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

SPOILER!!: Scarlett, Ivy & the Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Okay, Scarlett sometimes played the fool but she WASN'T one. She could tell straight away by Florence Charbonneau's look and tone that she was not wanted in the small group that had just formed. Taking note of that, the Hufflepuff's piercing gaze took a moment longer to go from the older Hufflepuff to the Ravenclaw who had joined them. The latter received a smile from the first year because SHE was being kind.

Scarlett approved of kindness, that was the way to BE. And that older Hufflepuff wasn't being too kind to her, so she'd keep an eye on HER. See, that attitude RIGHT THERE was what got Scarlett squinting as the girl led the way into the room.

The young girl pulled her wand out of its holster. "Hm." Was her reply as she gave Florence Charbonneau an up-and-down look.

Hm, yeah, alright. She didn't want Scarlett getting in the way, didn't she? Alright then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSnapesGirl View Post
There was...a little bit of tension between the two Hufflepuffs, it seemed? Nothing too major, but Ivy hoped they could all get along and make it through this test, yeah? They had no idea what they were going to be dealing with, so they'd need their heads in the game to succeed.

She kept her smile on for them both though, drawing her wand and following them into the room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

SPOILER!!: Charbonneau, Mordaunt, Grimm
There's no mistaking it, once you enter through the door you find yourself in a marshy swamp-like bog. It doesn't smell great and lighting could be better. You'll have to find your way through. Thankfully there appears to be a light just up ahead. It beckons you closer, promising to show you the way out of this treacherous place. Make your choices wisely, you don't want to be stuck here forever.


Florrie didn't wait as she pushed the door open, assuming that the other two girls would follow. Immediately she lit her wand, the muttered "Lumos", the only sound in the place.

Until she took a step. Then the squelch of the marshy bog was a noise, and Florrie quickly pointed her wand at her robes, casting a quick series of waterproofing and protective charms on them. Maybe it wasn't the most important thing to do, but it made her feel better immediately and she was sure she would be able to concentrate better if she wasn't so distracted by the gross marshy-ness.

Turning her attention back to the matter at hand, Florrie raised her wand above her head and squinted, trying to make out what the light was in the distance. A marsh? A light that was trying to guide them?

"Do you think it's a hinkypunk?" she muttered under her breath to Ivy, completely ignoring the first year. "Or someone.... Homenum revelio," she added, casting the spell just incase.
__________________
Harron Peasley is offline  
Old 05-10-2021, 10:12 PM   #208 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Quibbler & Newbie Mod


DMLE & DMT
Shrake
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #c21e56
Posts: 12,810

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | emo to the extremo |#HouseNATARIANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
SPOILER!!: James, K. and Cambridge
The room you enter is entirely dark. An eerie breathing can be heard but it's difficult to tell the direction from which it comes. Sometimes it seems the breathing is right behind you. Sometimes it appears to be moving away. The sudden sound of footsteps hammering toward you may alarm you. Can't fight what you can't see, huh?
SPOILER!!: Emmmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Emm didn't know what she was expecting, never did when it came to DADA until it was far too late and she was screaming--well...couldn't exactly scream with Rosier around, but she'd done plenty of if in her head.

Always loud, always shrill.

This year though, this didn't feel like a ....scream per se. A shiver ran down her spine when in the middle of ALL THIS DARKNESS, she could hear such obnoxious breathing.

"Kizzy...? Kiz...? Please tell me that's you--how'd you get over there???" Wait...wait....hand clutched so tight to her bestfriend, you'd think it would occur to her sooner that whoever or whatever was moving so much couldn't have been her fellow Gryffindor. Whatever it was, it was bolting toward them and all Emmerson could immediately think to do was cling to Kinsay with a rather shrill shriek.

"It's coming! It's coming!! Kizzy, we're dead!!!" And would never even know what ate them! "Expell--incen--" Uh...uhhhhh "Lumos!!!"


"Umm.... Emm...." Kinsay was not a fan of this total darkness situation. Not. A. Fan. "That's not.... I'm right here." Next to Emm and clinging, as always. But especially right now. The sound of footsteps were instant alarm bells and when it came down to fight or flight, Kinsay's first thought was, uh, it was: "Ruuuuuuuuuun!!!"

Only when she heard Emm trying spells, did Kinsay remember her own wand. "Lumos! Lumos! Lumos!" That'd help them know where to run. Kinsay was still fully intent on running. She didn't know too many fighting spells so it seemed like their best option, in all honesty. And y'know what? She was okay with that.

Because the words 'we're dead' were not ones that she wanted to be a reality today. Headmaster Trent wouldn't..... let them die in here, would he? Um. Maybe she should've asked before they went inside.

She would've preferred a written exam. Maybe.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 05-10-2021, 10:37 PM   #209 (permalink)


DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn
 
Hey Ju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Octopus's Garden
Posts: 16,681

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Default
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Text Cut: Ivy, Florrie, room

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSnapesGirl View Post
There was...a little bit of tension between the two Hufflepuffs, it seemed? Nothing too major, but Ivy hoped they could all get along and make it through this test, yeah? They had no idea what they were going to be dealing with, so they'd need their heads in the game to succeed.

She kept her smile on for them both though, drawing her wand and following them into the room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Room
There's no mistaking it, once you enter through the door you find yourself in a marshy swamp-like bog. It doesn't smell great and lighting could be better. You'll have to find your way through. Thankfully there appears to be a light just up ahead. It beckons you closer, promising to show you the way out of this treacherous place. Make your choices wisely, you don't want to be stuck here forever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
SPOILER!!: Scarlett, Ivy & the Room




Florrie didn't wait as she pushed the door open, assuming that the other two girls would follow. Immediately she lit her wand, the muttered "Lumos", the only sound in the place.

Until she took a step. Then the squelch of the marshy bog was a noise, and Florrie quickly pointed her wand at her robes, casting a quick series of waterproofing and protective charms on them. Maybe it wasn't the most important thing to do, but it made her feel better immediately and she was sure she would be able to concentrate better if she wasn't so distracted by the gross marshy-ness.

Turning her attention back to the matter at hand, Florrie raised her wand above her head and squinted, trying to make out what the light was in the distance. A marsh? A light that was trying to guide them?

"Do you think it's a hinkypunk?" she muttered under her breath to Ivy, completely ignoring the first year. "Or someone.... Homenum revelio," she added, casting the spell just incase.


Mess was Scarlett's middle NAME. That was, if Leonore meant mess, which it DIDN'T, but STILL. This Hufflepuff was ALL for mess. The stink didn't bother her the slightest EITHER. She smelled worst things before, so she could DEAL with this just FINE.

Looking around, she assessed the situation FIRST before deciding it was OKAY to take a few steps AWAY from the ignorant Hufflepuff and the nice Ravenclaw. Didn't Florence Charbonneau wanted her NOT getting in the way??? So BE it. Scarlett wasn't trying to be quiet EITHER.

SPLOSH SPLOSH SPLOSH she went, flicking her wand randomly causing a small light to appear on its tip. HEY, COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A HINKYPUNK!??!?!?! Scarlett didn't know MUCH about those, but she knew enough to know there were CREEPY and something she should stay AWAY from in real life. But was THIS real life??????? IF that was a hinkypunk, would it be a REAL hinkypunk or a pretend one? Were the teachers allowed to handle such CREATURES???????? Besides, how did one even GET one of those to cooperate in a lesson??????

So, Scarlett assumed it was a fake one. BUT she'd play along.

Sploshing AWAY from the other girls, yep. BYE!
Hey Ju is offline  
Old 05-10-2021, 11:22 PM   #210 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
Potterdom Mod


DMLE & MO
Aethonan
 
AlwaysSnapesGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Narnia
Posts: 18,755

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rosalie Applewood
Graduated

Student Character:
Ivy Grimm
Fifth Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Mae Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1
Default
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Text Cut: Room, Florrie, & Scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
SPOILER!!: Charbonneau, Mordaunt, Grimm
Text Cut: quotes







There's no mistaking it, once you enter through the door you find yourself in a marshy swamp-like bog. It doesn't smell great and lighting could be better. You'll have to find your way through. Thankfully there appears to be a light just up ahead. It beckons you closer, promising to show you the way out of this treacherous place. Make your choices wisely, you don't want to be stuck here forever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
SPOILER!!: Scarlett, Ivy & the Room






Florrie didn't wait as she pushed the door open, assuming that the other two girls would follow. Immediately she lit her wand, the muttered "Lumos", the only sound in the place.

Until she took a step. Then the squelch of the marshy bog was a noise, and Florrie quickly pointed her wand at her robes, casting a quick series of waterproofing and protective charms on them. Maybe it wasn't the most important thing to do, but it made her feel better immediately and she was sure she would be able to concentrate better if she wasn't so distracted by the gross marshy-ness.

Turning her attention back to the matter at hand, Florrie raised her wand above her head and squinted, trying to make out what the light was in the distance. A marsh? A light that was trying to guide them?

"Do you think it's a hinkypunk?" she muttered under her breath to Ivy, completely ignoring the first year. "Or someone.... Homenum revelio," she added, casting the spell just incase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Text Cut: Ivy, Florrie, room







Mess was Scarlett's middle NAME. That was, if Leonore meant mess, which it DIDN'T, but STILL. This Hufflepuff was ALL for mess. The stink didn't bother her the slightest EITHER. She smelled worst things before, so she could DEAL with this just FINE.

Looking around, she assessed the situation FIRST before deciding it was OKAY to take a few steps AWAY from the ignorant Hufflepuff and the nice Ravenclaw. Didn't Florence Charbonneau wanted her NOT getting in the way??? So BE it. Scarlett wasn't trying to be quiet EITHER.

SPLOSH SPLOSH SPLOSH she went, flicking her wand randomly causing a small light to appear on its tip. HEY, COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A HINKYPUNK!??!?!?! Scarlett didn't know MUCH about those, but she knew enough to know there were CREEPY and something she should stay AWAY from in real life. But was THIS real life??????? IF that was a hinkypunk, would it be a REAL hinkypunk or a pretend one? Were the teachers allowed to handle such CREATURES???????? Besides, how did one even GET one of those to cooperate in a lesson??????

So, Scarlett assumed it was a fake one. BUT she'd play along.

Sploshing AWAY from the other girls, yep. BYE!


She wasn't sure what she was expecting when she opened the door, but her foot sinking into mud probably wasn't on her list.

Wrinkling her nose at the smell of it all, Ivy shifted her feet, hoping for some stable not-muddy ground, but there didn't seem to be much. Even with her eyes adjusting to the change in lighting, she could tell they were in some kinda swamp or bog. The ground was all wet and muddy and gross.

But there did seem to be a light ahead somewhere... Very suspicious.

"Yeah, hinkypunk seems most likely," she replied, nodding at Florrie, then mumbled a quick "Lumos" as well to light the tip of her wand. The Homenum Revelio spell was a good idea too. Didn't hurt to cover their bases and make sure it wasn't coming from a human source. Good to be prepared and all that, like the Headmaster had said.

Only...wait, what was with all the sploshing? Where was the first year going? "Hey, wait! We should probably stick together." Though thank Merlin the girl didn't appear to be going towards the (possible) hinkypunk light at least?
__________________
if we fall, we will fall together; and when we rise, we will rise together__________________

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
AlwaysSnapesGirl is offline  
Old 05-10-2021, 11:57 PM   #211 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie Mod



DIMC & MO
Antipodean Opaleye
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 9,825

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Student Character:
Heathcliff E. Jones
Seventh Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Hector E. Velez
International Cooperation
Default
1/2 of Roston ~ Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Pirate Princess ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post


Falling through the floor, the scenery begins to change. Some may even call it inspiring while others...a requirement for your exams. However you see it, it's time to move on. Your next stop is a garden. There are butterflies and a fountain with a famous former founder you may recognise to be Helga Hufflepuff. There are benches by the fountain if you'd like to have a seat. Take a load off. Is that lemonade on a tray? How brilliant. Less brilliant, the boggart that has been creeping up on you this entire time. Suddenly, you are confronted by your worst fear. Think quickly.
So apparently the floor wasn’t resistant to magic, good to know! Less good was the fact that Heath was now falling through the floor. His mind raced, How far was the drop? What would he find at the bottom? He drew his wand, intending to cast Arresto Momentum on himself, but before he could react, he found himself in a garden. His dark eyes scanned his new surroundings, taking in the butterflies, the fountain, the bench and lemonade, and… was that Helga Hufflepuff? The sight of her strangely reminded him of his second year when the school founders escaped their portraits. Merlin, he wasn’t going to have to deal with that nonsense again, was he?

He wasn’t fooled by the deceptively calm scenery. For all he knew, that bench could be charmed to grab him as soon as he sat, and that lemonade could be spiked with some potion. He kept moving forward, half-expecting a monster to jump out at him any second. Or maybe Helga Hufflepuff was the monster? Some sort of shapeshifter? He eyed the Hogwarts founder, waiting for her to transform into something scary.

He was so focused on Hufflepuff that he didn’t notice anything else in the room with him until out of the corner of his eye, he saw her, the ghost of a girl about his own age. That face, those eyes… he knew her even before he saw the star ring on the ghost’s finger. One look at the ghost girl, and tears ran down his face. “No…” he gasped, clapping the hand that wasn’t gripping his wand to his mouth to stop himself from sobbing. Not only had she left him alone, but she’d gone somewhere he could never follow!

How had this happened? Had she been killed by some monster lurking about? No… It was only at that moment that Heath remembered this was still DADA class. Headmaster Trent wouldn’t let anyone actually die! Finally understanding dawned on him. A boggart! How had he not figured it out sooner?! Now he felt like an idiot for getting so upset over nothing! His grief-stricken expression turned to one of determination as he pointed his wand at the ghost girl. Imagining a certain alien baby, he cast, “Riddikulus!”
__________________
Old voices I had thought long since dead whisper of another life I might have led

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
MadMadamMalfoy is offline  
Old 05-11-2021, 12:27 AM   #212 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Headmaster



MO & DMLE
Crup
 
DaniDiNardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Over here! (GMT -5)
Posts: 17,210

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Malachi N. Trent
Graduated

Student Character:
Emmerson N.J. Cambridge
Fourth Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: Demaret, Nam, E.
Text Cut: quotes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumblydor View Post
Alfred's eyes followed where his ears located the breathing and footsteps, but it was to no avail, as the dark made it impossible to see anything. He strained his eyes to try and make out even basic outlines of anything in the room. He was taken by surprise when the older boy cast Lumos, and his eyes took a second took a few seconds to adjust to the added light. He shrugged when Evan asked him whether he could cast the spell. "I can try." He had seen members of his family cast the spell many times, so he supposed it would be easy. He held his wand in front of him and concentrated. "Lumos." A faint, flickering light appeared at the end of his wand. He... had actually done it! His first official spell!

Now was probably not the best time to celebrate and Alfred's mind travelled back to the task at hand. He moved his wand around to try and locate any being other than himself and Evan in the room. Was there even any other thing in the room other than themselves? Or was it merely a trick? He thought about what he had learned in the lesson and tried to find as much information as he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
When the room lit up a little more from Alfie's additional spell, Evan cast a quick half smile at the first year and a quick praise. "Great work!" He had heard the hesitancy on if he could do it, but the older Ravenclaw was quite thankful he had been able to.

But then once the room was alight, he could see... dummies? That's what the noises had been? They were viciously grabbing at them, and one caught hold of Evan's robes, pulling them off slightly and making the young man stumble. He righted himself as quickly as possible, before aiming at one. "Flipendo!" He was hoping to at least beat them back enough that he could decide what they needed to do next.

Maybe an immobulus charm as well? He'd consider trying that once the immediate danger of the dummies was dealt with.


The knockback jinx works well, sending the dummy away from you. Curiously, it does not come back after it has been knocked away. You may have just found the way to get the rest of these vicious hoodlums off your back, but hurry unless you wanna be ripped apart by the rest.


SPOILER!!: Sinclair
Text Cut: quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireheart View Post

Avalon flinched a bit at the door slamming, blinking her eyes a few times to adjust to the light. Wand at the ready, she took a few more steps inside. Until she halted herself at the sensation of movement. Her head tilted up, only to see the ceiling appear much closer than it had been a few seconds ago.

Her first inclination was to shout an immobilizing spell above her. But as she raised her wand, it dawned on her that the ceiling wasn't the thing that was moving. The floor was. And common sense told her that this was just an enchantment. Stopping the floor from moving wouldn't get her out of here. There were no doors or windows.

She pointed to a spot on the floor a bit away from her, just in case there wasn't anything cushy underneath. Didn't want to go falling through prematurely if the ground did crumble. "Expulso!" she said firmly, and sent the blasting curse downward, hoping that the force would stop the movement, or at least provide her a way out.


The explosion does cause a few cracks in the ground, enough that you may begin to question the integrity of the very ground you stand on. Unfortunately, it does not blast all the way through.

If only there was a spell that did just that to floors...


SPOILER!!: Upstead, N.
Text Cut: quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
There. No, it wasn't the kind of big dramatic display that was so common here at Hogwarts - the kind which Nem so frequently claimed to be above, until they weren't - but the floor had stopped, and they had a chance to get a better look at the room for anything significant. That they did, observing the floor, the unmarred walls, and the ceiling up above, twirling their wand between their fingers and clicking their tongue, still in no rush. Seemed like option two was in order.

Whatever. Funny thing was, this time one year ago Rosier had taught a lesson on exactly the kind of spell they had in mind. Nem had used this variation on the wall of the Entrance Hall to free up a way out in the midst of battle, just months ago. They backed up, all the better to aim their wand at the centre of the floor, and cast their spell non-verbally. Bombarda Maxima.


A spell with that much force, the floor of course gives way...dramatically and with much impact, kncoking the student against the walls as the rest of the ground began to disintegrate. The blowback was enough to knock the wind out of them. Perhaps...revise your notes before your next lesson. There was a spell that could achieve the same without all that damage...

For now, falling through the floor, the scenery begins to change. Some may even call it inspiring while others...a requirement for your exams. However you see it, it's time to move on. Your next stop is a garden. There are butterflies and a fountain with a famous former founder you may recognise to be Helga Hufflepuff. There are benches by the fountain if you'd like to have a seat. Take a load off. Is that lemonade on a tray? How brilliant. Less brilliant, the boggart that has been creeping up on you this entire time. Suddenly, you are confronted by your worst fear. Think quickly.


SPOILER!!: Tilly
Text Cut: quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn View Post

"LUMOS MAXIMA!"
Eden shouted with all of her tiny being. A ball of anxiety was already forming in the pit of her stomach - something was very close, but everything would remain dark and chaotic until she could...well, see.

Her game plan was to turn anything she could aim at into a rabbit. Or stone. Or both. Or...oh MERLIN, was something right behind her??? What if she couldn't see it and so couldn't make it a rabbit? Plan B...Plan B...

Light please!!!


You've managed to illuminate the room but your problems have only just begun! The light from your wand reveals you are surrounding by the...well not yet for you but infamous terror dummies commissioned by Headmaster Trent. They have a certain...viciousness to them. You may have noticed by the way they keep grabbing at you and pulling you in all directions. They try to tear at your clothes. You must get them away from you. If only there was a spell...that could...push things away. Wouldn't that be convenient?


SPOILER!!: Couture, Mordaunt
Text Cut: quotes
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
Misa wasn't sure interesting was the word she'd use. At least, not with the excited connotation he seemed to have.

"Noah." she repeated with a nod. "First Noah I've met." She didn't realize that that was a common name. She made a mental note of that, in case it came up in conversation.

"I thought it might be a hinkypunk." she said nervously chewing her lip. The thought of something leading her through the darkness toward her demise didn't sound at all appealing.

"Shall we head in?" she asked already going to the door.


Misa immediately wrinkled her nose as she stepped through the door. She glanced down at the barely visible ground and made a bit of a disgusted noise feeling the WETNESS.

"Swamp of some sort?" she said looking up ahead. Was that a light?

... was she right? She shivered uncomfortably. It was all the things she didn't like. Water. Darkness. Something out to get her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Well. She'd be honoured to meet the best Noah there was in school. Well, according to him at least. It was kind of annoying that he's got a common name... it was too common for his liking. None of his names were unique except for his surname, which was a proud one. "You're the first Misa I met too, and... you're French?" Her last name written on her badge was a clue, wasn't it? Anyway, a hinkypunk, hmm? The light gave them a clue, but as it turned out, it was just part of the dramatics of the door as it shuffled randomly while they were cued outside. "The only way to find out is to get in there and take a look, so let's go." with his own wand in his hand, he followed Misa inside the room.

Noah was just a few steps away from Misa when the door closed behind them, and he too blinked several times to keep himself from throwing up his breakfast. "Ooh. Now this is nasty." he remarked as he walked a little further, literally blinded by the darkness, except for the tiny light up ahead. The smell, the squishy matter under their feet. Bleurgh. "And I just shined my shoes last night not even missing the buckles, for Merlin's sake." despite his reaction, he did notice that they were in a place that was not totally alien to him. Gloucestershire has wetlands, the only difference was, he'd be in his wellies. "Marsh, swamp, bog...could be a bog because of the stench. But we're definitely in a wetland." he said as he too looked up ahead and saw the light. "Well, what do you know. Your guess might be right." he said with a grin despite their situation. "We're in a damp place, it's smelly, it's dark, and there's a light luring us towards it. Too friendly, don't you think?" With his wand, Noah casted lumos giving them a bit of light, and held it high above their heads.

That's when he noticed his partner's own reaction. "Hey, do you need a minute?" she... well, didn't look okay. Must be the smell, or the icky stuff beneath them, or the whole situation wrapped into one. Noah bit his lower lip as he considered his partner. "If it is a hinkypunk, what do we do with it?" that's what Trent wanted them to do, yes? Observe, come up with a plan based on their observation, and then tackle the situation. The only way out of there was to get rid of the creature up front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
Misa nodded. "Half French. My mom is Japanese." she explained. Hence the very unique name. It was from both sides of her family.

She thought nasty was an underdescription. She was also relieved that she wasn't the only one concerned with the sticky muck beneath them.

She squinted up ahead as Noah lit his wand. "I'm fine. Just... not a fan of water... or the dark... or something trying to get me." So basically she was not fine. All the things she hated at once. "If it is a hinkypunk... we just don't listen to it and try not to get hit by any... fireballs." She was guessing she was spot on. "I guess the question is, do we escape or capture the creature?" Both were options. She just didn't understand how these lessons worked.

She started walking diagonally just to get a sense of how large the room was. "Maybe there's just another door in a different direction?" She bit her lip and glanced toward the light again. She'd heard stories about this thing. Any second she expected groans coming from a figure that would look like a lost toddler. Even knowing that was what she could expect she had a hard time prepping herself to ignore that.


Why would you want to go looking for another door when this perfectly inviting light was beckoning you ever closer?

It was as if it was promising you safety and refuge.

But in another second, the fireballs begin to rain down. Better think quick, the exit IS close by.


SPOILER!!: Flamsteeds
Text Cut: quotes
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Oh.

Well.

This was...

... something.

Keeping a hold on his brother's hand (JUST TO KEEP TRACK OF HIM AND NOT BECAUSE HE WANTED TO HOLD HIS HAND), Atlas stayed about a half step BEHIND the older by literally a minute blonde and tightened his grip on his wand.

That breathing was unnerving and whatever it was could clearly see what it was doing despite the pitch blackness. The Gryffindor had half a thought to likewise attempt to amplify his own vision, fire with fire so to speak, but if what was there could see in the dark then making it so they too could see in the dark still gave whatever was here the advantage. It didn't need to adjust to anything...but what WOULD make it need to adjust would be a Wand Lighting Spell.

"Aries!" he hissed. "Light your wand, quick! The brighter the better. It might throw whatever is in here off a bit since it can see in the dark!" And then the second year gave a flick of his wand and spoke a little more enthusiastically (read: panicked) that intended. "LUMOS!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samia View Post
"Oh my GOD, Atlas - stop breathing so close to me, I know you are scared - but PLEASE"

Wait, that was his brother, right???

Aries was confused .... until the loud breathing came from somewhere else and Atlas' voice came from another. Oh.

RIGHT. The wand! "LUMOS" Aries randomly waved his wand in the air before .. he heard the footsteps. And suddenly it felt as if something had seized his heart and a chill of fear ran down his spine, without thinking it - he frantically shouted whatever spell he had heard professors use last term: "STUPPEEPHY" "PROTIIGO" "EXPELLIARMUS"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Um. UM. UM??? Excuse him?!

"If I stop breathing I'll pass out and you'll be here all alone and I know you don't want that," huffs back while giving Aries' hand a tight and desperate sort of squeeze. "Where ELSE am I supposed to breathe?!"

It wasn't like he could just turn around, walk out the door, and get himself another partner at this point.

Logic was triumphant in the end and soon his brother was lighting his wand as well...and then having precisely ZERO chill. NOW WAS NOT THE TIME, ARIES! Seeing (and hearing, thank you) his brother butcher a couple of pronunciations (MERLIN knew what spells he was actually casting at this point, Atlas made the quick decision to stop his Lumos in favor of going on the defense - at least ONE of them needed to do that if the other was going to have a meltdown. And apparently it wasn't his turn yet - though Aries was always the more sensitive one. "PROTEGO!" he called out, flourishing his wand in a sweeping motion to erect a magical barrier around them both. "Aries! Iceberg!"

Did that ever really work on them when they were kids and dad would shout it to get them to stop whatever it was they were doing and act like an iceberg? Sometimes. Usually the days they were not bouncing off the walls from sugar.

So uh...that thing making all the heavy breathing noises and shuffling around...it had been all discombobulated from the light...right? RIGHT!?


You've managed to illuminate the room but your problems have only just begun! The light from your wand reveals you are surrounding by the...well not yet for you but infamous terror dummies commissioned by Headmaster Trent. They have a certain...viciousness to them. You may have noticed by the way they keep grabbing at you and pulling you in all directions. They try to tear at your clothes. You must get them away from you. If only there was a spell...that could...push things away. Wouldn't that be convenient?


SPOILER!!: Cambridge, James. K
Text Cut: quotes
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Emm didn't know what she was expecting, never did when it came to DADA until it was far too late and she was screaming--well...couldn't exactly scream with Rosier around, but she'd done plenty of if in her head.

Always loud, always shrill.

This year though, this didn't feel like a ....scream per se. A shiver ran down her spine when in the middle of ALL THIS DARKNESS, she could hear such obnoxious breathing.

"Kizzy...? Kiz...? Please tell me that's you--how'd you get over there???" Wait...wait....hand clutched so tight to her bestfriend, you'd think it would occur to her sooner that whoever or whatever was moving so much couldn't have been her fellow Gryffindor. Whatever it was, it was bolting toward them and all Emmerson could immediately think to do was cling to Kinsay with a rather shrill shriek.

"It's coming! It's coming!! Kizzy, we're dead!!!" And would never even know what ate them! "Expell--incen--" Uh...uhhhhh "Lumos!!!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post

"Umm.... Emm...." Kinsay was not a fan of this total darkness situation. Not. A. Fan. "That's not.... I'm right here." Next to Emm and clinging, as always. But especially right now. The sound of footsteps were instant alarm bells and when it came down to fight or flight, Kinsay's first thought was, uh, it was: "Ruuuuuuuuuun!!!"

Only when she heard Emm trying spells, did Kinsay remember her own wand. "Lumos! Lumos! Lumos!" That'd help them know where to run. Kinsay was still fully intent on running. She didn't know too many fighting spells so it seemed like their best option, in all honesty. And y'know what? She was okay with that.

Because the words 'we're dead' were not ones that she wanted to be a reality today. Headmaster Trent wouldn't..... let them die in here, would he? Um. Maybe she should've asked before they went inside.

She would've preferred a written exam. Maybe.


You've managed to illuminate the room but your problems have only just begun! The light from your wand reveals you are surrounding by the...well not yet for you but infamous terror dummies commissioned by Headmaster Trent. They have a certain...viciousness to them. You may have noticed by the way they keep grabbing at you and pulling you in all directions. They try to tear at your clothes. You must get them away from you. If only there was a spell...that could...push things away. Wouldn't that be convenient?


SPOILER!!: Charbonneau, Mordaunt, Grimm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
Florrie didn't wait as she pushed the door open, assuming that the other two girls would follow. Immediately she lit her wand, the muttered "Lumos", the only sound in the place.

Until she took a step. Then the squelch of the marshy bog was a noise, and Florrie quickly pointed her wand at her robes, casting a quick series of waterproofing and protective charms on them. Maybe it wasn't the most important thing to do, but it made her feel better immediately and she was sure she would be able to concentrate better if she wasn't so distracted by the gross marshy-ness.

Turning her attention back to the matter at hand, Florrie raised her wand above her head and squinted, trying to make out what the light was in the distance. A marsh? A light that was trying to guide them?

"Do you think it's a hinkypunk?" she muttered under her breath to Ivy, completely ignoring the first year. "Or someone.... Homenum revelio," she added, casting the spell just incase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Mess was Scarlett's middle NAME. That was, if Leonore meant mess, which it DIDN'T, but STILL. This Hufflepuff was ALL for mess. The stink didn't bother her the slightest EITHER. She smelled worst things before, so she could DEAL with this just FINE.

Looking around, she assessed the situation FIRST before deciding it was OKAY to take a few steps AWAY from the ignorant Hufflepuff and the nice Ravenclaw. Didn't Florence Charbonneau wanted her NOT getting in the way??? So BE it. Scarlett wasn't trying to be quiet EITHER.

SPLOSH SPLOSH SPLOSH she went, flicking her wand randomly causing a small light to appear on its tip. HEY, COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A HINKYPUNK!??!?!?! Scarlett didn't know MUCH about those, but she knew enough to know there were CREEPY and something she should stay AWAY from in real life. But was THIS real life??????? IF that was a hinkypunk, would it be a REAL hinkypunk or a pretend one? Were the teachers allowed to handle such CREATURES???????? Besides, how did one even GET one of those to cooperate in a lesson??????

So, Scarlett assumed it was a fake one. BUT she'd play along.

Sploshing AWAY from the other girls, yep. BYE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSnapesGirl View Post

She wasn't sure what she was expecting when she opened the door, but her foot sinking into mud probably wasn't on her list.

Wrinkling her nose at the smell of it all, Ivy shifted her feet, hoping for some stable not-muddy ground, but there didn't seem to be much. Even with her eyes adjusting to the change in lighting, she could tell they were in some kinda swamp or bog. The ground was all wet and muddy and gross.

But there did seem to be a light ahead somewhere... Very suspicious.

"Yeah, hinkypunk seems most likely," she replied, nodding at Florrie, then mumbled a quick "Lumos" as well to light the tip of her wand. The Homenum Revelio spell was a good idea too. Didn't hurt to cover their bases and make sure it wasn't coming from a human source. Good to be prepared and all that, like the Headmaster had said.

Only...wait, what was with all the sploshing? Where was the first year going? "Hey, wait! We should probably stick together." Though thank Merlin the girl didn't appear to be going towards the (possible) hinkypunk light at least?
[/textcut]

Hello travellers, welcome to the bog. Might we interest you in a nice, shiny light to illuminate your path through this...terribly dark and marshy place?

The light swings back and forth, trying to get their attention.

Wouldn't it be nice if we all followed such a helpful guide?


SPOILER!!: Potter
Text Cut: quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

Dare could hear something whisper for him to come closer as he was walking towards the light. However, each step he took, he felt himself getting farther away from the light source itself. I knew it.. it's a trap.. but what could this...?

Then it clicked.

A Hinkypunk.. Darius worked it out in his head from one of the earlier texts mentioning the creature. It would pull you in before making its attack as he kept walking closer and closer with thoughts formulating on a plan. But I have to be sure it's really one... his current charm wasn't strong enough so that left him to yell out, "Lumos Duo!" Aiming to get a good look at the source of the light.


The light source hollered as it was exposed to the light. It hopped backward, but there was no mistaking the form of the wispy hinkypunk that tried to get far away from your light.

It didn't get far before it found itself dazed by the light and immobile.


SPOILER!!: Parker, Luck
Text Cut: quotes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangeetha View Post
Oh boy, what was this abomination now? What WERE these things? Kaira shrieked as the grabbed her and tried to tug at her clothes. Yanking herself way from them, she racked her brain for a spell to cast. Oh yes.. 'FLIPENDO!,' she cast with all her might. 'PETRIFICUS TOTALUS! IMPEDIMENTA!,' she cast at them, one after the other, wondering which of them would work
Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
With both of them casting lumos, Ingrid felt slightly better but still, the footsteps echoing around them and the creepy breathing was just…well creepy. The Specialis Revelio spell didn’t exactly help but she was glad they’d tried that anyway.

What little pleasure she had took from Kiara remembering the spell dissipated very quickly when they were both met by particularly grabby horror movie dummies that look like they’d been created based on some poor muggle movie in the early 2000’s.

Breathing heavily, Ingrid backed into Kiara with her wand out in front of her. She had a spell on the tip of her tongue and yet… “Uhhh…UHHHHHH…KIARA!” They may look like B side movie knockoffs but there was something that about them that just screamed serial killer! It wasn’t until she heard Kiara’s shriek and her barrage of spells that she actually managed to mutter something herself.

“PRETFICASSSS TOTULL-….no…FLIPEDIMENTAAA…”

Blinking back tears, Ingrid froze and stared at the dummies as they grabbed at her robes and pulled her in all directions, unable to move. All she could do was pull her hands away from them and cover her head.


That was...a lot of spells that didn't exist and a few that had no effect.

However, you notice one DOES seem the keep them away. The knockjinx sent two dummies flying back. Even better, they didn't come back. Looks like you have your battle plnan.


SPOILER!!: Kitridge
Text Cut: quote
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Gemma would have loved a partner, but she hadn't asked to partner with anyone. She had stood when people asked. Her mind wasn't focused enough so she was anxious about doing spells, she was scared they wouldn't work and didn't want to put anyone else in danger, but now, now she wanted a partner and someone that could help if she needed.

She missed Hope!

Moving to the door she glanced at the headmaster and thought maybe she should say she needed the loo or the healer, but instead she took a deep breath and entered the room alone.


There's no mistaking it, once you enter through the door you find yourself in a marshy swamp-like bog. It doesn't smell great and lighting could be better. You'll have to find your way through. Thankfully there appears to be a light just up ahead. It beckons you closer, promising to show you the way out of this treacherous place. Make your choices wisely, you don't want to be stuck here forever.


SPOILER!!: Nam. L, Fox
Text Cut: quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
SPOILER!!: scenario!
The room you enter is entirely dark. An eerie breathing can be heard but it's difficult to tell the direction from which it comes. Sometimes it seems the breathing is right behind you. Sometimes it appears to be moving away. The sudden sound of footsteps hammering toward you may alarm you. Can't fight what you can't see, huh?


Lisa was still planning on standing behind Ash.

As the two entered the room, Lisa’s eyesight became limited. It was dark. Entirely dark. She couldn’t really see anything near her but she DID hear a lot of things. She lended her ear to their surroundings, trying to figure out where the breathing was coming from. The little Ravenclaw turned around when she realized that the breathing had been coming from behind her and then footstep sounds were becoming louder and louder.

She gripped her wand, ready to whack whatever was near them. “Ash, do we use Lumos or .....?” she asked, biting her lip to stop herself from squealing in fear. Lumos or do they just run. Part of her wondered if the light emitted from the wand would only draw their enemies closer.

This was... this was just all in her head right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
"Maybe just look unintimidating so whatever it is goes after me first." Shouldn't be too hard. Lisa was only like four feet tall and eleven years old. "And if you see me do something super stupid, don't do it too." When Ash entered the room, she immediately cast lumos and threw up a shield charm. She also put a protective arm around Lisa. "Don't panic or whatever. New Trent isn't allowed to actually kill us." Unlike Fake Trent and Rosier.


You've managed to illuminate the room but your problems have only just begun! The light from your wand reveals you are surrounding by the...well not yet for you but infamous terror dummies commissioned by Headmaster Trent. They have a certain...viciousness to them. You may have noticed by the way they keep trying to grab at you and, trying to pull you in all directions. Good thing you have that shield, but they're going nowhere. They try to tear at your clothes. You must get them away from you. If only there was a spell...that could...push things away. Wouldn't that be convenient?



SPOILER!!: O'Hanlan-Draven
Text Cut: quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imsosikk07 View Post


Alright...it was time to head inside. Finally. The fun was about to start. She couldn't wait. Looking around, she saw people partnering up with one another and she let out a small sigh. Man, that attitude of yours throughout your time in school is really hitting you now, isn't it Aibhi? She wasn't expecting anyone to go with her in the room. Nor did she want anyone with her. She wanted to do this all on her own. She wanted to feel like she can do this on her own. Taking a moment before approaching the door, she pulls out her wand gripping it not so tight but tight enough that it was firm in her hand as she approached the door. Tapping the doorknob gently, Aibhi then walked through the door. The thoughts of what could possibly be beyond this door for her...she had no idea what to expect, but she did know one thing is for certain; she was going to try to do the best she can for this lesson.



Is it just you...or does it feel like the ceiling is getting a little closer. You've only just entered the room and with the door slamming shut so suddenly, it may be easy to think you're just imagining things but then....no, you're positive the ridiculously high ceiling above you is coming closer. In another second it becomes glaringly obvious as you begin a rapid ascent. There is no way to stop the floor, there is nowhere to run, no cracks along the walls to exploit and no cushions (okay maybe it's cushioned) on the ceiling. Best get off this ride while you can.


SPOILER!!: Blaze
Text Cut: quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Okay.

If the spell couldn’t work on the ceiling, maybe a stronger spell could work on the floor. She’d better move fast though. Claudine directed her attention to the floor quickly, her mind racing for appropriate spells. “Bombarda.’’ Maintaining her cool and concentration, the spell which usually created small explosions was cast. Claudine didn’t want a huge explosion that would cause her harm, did she?

But would it work?

Next as a backup should the floor disintegrate, she needed to think about her safe landing. For now, a Hover Charm was used on herself as she peered down below to figure out if she could make herself descend yet or there was some danger lurking below.


The explosion manages to send cracks along the ground. It does feel less sturdy than it did a moment ago, in fact, another explosion may get the job done.

Of course...there is another spell that does the job even better for less effort.


SPOILER!!: Adara-Stark, Connolly
Text Cut: quotes
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post

Apollo wasn't sure who he would want to work with but all he knew was that they did need to get a move on in terms of exploring the rooms. And yet he barely heard Bella approaching him and rambling as he just watched people disappearing.

It wasn't until he was poked that the second year blinked to alertness. "Okay. Trio. Yes. We got this." And he would have grabbed their arms to link with them except he sort of needed his wand arm free, so uh... they'd follow, wouldn't they? But he should probably introduce the two ladies first? "Oh, Bella, this is Serena. Serena. Bella. Perfect. Ready?" And uh, as the token guy, was he meant to lead them? Maybe, which was exactly what he did, prodding the door marked for their year with his wand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
SPOILER!!: Apollo & Serena




Bella was about to step on Apollo's foot to get him to jolt into alertness since they needed to get a move on when of course they were joined by Serena. Her showing up demanding to be Apollo's partner too finally got him talking. Upset now, since Apollo hadn't acknowledged her at all Bella now wished she had chosen to go solo like Claudine. Guess she just had to take a bite out of the sour apple and play friendly for now.

It didn't help that Apollo seemed oblivious to her feelings of upsetness that no doubt radiated from her off her skin. Instead he just said they'd be a trio and then introduced her to Serena and the other way around. Forcing on a smile she said even if rather wouldn't have said anything at all. "Hi Serena. We're in the same house. Maybe we can chat sometime at dinner? Anyway, let's go into the room.." As Apollo headed off Bella followed in his wake and prodded the door marked with second year before she headed inside.


The room you enter is entirely dark. An eerie breathing can be heard but it's difficult to tell the direction from which it comes. Sometimes it seems the breathing is right behind you. Sometimes it appears to be moving away. The sudden sound of footsteps hammering toward you may alarm you. Can't fight what you can't see, huh?


SPOILER!!: O'Neill, Donovan
Text Cut: quotes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger Danger View Post
Looking at the door he bit his lip getting ready for anything and everything that they were going to face. "I think we shall decide that once we face whatever in there." Taking a breath to calm his nerves. "Ready go ahead Lia, one... two three!" Gripping his hand and his hand intertwined in hers still he opened the door.


He didn't know what they were going to face but he was ready for it, he knew it couldn't be worse then the Neo Alliance they faced last term. If they made it through that with only bruises and scratches, then they could and would get through this. With this determination inside him he squeezed Lia's hand and gave her a comforting smile. "We got this, as long as we're together we're unstoppable, just don't let go of my hand olay?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Dahlia wasn't focused on anything other than the door in front of them, her grip on his hand and her wand in her other hand. Those three things were all that mattered until they walked through that door. Then her attention had to be on the task at hand. "I'm fine, we're fine.. everything's fine." She responded simply trying her best not to let her nerves get the best of her before she even know what to expect.

Stepping inside the room was like going from morning to night in the blink of an eye. There was complete and utter darkness which wouldn't have been so bad if there was even the smallest hint of light anywhere but there wasn't. Her fingers tightened around Tad's gently tugging him closer so she knew exactly where he was, the sound of breathing loud and clear had to have been his, right? "Tad? That's you breathing so close to me... right?" she had entered the room ahead of him and he was taller than her so it made sense.

Wait..

What was that?!

"Do you hear that?" She wasn't just talking about the breathing either. Someone or something else was in here. Darkness. Strange breathing. Footsteps. Nope, that's all the assessing she could do. "Protego!" Dahlia spoke clearly, visualizing the shield taking form in her mind as she traced the wand movement in the air in front her. "Lumos!"

Now with some light and a shield charm up hopefully they would be protected long enough that they could see what was coming at them. Then they could deal with whatever it was correctly.


You've managed to illuminate the room but your problems have only just begun! The light from your wand reveals you are surrounding by the...well not yet for you but infamous terror dummies commissioned by Headmaster Trent. They have a certain...viciousness to them. You may have noticed by the way they keep trying to grab at you and trying to pull you in all directions. Good thing you have that shield, but they aren't going anywhere. They try to tear at your clothes. You must get them away from you. If only there was a spell...that could...push things away. Wouldn't that be convenient?


SPOILER!!: Ryan, Yoon
Text Cut: quotes
Quote:
Originally Posted by love-for-HP View Post
Looking at the ceiling that was coming closer or was the floor going to the ceiling?? Either way it didn't matter - it appeared that Daniel and himself had mere second to decide what in the world they were going to do.

Don't panic" Blake nearly shouted at him as he himself was starting to have an internal panic section. Before loosing his head completely he raised his wand. "I know of a spell that might help!" He told the younger student. "Bombarda" Blake shouted - praying he had done the wand movement right... and waiting to see if it had done anything to help them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Don’t panic?

DONT PANIC?!

He was a eleven year old with zero magical experience being shot up in to a ceiling that was surely going to crush them both!

”I’m not panicking!” he shrieked, clearly panicking right now. He hadn’t even gotten up from the platform because seated down meant he was further away from the ceiling.

When the older student casted his spell, one he had read about in Minjae’s textbooks and knowing that it was a blasting spell, Daniel had hopes it would make a hole in the ceiling before they would hit it. But when it didn’t work he silently judged the Slytherin for his spell work.

”Can you use that slowing spell?” he quickly asked as he scooted over to the edge of the platform. He meant Arresto Momentum but wasn’t sure if that was what it was called. ”Cause i think we need to jump”


The spell had been done right and it did cause the ground to shake as its integrity became compromised. Perhaps another blast might do the trick...though honestly there's another spell that would've gotten this done in half the time....

Study. Study.


SPOILER!!: Jones
Text Cut: quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
So apparently the floor wasn’t resistant to magic, good to know! Less good was the fact that Heath was now falling through the floor. His mind raced, How far was the drop? What would he find at the bottom? He drew his wand, intending to cast Arresto Momentum on himself, but before he could react, he found himself in a garden. His dark eyes scanned his new surroundings, taking in the butterflies, the fountain, the bench and lemonade, and… was that Helga Hufflepuff? The sight of her strangely reminded him of his second year when the school founders escaped their portraits. Merlin, he wasn’t going to have to deal with that nonsense again, was he?

He wasn’t fooled by the deceptively calm scenery. For all he knew, that bench could be charmed to grab him as soon as he sat, and that lemonade could be spiked with some potion. He kept moving forward, half-expecting a monster to jump out at him any second. Or maybe Helga Hufflepuff was the monster? Some sort of shapeshifter? He eyed the Hogwarts founder, waiting for her to transform into something scary.

He was so focused on Hufflepuff that he didn’t notice anything else in the room with him until out of the corner of his eye, he saw her, the ghost of a girl about his own age. That face, those eyes… he knew her even before he saw the star ring on the ghost’s finger. One look at the ghost girl, and tears ran down his face. “No…” he gasped, clapping the hand that wasn’t gripping his wand to his mouth to stop himself from sobbing. Not only had she left him alone, but she’d gone somewhere he could never follow!

How had this happened? Had she been killed by some monster lurking about? No… It was only at that moment that Heath remembered this was still DADA class. Headmaster Trent wouldn’t let anyone actually die! Finally understanding dawned on him. A boggart! How had he not figured it out sooner?! Now he felt like an idiot for getting so upset over nothing! His grief-stricken expression turned to one of determination as he pointed his wand at the ghost girl. Imagining a certain alien baby, he cast, “Riddikulus!”


And just like that, there was a Baby Yoda sitting there, harmless and no longer a threat to the Ravenclaw.

Making it this far, you find there is a door now waiting for you. The door however, is locked. No amount of spells will open this door as it has been sealed. The only way to get it will be through the field of inferi that guard the box containing the key. The box very clearly has the word key on it for the less subtle among you. Hopefully you've been brushing up and know what to do. It wouldn't do to have them rip you limb from limb and bring you to the side of the dead...er...undead.


__________________
Imma say all the words inside my head____________________________________

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline  
Old 05-11-2021, 12:48 AM   #213 (permalink)



G&S
Kappa
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,386

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Once he'd cast the first spell, the others moved in so ferociously that Evan nearly missed the results. He lifted his wand to try immobulous, before noting that the others... had not actually came back at him. He eyed them curiously for a split second, before another dummy was ripping the rest of his outer robes off and the Ravenclaw turned to aim at that one next. "Flipendo!"

It knocked away again and he nearly sighed in relief before turning to the first year. "Alfie, trying casting the knockback jinx to get them away from us! If you don't know it, try to just watch my movements and copy them." And even if he couldn't, well the Nam male might as well just get a move on. Which is exactly what he did, pointing at each of them as quickly as he could, aiming for the closer approaching dummies first. "Flipendo! Flipendo! Flipendo!"

He couldn't even tell how many there were and who kept coming. He was just trying to not hit his partner and get the spells out as fast as possible.
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline  
Old 05-11-2021, 12:56 AM   #214 (permalink)


DMGS & DMLE
Aethonan
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,826

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mia Paszek
Graduated

Student Character:
Margaret (Mamie) Turov
Fourth Year
Hufflepuff

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
This isn't what she was expecting, complete and total blackness. She felt a hand reach for hers and excepted it. She was scared. Whatever was in this room, she could hear it breathing. There wasn't anyway the school was going to pit them in immediate danger, right? This isn't was she had signed up for! "Do you know what this is?" She asked, trying to sound brave but knowing you could hear her words practically shaking out of her mouth.

She felt at little more at ease when Margaret cast her spell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
SPOILER!!: Turov, Burke
Text Cut: quotes




You've managed to illuminate the room but your problems have only just begun! The light from your wand reveals you are surrounding by the...well not yet for you but infamous terror dummies commissioned by Headmaster Trent. They have a certain...viciousness to them. You may have noticed by the way they keep grabbing at you and pulling you in all directions. They try to tear at your clothes. You must get them away from you. If only there was a spell...that could...push things away. Wouldn't that be convenient?
"Not a clue," Mamie whispered back to the first year, without really thinking. And then there was light!!! She gripped the younger girl's hand tighter as the weird breathing and footsteps was revealed to be...dummies. Did dummies breathe? She hadn't realized. She tried to kick a few away, before remembering she had a wand. Ta-da! She kicked a few more times while she tried to think of what spells might be useful.

Tried to think what Rosier had actually taught them.

Or what she could quickly teach this little first year.

"Ollie, can you try to do a spell with me? Watch me, then repeat it," she said, trying not to let her voice get too high pitched. If she wasn't scared, Ollie wouldn't be scared. Right? Right? RIGHT?!?! If they could both do the same spell, it would probably be more effective. "Flipendo!" she demonstrated, with a slightly exaggerated wand movement, before repeating it normally at other dummies. "Flipendo!"
__________________
Waddles is offline  
Old 05-11-2021, 12:57 AM   #215 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,254

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie

Diagon Alley Employee:
Barty Belcher
Shrunken Head Bowling Alley
Default

Text Cut: Violet's Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

But this light was better.

It crooned at the girl, urging her to following along. It surely knew the way out of such a marshy place. She just had to follow.

Come ooonnn. Follow the pretty liiiight.


Violet was having none of it. She was more sure than ever that this was a trap--after what she'd gone through in the past year, she was disinclined to trust anyone, especially invisible things calling to her from the darkness (besides, she detested crooning).

The light from her wand was enough to guide her alone her own path through this room, or place, wherever it was, but she still couldn't see whatever was in the room with her, or where it was. Finally, tired of being in the dark (so to speak), Violet pointed her wand in the direction of the crooning and cried loudly: "Lumos Duo! Lumos Duo!! Lumos Duo!!!"
MadAlice is offline  
Old 05-11-2021, 01:22 AM   #216 (permalink)



DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Deezerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fire Nation
Posts: 7,411

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Serena Baltazar-Dos Santos
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Angelo C. Alvarez
Law Enforcement
x8
Default
That's Rough Buddy | Be the Flower | Moon & Stars

SPOILER!!: Apollo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Apollo wasn't sure who he would want to work with but all he knew was that they did need to get a move on in terms of exploring the rooms. And yet he barely heard Bella approaching him and rambling as he just watched people disappearing.

It wasn't until he was poked that the second year blinked to alertness. "Okay. Trio. Yes. We got this." And he would have grabbed their arms to link with them except he sort of needed his wand arm free, so uh... they'd follow, wouldn't they? But he should probably introduce the two ladies first? "Oh, Bella, this is Serena. Serena. Bella. Perfect. Ready?" And uh, as the token guy, was he meant to lead them? Maybe, which was exactly what he did, prodding the door marked for their year with his wand.


SPOILER!!: Bella
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Bella was about to step on Apollo's foot to get him to jolt into alertness since they needed to get a move on when of course they were joined by Serena. Her showing up demanding to be Apollo's partner too finally got him talking. Upset now, since Apollo hadn't acknowledged her at all Bella now wished she had chosen to go solo like Claudine. Guess she just had to take a bite out of the sour apple and play friendly for now.

It didn't help that Apollo seemed oblivious to her feelings of upsetness that no doubt radiated from her off her skin. Instead he just said they'd be a trio and then introduced her to Serena and the other way around. Forcing on a smile she said even if rather wouldn't have said anything at all. "Hi Serena. We're in the same house. Maybe we can chat sometime at dinner? Anyway, let's go into the room.." As Apollo headed off Bella followed in his wake and prodded the door marked with second year before she headed inside.


SPOILER!!: Activity
The room you enter is entirely dark. An eerie breathing can be heard but it's difficult to tell the direction from which it comes. Sometimes it seems the breathing is right behind you. Sometimes it appears to be moving away. The sudden sound of footsteps hammering toward you may alarm you. Can't fight what you can't see, huh?


A trio???

Serena shrugged. Sure, why not? More protection for her.

As for the introductions, Serena simply nodded curtly at Bella. She remembered her as the person who delivered Apollo's note during the Feast. She's also shared a common room.

Speaking of Bella, she didn't seem too happy. That or she had stomach issues and was pretending to be okay. Her daddy has been teaching her to read people, and Serena made no waste of those skills. She read people constantly, and she was reading Bella right now. As for the dinner invitation..."Sure," she agreed, refraining from turning it down like she normally would. Bella is her housemate, she deserves a chance. Plus, it'd be amusing.

Following the older students' lead and did as the Headmaster had mentioned. Just in case, she stayed close to Apollo. She was trying to decide who she'd rely most during this exercise. The boy who owed her a broomstick or the girl in her house.

Once in the room, Serena did not like this one BIT. She relied heavily on her sense of sight, and the fact that it was pitch dark inside the room with a weird breathing pattern caught her off guard. "Guys..." she breathed, her hand instinctively reaching for Bella's (her brain made the decision for her). At least, she hoped it was. If it was an inferi or something else, she was going to scream.

Then footsteps....SHE WAS GOING TO SCREAM.
__________________
Deezerz is offline  
Old 05-11-2021, 01:23 AM   #217 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO

Centaur
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 42,696

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe James
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Default sorry, moving us on!
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

The floor was moving too fast, and Phoebe didn't feel like she could wait another moment for Gracelyn to decide on their next move. Maybe that was rude? Yeah, it was probably very rude, but there was something about the ceiling rushing toward her face that put Phoebe off caring too much about that.

"Bombarda Maxima!," Phoebe cast the spell with all the intent she could muster (that squishing thing again), and she focused that intent on blasting a hole through the ceiling above them. Please no face squishing, OKAY?
__________________
★ Dawn ★

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Cassirin is offline  
Old 05-11-2021, 01:34 AM   #218 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
St Mungos Mod

DMAC & DMC
Crup
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working
Posts: 17,399

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Morgan Finn McCarthy
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Raini Youngbird
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy
Magical Creatures

x12 x5
Default
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
For a second there, maybe Pax thought that Nemesis was coming over to her. Not that it mattered. Not that she was bothered. She didn't react even a tiny bit when her twin continued past her without even the barest of glances. She was so non-reactive, in fact, that she stayed completely motionless for several moments after Nem had gone. Just letting others go first, obviously. She would much prefer to work on her own anyway as usual.

Obviously.

She gripped her wand a little tighter and looked at Morgan when he seemingly materialized out of nowhere. Pax would have expected the Gryffindor to be with his other half on this one. Kale had gone though, and Pax hadn't seen who he might have buddied up with. Cece maybe.

Well. Having a Gryffindor to go in ahead of her wasn't a bad tactic, even if she wanted to keep this particular one around. Pax nodded and followed him inside. Convenient, anyway, because she was suddenly reminded of something.

"We should make plans for halloween. Just us." because Phoebe James could take her 'custody' and shove it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

Is it just you...or does it feel like the ceiling is getting a little closer. You've only just entered the room and with the door slamming shut so suddenly, it may be easy to think you're just imagining things but then....no, you're positive the ridiculously high ceiling above you is coming closer. In another second it becomes glaringly obvious as you begin a rapid ascent. There is no way to stop the floor, there is nowhere to run, no cracks along the walls to exploit and no cushions (okay maybe it's cushioned) on the ceiling. Best get off this ride while you can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz
"Do you think it's a maze?“ Pax asked Morgan, looking back at the door when it slammed shut behind them and then up at the ceiling, trying to assess things as quickly as possible. They were moving. Fast. She didn't wait for MF's response.

"Immobulus." Pax didn't strictly need to verbalize the spell as she cast but did for Morgan's benefit. The idea was to stop the floor raising up at least long enough to be able to reverse it - if it was going up then she wanted to go down, "Descendo." She cast immediately afterwards, aiming at the floor, and doing her best to keep control so that if the floor did reverse its motion as she intended, it would do so at a manageable speed.
"Hm?" Morgan glanced at Pax once they entered their room as she mentioned Halloween. "Yeah, sure... Oh actually, I think Kale wanted us to plan a party for Halloween." So he was already booked for that date, but she'd be eager for a party, yeah? Parties were cool and they definitely needed all the fun they could get this year after last term.

"Yeah, I bet it is some sort of maze," he nodded his agreement when the door slammed shut. Didn't they do something like that a few terms ago? Morgan couldn't remember, he couldn't keep track of every lesson, but it seemed familiar and seemed like something Trent would do. Little things they had to face around every corner. This Gryffindor wasn't the best at strategizing what spells he should use, but he was sure Pax was probably good at that. Fire and explosions were in his wheelhouse, so he was all set if they needed that.

OH. Morgan hadn't expected the floor, and the two of them on it, to be heading so quickly for the ceiling like that. But good thing Pax was quick on her feet. "Good thinking," he said, after she cast the two spells in succession. "Uh... I don't see a door.." The sixth year looked around, and... nothing but the door behind them. "Maybe we can blast our way out of here?" He gave her a quick look, before pointing his wand at the wall in front of them. "Stand back... or better yet, cast a shield. Reducto!" Hopefully force worked and it wasn't something dumb like reveal a hidden door. He was much better with explosions.
__________________

emjay is offline  
Old 05-11-2021, 01:47 AM   #219 (permalink)



DMT & DMLE
Firecrab
 
Fireheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Naboo
Posts: 776

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Avalon Sinclair
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Japser Cohen
Magical Creatures
Default

Text Cut: Avalon's Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
The explosion does cause a few cracks in the ground, enough that you may begin to question the integrity of the very ground you stand on. Unfortunately, it does not blast all the way through.

If only there was a spell that did just that to floors...


Avalon threw her arm out to steady herself as the floor rattled with the explosion. Carefully tiptoeing over to the spot of impact, she peered around for an exit. No such thing. Perhaps the floor was charmed. She racked her brain for a different spell. Another blasting curse wasn't likely to help, as Trent had likely made this surface impenetrable. The Ravenclaw needed something more powerful—at least for whatever material this floor was made out of.

Aha! Floor. The thought brought another spell into her mind. "Deprimo!" she shouted, flicking her wand downward.
Fireheart is offline  
Old 05-11-2021, 02:32 AM   #220 (permalink)
Demiguise
 
Lady of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winterfell, yo
Posts: 24,002

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valentina Hope Nichols
Fourth Year
Default
SUMMER FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

SPOILER!!: Nichols


You've managed to illuminate the room but your problems have only just begun! The light from your wand reveals you are surrounding by the...well not yet for you but infamous terror dummies commissioned by Headmaster Trent. They have a certain...viciousness to them. You may have noticed by the way they keep grabbing at you and pulling you in all directions. They try to tear at your clothes. You must get them away from you. If only there was a spell...that could...push things away. Wouldn't that be convenient?


Val looked shocked as the light from her wand illuminated the..dummies?? that were gathered all around her. Wait. What was she to do now? She tried to not panic because that would be of no use, would it? "No, no, get away from me!!" She tried to back away but there was one standing behind her too. Punching them wasn't an option.. was it?? No wait. She had a wand.

Think Valentina, think.

"Flipendo!" She aimed at the one standing in front of her before repeating it at the other ones, feeling a little relaxed. They were only dummies, nothing to be too scared about. Right?? Right.
__________________
Lady of Light is offline  
Old 05-11-2021, 02:33 AM   #221 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod


DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Watson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rhody!
Posts: 7,011

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simon E. Holden
Graduated

Student Character:
Lisa Nam
Second Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

SPOILER!!: scenario
You've managed to illuminate the room but your problems have only just begun! The light from your wand reveals you are surrounding by the...well not yet for you but infamous terror dummies commissioned by Headmaster Trent. They have a certain...viciousness to them. You may have noticed by the way they keep trying to grab at you and, trying to pull you in all directions. Good thing you have that shield, but they're going nowhere. They try to tear at your clothes. You must get them away from you. If only there was a spell...that could...push things away. Wouldn't that be convenient?

Okay, yes, noted. Lisa would TRY to look not intimidating. She was pretty sure she had no game in the intimidation zone because she was barely over four feet. So she simply gripped her wand, ready for whatever came there way. Her heart raced when she heard the noises but soon enough Ash had cast a spell and literally she’d some light on their current predicament.

Lisa gasped when she saw the things try to grab them. She bit her lip and pulled her wand up, aiming at one of the viscous dummies (EW!) near them. OH WAIT! She could use a spell. She had just learned it in Charms class. She traced her wand in a check like motion and cried, “Flipendo! Flipendo!” As she cast it, she poured all of her energy and adrenaline into it.

She didn’t want one of those things to get her. “Ash! Ash! Is there another spell we can use? Like a bigger flipendo?
__________________
Watson is offline  
Old 05-11-2021, 02:49 AM   #222 (permalink)
Moderator
Quibbler Mod




MO & DMLE
Sphinx
 
Felixir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posts: 48,819

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kamran Kazmi
Graduated

Student Character:
Nemesis Upstead
Seventh Year
Slytherin

Ministry RPG Name:
Jake Upstead
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Default
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
SPOILER!!: Upstead, N.
A spell with that much force, the floor of course gives way...dramatically and with much impact, kncoking the student against the walls as the rest of the ground began to disintegrate. The blowback was enough to knock the wind out of them. Perhaps...revise your notes before your next lesson. There was a spell that could achieve the same without all that damage...

For now, falling through the floor, the scenery begins to change. Some may even call it inspiring while others...a requirement for your exams. However you see it, it's time to move on. Your next stop is a garden. There are butterflies and a fountain with a famous former founder you may recognise to be Helga Hufflepuff. There are benches by the fountain if you'd like to have a seat. Take a load off. Is that lemonade on a tray? How brilliant. Less brilliant, the boggart that has been creeping up on you this entire time. Suddenly, you are confronted by your worst fear. Think quickly.
Knock them back it did, which was a nice way to liven things up. Nem collided painfully with the wall behind them, ears ringing from the blast, and then they were falling; it took some time before they found they had the capacity to draw in breath again. No doubt they'd get marks knocked off, but Nem had about as much consideration for that as they had for the danger when choosing to blast the floor to kingdom come.

Right when they found themselves in the next scene, some kind of garden, Nem recovered their breath, and spluttered immediately into a laugh. They rubbed the back of their hand roughly with the palm of their hand; it had knocked against the wall in the blast, but the pain wasn't hanging around. As their laughter had died down and their smile faded, Nem took a good look around at the garden. None of it particularly interesting, none of it screaming 'Defence Against the Dark Arts assessment' at first glance, at least until they turned and saw it, the one thing starkly out of place.

One thing, yes, though it kept changing into others. A shapeshifter.

Dead body... Acromantula... clown... ghost... Fiendfyre... darkness... two dead bodies... giant snake... Lucien Rosier...

Nem watched dispassionately as the boggart, clearly confused, morphed into several more forms in quick succession, every now and then trying to turn into two or more at once. The main thing that clued Nem in to the fact that this was indeed a boggart, without a flicker of fear on their own part, was the fact that it kept taking on forms they knew, objectively, were frightening to others. More than likely, it was those other people who provided the boggart its inspiration right now, as it struggled to find something within Nem that suited its purpose.

Tempting though it was to watch even longer, to see what else appeared and in what combinations, Nem supposed they should move on, as these tasks did seem to have been planned with speed as well as effectiveness in mind. They made to raise their wand, but paused. The Headsman likely had some sort of access to these scenes. If he could see what the boggart was doing - and maybe the Bombarda Maxima situation would make sense to him, with that in mind - and if Nem turned that thing into something they found truly amusing, that might be it. End of the game. With just the boggart, the situation was not beyond retrieval. Taking control was still relatively easy.

"Riddikulus." Nem cast the spell in a flat voice, intending for the entire mess to be sucked into the ground as though into quicksand. But quicker. Quickersand.
__________________

i wanna stand up, i wanna let go _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ ____.

you know, you know; no you don't, you don't
Felixir is offline  
Old 05-11-2021, 04:31 AM   #223 (permalink)


MO & DIMC
Red Cap
 
Dumblydor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Earth
Posts: 77

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfred Demaret
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Joseph Fawley
Minister's Office
Default

The light from his wand lit up the... dummies? That was what the creepy breathing and footsteps were? How stu- Okay, they were now attacking them. Viciously. Alfred kicked or punched the dummies away from him whenever they came near him, but it was nowhere near as strong as Evan's Knockback Jinx; they swarmed back within seconds and continued to tear at his robes.

Alfred nodded at the older boy when he asked him to try and cast the jinx. It was worth a shot. The Lumos had worked after all. He watched the wand movement and attempted casting the spell. "Flipendo!" Did it work? He was prepared to resort back kicking and punching, which would at least delay the attack and maybe give the third year enough to time to cast the spell properly on all of them if Alfred's own hadn't worked.
Dumblydor is offline  
Old 05-11-2021, 07:01 AM   #224 (permalink)

MLE & DERP

Puffskein
 
aRogueOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,313

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ingrid Starling "Birdie" Luck
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Forrest John Roberts III
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post


SPOILER!!: Parker, Luck
That was...a lot of spells that didn't exist and a few that had no effect.

However, you notice one DOES seem the keep them away. The knockjinx sent two dummies flying back. Even better, they didn't come back. Looks like you have your battle plnan.
Stupid. Fake. Dummies.

Standing there with her hands above her head, it took Ingrid a moment to actually process that some of the dummies had indeed been pushed away from them and weren’t coming back. It certainly hadn’t been from one of her own spells so it must have been one of Kiara’s!

God, she felt like such an embarrassment. Not only to herself but to her family and the few friends that she actually might have had coming into this lesson. What would they say if they saw her like this? A second year was out performing her in DaDa! What an embarrassment they would say.

Ingrid the coward

Scared little Ingrid

Taking a short, steadying breaths, if one could do so, jammed her wand out in front of her and pointed it at the remaining dummies that were crowding her and Kiara.

“Flipendo!”

Oh, look! She had managed to say it right this time. It was a Christmas miracle. In September. It was a September miracle. The rarest miracle of all. Apparently.
__________________
aRogueOne is offline  
Old 05-11-2021, 08:44 AM   #225 (permalink)


DMGS
Puffskein
 
Sangeetha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Central Perk!
Posts: 1,086

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaira Parker
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Laila Parker
Games & Sports
Default
Smelly cat love|so many books so little time|Loonymione| Lives in Central Perk!|Rave Slither & Huff

'Ingrid!,' Kaira said, concerned. It's okay, they would get through this. Holding her hand for support, she looked at her reassuringly cos Kaira could not really think of words to say at this point. Oh the knockback jinx seems to work. The other jinxes, umm, not so much. Was she even remembering the incantations right? Didn't matter. Flipendo, it is!

'FLIPENDO!,' she screamed at the dummies. 'FLIPENDO.. FLIPENDO,' she cast, turning on her heels to face each of those dummies surrounding them.
__________________
Sangeetha is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:32 AM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212