SnitchSeeker.com

SnitchSeeker.com (https://www.snitchseeker.com/forum.php)
-   Term 57: January - April 2021 (https://www.snitchseeker.com/term-57-january-april-2021/)
-   -   The Courtyard (https://www.snitchseeker.com/term-57-january-april-2021/the-courtyard-115425/)

LilFox06 02-19-2021 09:02 PM

Blocking Fiona's Spell
 
Valencia glance over as Aboli placed a hand on her. She did her best to silently communicate to just do her best, now was not the time to fight back.

Plus, there were muggles to look after. There was plenty of things the muggles could get into. Man eating plants, biting doors, trick stairs. Loads of things. They shouldn't be left on their own.

"Protego!" she said throwing up a shield to protect the poor captured 'guests' from spells.

She spun toward the group and nearly hissed out "Stop. The point is to keep them safe." She knew all the younger students must have been scared, but there really was a right way to go about things. Has everyone lost their sense of decency?

Then someone suggested finding another professor. "You can if you want. I want to keep an eye on them." Even if anyone in their group didn't want to hurt them, there were plenty of things around that would -- like plants or vanishing steps or biting doorknobs...

aRogueOne 02-20-2021 12:44 AM

Honestly, she really had no clue how she was holding herself together. Her body was acting of its own accord with her mind only slightly tethered to it, enough for her to think about her family and the poor muggles that were around her. That was it. She was not strong enough to think about other things. Casting a small glance at Fiona and her inch perfect spell at the muggle, she scowled and turned back to her brother, all the more appreciative that he’d missed.

“I…I haven’t seen any of them Adam. Not Vi. Not Thess. Not…not Leighton”.

Her voice shook as she looked at him, hoping that he’d come out with some amazing answer to all their problems but she knew there was nothing that could be done. They had to stay here. She knew it.

“Stupify!” she yelled, her spell slightly closer to one of he muggles this time but still not hitting the mark.

Oops.

MUGGLES! 02-20-2021 01:17 AM

WHY WERE THEY THROWING MAGIC AT THEM????

The obviously frightened muggles scrambled and tripped over each other in an effort to get away. They didn’t know what the strange spells did and were not interested to find out.

...So close, almost there.

A flash of light (a spell being deflected by a shield—how did all that get there) caught their attention. They looked back at the kids, only long enough to realise it must have been their doing. They had their wands out and LOOK one was trying to cast at them again. Once again, it bounced off a shield they could hardly see.

“Don’t kill us!” One begged, falling and nearly being trampled by those who once again began running. Thankfully, someone helped them up and together they all got to the castle corridor and RAN LIKE MAD even more.

BbBbbBbyyYyyyYyyyEeeEeeEe!

MadAlice 02-20-2021 02:48 AM

Kinda steamed at Valencia...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LilFox06 (Post 12486409)

"Protego!" she said throwing up a shield to protect the poor captured 'guests' from spells.
She spun toward the group and nearly hissed out "Stop. The point is to keep them safe."

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUGGLES! (Post 12486428)
A flash of light (a spell being deflected by a shield—how did all that get there) caught their attention. They looked back at the kids, only long enough to realise it must have been their doing. They had their wands out and LOOK one was trying to cast at them again. Once again, it bounced off a shield they could hardly see.
“Don’t kill us!” One begged, falling and nearly being trampled by those who once again began running. Thankfully, someone helped them up and together they all got to the castle corridor and RAN LIKE MAD even more.

Violet had thought for sure that her Muggle-repelling spell cast from the other direction might turn the Muggles away from the castle, but either she hadn't done it right or it had deflected off something...what in Merlin's name was it? There was a shield blocking the Muggles from spells--the spells that were supposed to be keeping them from entering the castle.

She looked in dismay at the pack of frightened Muggles rushing into the entrance corridor and could not think of a spell that would stop all of them, even if she could reach them with it. Frustrated, she ran out and confronted Valencia. [b]"Well, that's kept them safe, all right--safe from anything anyone could do to try to stop them. And now they're running loose in the castle and who knows what will happen to them. Any bright ideas now?"

Ginevra 02-20-2021 05:09 AM

Fiona is very livid!
 
Fiona was livid at Valencia for blocking her spell and therefore letting the Muggles inside the castle corridor. It was time for a drastic move on the Snakette's part. She moved closer to the Muggles and screamed with venom in her voice, "FLIPENDO DUO!!" Once that was done she whipped around and headed for Valencia who was being confronted by her fellow Snakette, Violet.

"Violet is right. They're not safe whilst Rosier and those hooded figures are around. They're most likely going to be sacrificed anyway."

MadAlice 02-20-2021 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginevra (Post 12486449)
"Violet is right. They're not safe whilst Rosier and those hooded figures are around. They're most likely going to be sacrificed anyway."

"We need to find them a clear path away from the castle--they'll just keep running in panic if we keep firing spells at them from every direction. They need to think that the direction toward the castle is less desirable than the path away from it," Violet added. But which direction would be safe for them? She wasn't sure how to get them out of the castle to safety, when the students couldn't even rescue themselves right now. After the deadly incident she'd witnessed back at the class site, she wasn't very optimistic about the fate of these people.

MUGGLES! 02-21-2021 01:01 AM

The shield charm in place, the Slytherin's knockback jinx had little effect--not that it would've helped much considering it would've only knocked them further away from the group of children and further into the castle.

Nothing mattered.

While the students decided what the best plan was, the muggles scrambled to the end of the corridor and took a turn vanishing deeper into the castle. Uh...that...that might be a problem....

Lucien Rosier 02-21-2021 01:23 AM

While you work at your muggle wrangling, a piece of parchment comes floating by. It's size is not much to take note of, but soon enough it speaks and when it does it is the voice of your Headmaster.

Quote:

The lesson is over. Return to the gate to collect your things. Don't worry about the muggles, they are no longer your concern. My men will handle it from here.

LilFox06 02-21-2021 02:23 AM

How the muggles ended up getting into the castle, Valencia had no idea, everyone had cast repelling charms on the doors. But whatever. That was a problem for later. Right now she had half a mind to hex those younger students.

"You were trying to hex them!" she exclaimed eyeing the children. "The repelling charm is harmless but as soon as you start flinging other spells around without hesitation then you have to be stopped." And they had the audacity to say that she was the one causing harm? As if.

She turned on her heel to go grab her things. Then she'd make her way back to see what his so-called men were going to do.

Ginevra 02-21-2021 12:37 PM

Returning to class (aka DADA #2 thread) and slight rearranging
 
Fiona was ready to say something to Valencia when a piece of parchment cascaded and then she heard Headmaster Rosier's voice instructing them to collect their belongings. Obeying his orders, she headed for the gate.

ArianaBlack 02-21-2021 08:35 PM

Uhhh back to class
 
Kinsay watched absently as the muggles made their way towards the castle. Emm was right. It didn't matter. They were already here. The bad guys already had them. Something bad was going to happen to those muggles and they had no way of stopping it. Kiz swallowed thickly, the realization made her stomach twist uncomfortably.

Those muggles were probably going to die too. The same way the first one had. These muggles who had families and friends and lives outside of here. They were real. Real people were going to die. The realization was sudden and all consuming. So much so that Kizzy was hardly present when the note came their way. Knowing better than to stay put, she squeezed Emm's hand and followed behind the older girls (with very little energy). She didn't want to return to class. She wanted to RUN for it. But, um, there was very little choice. Especially seeing as she didn't want any more bad things to happen. It was all too much. Too much for one day. Too much for one lifetime.

Hopelessness was a terrible feeling.

aRogueOne 02-22-2021 12:16 AM

As Ingrid’s eyes moved around the courtyard in search of her family, a piece of parchment floated nearby. What did it mean, they were going to be taken care of? No. Looking up, her eyes lingered on the muggles as they wandered into the castle. Away from her and some of the other children who were actually trying to help them and most likely to their death.

Eyes watering, she ignored the rest of the students, some who were arguing, and wandered back into the classroom to get her things. Every step that she took seemed to be so heavy and yet, she knew she had no choice but to go back to where that poor muggle man had been murdered. The tears were now streaming down her face as she entered the castle again, even forgetting to drag her brother with her.

She felt dead inside.

Lucien Rosier 02-22-2021 01:22 PM

~ New Timeline ~ Come one come all
 
Lucien had stewed over the field trip for the last two days. His attitude toward the children had darkened further, his demeanor in general had grown darker and less tolerant after what he had heard. Not only had it not been the great success he was hoping for, the children had clearly still not learned enough of...anything.

What was left to do? Killing them all would be the easier route at this point. The alliance had spread throughout Europe. There were other wizarding schools, the future was no in jeopardy of losing just the Hogwarts brood. In fact, he didn't even have to kill them all, just the ones that had proven time and time again they refused to adapt and would be of no use in the new world order they would create.

They would not survive anyhow.

But no, he had better ideas for the moment. At 4:30 AM, bright and early, the Headmaster walked out to the courtyard, followed behind by the squad and his followers. They lined the corridors that bordered the courtyard and waited.

Suddenly, a LOUD alarm went off. One that would be shockingly loud and clear no matter where you happened to be sleeping.

Seconds later, his voice boomed through the entire castle, as loud as the alarm:

"Everyone with any will to live will report to the courtyard. I don't care to wait for you to get properly dressed, we have enough charms to handle the weather. This is not a request. I'm quite done making those. You have ten minutes." Gracious allowance for those in the towers.

Ginevra 02-22-2021 01:47 PM

Summoned (Fiona felt it was best to wear her uniform)
 
Fiona had just managed to get to sleep when she had heard the announcement by Headmaster Rosier. As quickly as possible, she had changed from her PJs into her school uniform which consisted of her shirt, trousers, robes, tie and socks and shoes before quickly making her way to the courtyard. She had practised the art of being prepared over the past few months but this announcement did throw her off a bit so she wasn't as immaculately dressed as she would normally be.

She had arrived less than five minutes after the announcement, quickly straightening her tie and smoothing down any creases and looked at Headmaster Rosier and his entourage. The Snakette stood still and uttered not a sound.

astrocat 02-22-2021 01:56 PM

Ash got dressed super quickly, making sure to put on her fireproof robes. They made her feel safe. Her posture was good, her expression was pleasant, and her general demeanor was respectful and stuff. She had no idea why she was down here at 4 AM, but she wasn't going to be the kid who died. No way. She stood respectfully and quietly, waiting for orders. don'tdie, don'tdie, don'tdie, Her heart beat like that.

DaniDiNardo 02-22-2021 02:24 PM

Was it possible to be both wide awake and dead asleep?

It had to be. Emmerson startled awake at the alarm, instantly clinging to her bestfriend while reaching for her wand. Her eyes, believe it or not, were still closed. They didn't open until she heard the booming voice of Headmaster Rosier and something about the will to live. Courtyard. What time was i--10 minutes?????

Forget thinking, forget understanding what was going on. Emmerson jumped from the bed in her PJs, blindly reaching around for the bestfriend. When she got hold of her, it was nothing but running with eyes half open. Her head was pounding from the sudden awakening and she was clumsy from the sleepiness.

Still, Emm stumbled them there. It was funny how....fully the sleep left her when she got a look around. Not only was Rosier there, he'd brought a lot of his goons. The atmosphere was heavy, leaving her no doubt something was up. Emmerson felt herself shrinking under so many unfriendly gazes. She kept a firm grip on Kizzy, already sure she wouldn't like wherever this went.

Uncle Moose 02-22-2021 02:56 PM

You thought Moose would be sleeping!? What little sleep the Second Year could get was clearly and constantly restless all term long. Even so the BOOMING voice of the Headmaster still tossed him right out of his bed.

It was a fast path from the Dungeons to the Courtyard, but still Moose wasn't going to show up at the last minute. Not even if he could help it. He tossed on his shoes while still in his Pajamas and threw his Slytherin Robe over them as a means to keep himself a bit warm in the Courtyard.

It took him 5 minutes tops to make it to the Courtyard. In his sleepy state yet awake enough to know his surroundings. He spotted Emm there with Kinsay but also so Ashley as well. He wanted to go stand beside Kinsay. Even turned to face their direction but corrected his course and walked toward Ash instead. After a while it just felt like a better idea to stand with the other Muggleborns. They were being forced to in all their classes so why not here as well. Shows that he can follow even unspoken commands.

Slowfie 02-22-2021 03:06 PM

Cal had woken with a start at the sudden voice booming around the dorm and had spent the better part of the first five minutes panicking as he tried to find his shoes, instead settling for his slippers with just one sock. If he knew anything, he knew today was not the day to be late. Cal very much so had a will to live, THANK YOU.

And so Cal ran, hoping he would find an older kid to hide behind once he got there. Or Cassidy's hand to hold. Or one of them fancy robes that made you disappear into thin air. He didn't know what was about to happen, but it couldn't be anything good.

ArianaBlack 02-22-2021 05:16 PM

It had been a rough week, for several reasons. News of happenings traveled fast and Finneas was just about reaching his breaking point. The only thing keeping him going was keeping outwardly focused on his students. That, and the adrenaline.

Coincidentally, the adrenaline is also what got him out of bed this morning (rather clumsily, mind you). In his haste, he managed to get dressed, putting on a pair of khakis, a button up, and a sweater vest (which he may have put on ... backwards). Then, after he had slipped on his pair of trusty loafers, he quickly made his way out the door and towards the courtyard as fast as his twitchy body would allow. Upon arrival, he noticed two of the muggleborn students (Ashley and Moose) sticking together on one side of the gathered crowd. And so, instinctively, Finneas bumbled his way over towards them to stand just behind.

Whatever this could be, it would not be good.


Quote:

Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo (Post 12486703)
Was it possible to be both wide awake and dead asleep?

It had to be. Emmerson startled awake at the alarm, instantly clinging to her bestfriend while reaching for her wand. Her eyes, believe it or not, were still closed. They didn't open until she heard the booming voice of Headmaster Rosier and something about the will to live. Courtyard. What time was i--10 minutes?????

Forget thinking, forget understanding what was going on. Emmerson jumped from the bed in her PJs, blindly reaching around for the bestfriend. When she got hold of her, it was nothing but running with eyes half open. Her head was pounding from the sudden awakening and she was clumsy from the sleepiness.

Still, Emm stumbled them there. It was funny how....fully the sleep left her when she got a look around. Not only was Rosier there, he'd brought a lot of his goons. The atmosphere was heavy, leaving her no doubt something was up. Emmerson felt herself shrinking under so many unfriendly gazes. She kept a firm grip on Kizzy, already sure she wouldn't like wherever this went.

Huh?

Kinsay was, by all means, a morning person. She was always one of the first to wake up in the dorm no matter how late she had gone to bed the night before. This, unfortunately, meant that she cherished every wink of sleep she could get. And because her internal clock wasn't meant to wake her up for another 1.5 hours, she woke up to the blaring alarms in a state of pure panic.

She didn't even have time to rub the sleep out of her eyes when Emm jumped out of bed, signaling that Kizzy needed to do the same. Luckily she managed to grab her wand, but didn't even have time to put on a pair of slippers before she was pulled out of the room. Still half asleep, she stumbled alongside the best friend as they made their way to the courtyard, where ... Headmaster Rosier ... and the Hoods ... and the others were waiting for them. Kiz felt a drop in her stomach and though she had been pretty sleepy before, she was wide awake now. And because she didn't want to look over at the Headmaster, she looked everywhere else instead: at Moose who she wished would stand near them, at Hufflepuff Cal who was wearing just one sock, at Ashley Fox whose gaze she would rather avoid, at one of the older students, and then at her own, bare feet.

Bazinga 02-22-2021 05:17 PM

Dread ran through her hearing that voice, but Cassie had been in her tower sipping tea when she heard it. Looking down she realized she was still in her night robes, but with his announcement Cassie just grabbed her boat and headed down the staircase.

As she headed down she ushered students down quickly and even spoke to a few that were not moving fast enough for her liking. They needed to realize by now that they had to keep in line or bad things would happen.

Moving onto the grounds she moved towards the side of the group so that she could see
as much as a five foot woman could see over a crowd. Where were her children? She didn't fully try to look, but just glanced around and kept her eyes out for students that need to be reminded how they were to behave.

Waddles 02-22-2021 05:40 PM

Mamie's heart was pounding by the time she got to the courtyard, so much so that she was starting to actually be alert, too. And she was realizing...wait, what time was it?? She wiped at her eye with her sleeve, trying to understand what was going on. It was cold, she had pulled on some shoes and socks but hadn't bothered to grab a sweater.

If she had been more alert or less worried about Rosier and his scary followers, she would have been worried about how silly she probably looked in her pajamas, with her hair tousled in all sorts of directions. Sleeptime was the only time she willingly wore her house colors, and last summer she had her babulya make her some black and yellow striped pajamas. She probably looked a bit like a bumblebee. And she'd grown so much since September that her pajama pants legs and the sleeves of her top were both too short.

She crossed her arms and hurried over to stand next to Moose. She wanted to ask him and Ashley and Professor Schmoe what was happening, but...best to be silent.

pundantic 02-22-2021 05:43 PM

It was hard to say whether the shrill alarm woke Kale or not. He existed in some weird, suspended state lately that could hardly be constituted as wakefulness. It was even harder to say whether or not he was aware of the goings-on around him. Yes, people frantically searched for clothes and panicked about the sudden and worrying command from the maniac known as Roiser. Heck. It was probably the sane and rational thing to do in uncertain times. Still. Kale did not feel any of that urgency.

Instead, autopilot guided his motions. He put on a thicker jumper to cover his sleeping clothes. Then opted for sturdy shoes before he trudged down to the grounds. The where exactly he didn't know. Luckily, the growing crowd of students lead the way to the Courtyard, so he didn't have to think.

His pink hair was a delightful shot in the darkness, but his face was pale. Drawn. Weary. He stood in the crowd waiting for whatever was going to happen next. He'd accepted every version days ago.

Bryn 02-22-2021 05:49 PM

Eden went on a run every morning. Today was no exception in that regard - although normally she ran across the grounds, not out of her common room and down a million stairs to the courtyard.

The Neo-Alliance Army, the morning chill, Rosier's positively thunderous expression - Eden found it all surreal. She couldn't manage a single emotion other than tiredness and the ever-present fear caution she always carried around these days. She noticed Mamie, Ashley and Moose already stood apart from their magical blooded peers. Eden went and stood next to Mamie and Moose; she kept a bit of distance between herself and Ashley, however, since she didn't want Rosier to think she was trying to stand next to the other "troublemaker".

The first year had been wearing an oversized black t-shirt and a pair of pink sweatpants when she was woken up by the chilling sound of Rosier's voice booming through the castle. Afraid of being late, she hadn't changed, just hurried into trainers and gotten on with it. Now she stuffed her hands under her armpits for warmth, wishing she'd brought gloves or a jacket. This wasn't really the outfit she imagined meeting her maker in. At least she wasn't Kinsay James (thank the deities every day for that, amirite?) who'd come barefoot!

TakemetotheBurrow 02-22-2021 06:19 PM

Feel free to say Professor P hustled your brain baby along
 
If Neva had been caught off guard by the alarm, it didn’t show. The Charms Professor arrived quickly and quietly, her coat buttoned up to the cold. She noted the children already in attendance, relieved to see some of the ones she knew Rosier had a particular dislike for had already arrived. Tardiness was not going to be accepted, she was sure, and she just hoped the others would hurry along. She’d already shooed as many sleepy children through the corridors as she could on her way here, reminding them to stay silent and do as they were told. That was the best way for them right now and the clock was ticking..

Standing at the edge of the crowd, she continued to usher the children towards the group. She was just hoping none of them pushed their luck today. She was hoping they were too tired to. Fingers crossed.


———


She’d fallen off her bed, Cece had. Her dreams had been vivid and scary, which only added to the fear she felt when she found herself on the floor in a tangle of blankets, alarm blaring. Rosier’s voice was worse, though. That voice sent a shiver up her spine and she was on her feet in a flash, pulling a heavy jumper on over her pajamas, a knit hat over her tangle of blonde hair. She’d just had time to pull on her boots before she rushed out the door. Sleepy who? Any sleepiness she’d felt was long gone now.

Her heart was racing in her chest as she neared the courtyard, her stomach FILLED with dread. This was really bad. She could feel it. And she felt scared. It made it worse that she couldn’t find Sammy in the crowd and she just hoped that he’d get here fast. Surely Coop or Catherine would help him along. She trusted them to.

Through the crowd she spotted Kale and a whole new wave of fear washed over her, especially after they’d talked. She knew what he thought was going to happen to him and she knew how he was struggling and she was going to stick by him right now, hand reaching down to squeeze his, eyes filled with fear. He’d made her a promise, did he remember? To try and control his own actions. To try so he’d be okay. She was holding him to that right now.

Felixir 02-22-2021 06:20 PM

Since the aftermath of that ridiculous field trip, Nemesis Upstead had not said a word. It was perfectly clear, however, that they had not shut down like some of these idiots were wont to do. Even after the initial post-revival fury had faded away (five minutes, maybe ten, they'd not been counting), Nem had retained the unnervingly quiet, highly alert demeanour which had initially accompanied that wrath. So no, the furthest thing from shutting down; if anything, they were somehow even more vigilant than they'd been in recent months.

Despite the early hour, Nem had been awake when the alarm sounded, sitting in the Slytherin common room fully dressed and staring into the fireplace at the dying embers, just thinking. The alarm hadn't spooked them, loud and sudden though it was, but it had their attention all the same. Before the Big Man had even finished the word 'courtyard', Nem had been up and on their way, out of the common room before the time limit was set.

It didn't take long before they reached the meeting point, wand in hand. They passed between the two groups - the Neo-Alliance and the Hogwarts faithful - speaking at last, tone inscrutable, face impassive, to greet the Big Man on their way to a spot amongst the latter group, "Headmaster Rosier, sir."

Finding a place on the very edge of the gathered Hogwarts students and staff, Nem stood in place and set eyes on the Big Man, but a moment later looked instead towards the members of Rent-a-Snitch. For the time being, they kept their unfaltering gaze riveted there.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214