sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 300 users online including...
iBeJenn , lorenepp2 , Lwoerjexige

5 members
295 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 57: January - April 2021


Term 57: January - April 2021 Term Fifty-Seven: The Third Wizarding War (Sept 2103 - June 2104)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-05-2021, 12:52 AM
BanaBatGirl BanaBatGirl is offline
 
Default CoMC Lesson 1: The Cockatrice

Care of Magical Creatures Lesson 1: The Cockatrice


As you make your way down to the usual area where your Creatures class is held, you'll start to notice a large row of hedges running around the usual classroom space. In fact, the hedges are so high that you can't see where the classroom area used to be fenced in. Where does it start? Where does it end? Heck, you can't even see the edge of the Forbidden Forest behind these hedgerows, which have to be at least eight, nine, maybe ten feet tall.

You can see Professor (and Groundskeeper) Williamson, however, who is standing in front of the entrance to the hedge maze. Yes, it's a maze, and yes, there's a creature inside. "Come on, don't dwadle now," he says and beckons you to join him beside the entrance to the maze. There are a few wooden shipping crates beside him and every so often, the hedges give a bushy little shake like something inside the maze is eager to get out.

But don't worry. You trust Williamson to make sure nothing happens to you, right?


Class Progression:
  • Q1. What do you already know about hybrid creatures? What makes a magical creature 'hybrid'? How/why could these creatures be considered more dangerous than a regular creature?
  • Q2. Today you'll be facing a creature that does have a history with the Triwizard Tournament. What can you tell me about the cockatrice, and how do you survive one?
  • Mini-Activity. Suit up to go into the maze. There's padding and helmets, sunglasses, broken mirrors, and weasels on leashes for you to use. Good luck.
  • Main Activity. Into the maze! Don't RP for the jarveys or cockatrice(s). Just try to get to the end of the maze!

Just so you know, it's not too late to jump in! This lesson will close at/around 11:59 PM EST on 13 January 2021!

Old 01-13-2021, 12:39 AM   #201 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DoM
Banshee
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gotham
Posts: 51,042

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Gryffindor
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Edric Mason Cambridge
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Mamie was quite pleased with the results of her knockback jinx on the cockatrice. She allowed herself a brief moment to be proud of herself, then turned to see Quinn's weasel chase after the cockatrice. She was glad he'd actually come back. And he brought friends!

"Let's keep going!" she urged Ashley and the two first years. The path was clear now, so they could keep going or maybe go around another turn. She felt like they were close to the end. She rebalanced her mirror, weasel leash, and wand in case the cockatrice came back or they found another one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiallNIP View Post
The weasel, slightly disappointed that the cockatrice was flipendo'd before he could get to it, trotted back over to Quinn in a huff. "Hey, where was that energy earlier?" Quinn asked, picking the weasel back up and setting it on his shoulder. The weasel harrumphed, or as close to a harrumph as a weasel could get, and it turned its head away from Quinn. He rolled his eyes at the theatrics.

Quinn caught back up with Mamie and the others as they continued on their way. "So... do the weasels really know their way our of here? Or are they just leading us away from the cockatrices?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
"I agree with Mamie. Maybe the cockatrices are guarding the way to the end." And Ash wanted to get out fast. "I think the weasels are leading us towards the cockatrices. But maybe that's the right way? I'm not sure." Getting into the head of your opponent was a confusing process. "Let's just keep going until we hit the end or a blocked way. Then we can mark it off so that we don't go in the wrong direction twice." STrAteGy.

They were, indeed, close to the end, minus that---

Oh. A blocked corridor. Someone jinxed it. Best turn around and head in the other direction. They were, still, very close to escaping unscathed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
There was a small span in time between when she had left Kale outside the maze and when she heard him calling to her, that she had thought he wouldn't do so. With him being several years ahead of herself, she had expected him to go off with his friends. Not to mention she had sounded like a babbling fool when she had spoken to him.

She grinned more to herself than anything, coming to a stop to wait for him. This didn't quite please Rusty the Weasel who squeaked at her in annoyance. "Yes, yes, we'll get going in a second, promise," Lia hummed to him, glancing over her shoulder at Kale. "I didn't think you'd join us but.. hi there." She smiled up at him brightly, momentarily distracted by his hair and pretty face.

Good thing for Rusty who once again gave a tug at his harness, yanking her to the left much harder than expected for such a small creature. "Ow! Okay, easy... Rusty wants to go this way... so were going that way." No more explanation needed than that, sorry.

With Rusty leading them along, Lia passed her shard of broken mirror to Kale. "Do you think you can fit those together or something? Make them larger maybe?" Or he could just be in charge of using the mirrors to check around corners since she had to hold onto Rusty.

They must have been going the right way. Not only did Lia not see anything at all in their path but nothing could be heard either. This kept her moving at a steady pace, fully trusting her little companion.

Until... what was that? Dahlia glanced around, stopping in tracks without warning. "Do you hear that?" It was a quiet scratching followed by... was that... clucking?! It had to be close by... but where? "Should we go back? Keep going? Turn up ahead?" Kale help!
The clucking increased in volume, until its source became apparent: the head of a cockatrice thrust through the shrubbery until it was directly in Dahlia's path, letting out a loud, "CACAWWWWW!" that sounded like exactly the sound a half-rooster, half-dragon would make. It was the largest of the three cockatrices and its head was at eye-level for the first year.

A few tendrils of smoke even trailed out the cockatrice's beak as it snapped at the weasel on the harness. Its head bobbed and ducked as it tried to get to the thing, but alas, it had stuck itself in this maze.

Literally.
__________________

my life's a piece of art, I'll be a paintbrush __//__ don't listen to the critics 'cause they hate us_________________
_________________
to be honest, I don't know what I'm afraid of __//__ someday, I'll be happy when I wake up_________________

BanaBatGirl is offline  
Old 01-13-2021, 12:57 AM   #202 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod


DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Watson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rhody!
Posts: 7,259

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simon E. Holden
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lisa Nam
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default So sorry - just getting to this now- today was busy busy!
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Was she going to get a seventh year lost in a maze, probably, would she did it on purpose, of course not. Gemma wasn't sure which way to go and felt she lost the Jarvey that was moving as she saw one just playing with the first year. Her weasel seemed to be interested in going left though so she thought maybe they could.

"Shall we try this way?" Though she was starting to wonder if they had a choice since her little creature on a leash headed that way determined to catch up to anything in front of it.

So left she went and hoped the seventh year was okay with it.
Noah watched as the maze almost seemed to beckon them into the maze but at a quicker pace. She looked at the younger year. "Yeah, why not? I think that's where these guys want to go anyway," he said as he watched his little weasel wave his paws in front of him in excitement. The guy almost reminded him of his family dog when he would try to beg for food.

OH! He had forgotten introductions. He flushed momentarily as he walked with his partner.

"I'm Noah by the way... And you are? Did you name your weasel?" Noah looked at his weasel companion in front of him who seemed rather impatient with him at this point in time or perhaps the weasel didn't seem to warm to him as he hadn't given him a nickname.

Walking further down the maze, they came to a t-intersection. Turning to Gemma, he raised an eyebrow. "Left or right?"
__________________
AT THE HOGWARTS YULE BALL, YOU'LL BE TURNING UP WITH....___________________

This is an event, and events are serious business. You're going to the Ball to impress
and amaze with decorum, elegance, and grace.
Watson is offline  
Old 01-13-2021, 01:00 AM   #203 (permalink)
Other Characters
Horklump
 
Inquisitorial Squad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVEYS! View Post
Mollywobbles, meanwhile, had encountered the source of the shadows, which was... not a cockatrice.

It was more hooded figures, four or five or six of them that seemed to be standing in a circle and conversing. She didn't know what to do when they were in the way of the quickest path to the exit, so she quite simply ran through them, dodging from foot to foot before any could kick or hex her.

At least, she thought she was quick enough...
Quick enough, she was not; for the hooded figures were quicker.

"Avada Kedavra!"

The single green bolt hit the jarvey despite her agile scamper and the hooded figures once again disappeared into the depths of the maze.
__________________
Inquisitorial Squad is offline  
Old 01-13-2021, 01:45 AM   #204 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO

Centaur
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 42,909

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Default
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Phoebe tried not to cling to Cece as they walked, but she'd been scared and hurt and she was trying to be brave for the littles. So she could be a little weak with her closest friend. "I'm okay," she whispered as she hefted the ferret who was now somehow her responsibility back up into her arms. They had a jarvey now, right?

Sleepiest jarvey ever, though. "Go on and give his belly a rub and see if it motivates him to help us out. We're never going to..."

She was distracted by words that she never thought she'd hear, followed by a green flash of light, from somewhere close in the maze. "Cece... did you... did anyone...?" Merlin, what was HAPPENING in this class? Did someone else just get murdered?
__________________
★ Dawn ★

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Cassirin is offline  
Old 01-13-2021, 02:05 AM   #205 (permalink)


DERP & DMLE

Grindylow
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 14,431

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nerina Moretti
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina
Environmental Protection

x12 x7
Default
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

OHGOSHLOOOOOK!

Sleepiest little guy was cute and so squishable and almost enough to make her forget the harsh reality waiting for them outside these maze walls. ”Belly scratching duty, it-“ No.

Cece’s hand hovered just over the jarvey’s belly as she looked to Phoebe, scared because she’d heard it too. Slowly, quietly, she stood and looked around them for another path. ”Should we send up red sparks? Williamson would come.”
__________________
TakemetotheBurrow is offline  
Old 01-13-2021, 02:06 AM   #206 (permalink)


MO & DMLE
Crup
 
DaniDiNardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Over here! (GMT -5)
Posts: 17,252

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default Team Lion Ladies
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

"He's SO cute!" Emm was on her knees by Cece in seconds, wanting to give the jarvey all the love in the world. "Kizzy, isn't he the softest looking jarvey we've ever seeeennn?" Chaotic class in which she nearly lost one of the people she cared loads for? What was that? LOOK AT HIS FAAACE!!!

"Can we keep him? You think the Professor would let us?" She asked the pair of older girls. By virtue of being older, they had all the answers, obviously. Emm gestured Kizzy to come have a feel. If only they could sit here with him until class was over, then Cece would be right and none of them would di--

O____O

Fifi asking Cece those unfinished questions and Cece asking about sparks was confirmation enough Emm DID hear those horrid words somewhere TOO CLOSE to them in this very maze. That green light wasn't just her seeing things. Forget the jarvey, she was freaking out again.

And screaming. Boy was she screaming as she flung herself desperately at Cecelia. If Emmerson could crawl into her friend's robes and hide in there, she would. Instead, she settled for trying to go right through her skin. "They're dead, they're dead! We're next! Professor!! We're dead! We're dead!" What was breathing?? What was living???

"Sparks! Sparks, fast someone!! Kizzy, we're dead!! Phoebe help!" And no, she was not letting go of Cece. SHE was the only one of the other three who hadn't done anything to die today.
__________________
Imma say all the words inside my head____________________________________

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline  
Old 01-13-2021, 02:35 AM   #207 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #9b111
Posts: 13,156

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Botros
Hufflepuff
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default phoebe, cece, emm
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

"Softest and cutest little one," Kizzy agreed with Emm and joined Cece in giving the little creature all the belly scra--

O______________O


Hearing the unforgivable sent a shiver up the second year's back. But instead of screaming (like her loud counterpart) Kinsay shut off entirely and immediately only after running back to Phoebe. C L I N G I N G. And burying her head in the older girl's robes.

It also didn't help that Emm was screaming that they were all going to die. It was one thing to think it another to say it, but to hear it? To feel it come from nearby? It was tangible now. And as much as Kinsay James wanted to be a brave Gryffindor, she had never felt more terrified in her life. And Emmerson's declarations only made things worse... up to the point that Kizzy's whole body started trembling. The tears that she had managed to hold back all lesson were once again welling up in her eyes. Oop. Wait, no. Kinsay James was crying. "Fifi, I want mum."

Someone send sparks. Please someone send sparks. Please.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 01-13-2021, 02:58 AM   #208 (permalink)



DMC & DMT
Ramora
 
Charely Potter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blue (EST)
Posts: 5,101

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Darius Flynn Potter II
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Freddie Mathias McLeod
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Kingston Creighton Dolph
Transportation
x8 x7
Default Bella/Violet/Moose
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

SPOILER!!: the party of four
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
SPOILER!!: Curtis, Violet




The more the merrier, that was what her mum would have said if she had been there when Bella and Curtis were joined by Violet and Moose too. Setting Pearl the weasel down on the ground Bella affirmed. "I'm ready!" to Curtis. Then they began walking into the maze with their weasels guiders scurrying ahead of them. Holding one hand near her wand and the other around the shard of glass in her pocket Bella let her eyes dart left and right as they walked on.

Anything to get away from the creepy hooded cloaked men was very welcomed. When they joined Violet by the fork in the road Bella said to the others after listening, smelling and observing her weasel companion for a few minutes. "I vote that we go left. My weasel seems to want to go that way and it smells better down that way too." She had the feeling that no matter what way they chose now, they'd probably get to meet at least one cockatrice before they got the other side of the maze.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Thank Merlin, she had found her group at last! And the one girl, Bella, wanted to go left. Violet had been looking down the right fork, but she supposed it didn't matter much--the whole maze was probably full of dangerous creatures by now (not the least of them the hooded guys). Violet looked down at Jeremy the Weasel to see what he thought. The weasel looked back down the right fork and then to the left, and then looked back at her, and she swore that if a weasel could shrug, Jeremy did so. "Okay, Jeremy, I guess it doesn't make much difference either." She turned to the others and said, "My weasel doesn't seem to have a strong opinion either way, nor do I, so going left is fine with me."


Curtis walked with Bella up to Violet who had waited for them patiently. Very nice. Mini Toby was scurring ahead of them, he didn't look back to see if Moose caught up but he assumed he was with them on the lookout. "Left it is," Curtis said. The jarvey also happened to go in that direction. He didn't know what lie ahead of them so he pressed on with his long legs trying to catch up. "You all have your mirrors at the ready?" He had just remembered about them, to be honest. He had done a sticking charm to one of his armor so they could get a full blast first, but did they also do the same?

Curtis stopped running as soon as Mini-Toby stopped, allowing the footsteps behind him to catch up. "I wonder how deep this maze-" Stop right here. His ears picked up some unforgivable words and out of the corner of his eye a green flash in the air. But he didn't hear anyone scream. Did those... You've got to be kidding.." Not like he didn't out rule this happening but here? Now?!

He drew his wand out about to send red sparks when a thought hit him, making him lower his arm... "Listen... don't send any sparks up yet until we see who... got hit. We might end up attracting them onto us next before the Professor finds us." He said in a slightly lower tone for them to hear. It was hella risky, but which was riskier? They didn't see who or what got killed and doing this may cause them to be next on the list. "Let's keep going, but don't make a peep." He did not want to be the reason for getting them in more danger than they already were.

So with that Curtis walked forward cautiously letting the rest of the group behind him, wand out for a quick reflex spell. Was he finally stepping into the role of brave and fearless leader of the Slytherins as seventh years were expected to be? Nah, he was just getting fed up with this business and wanted to get out of here without looking like the bad guy who sent kids up front to risk death.
__________________


Charely Potter is offline  
Old 01-13-2021, 04:04 AM   #209 (permalink)



DMC & DMGS
Selkie
 
Anna Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 36,148

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Delilah Prescott
Gryffindor
First Year

x1
Default
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Delilah smiled in return. It was nice to meet somebody here that she could actually smile at. So far, she'd only been met with fear and terror. "Nice to meet you, too, Avalon," she said. That was enough small talk for now. They had a maze to navigate and a cockatrice to meet. The first year had to admit that she was more than a little nervous. Maybe even excited about the opportunity to navigate a maze and try to work her way through it, but definitely nervous, too. The hooded figures didn't make things any easier either.

Had she known she was going to randomly find a partner, she'd have suggested they share a weasel. As it was, though, she and Avalon each had their own. Delilah followed the lead of the little weasel on a leash. Use her mirror around the corners... "Got it," she said to her partner. That part was a little unnerving. What if she wasn't fast enough with the mirror? Or Merlin forbid, too late?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
There was nothing jumping out at them yet, just a faint burrowing noise from ahead; the sound coming from perhaps a JARVEY! in the way?

There was certainly something ferret-like digging a little hole under one of the hedges. Just its hindquarters were visible to the girls as they checked around the corner.
She carried on, listening to the sounds of the nearby jarveys. Her heart was pounding in anticipation. She cast a sideways glance at Avalon, waiting to take the older girl's lead. When she saw Avalon using her mirror, Delilah did the same. "Hey, little jarvey," she softly called. It's what Avalon was doing, so she assumed the older Ravenclaw knew her stuff. She paused. Avalon was asking her what to do? "Uhh...maybe we should go...this way," she said, pointing to the right.

She decided to lead the way, although she kept the mirror fragment as closely as she could possibly could. In the distance, she could hear the sounds of her classmates, and something like a hint of fright sounded in their voices. She glanced back at Avalon. "Something's wrong," she declared. Really wrong. Not just 'we've been invaded by an army of hooded figures' wrong. Something else.
__________________
Twitter :: @DelilahJadeP__________________________________

______________________A whole lot of lion and a little bit of snake.
Anna Banana is offline  
Old 01-13-2021, 08:53 AM   #210 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Veela
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 37,436

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cooper Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

SPOILER!!: SWEET SOLSTICE WHAT IN ORION'S NAME ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO MY POOR INNONCENT AND IMPRESSIONABLE CHILD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
SPOILER!!: Jarvey and Hooded Ones and ATLAS OH MY!






Aboli paid almost no attention to the hooded figures. She was doing her thing, doing her best to make sure she was aware of her surroundings completely. And they didn't seem to pose a threat to her just yet, so they were being ignored.

Aboli WAS trying to follow Mollywobbles though! Was Atlas following behind?! Or near her?! She turned her head to make sure. "I'm very glad you can. Some people have difficulty with it," she said almost in a distracted manner as she drew closer and closer to the the jarvey, doing her best to use her mirror to see her path ahead before trekking forward. It was awkward, having to move like this, but what could she do?

Huh. So his dad was pretty cool, then. Aboli, lips thin in concentration, merely nodded. "Cool. Okay. We're about to be reaaaay close behind this jarvey, and there's like.." she squinted into her mirror again, over her shoulder to where Mollywobbles was. "There's a shadow. So. That might be our cockatrice....so let's be careful," she whispered. Her wand was in her free hand as she took a step at a time in the FORWARD direction, shielding her eyes and holding the mirror in a way that she could walk FORWARD while still relying on its reflection and whatnot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVEYS! View Post
Text Cut: Atlas & co.





"I AM MISS SONG!" Ferret Bueller sang out, totally unbothered as he scampered between the Gryffindor's feet, half-intent on tripping him and half-trying to get him to play with HIMB instead of the weasel. "I AM MISS SONG! MISS SONG! MISS SONG! MISSONG! MISSONG! MISSONG! MISSONG!" How many times did a word have to be repeated before it lost all meaning?


Mollywobbles, meanwhile, had encountered the source of the shadows, which was... not a cockatrice.

It was more hooded figures, four or five or six of them that seemed to be standing in a circle and conversing. She didn't know what to do when they were in the way of the quickest path to the exit, so she quite simply ran through them, dodging from foot to foot before any could kick or hex her.

At least, she thought she was quick enough...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitorial Squad View Post
Quick enough, she was not; for the hooded figures were quicker.

"Avada Kedavra!"

The single green bolt hit the jarvey despite her agile scamper and the hooded figures once again disappeared into the depths of the maze.

So...it wasn't that he MEANT to ignore Miss Song, but it was a little hard to pay attention when the other jarvey (who was now calling itself Miss Song) was being just so darn adorable and distracting. Maybe he should ask for a jarvey for a pet in the future? Or a ferret. The one in his arms seemed to feel pretty comfortable with him and especially his armpit. So there was a bit of 'mmhmm-ing' and such in response to the older Slytherin while he hopped between his left and right feet as the jarvey wove itself through his legs. He was pretty sure he had seen this sort of thing at a dog show once...a dog show and seen Auntie Jade attempting to teach one of her dogs to do this too.

Atlas could multitask, see? He could walk and chew gum at the same time AND hold a ferret and play with a jarvey.

Though the play time paused at the mention of a shadow and, his own mirror peeking around the hedge as he kept close to Miss Song when...when it happened.

Atlas nearly dropped the ferret while he sacrificed the mirror shard as his hand flew to his mouth to muffle the gasp that came out of his mouth at the sight of a wand being drawn on the other jarvey. He wished he hadn't been peering around the hedge at that time, but he had been...so he saw it all. The green flash of light. The light striking the jarvey. The jarvey lying there...dead....and Atlas felt as though a star had just collapsed inside his chest.

In his brief time here at Hogwarts...Atlas had now witnessed two out of three Unforgiveables in action.

It was a good thing that The Hoods™ had disappeared into the depths of the maze, because Atlas wasn't thinking as he bolted around the corner hedge and over to the deceased jarvey with a loud "NO!" Vision blurry from hot tears, the Gryffindor wasn't sure why he wasn't...well...why he wasn't relieving himself in the moment but he wasn't. Instead he was adjusting his hold on the ferret he already had, gently moving it to drape around his neck like a scarf, and then he was scooping up the Avada Kedavra'd creature as though she may turn to ash if he were too strong. Kneeling, he laid the jarvey across his thighs and then looked up at Aboli...absolutely sobbing.

"THEY KILLED HER!"

Composure? Didn't know her. He was distraught and, as it turned out, still with an empty bladder.

"SHE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG...AND THEY KILLED HER!"
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 01-13-2021, 02:26 PM   #211 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DIMC
Granian
 
kayquilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bikini Bottom
Posts: 21,084

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Victoria Gellar
Slytherin
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Randall Stavros
Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
x4 x1
Default
A Poop * k8 *

SPOILER!!: NoooOooo Atlas ;__;
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
SPOILER!!: SWEET SOLSTICE WHAT IN ORION'S NAME ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO MY POOR INNONCENT AND IMPRESSIONABLE CHILD!





So...it wasn't that he MEANT to ignore Miss Song, but it was a little hard to pay attention when the other jarvey (who was now calling itself Miss Song) was being just so darn adorable and distracting. Maybe he should ask for a jarvey for a pet in the future? Or a ferret. The one in his arms seemed to feel pretty comfortable with him and especially his armpit. So there was a bit of 'mmhmm-ing' and such in response to the older Slytherin while he hopped between his left and right feet as the jarvey wove itself through his legs. He was pretty sure he had seen this sort of thing at a dog show once...a dog show and seen Auntie Jade attempting to teach one of her dogs to do this too.

Atlas could multitask, see? He could walk and chew gum at the same time AND hold a ferret and play with a jarvey.

Though the play time paused at the mention of a shadow and, his own mirror peeking around the hedge as he kept close to Miss Song when...when it happened.

Atlas nearly dropped the ferret while he sacrificed the mirror shard as his hand flew to his mouth to muffle the gasp that came out of his mouth at the sight of a wand being drawn on the other jarvey. He wished he hadn't been peering around the hedge at that time, but he had been...so he saw it all. The green flash of light. The light striking the jarvey. The jarvey lying there...dead....and Atlas felt as though a star had just collapsed inside his chest.

In his brief time here at Hogwarts...Atlas had now witnessed two out of three Unforgiveables in action.

It was a good thing that The Hoods™ had disappeared into the depths of the maze, because Atlas wasn't thinking as he bolted around the corner hedge and over to the deceased jarvey with a loud "NO!" Vision blurry from hot tears, the Gryffindor wasn't sure why he wasn't...well...why he wasn't relieving himself in the moment but he wasn't. Instead he was adjusting his hold on the ferret he already had, gently moving it to drape around his neck like a scarf, and then he was scooping up the Avada Kedavra'd creature as though she may turn to ash if he were too strong. Kneeling, he laid the jarvey across his thighs and then looked up at Aboli...absolutely sobbing.

"THEY KILLED HER!"

Composure? Didn't know her. He was distraught and, as it turned out, still with an empty bladder.

"SHE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG...AND THEY KILLED HER!"


Aboli was trying to catch up to the jarvey as well, using her mirror to her advantage. The fact that it was calling itself MISS SONG was kind of funny, too. She realized what the shadow was almost a second before they did what they did -

Her heart stopped.

The symbolism did not go over her head. She heard it loud and clear. Her first thought as the creature's lifeless corpse fell to the ground was to grab Atlas less he do anything stupid - Gryffindor levels of stupid - but to her surprise he merely cried out in a pain that made Aboli shiver. She watched the hooded figures for a second, her face impassive as she slowly crouched next to Atlas and the now deceased Mollywobbles. The green light replayed over and over in her head.

What to say? The kid was, like, eleven? Twelve? Aboli was hardly an adult. Like. A few months in to being one, and she was not nearly as wise as she had once thought, but she dropped her mirror shard to place a hand on his back, comfortingly. "She got in their way." She said softly. "We would be wise to remember not to do the same." Her tone was....cold. Not toward Atlas, of course, but it was there. "It was a warning."

Aboli send sparks into the air, not because she didn't think they needed help. They weren't in danger. But Atlas was so distraught, there was no way he was going to be able to finish the maze. The way he was holding onto the dead jarvey...Aboli's heart wrenched for him. She felt she could not comfort him to the best of her ability here, with the hooded figures so near. "It's horrible, Atlas, I know," she said as she pet the jarvey's head, gently, comfortingly, as if she were lulling it off to a peaceful death....

"We cannot freak out in here," she whispered in his ear. She didn't need him to start ranting and raving at the hooded guys and get himself killed....
__________________
AT THE HOGWARTS YULE BALL, YOU'LL BE TURNING UP WITH....___________________

You're a social butterfly, making sure to show attention to all your best friends. Naturally
you'll go to the ball with company who are just as content to mingle the crowd!
kayquilz is offline  
Old 01-13-2021, 05:35 PM   #212 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Veela
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 37,436

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cooper Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

He wasn't even sure who he was yelling at...but he was yelling. And sobbing. It all just too much and while he was very distraught over the jarvey, these tears were much more about the fact that he had just witnessed the Killing Curse. How easily that wand could have been pointed elsewhere. How easily it could have been him. And then there was anger. Anger at those people for coming into this hedge maze KNOWING that there were creatures running around within. Creatures who were supposed to help TEACH them about magical things and then they had KILLED her for what? For literally nothing.

So much for actually caring about their education.

And speaking of not caring...

Atlas' head snapped around and his eyes widened as she spoke so coldly, his mouth agape and honestly a little scared of HER now...it was like she was on their side and the kindness faked with the hand on his back made him feel a little sick. So when she reached out to pet the jarvey in his lap, the first year SLAPPED her hand away. "Don't touch her!" he whimpered loudly while pulling the jarvey's body a bit more to him as the ferret around his shoulder's tensed. "You don't get to touch her." And he didn't want her anywhere near him either, so he was recoiling a bit when she leaned in like that to whisper into his ear. "...and d-d-don't touch me..." he stammered while wiping his nose with the sleeve of his robes. "...I'll just...wait here with her...until Professor Williamson comes..."

Since she had sent off the red sparks and all.
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 01-13-2021, 05:50 PM   #213 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,487

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Fifth Year
Default
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Ash turned around and marked the corridor. Blocked end. "Guess we have to go the other way." She started to walk in the other direction.

And then, she ducked on instinct. Someone had just shot a killing curse somewhere. Her heart was beating very hard now. "You guys heard that, right?" She paused, refusing to let any fear in. She would NOT think about what was going on until she had more info. She couldn't bear it. That could be a friend, an animal, an alliance member, or a miss, and she was not going to even CONTEMPLATE which one it was. "All in favor of going in the direction of the sparks they just shot up raise your hand. All in favor of going in the exact opposite direction, keep your hand down." Ash did not raise her hand. "I don't really want to, but if you guys want to, I'd follow." Mostly out of concern for their safety.

Last edited by astrocat; 01-13-2021 at 06:28 PM.
astrocat is offline  
Old 01-13-2021, 05:53 PM   #214 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,793

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Jane Donovan (#EC9688)
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Keighley Morgan Anders (#a36ac9)
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Iliana Floros (#DB7093)
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Renner Eraos Tobias Thanatos
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colwyn Aeron Johanson
Eeyclops Owl Emporium
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
The clucking increased in volume, until its source became apparent: the head of a cockatrice thrust through the shrubbery until it was directly in Dahlia's path, letting out a loud, "CACAWWWWW!" that sounded like exactly the sound a half-rooster, half-dragon would make. It was the largest of the three cockatrices and its head was at eye-level for the first year.

A few tendrils of smoke even trailed out the cockatrice's beak as it snapped at the weasel on the harness. Its head bobbed and ducked as it tried to get to the thing, but alas, it had stuck itself in this maze.

Literally.
Many things happened all at once and none of it was good.

Screams from somewhere else in the maze reached her ears and even though she only could make out a couple of words... 'Killed, Her, We're all dead'. It was waaaaay more than enough to strike fear into this eleven year old's heart. Who was dead?! What was happening?!

Nervous blue eyes once more shot in the direction of where Kale had been standing. Wha-

There was the clucking once again. This time much louder and much more closer than it had been. Her heart was already racing from all the shouting and this wasn't helping. Rusty was yanking at his harness trying to pull her away from the noise causing her to stumble.

And there it was. Right in her face. All she could remember before she hit the ground, HARD, was Rusty's loud squeaks and him running around her, tangling her up in the lead he was attached to. The other was the Cockatrice's face that was much to close to her face.

Nothing else registered in her head as she laid there on the ground.
__________________
Kolyander is offline  
Old 01-13-2021, 06:20 PM   #215 (permalink)


DMT & DMLE
Firecrab
 
Fireheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Naboo
Posts: 776

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Avalon Sinclair
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Japser Cohen
Magical Creatures
Default crashing atlas & aboli's partyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Delilah smiled in return. It was nice to meet somebody here that she could actually smile at. So far, she'd only been met with fear and terror. "Nice to meet you, too, Avalon," she said. That was enough small talk for now. They had a maze to navigate and a cockatrice to meet. The first year had to admit that she was more than a little nervous. Maybe even excited about the opportunity to navigate a maze and try to work her way through it, but definitely nervous, too. The hooded figures didn't make things any easier either.

Had she known she was going to randomly find a partner, she'd have suggested they share a weasel. As it was, though, she and Avalon each had their own. Delilah followed the lead of the little weasel on a leash. Use her mirror around the corners... "Got it," she said to her partner. That part was a little unnerving. What if she wasn't fast enough with the mirror? Or Merlin forbid, too late?

She carried on, listening to the sounds of the nearby jarveys. Her heart was pounding in anticipation. She cast a sideways glance at Avalon, waiting to take the older girl's lead. When she saw Avalon using her mirror, Delilah did the same. "Hey, little jarvey," she softly called. It's what Avalon was doing, so she assumed the older Ravenclaw knew her stuff. She paused. Avalon was asking her what to do? "Uhh...maybe we should go...this way," she said, pointing to the right.

She decided to lead the way, although she kept the mirror fragment as closely as she could possibly could. In the distance, she could hear the sounds of her classmates, and something like a hint of fright sounded in their voices. She glanced back at Avalon. "Something's wrong," she declared. Really wrong. Not just 'we've been invaded by an army of hooded figures' wrong. Something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVEYS! View Post
The jarvey stopped digging, her head suddenly popping up where her behind had just been.

"You?" she asked, tilting her head at the Ravenclaw. "Tube?" Her whiskers twitched in the direction of the weasel curiously.
"Tube? What does tube mean?" Avalon asked, half to the jarvey and half to Delilah. She looked at both the weasel and the jarvey. "Well, you can come with us if you want." And with that, she followed Delilah to the right. Avalon truly didn't have an inclination on where to go, but she stopped in her tracks at the sound of shrieks. Her classmate was right. Something was wrong. "Come on. We have to go see if they're okay."

She took off in a jog toward the sound of the commotion (and the red sparks), hoping Deillah would follow, following the hedges until she found Aboli and Atlas—the latter of which was screaming....about something getting killed? Avalon's eyes widened in horror as she took in the sight of the dead jarvey. "Merlin! Are you guys alright?" Well, obviously not. Atlas was still choking back sobs. But she wanted to make sure they weren't hurt. "Did the hoods really do this?" Her heart sank as she realized how much danger they really were in. The situation at Hogwarts was getting worse by the minute.
Fireheart is offline  
Old 01-13-2021, 10:17 PM   #216 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie Mod



DIMC & MO
Antipodean Opaleye
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 9,972

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Hector E. Velez
International Cooperation
Default Claudine, Cersei & reacting to all the chaos
1/2 of Roston ~ Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

SPOILER!!: Claudine & Cersei
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
At first, Claudine couldn’t figure out why Heath was being spoilsport about her giggles. What? Didn’t he feel extra happy during CoMC lessons like she did? A few seconds later, she put it together. Oh. A quick glance around her told her there were no Hoods nearby for now. A nod was given to Heath, showing that she understood.

Anyway.

They both had a task to do and so she followed her own advice used the mirror to look ahead. Almost immediately she saw a jarvey. Naturally, Claudine was excited; she loved jarveys! Ohh, could she bundle the jarvey up and take her back to the Slytherin common room? But also… dragons? Was this Williamson in jarvey form? Claudine almost laughed at the thought. Almost.

Yes, could the little jarvey!dragon help? “Can you lead us to the exit?’’ Jarveys weren’t usually helpful; the lesson when the students had been introduced to jarveys last term was still fresh in her mind. Albus hadn’t helped her get through the activity at all. The girl tried another tactic. “Where was the last place you saw the dragons?’’ Heath’s question was considered. “I think there might be something to it. But with jarveys, who knows?’’

At that moment, Claudine looked over her shoulder. It was mainly to check on the amount of students behind them. Instead, she was rewarded with noticing the single Hood. Acting casually, she turned back to Heath. “We’ve got company,’’ she muttered. Immediately, Claudine knew they needed to do their best with this activity - for Williamson, her last remaining favourite professor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVEYS! View Post
Too many questions. There were TOO many QUESTIONS for her!

Cersei let out a shrill squeak as the two --- no THREE! --- tall people approached her, her little hands on either side of her face like a child who had been left in New York while the rest of their family traveled to Paris for Christmas. "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!"

She took off like a shot, leading the way toward one opening, then another, whipping around corners so quickly it was almost impossible for anyone to keep up.

Unless they were running too.


Heath eyed the cute little jarvey with curiosity, wondering what she’d say next. He was happy to let Claudine take over, just in case his own questions went nowhere. After all, she understood creatures a lot better than he did. If anyone would know what to do, it was her. He nodded, acknowledging her reply to his question, but before he could say anything, the jarvey screamed. Blink, blink. What was that about? Had she seen the Home Alone movies a few too many times, or…?

Oh! Claudine’s muttered words explained everything. His whole body tensed, and there was a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. Part of him wanted to see if the hooded figure was still behind them, but he didn’t dare look back! It was impossible to say which was racing faster, his mind or his heart. Act natural, he thought frantically. Don’t react, and whatever you do, don’t give them a reason to hex you! Obviously they couldn’t turn back the way they came, so probably the safest thing they could do now was run after the jarvey. Focus on the task at hand, and hopefully put some space between themselves and any hooded figures.

“You lead the way,” he said quietly. After giving Claudine a moment’s head start, he picked up poor little Lucie (who was trembling, frozen in fear at his feet) and ran in the direction the jarvey went. His heart pounded faster with each step of the way, but he couldn’t stop or look back. Until he had confirmation otherwise, he had to assume the hooded figure was following, and if they were, if they did decide to start firing hexes, at least this way he was closer in their range than Claudine. Merlin, he hoped it wouldn’t come to that! He didn’t want to get disfigured or tortured - or worse, killed! He didn’t even understand what he did wrong!

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a flash of green light, and he heard screams. What? Someone was dead? His heart dropped. Part of him wanted to run in the direction he saw the light, but he continued down the path he was on, disgusted by his own cowardice. If he was here alone, he would risk it, but going to… whoever it was who just screamed now would be leading himself and Claudine right to the hooded guys who’d done this. Not only that, but he’d be leading any hoods that might be following him to the person in trouble! “Keep going!” he said breathlessly, hoping with everything in him that Claudine wouldn’t try to follow the light. “Do you see our jarvey yet?”
__________________
Old voices I had thought long since dead whisper of another life I might have led

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
MadMadamMalfoy is offline  
Old 01-13-2021, 11:47 PM   #217 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DIMC & DMGS

Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,977

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aria Mae McLeod
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ryder Jude Anders
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Marvel-ous Patronus

SPOILER!!: Heath and jarveeeey! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
SPOILER!!: Claudine & Cersei




Heath eyed the cute little jarvey with curiosity, wondering what she’d say next. He was happy to let Claudine take over, just in case his own questions went nowhere. After all, she understood creatures a lot better than he did. If anyone would know what to do, it was her. He nodded, acknowledging her reply to his question, but before he could say anything, the jarvey screamed. Blink, blink. What was that about? Had she seen the Home Alone movies a few too many times, or…?

Oh! Claudine’s muttered words explained everything. His whole body tensed, and there was a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. Part of him wanted to see if the hooded figure was still behind them, but he didn’t dare look back! It was impossible to say which was racing faster, his mind or his heart. Act natural, he thought frantically. Don’t react, and whatever you do, don’t give them a reason to hex you! Obviously they couldn’t turn back the way they came, so probably the safest thing they could do now was run after the jarvey. Focus on the task at hand, and hopefully put some space between themselves and any hooded figures.

“You lead the way,” he said quietly. After giving Claudine a moment’s head start, he picked up poor little Lucie (who was trembling, frozen in fear at his feet) and ran in the direction the jarvey went. His heart pounded faster with each step of the way, but he couldn’t stop or look back. Until he had confirmation otherwise, he had to assume the hooded figure was following, and if they were, if they did decide to start firing hexes, at least this way he was closer in their range than Claudine. Merlin, he hoped it wouldn’t come to that! He didn’t want to get disfigured or tortured - or worse, killed! He didn’t even understand what he did wrong!

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a flash of green light, and he heard screams. What? Someone was dead? His heart dropped. Part of him wanted to run in the direction he saw the light, but he continued down the path he was on, disgusted by his own cowardice. If he was here alone, he would risk it, but going to… whoever it was who just screamed now would be leading himself and Claudine right to the hooded guys who’d done this. Not only that, but he’d be leading any hoods that might be following him to the person in trouble! “Keep going!” he said breathlessly, hoping with everything in him that Claudine wouldn’t try to follow the light. “Do you see our jarvey yet?”
Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVEYS! View Post
Text Cut: MadMadamMalfoy & FearlessLeader19




Too many questions. There were TOO many QUESTIONS for her!

Cersei let out a shrill squeak as the two --- no THREE! --- tall people approached her, her little hands on either side of her face like a child who had been left in New York while the rest of their family traveled to Paris for Christmas. "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!"

She took off like a shot, leading the way toward one opening, then another, whipping around corners so quickly it was almost impossible for anyone to keep up.

Unless they were running too.


Oh no.

They had startled the little jarvey. Or maybe overwhelm her? Whatever. It didn’t matter. The fact remained that the little creature had taken off after a pose with her hands on her cheeks. That would have been comical had it not been for the fact that Claudine was eager to hurry after the jarvey. And to hopefully put some distance between herself and Heath and The Hood. “Come on, Heath. Let’s follow her. Maybe she’ll lead us to the way out. Or at least give us some clue to the way out.’’ And off went the Snakette, as quickly as she could run.

Even little Charlie was doing his bit. In fact, he seemed just as eager as the jarvey to sprint. The girl just hoped that they would not come across a cockatrice out of the blue. There wasn’t much that she could do to use the mirror as they were moving along at a quick pace. For this reason, her wand was held alertly. Her heart seemed to stop as she heard shouting and coloured light from various spells. Merlin. What was going on? It had to be The Hoods causing trouble, Claudine was sure of it. She was also sure that Williamson could handle whatever…

“Yeah, I’m going. I just hope no one’s hurt.’’ No one or no creature. She thought her heart would break just at the thought of one of the creatures or someone she cared about got hurt. “I don’t see her right now. But let’s keep at it.”
__________________
I wish that I could be like the cool kids

'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in.
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 01-13-2021, 11:54 PM   #218 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,496

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie

Diagon Alley Employee:
Barty Belcher
Shrunken Head Bowling Alley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

Curtis walked with Bella up to Violet who had waited for them patiently. ..."Left it is," Curtis said. The jarvey also happened to go in that direction. He didn't know what lie ahead of them so he pressed on with his long legs trying to catch up. "You all have your mirrors at the ready?" He had just remembered about them, to be honest. He had done a sticking charm to one of his armor so they could get a full blast first, but did they also do the same?
Violet held up her own mirror fragment at Curtis's question--she was ready to use it, either as a shield or a weapon, because it was quite sharp--she'd already pricked a finger on it once. As to armor, she had her transfigured, reflective padding for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVEYS! View Post
There was a JARVEY! to the right though, a lithe white female with reddish eyes. She had her beady eyes fixed on something, her entire body tensed like she was about to pounce.
Then she sensed the girl and turned, doing a little backflip in the air in greeting. She hoped they saw her; Ivory's pale fur should stick out against the dark bushes. She didn't leave her watch-spot, though, her body tensing as her red eyes fixed on something in the distance.
Oh my goodness, that must be...a Jarvey! Violet had read of them, but never seen one. Oh Merlin, it was adorable! And quite clever, too--it was signalling them to follow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

Curtis stopped running as soon as Mini-Toby stopped, allowing the footsteps behind him to catch up. "I wonder how deep this maze-" Stop right here. His ears picked up some unforgivable words and out of the corner of his eye a green flash in the air. But he didn't hear anyone scream. Did those... You've got to be kidding.."
He drew his wand out about to send red sparks when a thought hit him, making him lower his arm... "Listen... don't send any sparks up yet until we see who... got hit. We might end up attracting them onto us next before the Professor finds us." "Let's keep going, but don't make a peep."[/size]
So with that Curtis walked forward cautiously letting the rest of the group behind him, wand out for a quick reflex spell.
"Look at that," she said very softly, gesturing toward the little white creature and placing her hand on Curtis's arm to get his attention before he went on up ahead. She wanted to get out of there, too, but the Jarvey might be able to help them find the way. She was surprised to find her wand was drawn and clutched in her other hand.
MadAlice is offline  
Old 01-14-2021, 12:40 AM   #219 (permalink)


MO
Moke
 
pundantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Winterfell
Posts: 8,755

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gideon Emerson
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ferris Karten

x4
Default
Who Am I? Ern's 2460FUN

SPOILER!!: Dahlia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Many things happened all at once and none of it was good.

Screams from somewhere else in the maze reached her ears and even though she only could make out a couple of words... 'Killed, Her, We're all dead'. It was waaaaay more than enough to strike fear into this eleven year old's heart. Who was dead?! What was happening?!

Nervous blue eyes once more shot in the direction of where Kale had been standing. Wha-

There was the clucking once again. This time much louder and much more closer than it had been. Her heart was already racing from all the shouting and this wasn't helping. Rusty was yanking at his harness trying to pull her away from the noise causing her to stumble.

And there it was. Right in her face. All she could remember before she hit the ground, HARD, was Rusty's loud squeaks and him running around her, tangling her up in the lead he was attached to. The other was the Cockatrice's face that was much to close to her face.

Nothing else registered in her head as she laid there on the ground.


Heck yeah, a lot happened at once. People were screaming about murder. And Kale, who usually subscribed to a certain level of dramatic flare, felt his blood go cold. Because this term that wasn't something dramatic people shouted to enhance the drama. No, it was a real threat.

And all he could think about was his friends he didn't have an eye on. Too many of them were somewhere lost in the maze and undoubtedly those hooded dudes were running free, too. He hated it. Gosh, he hated it.

This was too stressful to endure.

AND THEN HE SAW THE CREATURE AND DAHLIA'S FACE WAAAAAY TOO CLOSE TO IT.

So, he did the first thing he could think of-- he started to shout. "Hey! Over here! Look over here! C'mon. Look at me!!" Not the younger student all wrapped up in the lead.
__________________
pundantic is offline  
Old 01-14-2021, 01:50 AM   #220 (permalink)

DMC
Ravenclaw
Imp
 
NiallNIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Los Angeles!!!!
Posts: 485

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Quinn Kingsley
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kittredge Flannigan
Magical Creatures
Post
The Gay Agenda™< >Homiesexual uwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash turned around and marked the corridor. Blocked end. "Guess we have to go the other way." She started to walk in the other direction.

And then, she ducked on instinct. Someone had just shot a killing curse somewhere. Her heart was beating very hard now. "You guys heard that, right?" She paused, refusing to let any fear in. She would NOT think about what was going on until she had more info. She couldn't bear it. That could be a friend, an animal, an alliance member, or a miss, and she was not going to even CONTEMPLATE which one it was. "All in favor of going in the direction of the sparks they just shot up raise your hand. All in favor of going in the exact opposite direction, keep your hand down." Ash did not raise her hand. "I don't really want to, but if you guys want to, I'd follow." Mostly out of concern for their safety.
Quinn sighed as they hit wall. "Yeah, I guess—" There was a flash of green somewhere in the maze, there were red sparks, and there was yelling—was that Atlas? Yelling about...

Quinn's blood ran cold. "Atlas..?" Quinn didn't quite care one way or another about who or what was in this maze, but he heard his friend yelling in distress. About someone being dead. He didn't care about a vote. He started backtracking, trying to find a path to his friend—he was leaving his group, but they didn't sound like they were in imminent danger. Quinn was not about to leave Atlas in this maze.

"Atlas! Atlas, are you okay?!"
NiallNIP is offline  
Old 01-14-2021, 02:08 AM   #221 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,487

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Fifth Year
Default
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiallNIP View Post
Quinn sighed as they hit wall. "Yeah, I guess—" There was a flash of green somewhere in the maze, there were red sparks, and there was yelling—was that Atlas? Yelling about...

Quinn's blood ran cold. "Atlas..?" Quinn didn't quite care one way or another about who or what was in this maze, but he heard his friend yelling in distress. About someone being dead. He didn't care about a vote. He started backtracking, trying to find a path to his friend—he was leaving his group, but they didn't sound like they were in imminent danger. Quinn was not about to leave Atlas in this maze.

"Atlas! Atlas, are you okay?!"
Ash sighed. She might be reckless, but that didn't mean she wanted to run towards danger. However, it did mean that she couldn't leave people behind. "Well then. Guess I'm going this way after you." No WAY was she letting a first year run in the direction of killing curses by himself. She ran after him. "I think they're that way." This was ridiculous. They were running in the direction of certain danger. By choice. But that was the way it was.
astrocat is offline  
Old 01-14-2021, 02:14 AM   #222 (permalink)
Other Characters
Puffskein
 
JARVEYS!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,012
Default GIVE A JARVEY! A CHANCE TO REPLY!!!!!!!!! ok?!

Text Cut: Curtis & Violet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post
Curtis walked with Bella up to Violet who had waited for them patiently. Very nice. Mini Toby was scurring ahead of them, he didn't look back to see if Moose caught up but he assumed he was with them on the lookout. "Left it is," Curtis said. The jarvey also happened to go in that direction. He didn't know what lie ahead of them so he pressed on with his long legs trying to catch up. "You all have your mirrors at the ready?" He had just remembered about them, to be honest. He had done a sticking charm to one of his armor so they could get a full blast first, but did they also do the same?

Curtis stopped running as soon as Mini-Toby stopped, allowing the footsteps behind him to catch up. "I wonder how deep this maze-" Stop right here. His ears picked up some unforgivable words and out of the corner of his eye a green flash in the air. But he didn't hear anyone scream. Did those... You've got to be kidding.." Not like he didn't out rule this happening but here? Now?!

He drew his wand out about to send red sparks when a thought hit him, making him lower his arm... "Listen... don't send any sparks up yet until we see who... got hit. We might end up attracting them onto us next before the Professor finds us." He said in a slightly lower tone for them to hear. It was hella risky, but which was riskier? They didn't see who or what got killed and doing this may cause them to be next on the list. "Let's keep going, but don't make a peep." He did not want to be the reason for getting them in more danger than they already were.

So with that Curtis walked forward cautiously letting the rest of the group behind him, wand out for a quick reflex spell. Was he finally stepping into the role of brave and fearless leader of the Slytherins as seventh years were expected to be? Nah, he was just getting fed up with this business and wanted to get out of here without looking like the bad guy who sent kids up front to risk death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Violet held up her own mirror fragment at Curtis's question--she was ready to use it, either as a shield or a weapon, because it was quite sharp--she'd already pricked a finger on it once. As to armor, she had her transfigured, reflective padding for that.

Oh my goodness, that must be...a Jarvey! Violet had read of them, but never seen one. Oh Merlin, it was adorable! And quite clever, too--it was signalling them to follow it.

"Look at that," she said very softly, gesturing toward the little white creature and placing her hand on Curtis's arm to get his attention before he went on up ahead. She wanted to get out of there, too, but the Jarvey might be able to help them find the way. She was surprised to find her wand was drawn and clutched in her other hand.


The jarvey scampered off without waiting for them.

Too slow! It was time to get out of here. She sensed something was seriously OFF with this place.


Text Cut: Heath & Claudine
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Heath eyed the cute little jarvey with curiosity, wondering what she’d say next. He was happy to let Claudine take over, just in case his own questions went nowhere. After all, she understood creatures a lot better than he did. If anyone would know what to do, it was her. He nodded, acknowledging her reply to his question, but before he could say anything, the jarvey screamed. Blink, blink. What was that about? Had she seen the Home Alone movies a few too many times, or…?

Oh! Claudine’s muttered words explained everything. His whole body tensed, and there was a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. Part of him wanted to see if the hooded figure was still behind them, but he didn’t dare look back! It was impossible to say which was racing faster, his mind or his heart. Act natural, he thought frantically. Don’t react, and whatever you do, don’t give them a reason to hex you! Obviously they couldn’t turn back the way they came, so probably the safest thing they could do now was run after the jarvey. Focus on the task at hand, and hopefully put some space between themselves and any hooded figures.

“You lead the way,” he said quietly. After giving Claudine a moment’s head start, he picked up poor little Lucie (who was trembling, frozen in fear at his feet) and ran in the direction the jarvey went. His heart pounded faster with each step of the way, but he couldn’t stop or look back. Until he had confirmation otherwise, he had to assume the hooded figure was following, and if they were, if they did decide to start firing hexes, at least this way he was closer in their range than Claudine. Merlin, he hoped it wouldn’t come to that! He didn’t want to get disfigured or tortured - or worse, killed! He didn’t even understand what he did wrong!

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a flash of green light, and he heard screams. What? Someone was dead? His heart dropped. Part of him wanted to run in the direction he saw the light, but he continued down the path he was on, disgusted by his own cowardice. If he was here alone, he would risk it, but going to… whoever it was who just screamed now would be leading himself and Claudine right to the hooded guys who’d done this. Not only that, but he’d be leading any hoods that might be following him to the person in trouble! “Keep going!” he said breathlessly, hoping with everything in him that Claudine wouldn’t try to follow the light. “Do you see our jarvey yet?”
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
SPOILER!!: Heath and jarveeeey! <3




Oh no.

They had startled the little jarvey. Or maybe overwhelm her? Whatever. It didn’t matter. The fact remained that the little creature had taken off after a pose with her hands on her cheeks. That would have been comical had it not been for the fact that Claudine was eager to hurry after the jarvey. And to hopefully put some distance between herself and Heath and The Hood. “Come on, Heath. Let’s follow her. Maybe she’ll lead us to the way out. Or at least give us some clue to the way out.’’ And off went the Snakette, as quickly as she could run.

Even little Charlie was doing his bit. In fact, he seemed just as eager as the jarvey to sprint. The girl just hoped that they would not come across a cockatrice out of the blue. There wasn’t much that she could do to use the mirror as they were moving along at a quick pace. For this reason, her wand was held alertly. Her heart seemed to stop as she heard shouting and coloured light from various spells. Merlin. What was going on? It had to be The Hoods causing trouble, Claudine was sure of it. She was also sure that Williamson could handle whatever…

“Yeah, I’m going. I just hope no one’s hurt.’’ No one or no creature. She thought her heart would break just at the thought of one of the creatures or someone she cared about got hurt. “I don’t see her right now. But let’s keep at it.”


Cersei just knew she needed to keep moving to avoid 1) dragons and 2) spells! She reached the opening that was the exit and took a moment to catch her little jarvey breath.

Then she dodged back, running back and forth across the path to see if she could spot the humans she had led to the end?!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitorial Squad View Post
Quick enough, she was not; for the hooded figures were quicker.

"Avada Kedavra!"

The single green bolt hit the jarvey despite her agile scamper and the hooded figures once again disappeared into the depths of the maze.
The spell hit Mollywobbles square in her back, and she fell, lifeless, to the ground, forever locked in place with her paws in mid-run.

Poor jarvey. She did not deserve this fate.


Text Cut: The Girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Phoebe tried not to cling to Cece as they walked, but she'd been scared and hurt and she was trying to be brave for the littles. So she could be a little weak with her closest friend. "I'm okay," she whispered as she hefted the ferret who was now somehow her responsibility back up into her arms. They had a jarvey now, right?

Sleepiest jarvey ever, though. "Go on and give his belly a rub and see if it motivates him to help us out. We're never going to..."

She was distracted by words that she never thought she'd hear, followed by a green flash of light, from somewhere close in the maze. "Cece... did you... did anyone...?" Merlin, what was HAPPENING in this class? Did someone else just get murdered?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
OHGOSHLOOOOOK!

Sleepiest little guy was cute and so squishable and almost enough to make her forget the harsh reality waiting for them outside these maze walls. ”Belly scratching duty, it-“ No.

Cece’s hand hovered just over the jarvey’s belly as she looked to Phoebe, scared because she’d heard it too. Slowly, quietly, she stood and looked around them for another path. ”Should we send up red sparks? Williamson would come.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

"He's SO cute!" Emm was on her knees by Cece in seconds, wanting to give the jarvey all the love in the world. "Kizzy, isn't he the softest looking jarvey we've ever seeeennn?" Chaotic class in which she nearly lost one of the people she cared loads for? What was that? LOOK AT HIS FAAACE!!!

"Can we keep him? You think the Professor would let us?" She asked the pair of older girls. By virtue of being older, they had all the answers, obviously. Emm gestured Kizzy to come have a feel. If only they could sit here with him until class was over, then Cece would be right and none of them would di--

O____O

Fifi asking Cece those unfinished questions and Cece asking about sparks was confirmation enough Emm DID hear those horrid words somewhere TOO CLOSE to them in this very maze. That green light wasn't just her seeing things. Forget the jarvey, she was freaking out again.

And screaming. Boy was she screaming as she flung herself desperately at Cecelia. If Emmerson could crawl into her friend's robes and hide in there, she would. Instead, she settled for trying to go right through her skin. "They're dead, they're dead! We're next! Professor!! We're dead! We're dead!" What was breathing?? What was living???

"Sparks! Sparks, fast someone!! Kizzy, we're dead!! Phoebe help!" And no, she was not letting go of Cece. SHE was the only one of the other three who hadn't done anything to die today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
"Softest and cutest little one," Kizzy agreed with Emm and joined Cece in giving the little creature all the belly scra--

O______________O


Hearing the unforgivable sent a shiver up the second year's back. But instead of screaming (like her loud counterpart) Kinsay shut off entirely and immediately only after running back to Phoebe. C L I N G I N G. And burying her head in the older girl's robes.

It also didn't help that Emm was screaming that they were all going to die. It was one thing to think it another to say it, but to hear it? To feel it come from nearby? It was tangible now. And as much as Kinsay James wanted to be a brave Gryffindor, she had never felt more terrified in her life. And Emmerson's declarations only made things worse... up to the point that Kizzy's whole body started trembling. The tears that she had managed to hold back all lesson were once again welling up in her eyes. Oop. Wait, no. Kinsay James was crying. "Fifi, I want mum."

Someone send sparks. Please someone send sparks. Please.


...so the belly rubs were a no, then? Albus rolled over as the girls began to freak out, waddling over, calmly inserting himself in the midst of them, and sitting there on his hind legs with his hands resting together on his belly.

"Red sparks?" he repeated with a small shake of his head. No. No sparks. "Lemondrops." THAT was what the girls needed. Surely one of them had some lemondrops for him?


Text Cut: Atlas, Aboli, & Anyone Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
So...it wasn't that he MEANT to ignore Miss Song, but it was a little hard to pay attention when the other jarvey (who was now calling itself Miss Song) was being just so darn adorable and distracting. Maybe he should ask for a jarvey for a pet in the future? Or a ferret. The one in his arms seemed to feel pretty comfortable with him and especially his armpit. So there was a bit of 'mmhmm-ing' and such in response to the older Slytherin while he hopped between his left and right feet as the jarvey wove itself through his legs. He was pretty sure he had seen this sort of thing at a dog show once...a dog show and seen Auntie Jade attempting to teach one of her dogs to do this too.

Atlas could multitask, see? He could walk and chew gum at the same time AND hold a ferret and play with a jarvey.

Though the play time paused at the mention of a shadow and, his own mirror peeking around the hedge as he kept close to Miss Song when...when it happened.

Atlas nearly dropped the ferret while he sacrificed the mirror shard as his hand flew to his mouth to muffle the gasp that came out of his mouth at the sight of a wand being drawn on the other jarvey. He wished he hadn't been peering around the hedge at that time, but he had been...so he saw it all. The green flash of light. The light striking the jarvey. The jarvey lying there...dead....and Atlas felt as though a star had just collapsed inside his chest.

In his brief time here at Hogwarts...Atlas had now witnessed two out of three Unforgiveables in action.

It was a good thing that The Hoods™ had disappeared into the depths of the maze, because Atlas wasn't thinking as he bolted around the corner hedge and over to the deceased jarvey with a loud "NO!" Vision blurry from hot tears, the Gryffindor wasn't sure why he wasn't...well...why he wasn't relieving himself in the moment but he wasn't. Instead he was adjusting his hold on the ferret he already had, gently moving it to drape around his neck like a scarf, and then he was scooping up the Avada Kedavra'd creature as though she may turn to ash if he were too strong. Kneeling, he laid the jarvey across his thighs and then looked up at Aboli...absolutely sobbing.

"THEY KILLED HER!"

Composure? Didn't know her. He was distraught and, as it turned out, still with an empty bladder.

"SHE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG...AND THEY KILLED HER!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post

Aboli was trying to catch up to the jarvey as well, using her mirror to her advantage. The fact that it was calling itself MISS SONG was kind of funny, too. She realized what the shadow was almost a second before they did what they did -

Her heart stopped.

The symbolism did not go over her head. She heard it loud and clear. Her first thought as the creature's lifeless corpse fell to the ground was to grab Atlas less he do anything stupid - Gryffindor levels of stupid - but to her surprise he merely cried out in a pain that made Aboli shiver. She watched the hooded figures for a second, her face impassive as she slowly crouched next to Atlas and the now deceased Mollywobbles. The green light replayed over and over in her head.

What to say? The kid was, like, eleven? Twelve? Aboli was hardly an adult. Like. A few months in to being one, and she was not nearly as wise as she had once thought, but she dropped her mirror shard to place a hand on his back, comfortingly. "She got in their way." She said softly. "We would be wise to remember not to do the same." Her tone was....cold. Not toward Atlas, of course, but it was there. "It was a warning."

Aboli send sparks into the air, not because she didn't think they needed help. They weren't in danger. But Atlas was so distraught, there was no way he was going to be able to finish the maze. The way he was holding onto the dead jarvey...Aboli's heart wrenched for him. She felt she could not comfort him to the best of her ability here, with the hooded figures so near. "It's horrible, Atlas, I know," she said as she pet the jarvey's head, gently, comfortingly, as if she were lulling it off to a peaceful death....

"We cannot freak out in here," she whispered in his ear. She didn't need him to start ranting and raving at the hooded guys and get himself killed....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie
He wasn't even sure who he was yelling at...but he was yelling. And sobbing. It all just too much and while he was very distraught over the jarvey, these tears were much more about the fact that he had just witnessed the Killing Curse. How easily that wand could have been pointed elsewhere. How easily it could have been him. And then there was anger. Anger at those people for coming into this hedge maze KNOWING that there were creatures running around within. Creatures who were supposed to help TEACH them about magical things and then they had KILLED her for what? For literally nothing.

So much for actually caring about their education.

And speaking of not caring...

Atlas' head snapped around and his eyes widened as she spoke so coldly, his mouth agape and honestly a little scared of HER now...it was like she was on their side and the kindness faked with the hand on his back made him feel a little sick. So when she reached out to pet the jarvey in his lap, the first year SLAPPED her hand away. "Don't touch her!" he whimpered loudly while pulling the jarvey's body a bit more to him as the ferret around his shoulder's tensed. "You don't get to touch her." And he didn't want her anywhere near him either, so he was recoiling a bit when she leaned in like that to whisper into his ear. "...and d-d-don't touch me..." he stammered while wiping his nose with the sleeve of his robes. "...I'll just...wait here with her...until Professor Williamson comes..."

Since she had sent off the red sparks and all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireheart View Post
"Tube? What does tube mean?" Avalon asked, half to the jarvey and half to Delilah. She looked at both the weasel and the jarvey. "Well, you can come with us if you want." And with that, she followed Delilah to the right. Avalon truly didn't have an inclination on where to go, but she stopped in her tracks at the sound of shrieks. Her classmate was right. Something was wrong. "Come on. We have to go see if they're okay."

She took off in a jog toward the sound of the commotion (and the red sparks), hoping Deillah would follow, following the hedges until she found Aboli and Atlas—the latter of which was screaming....about something getting killed? Avalon's eyes widened in horror as she took in the sight of the dead jarvey. "Merlin! Are you guys alright?" Well, obviously not. Atlas was still choking back sobs. But she wanted to make sure they weren't hurt. "Did the hoods really do this?" Her heart sank as she realized how much danger they really were in. The situation at Hogwarts was getting worse by the minute.


Of COURSE Pretzel was going to follow them! The little whiskers over her eyes were twitching at the sense of danger, and she wasn't about to let these girls face it on their own.

"Pretzel pretzel pretzels," she murmured to herself. "Pretzel day." Oh look, they were coming up on Mollywobbles and Ferret Bueller! Pretzel eagerly scampered over to the older, motherly jarvey, right as the boy picked her up. She leaned up on him, disregarding his howling, and set about sniffing her.

It only took a second for her to realize that the motherly jarvey was DEAD. Dead and cold. Pretzel plopped down on the ground beside the boy and the jarvey, her sad little head resting on her paws and her big eyes focused only on Mollywobbles.

"Pretzel dedddd," she whimpered softly. "Ded ded dedddd."


It was all fun and games for Ferret Bueller until that flash of green light happened.

The jarvey froze, watching his mum get hit by the light from down the maze. Curse these wizards and their magic spells! He let out a string of words that would no doubt be censored by any respectable web-site or television programme.

The jarvey took off down the maze, running after the hooded figures and trying to find them so he could bite and destroy them. He gave up on his chase after a while, though; they had disappeared and he needed to be by his mum.

Ferret Bueller dragged himself back to the little lion cub and crawled up into his arms so he could be next to her. He flopped over Atlas like a limp noodle. He had no energy left. All he was squeaking was, "Not my mother. MY mother. My mother...."

__________________
JARVEYS! is offline  
Old 01-14-2021, 02:37 AM   #223 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DoM
Banshee
 
BanaBatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gotham
Posts: 51,042

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Gryffindor
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Edric Mason Cambridge
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Duncan M. Fletcher III
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default sorry that this thread is closing soon ;____________; to @everyone
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Red. Sparks. From his tree stand (of sorts) above the maze, Williamson had been staring intently at a group stuck at a dead end, hoping they found a way around it, determined not be upset if they just blasted their way through. He missed the green light entirely....

And then the sparks happened.

He climbed down from his vantage point and took off at a run, straight into the maze via the exit. He was a gambling man and was willing to place a bet that those stupid hooded hobgoblins had done something again. Please, Merlin, don't let another student be injured...

Text Cut: ran into Dahlia & Kale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Many things happened all at once and none of it was good.

Screams from somewhere else in the maze reached her ears and even though she only could make out a couple of words... 'Killed, Her, We're all dead'. It was waaaaay more than enough to strike fear into this eleven year old's heart. Who was dead?! What was happening?!

Nervous blue eyes once more shot in the direction of where Kale had been standing. Wha-

There was the clucking once again. This time much louder and much more closer than it had been. Her heart was already racing from all the shouting and this wasn't helping. Rusty was yanking at his harness trying to pull her away from the noise causing her to stumble.

And there it was. Right in her face. All she could remember before she hit the ground, HARD, was Rusty's loud squeaks and him running around her, tangling her up in the lead he was attached to. The other was the Cockatrice's face that was much to close to her face.

Nothing else registered in her head as she laid there on the ground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pundantic View Post

Heck yeah, a lot happened at once. People were screaming about murder. And Kale, who usually subscribed to a certain level of dramatic flare, felt his blood go cold. Because this term that wasn't something dramatic people shouted to enhance the drama. No, it was a real threat.

And all he could think about was his friends he didn't have an eye on. Too many of them were somewhere lost in the maze and undoubtedly those hooded dudes were running free, too. He hated it. Gosh, he hated it.

This was too stressful to endure.

AND THEN HE SAW THE CREATURE AND DAHLIA'S FACE WAAAAAY TOO CLOSE TO IT.

So, he did the first thing he could think of-- he started to shout. "Hey! Over here! Look over here! C'mon. Look at me!!" Not the younger student all wrapped up in the lead.


On his way through, he almost ran right past Dahlia and Kale and their... uh, cockatrice, that was stuck in the maze. Kale trying to save Dahlia from it was admirable, to be sure, but he didn't have time to let the Gryffindor play out his heroic part.

"Obscuro," the Creatures cast quickly, effectively placing a blindfold over the cockatrice's eyes. He leaned a hand down for Dahlia to pull her up, then kept on with his run, briefly patting Kale on the shoulder as he passed him by. "EXIT'S THAT WAY," he called behind him encouragingly, heading still for the red sparks.

And then he saw them all... Aboli, Atlas, Ashley, Avalon, Delilah, Quinn, Pretzel, Ferret Bueller.... and was that... was that....

"MOLLYWOBBLES?!" Williamson roared, coming to a skidding stop beside Atlas. "Who sent up the red sparks? Who's injured? What's wrong with my jarvey?"

He kneeled down and reached a big hand out, hesitantly, fearing the worst but not wanting to say it. He just... held his hand there for Atlast to place Molly on it. "Who? How?" How? How, Merlin, please tell him how this had happened...
__________________

my life's a piece of art, I'll be a paintbrush __//__ don't listen to the critics 'cause they hate us_________________
_________________
to be honest, I don't know what I'm afraid of __//__ someday, I'll be happy when I wake up_________________

BanaBatGirl is offline  
Old 01-14-2021, 03:01 AM   #224 (permalink)

DMC
Ravenclaw
Imp
 
NiallNIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Los Angeles!!!!
Posts: 485

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Quinn Kingsley
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kittredge Flannigan
Magical Creatures
Default
The Gay Agenda™< >Homiesexual uwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash sighed. She might be reckless, but that didn't mean she wanted to run towards danger. However, it did mean that she couldn't leave people behind. "Well then. Guess I'm going this way after you." No WAY was she letting a first year run in the direction of killing curses by himself. She ran after him. "I think they're that way." This was ridiculous. They were running in the direction of certain danger. By choice. But that was the way it was.
Quinn was grateful that Ash was with him, however hesitantly. He went with her through the maze, the weasel on his shoulder shaking a bit thinking of what they would find.

Once they made it to the crowd of people, Quinn saw Atlas kneeling on the ground and crying. Quinn rushed over and knelt next to him. Based on the two talking ferrets that were crying with him, Quinn assumed these were the jarveys that the Professor was talking about. The one in Atlas's hands was...

He felt a bit of relief in his chest at the fact that this wasn't a person, but he still felt horrible. "Oh... Atlas, I'm sorry..." Quinn wanted to be here for Atlas, but he wasn't sure what he could do. Then he remembered something—Quinn put his hand on Atlas's back and started rubbing in a circle. It's what his Gram would always do when he was upset, and it always comforted him.

Then the Professor ran up, asking what happened to the jarvey. Quinn didn't rightfully know, so he kept quiet.

Last edited by NiallNIP; 01-14-2021 at 03:38 AM.
NiallNIP is offline  
Old 01-14-2021, 03:09 AM   #225 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,487

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Fifth Year
Default
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Ash felt a wave of relief. What a horrible feeling. You had pretty much hit rock bottom when you were glad that an animal was dead and not a human. It was so bad, she couldn't even cry much. She was basically emotionally numb at this point. "She must have gotten hit with a killing curse." She just stood there to the side and stuck her hands in her pockets painedly. She had heard, but not seen it. She knew who must have done it, clearly the hooded figures, but she could hardly say that. She didn't want to die like the poor jarvey had. Mollywobbles. Poor Williamson. Poor Atlas. Poor Mollywobbles.

Ash had a habit of shedding a single tear and not noticing. She did so now.
astrocat is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:42 AM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213